AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-11-24, 22:26   Link #5261
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku View Post
Hm. I don't mean this as a "rushing" sort of thing, I'm just curious. Is the 50% patch still going to happen or was it decided it best to just work only towards getting the full patch out?

I'm fine with either option, I was just wondering as it changes what I play next.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 22:38   Link #5262
lesengirz
Detective

I feel really depressed right now, not like anyone cares, but i can just pray for umineko to be finished so perhaps i can forget my problems and my own existence for a short period of time
lesengirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 22:53   Link #5263
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Thank you for the fast progress, Witch-Hunt! ^^
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 23:30   Link #5264
AlexiaCarcera

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesengirz View Post
I feel really depressed right now, not like anyone cares, but i can just pray for umineko to be finished so perhaps i can forget my problems and my own existence for a short period of time
I hear that, once all of umi is translated, I can die without regrets haha.

Unless of course Ryukishi07 makes another When They Cry series.
AlexiaCarcera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 00:54   Link #5265
Darkpierrot
The Clown from the abyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesengirz View Post
Dont worry althought the novels are over probably Alchemist will release new Umineko arcs
also
We have yet to seen the adaptation of the Umineko chiru anime...
Im a weird one but i still have hopes that Deen finds a way to fix its flaws
Darkpierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 01:27   Link #5266
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
I doubt that Alchemist will release new arcs; they're just adapting stuff so far.
Old 2010-11-25, 01:54   Link #5267
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I doubt that Alchemist will release new arcs; they're just adapting stuff so far.
I agree. Umineko isn't like Higurashi in the sense that it has little to no room for additional arcs. The only option would be obviously non-canon goofy stuff.

But...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexiaCarcera View Post

This hit me where it hurts. For most of my life, "wanting to finish something" or "wanting to see/play/read that" are my most prominent if not only reason for living. I say that in the most not angsty or "emo" way possible, as I'm generally not the "woe is me" type. It's just the way my life turned out. So seeing it said, for joke or not, is unsettling for me.
Old 2010-11-25, 04:15   Link #5268
zorahk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexiaCarcera View Post

Considering the large success he has had with the When They Cry series, I am sure he will make another one. For a doujin novel to get this much attention is pretty rare. He has had TV series, manga, console video game adaptations, live action movies, drama cds, and many other products made off of these franchises. I'd say he's doing pretty well with this stuff.

I'd like to see something new from him after the end of umineko, and I'm sure he'll think up something fitting for "when they cry"
zorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 05:46   Link #5269
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

There will be definitely another series. Ryuukishi himself works on many different projects but 07Expansions only works on the "when they cry" franchise.
They can't possibly do anything else and there's no way they'll disband after reaching such a success.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 07:58   Link #5270
legomaple

1st of all: around 80% for translating good job WH

2nd of all: zepar and furfur might be less of a trap than you think. in To aru majutsu no index anime episode 17 Kaori Kanzaki says this: in this world, there is an entity belonging to neither gender that is depicted as both male and female in myth. I'm did some research on this(namely checkinh wiki ) but in the anime this is said as: angel. On wiki it sais this: Many Christians regard angels as asexual and not belonging to either gender as they interpret Matthew 22:30 in this way. If asexual is another gender, than zepar or furfur may be an angel.
legomaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 09:19   Link #5271
Escargotage
I want to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSelfDestruct View Post
Hm. I don't mean this as a "rushing" sort of thing, I'm just curious. Is the 50% patch still going to happen or was it decided it best to just work only towards getting the full patch out?

I'm fine with either option, I was just wondering as it changes what I play next.
Klashikari said on twitter that while they can't state anything in red, their intent is to release the 50% patch by December. c:
Old 2010-11-25, 12:58   Link #5272
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
2nd of all: zepar and furfur might be less of a trap than you think. in To aru majutsu no index anime episode 17 Kaori Kanzaki says this: in this world, there is an entity belonging to neither gender that is depicted as both male and female in myth. I'm did some research on this(namely checkinh wiki ) but in the anime this is said as: angel. On wiki it sais this: Many Christians regard angels as asexual and not belonging to either gender as they interpret Matthew 22:30 in this way. If asexual is another gender, than zepar or furfur may be an angel.
Impossible. The reason we know they're traps is because they're said to be opposite genders of each other. You can't be genderless or hermaphroditic and still have opposite genders.
Old 2010-11-25, 13:06   Link #5273
Yopee
Zurajanai! Katsura da!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
opposite genders
Different genders, not opposite. Asexual and hermaphro could be argued to each be a gender of its own maybe. Maybe. lol
Yopee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 13:22   Link #5274
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Traps are popular right now and awesome. They are of different genders. One is male. One is female. Haha
Old 2010-11-25, 14:01   Link #5275
KazePT
Witch Hunter

Thank you for your hard work Witch Hunt!
You guys are fast and furious xD!
Old 2010-11-25, 23:30   Link #5276
alxya

I don't know where else to ask...but it seems the Chinese translation patch link is broken and I've searched and searched but I cannot find the patch anywhere else. Does anyone know where I can it? Thanks
alxya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 00:39   Link #5277
chronotrig

Download version update.

We've just heard from Hobibox that the download version of EP4 has been opened for the UK, Australia, and Spain. You can find the download page and the patch here. When the EP7 download goes live, that will also be available from these countries. If you have any trouble accessing the page or downloading the game, please let us know as soon as possible. (If anyone here is from those countries, it'd be helpful to know if you can at least see the download page.)

As a reminder, the current hold on adding more countries is server issues, so the countries will be added a few at a time. We expect to see several other countries added over the next few weeks. If we get enough requests from a certain country, that'll be added to the list.

Oh, and the EP7 rough translation just passed 90. Editing is still nebulous, but somewhere around 50%.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page

Last edited by chronotrig; 2010-11-26 at 00:53.
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 00:56   Link #5278
Marion
The Great Dine

Wow, at the rate you're going you might finish before the Winter Comiket arrives. Definitely awesome!
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 01:06   Link #5279
AlexiaCarcera

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Download version update.

We've just heard from Hobibox that the download version of EP4 has been opened for the UK, Australia, and Spain. You can find the download page and the patch here. When the EP7 download goes live, that will also be available from these countries. If you have any trouble accessing the page or downloading the game, please let us know as soon as possible. (If anyone here is from those countries, it'd be helpful to know if you can at least see the download page.)

As a reminder, the current hold on adding more countries is server issues, so the countries will be added a few at a time. We expect to see several other countries added over the next few weeks. If we get enough requests from a certain country, that'll be added to the list.

Oh, and the EP7 rough translation just passed 90. Editing is still nebulous, but somewhere around 50%.
So... The time has come for me to abuse my F5 button, very well, I shall accept this challenge.

(Starting tomorrow of course)
(<3 Witch Hunt so much)
AlexiaCarcera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 01:18   Link #5280
zorahk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Download version update.

judging by how fast you're going I'd say a full patch in december is going to make it in time for comiket! nice work.
zorahk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation