AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 44 24.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 64 34.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 43 23.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 10.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 3.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.19%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-13, 01:21   Link #281
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Nina's way of acting in front of sergay ... for some reason 'post-traumatic stress syndrom' starts flashing on a neon sign for me ...
Old 2006-02-13, 01:42   Link #282
Asianknight82
Banned

Yeah, nina is definately the "Shiho" of MO
Old 2006-02-13, 01:45   Link #283
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Does that mean Sergei will die?
Old 2006-02-13, 01:48   Link #284
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
Right after Mia catches him with Nina snuggle next to him.
Old 2006-02-13, 01:50   Link #285
PwrSerge
It's good to be evil...

Oh come on! The man survived a nuclear explosion!

SERGE
Old 2006-02-13, 02:02   Link #286
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

He's been a marked man (by the fans and plotwise) since Arika had a crush on him. His time will come, I can see it now. "Damn it, it's still scary... to die."

That doesn't mean I'm looking forward to the event; Sergay is one of my favourite characters.
Old 2006-02-13, 03:14   Link #287
Hyosuke575

Quote:
Originally Posted by PwrSerge
Oh come on! The man survived a nuclear explosion!

SERGE
Which brings up a good point, exactly how did everyone survive that explosion!
Old 2006-02-13, 03:21   Link #288
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyosuke575
Which brings up a good point, exactly how did everyone survive that explosion!
The same reason Mai survived going into space to destroy Artemis in MH. That is to say, we don't know and we never will.
Old 2006-02-13, 05:43   Link #289
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

After watching the fansub Im left wondering how it is that Arika can just return to her old life after finding out shes the princess. There's a ton of stupidity going on.
Old 2006-02-13, 06:09   Link #290
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
He's been a marked man (by the fans and plotwise) since Arika had a crush on him. His time will come, I can see it now. "Damn it, it's still scary... to die."

That doesn't mean I'm looking forward to the event; Sergay is one of my favourite characters.
As much as I want Mai back, I hope that Sergei dosen't die in front of her. I don't exactly relish the idea of Mai going Kagu-ballistic like she did when Takumi died...she didn't have power, only Kagutsuchi did. Now that she has comparable power...scary.
Old 2006-02-13, 06:24   Link #291
phaerax

i almost cried over Aoi's death together with Mashiro... (you could say thats embarassing for a 22 yr old guy ) i found the whole scene so moving, with Mashiro trying to fight back her own fear and all that. Aoi's words were clearly directed at her, something like "i will never let any harm come to you. if my death aids you even a little bit so be it". omg i feel funny even when writing this post... it was one of the best deaths in anime... the impact it had is phenomenal if you take into account that Aoi is essentially a background character...
Old 2006-02-13, 06:48   Link #292
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku
After watching the fansub Im left wondering how it is that Arika can just return to her old life after finding out shes the princess. There's a ton of stupidity going on.
It has been said before, that either:
1) The explosion caused her to lose a part of her memory.
2) She doesn't want to think about that event.
3) She did think about it, but its been 3 days, surely she'd angst finish about it already?
Old 2006-02-13, 07:25   Link #293
Theundyingmage

Or maybe Arika is so dense she already forgotten about the explosion
Old 2006-02-13, 07:31   Link #294
bigdaddy843

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaerax
i almost cried over Aoi's death together with Mashiro... (you could say thats embarassing for a 22 yr old guy ) i found the whole scene so moving, with Mashiro trying to fight back her own fear and all that. Aoi's words were clearly directed at her, something like "i will never let any harm come to you. if my death aids you even a little bit so be it". omg i feel funny even when writing this post... it was one of the best deaths in anime... the impact it had is phenomenal if you take into account that Aoi is essentially a background character...
I agree with you totally. It was so touching i almsot cried. A good way to die. But I must say that I am saddened by Aoi's death. She was a background character I never took notice of and now she's dead, I think I'll miss her. Somehow, I hardly see deaths in any tv series or anime that touched me like this.

I was expecting for someone to save them from out of the blue. But unexpectantly, and shockingly, the rescue never came. Though it is debatable, I find this death making Mai-Otome more saddening than Mai Hime.
Old 2006-02-13, 09:40   Link #295
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
I think that Sergey will die trying to stop Nina and Arika from fighting, probably from being shot by Nagi's troops or Schwartz agents. He will die in their arms while telling them what he has learned. That is what will cause them to come together at the end.
Old 2006-02-13, 10:39   Link #296
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox
The same reason Mai survived going into space to destroy Artemis in MH. That is to say, we don't know and we never will.
I'm not so sure how those two are the same situations

Mai and the dragon weren't destroyed by Artemis when they headed into space, they destroyed it and there's zero evidence into why that would destroy them.

If the Dragon can head into space then it should be able to return to Earth likewise.

Quote:
I think that Sergey will die trying to stop Nina and Arika from fighting, probably from being shot by Nagi's troops or Schwartz agents. He will die in their arms while telling them what he has learned. That is what will cause them to come together at the end.
Makes you wonder if Nina will get replaced by Tomoe later on.
Old 2006-02-13, 10:59   Link #297
asthalanthil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Makes you wonder if Nina will get replaced by Tomoe later on.
You know what??? We see Tomoe standing there looking as eh-vul as Lloth of the Dark Elves...

But will she really be evil in the end or is that a red herring thrown by Sunrise? I don't exactly rule out that she will be an official Garderobe otome, actually, on the side of the good guys, although reluctantly.

P'raps Shizuru Onee-sama will save her

Ooops... back to Ep. 18 before this goes - Needs more Shizuru! (But then I say that every episode)
Old 2006-02-13, 11:01   Link #298
vodkakiss

Send a message via MSN to vodkakiss
^ I totally second that T___T Shizuru Onee-sama... <3

Oh gosh i'm turning into Tomeo... *cough*
Old 2006-02-13, 12:11   Link #299
MattAlchemy

Send a message via AIM to MattAlchemy Send a message via MSN to MattAlchemy
Tomoe wasn't bad in Episode17.

Anyways back to Episode 18. Natsuki's yell when she saw the snake reminded me of her in MH. Nao's face when she didn't know, truly funny!

No maki maki in this episode, but I feel as if Aoi was like a mother to Mashiro. She risked her life for Mashiro.

I felt sory for Aoi, the song made me almost cry. I felt sorry for Mashiro, she might be poor and find her way back for the rest of the series, looking for Arika to help. At the end, probably Mashiro meets Arika and they work together to beat Swarchz. And Aswad joins Guarderobe.

Mashiro probably handles that the fact of not being the real princess is not all bad, she would probably remember the time in episode 18 and make Arika the princess instead! She will go"They're gonna get mad at me... Oh well, Aoi! Make Arika the princess now!"
Old 2006-02-13, 12:44   Link #300
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

I slit those refugees throats while they slept if I was Mashirio...but that might just be me.
Closed Thread