Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-10, 22:37   Link #10321
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Huh, that's interesting. I actually like a sister who is actually not a bro-con, just a normal sister. I guess she's not for everybody.

But let's face it - the best girls in this series are all outside of the main harem: Godou's two Campione "sisters", the goddesses, Mariya's little sister.
Um.

She is a bro-con. So much so that Erica and the others get out of her way whenever Godou neglects her too long.
Old 2014-08-10, 22:56   Link #10322
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Huh, that's interesting. I actually like a sister who is actually not a bro-con, just a normal sister. I guess she's not for everybody.

But let's face it - the best girls in this series are all outside of the main harem: Godou's two Campione "sisters", the goddesses, Mariya's little sister.
The problem is, aside from Hikari, I can't picture those you mentioned to be ok as member in a harem.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 22:58   Link #10323
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
I miss the old Athena

Do wonder if Godou will crossdress in the future ~faint~
Old 2014-08-10, 23:09   Link #10324
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
The problem is, aside from Hikari, I can't picture those you mentioned to be ok as member in a harem.
No kidding...

Luo Hao: Roll over onto her side of the bed while sleeping, snaps your neck in her sleep.

Madame Aisha: Take a walk on the beach, end up in the Paleolithic Age.

And the Godesses may have liked him, but they still wanted to kill him.

Hikari at the end of the Great Sage Arc was funny, basically says "Hi guys I'm part of the harem now, please take care of me."
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 23:10   Link #10325
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
I miss the old Athena

Do wonder if Godou will crossdress in the future ~faint~
Godou is definitely not the crossdress type. He's way muscular and manly for that.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 23:15   Link #10326
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Um.

She is a bro-con. So much so that Erica and the others get out of her way whenever Godou neglects her too long.
Really? I took it as she just doesn't want her brother to be a playboy, since her grandpa was such an embarrassment. Did she ever have a lovey-dovey scene?
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 23:35   Link #10327
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Godou is definitely not the crossdress type. He's way muscular and manly for that.
I can dream right

On-topic: I wonder what is the item that Circe phropecized ._. I wonder when will that item appear

I hope they bring back the old Athena back
Old 2014-08-10, 23:59   Link #10328
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Really? I took it as she just doesn't want her brother to be a playboy, since her grandpa was such an embarrassment. Did she ever have a lovey-dovey scene?
He offers to spend her birthday with her and she says something like, "F-Fine! If you insist on it so much, I don't mind spending more time with you! Don't misunderstand, it's only because Big Brother would be miserable if I left him alone!"

She also acts more and more jealous as the volumes go on.
Old 2014-08-11, 00:14   Link #10329
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
He offers to spend her birthday with her and she says something like, "F-Fine! If you insist on it so much, I don't mind spending more time with you! Don't misunderstand, it's only because Big Brother would be miserable if I left him alone!"

She also acts more and more jealous as the volumes go on.
Guess it's a matter of perspective. I don't see the jealousy - just exasperation and frustration that her brother is becoming more and more of the playboy her and her grandma didn't want him to be. You may be right, though.

As for the birthday thing, sisters do that all the time. Well, at least my sisters do.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 00:35   Link #10330
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Guess it's a matter of perspective. I don't see the jealousy - just exasperation and frustration that her brother is becoming more and more of the playboy her and her grandma didn't want him to be. You may be right, though.

As for the birthday thing, sisters do that all the time. Well, at least my sisters do.
If your sister actually said that to you, I have some bad news for you..............
Old 2014-08-12, 11:28   Link #10331
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Well, Shizuka and their grandmother are basically keeping Godou in check through psychological trauma and terror. The reason Shizuka is tormenting her brother is that she knows all too well how popular Godou is, and how irresistible he is to women, but wants him to lead a "decent life" (or something like that, but I honestly wouldn't be shocked or suprised much, if she had a few thoughts on incestry).

As for Hikari's appearance in the Sun Wukong arc: kudos, is all I can really say. She's such a fresh addition (to the control freak but strangely submissive Erica, the massively embarrassed but funnily shameless Yuri, the straight-on masochist Lily and the heavy airhead Ena). I kind of like how things are going now, if we consider these five the main members of the "harem" (which has yet to be formed, sadly).

Spoiler for Adult content. Please do not open below 18 of age.:

Let's see, what else ... cross-dressing Godou? Strangely, it might work, who knows? Did work out for Vampire Bund's Akira too, so why not? The problem with that isn't how I can't imagine him cross-dressing, but that I can't imagine a situation why he'd have to.

Also, back in game! Let's hope I don't get myself banned for the honest spoiler.

Let us remember the victims of Domestic Violence.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 13:26   Link #10332
bludvein

Nope, Shizuku is just a standard tsundere bro-con character. No need for interpretation. It's even pointed out several times by other characters.

Quote:
"The quiet, unsociable Onii-sama that you've always been monopolizing since before High School is now being waited upon by girls like this, causing you to want to say that... Well, it's not that I don't understand how you feel."

"E-E-E-E-E-Erica-san, please don't get a strange misunderstanding!"

There was such an impression of Shizuka becoming unusually flustered, after being told that in a know-it-all air ―
Seriously, there is a bunch of quotes like this. How can it be misunderstood?
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 13:40   Link #10333
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Nope, Shizuku is just a standard tsundere bro-con character. No need for interpretation. It's even pointed out several times by other characters.

Because that aspect of her is kept mercifully out of focus as compared to her exasperation over Godou's playboy tendencies.
Old 2014-08-12, 17:09   Link #10334
Spica

^^
And she not 100% bro-con though. More like she still had a lot of attachment to Godou and not wanting to lose to some unknown girls yet. She will probably be OK if Godou go out with yuri at the beginning.

For Godou and the girls from my view,

"Could you wait for the time when I finally have the ability to shoulder all the hardship suffered by you girls?"

In some of the Asian Culture sleeping together only come after the marriage. And from what I can see I think Godou will take responsibility and married those girls if he ever slept with them. But the problem came after this, Godou is still 16 and a student hence those words.

I don't think he trusted himself enough to control himself since he's the type that go overboard once he started. So he will probably kept himself in control until he got enough confident in himself to take responsibility. At least In my view Godou is thinking about the future.

BTW any new info on V17 out yet?
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 19:13   Link #10335
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by dithar View Post
^^
And she not 100% bro-con though. More like she still had a lot of attachment to Godou and not wanting to lose to some unknown girls yet. She will probably be OK if Godou go out with yuri at the beginning.

For Godou and the girls from my view,

"Could you wait for the time when I finally have the ability to shoulder all the hardship suffered by you girls?"

In some of the Asian Culture sleeping together only come after the marriage. And from what I can see I think Godou will take responsibility and married those girls if he ever slept with them. But the problem came after this, Godou is still 16 and a student hence those words.

I don't think he trusted himself enough to control himself since he's the type that go overboard once he started. So he will probably kept himself in control until he got enough confident in himself to take responsibility. At least In my view Godou is thinking about the future.

BTW any new info on V17 out yet?
According zzhk-san in BT volume 17 will be out by september.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 19:29   Link #10336
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
According zzhk-san in BT volume 17 will be out by september.
I don't actually see that anywhere though?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-12, 19:43   Link #10337
Vezon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I don't actually see that anywhere though?
His profile page. Just say " (to be published September 2014)"
Old 2014-08-12, 19:49   Link #10338
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vezon View Post
His profile page. Just say " (to be published September 2014)"
I see. I was checking the forums, that's why I didn't see it.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-13, 06:57   Link #10339
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post

Not misinterpretation, just fantasizing/dabbling in something that's 'not canon'. Though, I'll admit that's why I don't like crossovers (and the reason I didn't quote to the Godou/Touma verbal abuse chain). It's useless to think about which of any two, three -insert number here- protagonists, since Izayoi can punch a star into oblivion, and Mewtwo is the herald of doom anyway. Meh, as far as I'm concerned, I try to ignore stuff about "what would happen if X and Y fought" when they're not from the same universe. No reason to keep wracking my brains at all.

Let us remember the victims of Domestic Violence.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-13, 09:28   Link #10340
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by RpR1337 View Post
Not misinterpretation, just fantasizing/dabbling in something that's 'not canon'. Though, I'll admit that's why I don't like crossovers (and the reason I didn't quote to the Godou/Touma verbal abuse chain). It's useless to think about which of any two, three -insert number here- protagonists, since Izayoi can punch a star into oblivion, and Mewtwo is the herald of doom anyway. Meh, as far as I'm concerned, I try to ignore stuff about "what would happen if X and Y fought" when they're not from the same universe. No reason to keep wracking my brains at all.
Wrong thread ?
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem