AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-07-18, 09:30   Link #461
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I've just seen the first episode/OAV/movie-rendition and this has to be one of the best organized story I've seen in a while that is told in such a straight forward manner.

As Kaoru said already, going back to 20 minutes of anime dosage was less than ordinary. I can't wait to watch the 2nd rendition.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 12:08   Link #462
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I heard the fourth movie was long though [Actually, I'm not very sure which one it was, but I heard that one of them was longer than the usual 50-60 minutes.]. Is that true, and which one is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReAn View Post
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=5959

Anidb (as unreliable as it is) lists the 4th movie as being 50 minutes long.
From the little I've read of the novels, the length of the 4th chapter onwards(epilogue aside of course) starts to grow. Big time. I'd actually think it would be around the range of 90-120 minutes to be honest.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 12:14   Link #463
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
From the little I've read of the novels, the length of the 4th chapter onwards(epilogue aside of course) starts to grow. Big time. I'd actually think it would be around the range of 90-120 minutes to be honest.
You're referring to the fifth chapter, which has been confirmed to be around 2 hours (longer if necessary) by ufotable.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 22:21   Link #464
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Quote:
Like i said dude, Anidb has the movie @ 50 minutes, and It's already aired iirc, so yea....
ReAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 23:41   Link #465
Kylaran
A Priori Impossibility

Quote:
The Kara no Kyoukai novel has kanji that exist outside typical use by even most native Japanese speakers. A few combinations of such kanji have to have their readings guessed (although, most Japanese readers would be able to ascertain the meaning of the kanji). If you can read just "a little" of it, that's already pretty awesome. (I'm assuming you're not a native-born speaker).

The reason this story's so well done is because 1.) it was originally written as a novel and 2.) it's Type-Moon. The animators not only provide spectacular art work, but also seem to want to stick to the story progression in the book (I haven't seen the newest episode).

At least, that's how I feel the animators are doing it.
Kylaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 01:39   Link #466
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
You're referring to the fifth chapter, which has been confirmed to be around 2 hours (longer if necessary) by ufotable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReAn View Post
Like i said dude, Anidb has the movie @ 50 minutes, and It's already aired iirc, so yea....
I stand corrected, and yeah the fourth movie has aired on the 24th of May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylaran View Post
The Kara no Kyoukai novel has kanji that exist outside typical use by even most native Japanese speakers. A few combinations of such kanji have to have their readings guessed (although, most Japanese readers would be able to ascertain the meaning of the kanji). If you can read just "a little" of it, that's already pretty awesome. (I'm assuming you're not a native-born speaker).

The reason this story's so well done is because 1.) it was originally written as a novel and 2.) it's Type-Moon. The animators not only provide spectacular art work, but also seem to want to stick to the story progression in the book (I haven't seen the newest episode).

At least, that's how I feel the animators are doing it.
Yeah, I'm not a native speaker and my brain fried trying to read half the first chapter. The rest I tried to skim. So yeah that's where my not-so-accurate estimate of the word count came up. Damned Nasuspeak...

In addition to the two factors you brought up, I feel that the Ufotable, the animators needs some credit as well. By making the changes from the original novels are nothing but cosmetic/time-saving(from what I remember from the 1st chapter) and not working their creative license too much, they retain the essence of the original material. Not to mention I bet they wanted to avoid the debacle that was the Tsukihime ani-, uh you know what I mean.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 20:43   Link #467
Avisch
Reality Blender

<-watched the third movie
Wow.....that was wonderful

I seriously thought
Spoiler for the ending:

Spoiler for Not really. But just some details. If you haven't read the novel don't watch:

Of course...I'm a Fujino fan. So this chapter will remain my favorite for now.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 20:53   Link #468
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
I seriously thought
Spoiler for the ending:
I was quite worried, too, especially when the medical problem was explained, but I kept hope with a certain Tsukihime far-side route in mind, and sure enough... A little satisfaction/relief, at anticipating that.

A love triangle would be awesomely terrifying. Those girls don't mess around!

This third movie is by far the best of the three. For the first time, the story feels "complete".

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2008-07-23 at 21:10.
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 21:58   Link #469
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
I was quite worried, too, especially when the medical problem was explained, but I kept hope with a certain Tsukihime far-side route in mind, and sure enough... A little satisfaction/relief, at anticipating that.
Same. When Kokutou smiled. I smiled. The music coming in was perfect aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
A love triangle would be awesomely terrifying. Those girls don't mess around!

This third movie is by far the best of the three. For the first time, the story feels "complete".
I hope we get some doujin material related to that

Well all the movies so far have tried their best to be complete (all ending on a somewhat happy note).
But yes the third movie has more satisfaction than the last 2. It's finally a REAL happy end.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 23:12   Link #470
Ashlotte
Clockwork

3rd entry in this series has proved to be just as much of a piece of art as the 2 that preceded it...Just wonderful.

It really does feel hard to find consistently good storytelling like this anymore...Their may be some that have one or two truly brilliant tales to tell but this really has continually delivered beautifully crafted stories.

I can only hope this series gets the recognition it deserves to be licensed.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 00:32   Link #471
kujoe
from head to heel

Enchanting as usual, but I found this episode more confusing as well. Fujino's condition and how it relates to her powers warped my mind for the duration of the episode.

Spoiler for Fujino's past:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 00:57   Link #472
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
One pic to sum up my view on 3rd movie

Check my blog of more detailed thoughts. I LOVE this movie. In big capital letters.
Old 2008-07-24, 04:08   Link #473
Dori Dori
Sleepy

lovable nekoarc
Dori Dori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 09:01   Link #474
Taiyakikung

Send a message via ICQ to Taiyakikung
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
One pic to sum up my view on 3rd movie

Check my blog of more detailed thoughts. I LOVE this movie. In big capital letters.
Um!Can you explain how's your opinion related to that picture?I still don't get it.
Old 2008-07-24, 09:07   Link #475
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiyakikung View Post
Um!Can you explain how's your opinion related to that picture?I still don't get it.
The only cure for that is to lurk moar. But for now we'll say that the image conveys a favorable impression.
Old 2008-07-24, 09:43   Link #476
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Is it really that hard to understand? It's best not to explain it to him since I'll get a bit graphic.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 10:20   Link #477
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
It was definitely the most graphic of the films.

In both violence and the starting scene.

I'm a Fujino fan too, so this is currently my favourite.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 10:42   Link #478
Taiyakikung

What are three cards that Shiki got from Touko for?I don't see her use them at all.
Old 2008-07-24, 11:13   Link #479
Archer

Quote:
What are three cards that Shiki got from Touko for?I don't see her use them at all.
The cards themselves aren't important.

Spoiler for Cards:
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 11:20   Link #480
Taiyakikung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
The cards themselves aren't important.

Spoiler for Cards:
Spoiler for mastermind:

Tags