AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-08-15, 05:51   Link #16361
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azule View Post
Oookaaay. Deep breath.

-about to run through it in japanese to see character portraits and stuffz-

Just because im confused, which one of the new characters is Will and which one is Wright/Leon @_@
Will Wright is the man in blue. Leon is the girl/boy in red. Leon's gender is probably made ambiguous on purpose, like how the 19th caller in EP 5 is either a girl or boy.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 05:53   Link #16362
Mic

I found information about Van Dine Twenty rules
Spoiler for Twenty rules for writing detective stories:
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 06:14   Link #16363
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Almazluverdis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcindor View Post
goddamit 2chan
Never ever trust 2chan. That's my advice. Anyway, I KNEW IT. I KNEW THAT GUY WAS VAN DINE. I'll stop spazzing out now. So "Leon" can't be a possible culprit?
Old 2010-08-15, 06:24   Link #16364
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kaisen View Post
It hasn't been confirmed that Wright has an objective viewpoint yet, but I don't buy into Leon = Kanon = Shannon until I read it myself.
So far as I'm reading, Wright tries to invoke Spectator Authority to force Shannon to appear together with Kanon before him. Shannon seems to go into an infinite loop which chews up the available CPU and starts stuttering, upon which Wright backs down.

This doesn't prove anything -- but immediately before that Wright tells her that this world is a specially set up stage for demonstration purposes, a "bigger cat box" so that Leon may exist. As such it is not required to be true.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 06:26   Link #16365
Axilios
Golden penguin

Send a message via MSN to Axilios
Willard H wright is the blue one, Lion is the red one. Also yes, there was a false spoiler about some incestuous relationship between Rosa and Rudolf on 2ch, but everything was false.
I seriously hope that Ryu will use Lion's design again one day, it is the best character he has drawn for me.
Axilios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 06:38   Link #16366
Escargotage
I want to believe.

Am I late to the party? Found these through executing Kinzo and choosing Beato's different outfit.

Spoiler for EP7:
Old 2010-08-15, 06:52   Link #16367
Endless_Witch_Nipah
BeaBato <3

Send a message via MSN to Endless_Witch_Nipah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escargotage View Post
Am I late to the party? Found these through executing Kinzo and choosing Beato's different outfit.

Spoiler for EP7:

Translation please?
Old 2010-08-15, 07:11   Link #16368
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Good lord a bunch of new characters, 23 new music tracks and a bunch of new rules to go with it. Ryukishi better damn well know what he's doing.

If I can borrow my friend's copy I'll probably start on it by the middle of the week.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 07:16   Link #16369
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Actually, Ryukishi was vastly more consistent in this episode, considering how it went smoothly like a clockwork.
There are a -lot- of surprise, but they don't seem completely on the left field compared to say, ep5 and 6.

Episode 7 is definitely the "most" unique, and amusingly, blasting the other episodes in term of execution (it is really "cold" straight to a truth, and not a happy go lucky one). The contrast is quite noticeable, as Episode 6 was a meta festival, while Episode 7 was basically the gameboard and the theatre.
Old 2010-08-15, 07:23   Link #16370
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Actually, Ryukishi was vastly more consistent in this episode, considering how it went smoothly like a clockwork.
There are a -lot- of surprise, but they don't seem completely on the left field compared to say, ep5 and 6.

Episode 7 is definitely the "most" unique, and amusingly, blasting the other episodes in term of execution (it is really "cold" straight to a truth, and not a happy go lucky one). The contrast is quite noticeable, as Episode 6 was a meta festival, while Episode 7 was basically the gameboard and the theatre.
Well with Bern being GM and all you'd expect a smooth mixture of truth and bullshit served ice cold.

So I can at least assume that there aren't excessive transitions between real world, metaworld, metametalworld and whatnot? The thing I hated with 6 was the number of transitions that really broke up the pace of the storytelling and muddled up a lot of the key points, especially for the logic error.

Language wise is it as as technical as the previous 2 episodes or is it a lot easier on the brain?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 07:28   Link #16371
Escargotage
I want to believe.

Could I ask someone who's managed to read through the episode a question, please.

Spoiler for EP7 Tea Party:
Old 2010-08-15, 07:28   Link #16372
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

In fact, there is a plot twist, though there is no evidence it is the hard truth:

When we got the climax, Lion begs Bernkastel to stop that mess, but she flately says she is -not- the gamemaster. During this scene, she was poking fun at Lion, wondering if s/he figured out who is the real gamemaster, as if it was plain obvious.
Old 2010-08-15, 07:34   Link #16373
Used Can

It certainly is different since you have Will going around and questioning people, like a real detective.

I've got to admit, it's been a bit boring on certain aspects. I'm currently on Jessica's interrogation.

You do get far too many facts in your face in this episode. I'm sure I'm not even half-way through, and the ideas I had formulated from past games have been accepted and denied constantly in this game.

It was rather obvious there was something going on with Lyon, other than she had never been in the game before, when neither Kanon or Shannon referred to her by a title. Will caught up rather quickly on it.
Old 2010-08-15, 07:38   Link #16374
zRyuu

I always thought it was a pretty solid theory. The church choice was obvious. Based on Kinzo's background the church was obviously important. There, you get quadrillion and if you know Qilian (Taiwan was a bit hinted in EP5), next is just a word play. And I wasnt expecting a solution that told me what exactly i gotta do with the device or with the letters. We were told we'd need to be in Rokkenjima to know the whole solution anyways.
zRyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 07:50   Link #16375
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
In fact, there is a plot twist, though there is no evidence it is the hard truth:

When we got the climax, Lion begs Bernkastel to stop that mess, but she flately says she is -not- the gamemaster. During this scene, she was poking fun at Lion, wondering if s/he figured out who is the real gamemaster, as if it was plain obvious.
Wow...do we know who the gamemaster is?
-really lame understanding of this due to no japanese skills-
Old 2010-08-15, 07:56   Link #16376
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

If you put it like that... Bern might be trying to say that Lion, (or however you want to name this person) is the Game Master. It might be believable if he was the person Natsuhi talked to on the phone in EP 5 but since I don't own EP 7,(let alone read it), it's up to those who can understand it to draw out the answer.
goldenlove27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 07:59   Link #16377
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That's what Will thought, after he barged at Lion's rescue (oh boy, Will is definitely badass. All the comments about him from 2ch aren't groundless).
However, it is definitely not Lion.

Problem on my side is that I was particularly tired (4AM) and I was a tad too pumped and shocked by Bern's merciless mess. So I can't exactly tell who was the GM or if it was just Bern lying (which is unlikely, considering her character so far). That being said, I'm 100% certain Bern declared she is not the GM.

Probably going to re-read episode 7 at my leisure, because there is so many food for thought that your brain literally explodes.
Old 2010-08-15, 08:02   Link #16378
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Well, I should say the submarine design is definitely twenty years out of date. In 1943 Italy has no submarines that look like this.

EDIT: Also, it belongs to RSI, which actually got no large submarines at all in the divide, but also, the accident appears to cause the battery to generate chlorine. Which would mean that the battery is HCl based, and as far as I'm aware those don't exist.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)

Last edited by Oliver; 2010-08-15 at 08:36.
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 08:36   Link #16379
Krystalwitch
07th Expansion&Touhou Fan

Spoiler for Epitaph Related:
Krystalwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 09:10   Link #16380
ArcticHelm

Spoiler for Ep7 Character musings/theory:

The ideas are probably mutually exclusive, but either way I thought it might be a possibility for making sense of some things in regards to the mysterious person.

Last edited by ArcticHelm; 2010-08-15 at 10:03.
ArcticHelm is offline   Reply With Quote