AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-03-09, 18:45   Link #61
Verisimilitude

There's always going to be Chinese spoilers for each volume though. Like they give a crap about copyright.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 18:50   Link #62
LKK

^^ The moderator team will decide, based on reported posts and our own reading of the posts. We've been doing it for a while now already. If you feel that a post has been wrongly removed, you are always free to ask for review of the decision.

I will also say that for the most part this forum has already taken this policy. The only thing I would ask is that the quotes be more pared down. At times they run too long and often include sections that aren't relevant to the point being made.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 19:08   Link #63
amtro
Distro

But seriously, this sucks. At least Index had already started on a sequel, so translations can continue for now. Mahouka translations will just die.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 19:26   Link #64
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
So pretty much at this point we have to pray that True alchemist will be nice enough to provide a review for 16 or it's going to be 4 years or so before we find out what the end teaser of 15 actually means.
4 years? I certainly hope so, I'm expecting 6-8. Everytime Yen Press licenses a novel I hope the author ends it, if only so I can expect the entire series in English eventually.
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 19:49   Link #65
larethian

They better have a translator team or they probably didn't know what they are getting themselves into. At least now I don't need to worry about the errors. Anyway good luck to them.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 19:55   Link #66
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
They better have a translator team or they probably didn't know what they are getting themselves into. At least now I don't need to worry about the errors. Anyway good luck to them.
I can imagine complaints from the first chapter alone...

Anyway, all the stuff is deleted atm...with the exception of Volume 14 where the translator can continue on until 5 months before the release...which is May.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 19:56   Link #67
iLikePotatoes

Why do all the novels I like get licensed damn it !

Why couldn't they licence a lame novel like blade dance or the one where they have dragon tattoos !?

Looks like i'll never get to read volume 14 & 15... This will probably be dropped by the time it reaches Vol 5.
iLikePotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 20:02   Link #68
Vezon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell_ping View Post

Anyway, all the stuff is deleted atm...with the exception of Volume 14 where the translator can continue on until 5 months before the release...which is May.
Wow that was fast. I thought you guys usually deleted everything a month before the first vol. is released.
Old 2015-03-09, 20:06   Link #69
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vezon View Post
Wow that was fast. I thought you guys usually deleted everything a month before the first vol. is released.
The actual policy is that is the deletion is to be done 2 months before the official release, latest.

This means that it can be deleted the moment the announcement was made.

(PS: I guess I'm still mad that BB was deleted 2 hours after the project was made...)
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 20:14   Link #70
slavsya

I'm quite shocked about this news, oh well. At least I already know about the events from vol 1 til the latest. Damn I hate it when this happen. I probably bought the english version of the latest chapter several years from now.
slavsya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 20:30   Link #71
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
This is true. This series is a bitch to translate with all of it's technological terms and such.
I wouldn't even be surprised if we only get like 1 volume per year.

and if there are any new translators that are gonna pick this up and host this on another site. well.... i'll have to say good luck to them too.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 20:34   Link #72
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell_ping View Post

Not from the bottom feeders that are the anime only fans. Even if they do get complaints, they won't do a damn thing with them, just as has been the case with their other publications. I've got volumes 1-13 in epub format along with paperback copies of the LN, so at least ¥-Press isn't taking that from me.
Old 2015-03-09, 20:48   Link #73
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLikePotatoes View Post
Looks like i'll never get to read volume 14 & 15... This will probably be dropped by the time it reaches Vol 5.
Whatever you say about Yen, they've never dropped a series midway through. Not even Kieli, a series nobody's ever heard of.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 20:49   Link #74
toujouten
Denizen of Paradox Spiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
There's always going to be Chinese spoilers for each volume though. Like they give a crap about copyright.
English license don't cover them or any other languages translation. So as long as there are no Chinese license, they can keep translating.
toujouten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 21:23   Link #75
amtro
Distro

Yeah, it only took them five years to catch up with it.
Old 2015-03-09, 21:24   Link #76
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Whatever you say about Yen, they've never dropped a series midway through. Not even Kieli, a series nobody's ever heard of.
*Jumps up with raised hand waving* I've heard of Kieli! It's a favorite of mine.

Yeah, I haven't heard of Yen dropping any series either. That's not to say it hasn't happened. I don't follow all of their catalog, so I may have missed something. But it's not an issue I'm concerned about with them.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 21:24   Link #77
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by toujouten View Post
English license don't cover them or any other languages translation. So as long as there are no Chinese license, they can keep translating.
Meh, being multilingual is a wonderful thing.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 21:36   Link #78
amtro
Distro

Can you answer me the following, which I am sure a lot of would like to know?
What about long winded volume summaries, will they get taken down too?
Old 2015-03-09, 21:58   Link #79
Iramohs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProxyAccount View Post
Barring Yen Press deciding to cancel licensing, don't expect Baka-Tsuki to have Mahouka for much longer.
They already removed volume 1-13 from the site.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 22:20   Link #80
fsck

worst mahouka news ever.
fsck is offline   Reply With Quote