AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-07, 06:46   Link #341
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Meh Gainax is spoiling the viewers too much by allowing so much info to be printed on magazines.
Its not just Gainax, this happens all the time with different shows.
Old 2007-07-07, 07:40   Link #342
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Hah. Maybe that's why I stopped buying anime mags 2 years ago. But still, I don't remember seeing articles that preview so much into the future. Usually it's just tidbits here and there or interviews and summaries of current episodes and lots of posters. The gurren article is still too revealing. I'd expect pencil sketches instead of actual pics.

Oh well, maybe the mags now are competing for readers, thus they reveal as much as possible.
Old 2007-07-07, 20:11   Link #343
duckroll
綺羅星★!

It turns out the credits were NOT a typo after all. Episode 16 airs next week and is a recap episode put together by Hiroyuki Yamaga. What was previously episode 16 is now episode 17. This also explains why in all the promotional material for the DS game, the TV series is now referred to as "27 episodes" I guess.
Old 2007-07-08, 19:52   Link #344
bdragonomega

Awww cool, time skip bwahahaha.

Hahaha, I was looking at Yoko's picture and was like "Hmmm why does she look different.... " ... haha then I saw the jacket, that was were the coolness vibe was stemming from, lol.

I wonder if anyone's personality is gonna change...
Old 2007-07-08, 20:15   Link #345
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdragonomega View Post
Awww cool, time skip bwahahaha.

Hahaha, I was looking at Yoko's picture and was like "Hmmm why does she look different.... " ... haha then I saw the jacket, that was were the coolness vibe was stemming from, lol.

I wonder if anyone's personality is gonna change...
Her hair clip is also different, no more skeleton. And her rack is bigger (I'm hoping I didn't see it wrong).

It's pretty obvious Rossiu changed the most. He's gonna be the serious, responsible, by the book type of guy. I think he'll be very much like his village elder in personality.

And he's gonna be so by-the-book that he'll even go against Simon if he thinks Simon is going to destroy humanity by his decisions.

But in the end, Rossiu will mend his ways, cut his ponytail, put on some tattoos and wear a pair of yellow glasses and be Simon's right hand man in episode one.

As for Nia... she's now all woman. Lucky Simon. But I'll be damned if she says something like "Simon... what does propose means?"
Old 2007-07-08, 20:53   Link #346
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Teenager Rossiu looks cool with his pissed off look.
Old 2007-07-08, 23:46   Link #347
bdragonomega

Hmmm hahaha... all in all, yoko didn't change too much xD. Hahaha.... I guess it might just be wishful thinking on the both of us, but I too think her breasts are bigger... then again, the sizes change from time to time plus you always have those fanarts of her with even bigger breasts, so it doesn't matter too much. XD, she got rid of her scarf! NOOOOO! The scarf makes all the difference in the cuteness factor !!

Hahaha, I agree with some of the previous poster though... Rossiu sorta looks like Fei Fong Wong from Xenogears, the video game. I'm still hoping that he busts out with some uber cool martial art skillz, maybe even shoot out a beam of chi energy out of his hands. Hahaha, ironically, in xenogears Fei also piloted a robot but it was almost strictly still hand to hand combat. Heck, Rossiu can still do that!

Gotten off of polykarbon's website.

Thats Fei and his gear(robot) Weltall.

Rossiu is almost there xD.

Hmmm since it looks like all the younger characters are going through more of a change, I want to see how those 2 kids who came from Rossiu's village look like now... Hahaha, maybe they'll pilot a ganmen too!

[edit] Gotta put the artist of the picture... well I don't know the artist, but i know where it came from i think...
Old 2007-07-09, 00:31   Link #348
U<3Anime
Boo!

Awesome, finally get to see time skip Simon. Also nice to see Nia with long hair again Judging by new clothes, i had a feeling Simon would be become the leader of an empire. However, his clothes dont match the one he wears in the begining of the first episode.(It seems more like he goes back to his old style, with the blue shirt and flame logo at the back). I think preview summaries are already a pretty big hint, that a sudden invasion from the new enemies is going to happen and all hell breaks loose. This also gives me bad feeling that Nia is going to........eh i better not jinx it >____<
Old 2007-07-09, 05:14   Link #349
cuzsal
I watch too much Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Awesome, finally get to see time skip Simon. Also nice to see Nia with long hair again Judging by new clothes, i had a feeling Simon would be become the leader of an empire. However, his clothes dont match the one he wears in the begining of the first episode.(It seems more like he goes back to his old style, with the blue shirt and flame logo at the back). I think preview summaries are already a pretty big hint, that a sudden invasion from the new enemies is going to happen and all hell breaks loose. This also gives me bad feeling that Nia is going to........eh i better not jinx it >____<

noooooooooooo dont do anything to nia

lol, dam i watched this ep about 6 times today lol i dont know how they can top it lol, just dont hurt nia all i ask :P
Old 2007-07-09, 05:23   Link #350
Keiran
Slacker extrodinaire

Quote:
she got rid of her scarf! NOOOOO! The scarf makes all the difference in the cuteness factor !!
So very true. I really miss her scarf. That, and her pink stockings!
Old 2007-07-09, 05:54   Link #351
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzsal View Post
noooooooooooo dont do anything to nia

lol, dam i watched this ep about 6 times today lol i dont know how they can top it lol, just dont hurt nia all i ask :P
Well the Simon in episode one seems to be too cocky to be a man whose lover is dead...

Unless whatever happened to Nia made Simon twisted in the mind.

So I'm betting that Nia stays alive and Yoko returns in the final arc after her journey.
Old 2007-07-09, 11:16   Link #352
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Well the Simon in episode one seems to be too cocky to be a man whose lover is dead...

Unless whatever happened to Nia made Simon twisted in the mind.

So I'm betting that Nia stays alive and Yoko returns in the final arc after her journey.
actually i pretty much think Nia is going to die , which is going to make Simon go even crazier .
I mean...you don't see sane people going against the Great dimensional government .
The guy even wants to conquer Space and Time .
I'm quite positive a still-alive Nia wouldn't support that .
On the other hand , in episode one , there is a woman who says " enemy fleet , impossibly large " . She has the same voice has Yoko , so i am willing to bet that she manages to survive .

Also, Nia is just way to important and pure to survive . we all know they better they are , the sooner they die .
Old 2007-07-09, 12:24   Link #353
Zekori

Eh, another person dying to make Simon's growth change or what not seems pretty lame at this point. Pretty sure Gainax (maybe) will try to avoid people going "Gurren Lagaan really ended at episode 15!" like some people do with the Death Note manga. But I wont deny betting that some people like Leeron will be hitting the can though with the whole "Gurren Lagaan! Spin On!" line.

I'm leaning that Rossui's fear of the new antagonists will be a highlight for a few episodes until Simon smacks him into sense while fighting some kind of introduction baddie (like the Ganmen in the first episode)

Also, anyone else pegging the old guy down as the original owner of Lagaan? The Spiral King did mention someone before Simon unless I got that part wrong. Him failing could explain why Lagaan was there, and null all that whole time travel theory. :P
Old 2007-07-09, 14:22   Link #354
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekori View Post
Eh, another person dying to make Simon's growth change or what not seems pretty lame at this point. Pretty sure Gainax (maybe) will try to avoid people going "Gurren Lagaan really ended at episode 15!" like some people do with the Death Note manga. But I wont deny betting that some people like Leeron will be hitting the can though with the whole "Gurren Lagaan! Spin On!" line.

I'm leaning that Rossui's fear of the new antagonists will be a highlight for a few episodes until Simon smacks him into sense while fighting some kind of introduction baddie (like the Ganmen in the first episode)

Also, anyone else pegging the old guy down as the original owner of Lagaan? The Spiral King did mention someone before Simon unless I got that part wrong. Him failing could explain why Lagaan was there, and null all that whole time travel theory. :P
The king could have been referring to himself as the last, being the new guardian under the curse of the spiral power.

As for the Simon in EP1, he doesn't sound like someone of too sound a mind. He sounds like someone eager for revenge/destruction. He is extremely cocky when referring to his enemies and his own power, his tone is also violent and angry. The current rendition of Simon after the gap seems far from that, he seems like a docile puppy than voracious Doberman.
Old 2007-07-09, 18:36   Link #355
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

He sounded just like Kamina. Was Kamina bent on revenge? If you listen to his speech in Japanese, he sounded very cock-sure of himself. Lots of arrogance with a tinge of amusement is what Simon sounded to me. Doesn't sound insane to me.

Unfortunately, we won't know what will happen until a few months later. There's still a chance Nia might die or not. I just hope she won't or else I'm back to watching harem animes and boycott Gainax because my idea of a good ride is watching a cool guy save the day and also gets the girl in the end... seems like there hasn't been such animes recently.
Old 2007-07-09, 18:59   Link #356
U<3Anime
Boo!

i definitely do not want see Simon going emo on us again
Old 2007-07-09, 19:28   Link #357
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
As for the Simon in EP1, he doesn't sound like someone of too sound a mind. He sounds like someone eager for revenge/destruction.
Nope, not at all. Ep 1 Simon's speech is EXACTLY what he is rightnow. The GAR stage.
Recall episode 9-12, THATS sounds more like someone without sound mind. There is no "Who the hell do you think I am?", there is only "I will be Aniki and kill them all!" thats someone who is seeking revenge.

It is pretty obvious that at least up until ep 19, Nia will not die. Episode preview gave us about half the content of each episode, it never mentions Nia get killed nor Simon/crew morning of the lost. So if Nia gonna die, its not within these 4-5 episodes.

Looking at the flow of the show, I can say that all the non-minor characters that are on Simon's side are safe from dying from now. Noone die in 14 nor 15, not even minor crew members. This thing is 8:30 show, its not a time slot to create some psychological show for the kids. Kamina most likely will be the only big death in this series. (well... Viral... I can imagine he die saving Simon in the last few episode. The hype of the show kinda suggest that too..)
Old 2007-07-09, 20:20   Link #358
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Even if Nia is going to die, I don't think Simon will be extremely emo about it. If anything, she'll probably end up becoming Lagann's drill to power up Lagann to OVER 9000! Just like Genome's drill-harem.

Of course, I don't want her to die/become part of Lagann/whatever that offs her on a physical plane of existence, but IF IT HAPPENS, I sincerely don't think it's going to be something that'll emo~~ him for 3-4 episodes before bouncing back.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-09, 23:12   Link #359
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
Nope, not at all. Ep 1 Simon's speech is EXACTLY what he is rightnow. The GAR stage.
Like how there are different levels of Black Belt, there are different levels of GAR. I'd say Simon's close to the peak...but he doesn't have the attitude and style of Garlock yet. Just the guts.

The fellow we see in NewType very well "might not be there" yet. We have yet to see. Maybe he's the pupae stage right before Garlock, I dunno. I do know Garlock will appear in twenty at the latest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
Looking at the flow of the show, I can say that all the non-minor characters that are on Simon's side are safe from dying from now. Noone die in 14 nor 15, not even minor crew members. This thing is 8:30 show, its not a time slot to create some psychological show for the kids. Kamina most likely will be the only big death in this series. (well... Viral... I can imagine he die saving Simon in the last few episode. The hype of the show kinda suggest that too..)
I disagree, I think many people will die if Simon's civilization has to escape the planet. Namely, important Great Gurren Gang members like Beamspam McMuppet or Professor. :|
Old 2007-07-09, 23:39   Link #360
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Beamspam McMuppet... GOD where did that name come from? His name is Atenboro (or perhaps Attenborough). I remember how damned vandals would keep on changing his name to "Beamspam McMuppet" on the GL characters page on Wikipedia.
Closed Thread