AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-06, 06:16   Link #61
asthalanthil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
For me,Shizuru is a player.She likes to play with other people's head.She know very well the effects she has on arika and the other students.
Why did she had a smile when she was holding Akira?My idea is that she was in control of the situation.And there's nothing except perhaps Natsuki that she likes more than being in control.Every time the situation is complicated and out of her control she gets serious(=nina slap etc).
For the rest,she smile.Sometime it's just a I-am-so-cool smile,when the situation is intresting she makes real one.

Uh... I'm sorry but I think you might be making her sound more sinister than she actually is.

I mean, I think that Shizuru (V and S.F) as well has a mischievous streak in her a mile wild so she just enjoys teasing people.

Sure, there's a very thin line between manipulating people's thoughts and emotions and teasing them just to get a rise out of them...

But I think her intentions are more out of mischief than cruel manipulation.

And as for the I-am-so-cool smile... More more! I swear my heart jumps each time she does that... *ahem!* Excuse me

And as for the 'fake' smile... I can't really remember an occasion when she gives a 'fake' smile... But I guess it's fitting with the persona Sunrise gives her...

The elegant, calm fighter who doesn't bluster but instead smiles calmly.

So yup, I think she ain't as sinister as you make her out to be, but I guess one *could* interpret her as sinister if one chooses to. I can imagine, that if you took out all the bits where she's shown as being kind or concerned, she'd start looking damn sinister indeed.
Old 2006-01-06, 06:17   Link #62
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ
If their relationship goes beyond "beautiful friendship", many fans will be disappointed. Fans like tease, not outright queers.
This very much sounds like someone who hasn't really thought about what they're saying and makes random generalities due to their own personal preferences (which is sounding mighty homophobic to me). So...people are not fond of Sato Sei from Marimite? Because I can tell you, she was outright queer. Her relationship with Shiori was a definite and I know for a fact that Sei was a fan favourite.

So before you manage to insult a fair number of gay AND straight fans with logic so poor you could push a ship through, bring facts. Lots of them.....preferably with a strong argument/case, Yoda and Ben Kenobi and a cast of Blood Wine to wash those pesky facts with.

Quote:
Her flirting with girls is due to fan service. Some fans like to compare her with Marimite's Sei, so Shizuru(Otome version) inevitablely picks up Sei's traits. It's a bummer nevertheless.
That's one aspect but since you don't speak for all or even a majority of the fans, we'll just say that your particular opinion.

Last edited by Kieli; 2006-01-06 at 06:27.
Old 2006-01-06, 07:00   Link #63
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Eh, this can get nasty in a hurry...

I'll try to get back on the main topic point right now. ^^ I feel as though Natsuki's just 'used' to Shizuru being touchy-touchy with her - she was Shizuru's helper Coral underclassmen. I can imagine what Natsuki went through as a mere Coral as opposed to what she goes through now that she's older. She has a very high tolerance level for Shizru's 'antics' if they can be called that - Shizuru-'oneesama' trained her well.

I don't think that Natsuki LOVES Shizuru in a romantic way. Their relationship is something I can't really define other than it's a really strong friendship with its own quirks that make it one-of-a-kind. I hope I don't embarrass myself with that lame description.
Old 2006-01-06, 07:43   Link #64
JayF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Eh, this can get nasty in a hurry...

I'll try to get back on the main topic point right now. ^^ I feel as though Natsuki's just 'used' to Shizuru being touchy-touchy with her - she was Shizuru's helper Coral underclassmen. I can imagine what Natsuki went through as a mere Coral as opposed to what she goes through now that she's older. She has a very high tolerance level for Shizru's 'antics' if they can be called that - Shizuru-'oneesama' trained her well.

I don't think that Natsuki LOVES Shizuru in a romantic way. Their relationship is something I can't really define other than it's a really strong friendship with its own quirks that make it one-of-a-kind. I hope I don't embarrass myself with that lame description.

You make them sound like screw-buddies.

Not that it's a very bad thing for in my opinion.
Old 2006-01-06, 22:17   Link #65
greywing

Essay on Fujino Shizuru [Mai HiME]

This is my first post on Animesuki, but inspired by the recent character reviews and having intended to write one for some time, I finally sat down and collected my thoughts about the character of Fujino Shizuru. She is one of my favorite characters from Mai HiME and I wanted to know why. I haven't quite found the answer, but I did do a lot of thinking.

The essay can be found here on my LJ. All comments and discussion are welcome. Thank you.

Last edited by greywing; 2006-01-06 at 22:33.
Old 2006-01-06, 22:39   Link #66
MattAlchemy

Send a message via AIM to MattAlchemy Send a message via MSN to MattAlchemy
Well you can't tell your teacher that Shizuru loves yuri.

Tell ehr she's got light brown hair, red eyes, and her voice is evil. She also drinks too much tea, while doing that sometimes, she cares less about things.
Old 2006-01-06, 22:55   Link #67
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli
This very much sounds like someone who hasn't really thought about what they're saying and makes random generalities due to their own personal preferences (which is sounding mighty homophobic to me).
I'm not going to play along with your flame war. I'm not going to sink as low as you. Be homophobic, heterophobic, mechaphobic, moephobic, etc. I don't give a damn to your childish labeling.

Quote:
So...people are not fond of Sato Sei from Marimite? Because I can tell you, she was outright queer. Her relationship with Shiori was a definite and I know for a fact that Sei was a fan favourite.
So, you states being a marimite fans automatically register you as Mai-HiHE fans. I don't have to argue about that domed relationship. You basically speak against yourself. Your statement: "This very much sounds like someone who hasn't really thought about what they're saying and makes random generalities due to their own personal preferences (which is sounding mighty homophobic to me). "

[QUOTE=Kieli]
So before you manage to insult a fair number of gay AND straight fans with logic so poor you could push a ship through, bring facts. Lots of them.....preferably with a strong argument/case, Yoda and Ben Kenobi and a cast of Blood Wine to wash those pesky facts with.
[/QUTOE]
You are Haruka wannabe, but it's not Fuka Academy. You are welcome to write thesis and essay for your own pleasure.

Quote:
That's one aspect but since you don't speak for all or even a majority of the fans, we'll just say that your particular opinion.
You are quite frank to use "we". Fair engouh. You always speak against yourself.
"This very much sounds like someone who hasn't really thought about what they're saying and makes random generalities due to their own personal preferences (which is sounding mighty homophobic to me). "

If you want to start flame war, there are other bbs better than this one. I won't join you.
Old 2006-01-06, 23:00   Link #68
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

It's apparent that you seem to be having posting issues. That and your maturity level is not as high as you claim.
Quote:
If you want to start flame war, there are other bbs better than this one. I won't join you.
*shrug* If speaking the truth about your comments is flaming, then you need to relinquish your internet connection. You're not quite ready for the rest of the world.
Old 2006-01-06, 23:15   Link #69
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
It's apparent that you seem to be having posting issues. That and your maturity level is not as high as you claim.

*shrug* If speaking the truth about your comments is flaming, then you need to relinquish your internet connection. You're not quite ready for the rest of the world.
Now, you are spamming.

Let's shift back to topic. Is Natsuki the only one who Shizuru actully showed her true feeling(not always romantic)? Arika can be the next one.
Old 2006-01-06, 23:34   Link #70
coefficientX
mayo is yummy~(‘∇’)

Quote:
Now, you are spamming.

Let's shift back to topic. Is Natsuki the only one who Shizuru actully showed her true feeling(not always romantic)? Arika can be the next one.

What?!?!
Gawd, hugging & kissing a confused cute little girl doesn't mean Shizuru loves Arika in a romantic way. Please realise that girls are alot more physical (i.e. touchy) than guys are. I like to hug and kiss my 12yr-old cousin alot but that doesn't mean i like him romantically! Moresoever, Arika is a girl. There is absolutely nothing wrong with kissing and hugging a cute little girl. Just because Shizuru likes Natsuki, doesn't mean that she likes EVERY GIRL!

Btw the interaction between Shizuru & Arika in ep.13 that causes a hug and kiss from Shizuru is like this:
Arika asked Shizuru whether the latter has ever fallen in love. Seeing that Arika seems moody & confused, Shizuru merely gave her a hug and kiss and told her that she did fell for someone (Natsuki i think ) . To me, this hug & kiss is just a manner of comfort given by an elder. So stop thinking that whatever Shizuru does, she is either molesting someone or attracted to someone.

I should really stop reading this thread because many posts here makes me really mad.
Old 2006-01-06, 23:36   Link #71
Kourin

Quote:
Now, you are spamming.
You made a personal attack on someone and a generalization that wasn't necessarily true. Sure, Kieli wasn't being completely mild with her words but your response was also contributing and adding to the disagreement. So you are partially responsible as well. This statement you just made was yet another unecessary move to have the 'last shot'. If you were truly sincere in getting back on topic, it'd been better to have simply stated your discussion question and not leave such an opening for further spam/flame.

Quote:
I can see Shizuru acting friendly towards Arika for the young girl's innocence and complete honesty... and also how noble she is (trying to save everyone) Something Shizuru probably most values in Natsuki and the people she deal with.

However, unless Arika matures a lot, I can't see her sharing a lot with Arika, especially when it's serious issues. She likes Arika but showing her true feelings is tough. I mean, she doesn't even really do that in front of Natsuki, much less a little kid that she's simply fond of. (seeing as how Shizuru deals with certain things on her own, i.e. Akira-incident and going off to fight Raido)
Old 2006-01-06, 23:39   Link #72
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Now, you are spamming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coefficientX
What?!?!
Gawd, hugging & kissing a confused cute little girl doesn't mean Shizuru loves Arika in a romantic way
I don't think that's what they meant Hence the bolded bit. I think Kourin's post has the right idea.
Old 2006-01-06, 23:40   Link #73
bluegarden

on a sidenote

Shizuru's last name viola, in my country means (in a very colloquial way) rape.
the verb form like she has been raped.
Old 2006-01-06, 23:42   Link #74
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegarden
on a sidenote

Shizuru's last name viola, in my country means (in a very colloquial way) rape.
the verb form like she has been raped.
What country is this?!
Old 2006-01-06, 23:43   Link #75
coefficientX
mayo is yummy~(‘∇’)

Quote:
Now, you are spamming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
I don't think that's what they meant Hence the bolded bit. I think Kourin's post has the right idea.
Oops my apologies.
The previous posts clouded my eyes.
Old 2006-01-06, 23:49   Link #76
bluegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
What country is this?!

lol, carribbean country, The dominican republic
Old 2006-01-06, 23:50   Link #77
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
If their relationship goes beyond "beautiful friendship", many fans will be disappointed. Fans like tease, not outright queers.

Have you read any posts by anyone in this entire forum at all?

*deep breath*

I want you to go around to different threads. Pick them at random, any threads will do. Read the posts made there. Then I want you to come back, and reread the comments you made. Then, I want you to hang your head in shame.
Old 2006-01-07, 00:30   Link #78
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Locking. I'm going to clean this thread out a bit. I'll restart it in a few days. I thought a Shizuru thread would attract a certain amount of consternation. I still like this thread and think there are salvageable parts.

I also like ham on rye and Charles Bukowski.
Closed Thread