AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-12-23, 22:47   Link #221
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

i was baptised 4 years ago but sad to say i never have any faith in God....i can never understand how people have so much faith in God and pray to Him.I dont know why but i just can't bring myself to have faith and believe in Him.I am always wondering,what did God do for them to have so much faith?My parents blame my lack of faith in God on animes,saying animes are bad influences
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 23:17   Link #222
Defron
Soy Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustInn14 View Post
uhhhh, my parents hate Religion. Can't say! lolz! :/ ick.
I wish mine did, though, they are just starting to accept the fact I am not even a fraction as religious as they are.
Defron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 00:19   Link #223
Rory Silverstien
Maid Horder

Send a message via MSN to Rory Silverstien Send a message via Yahoo to Rory Silverstien
Let's see, raised Catholic but I've spent a lot of time studying the Enlightenment of the 1700s and decided that I agree with the philosophy of deism.
Rory Silverstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 09:02   Link #224
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
i was baptised 4 years ago but sad to say i never have any faith in God....i can never understand how people have so much faith in God and pray to Him.I dont know why but i just can't bring myself to have faith and believe in Him.I am always wondering,what did God do for them to have so much faith?My parents blame my lack of faith in God on animes,saying animes are bad influences
mm, the parents blaming (insert item here) for lack of faith (or anything else) is a normal thing for parents. on regarding people's faith, my answer is that the world is a large place, and a lot of bad stuff happens, many for reasons that don't fit in the confines of morals, common sense, and logic. a lot of people need to believe in something, like a god. it's something like a way to accept the world for what it is, or if i want to be more harsh in words, a crutch.

i've posted before that i'm catholic. still catholic for life, albeit one that's a complete
bastard. in the end, i believe god would look out for me, sins and all.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 09:43   Link #225
JustInn14
moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defron View Post
I wish mine did, though, they are just starting to accept the fact I am not even a fraction as religious as they are.
Hmm, well, IMO, parents that hate religion have turned out to be twice as worse as the other option. lolz. I wouldn't say that Anime is a "Bad Influence", but at least 60% of the crap that THOSE people want you to watch, is no doubt Horrible!
JustInn14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 09:50   Link #226
blitz1988

Quote:
Hmm, well, IMO, parents that hate religion have turned out to be twice as worse as the other option.
Care to elaborate?
blitz1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 12:55   Link #227
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Hmm, well, IMO, parents that hate religion have turned out to be twice as worse as the other option. lolz. I wouldn't say that Anime is a "Bad Influence", but at least 60% of the crap that THOSE people want you to watch, is no doubt Horrible!
What? That made no sense. Try again more clearly.
Old 2007-12-24, 13:01   Link #228
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
What? That made no sense. Try again more clearly.
I think he meant, that... atheist parents despise anime? And that atheist parents would rather you watch something else? And that that 'something else' is horrible? =o!

That is as far as I gather (?)~ =o
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 19:08   Link #229
JustInn14
moo

Exclamation ..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
I think he meant, that... atheist parents despise anime? And that atheist parents would rather you watch something else? And that that 'something else' is horrible? =o!

That is as far as I gather (?)~ =o
Exactly! I have "Personal Experience", be-cause, My parents ARE ATEIST, and hate anime that's NOT NAruto, or Pokemon. Ick! Merry Christmas, or what-ever you celebrete. :/
Old 2007-12-24, 22:19   Link #230
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
^that makes absolutely no sense at all. being atheist won't mean that someone would hate a certain anime just because they don't believe in god/s.
Old 2007-12-24, 23:06   Link #231
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Exactly my point -- there's no connection between being anime-illiterate and atheist. That's why it made no sense.

However.... Happy Yuletide and Wassail!!
Old 2007-12-25, 01:24   Link #232
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
I'm Atheist. Not sure what else there is to say about it.

I hope I don't despise anime when I have kids.
Old 2007-12-25, 01:25   Link #233
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
Exactly! I have "Personal Experience", be-cause, My parents ARE ATEIST, and hate anime that's NOT NAruto, or Pokemon. Ick! Merry Christmas, or what-ever you celebrete. :/
So sorry, I am an atheist and I love anime that's NOT Narutard or Pokemon.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 06:25   Link #234
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Atheists aren't all party poopers. Even if they believe that they don't have imaginary friends, it doesn't mean that they all mind others for having'em.
I can't say what I believe in actually... I suppose I am some sort of a deist, monotheist, but in the sense that I think that a being relatively speaking is 'godly' exists... whether if the said being held the belief of infallibility is another story.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 04:15   Link #235
Twilight Storm
Zenryou no Kouken

Send a message via MSN to Twilight Storm Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight Storm
Buddhist/Shinto - Scion of Light
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 10:18   Link #236
JustInn14
moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingle View Post
So sorry, I am an atheist and I love anime that's NOT Narutard or Pokemon.
Sorry. It's OK to be an Atheist, It's just NOT OK, to brand all anime as "Pokemon/Naruto" stuff.

I don't have an official "Religion" that I practice, worship, or what-ever!
Old 2007-12-26, 11:41   Link #237
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

mm, one thing that's good in having a religion; it has more meaning when you do blasphemy when cursing. (bad joke XD)
Old 2007-12-26, 15:51   Link #238
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That's the problem with cursing... its just that some phrases just roll off the lips very easily even if you're invoking imaginary friends. "Cthulhu" is just hard to say in a heated moment. "May Thor Smite You" is elegant but a bit slow. Best to just stick with the quick godless anglo-saxon terms or their foreign equivalents, unless you're into the magnificent Shakespearian cursing.
Old 2007-12-27, 14:59   Link #239
solomon

Range of views here, Im agnostic. I respect all most established religions, particularly if they have moral codes (both christianity and islam have good values to follow wiether secular or not) Was baptized under the african methodist church (my father's side's religion) but my immediate family is areligious, despite being very knowledgable about it.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 15:36   Link #240
Blood

Last edited by Blood; 2016-11-21 at 14:42.
Blood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
not a debate, philosophy, religion