AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-23, 12:27   Link #1301
Steel Guardian

Just a random thought. Not really important since it covers the start-up scene from Episode 1 again.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-23, 12:36   Link #1302
Midonin
Last Engage

We've seen the head of whatever Gurren-Lagann formation Ep. 1 Simon was piloting in the opening credits, and the new, giant, gun-wielding Gurren-Lagann doesn't quite look like it. There's gotta be something out there that leads to that final formation of formations.
Old 2007-09-23, 13:16   Link #1303
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Anyone notice Lazengann's head is sticking out of Tengen Toppa's Gurren mouth?
Old 2007-09-23, 15:45   Link #1304
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
What makes it sadder is I don't see how he can make it come true since Beastman can't reproduce.
If a hog-mole can turn into a humanoid, ANYTHING is possible with enough Spiral Power.
Old 2007-09-23, 16:14   Link #1305
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
If a hog-mole can turn into a humanoid, ANYTHING is possible with enough Spiral Power.
Very true, and you know I am sort of hoping that in the last episode Viral will do the impossible and show that he is a Beastman with spiral power.

After all doing the impossible is what this show is about.
Old 2007-09-23, 16:17   Link #1306
v1cious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
gurren lagann site updated pretty quickly

Spoiler for 27:

looks like we'll see the events in episode 1 after all. also, Hiroyuki Imaishi directing. this should be good.
what does this say exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
We've seen the head of whatever Gurren-Lagann formation Ep. 1 Simon was piloting in the opening credits, and the new, giant, gun-wielding Gurren-Lagann doesn't quite look like it. There's gotta be something out there that leads to that final formation of formations.
the mecha from the opening is Chouginga Gurren Lagann. Boota gives the command to fire the Ehlstreim cannon(sp?), the laser weapon it used in 26.

Last edited by v1cious; 2007-09-23 at 16:28.
Old 2007-09-23, 16:34   Link #1307
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
the mecha from the opening is Chouginga Gurren Lagann. Boota gives the command to fire the Ehlstreim cannon(sp?), the laser weapon it used in 26.
I figured that from watching 26, but then what's the large mecha behind GL in the opening? Arc and CGGL are the first two behind it, but the last one...
Old 2007-09-23, 16:43   Link #1308
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I figured that from watching 26, but then what's the large mecha behind GL in the opening? Arc and CGGL are the first two behind it, but the last one...
Tengen Toppa....Gurren Lagann!

alright, maybe not, but it's not an unlikely name either. anyway, it's the size of a galaxy and apparently powered by everyone's spiral power. also doesn't really seem to be much of a robot as a giant armor connected by flaming spiral energy.

anyway, you can see a bit of it in the episode 27 preview.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
what does this say exactly?
the synopsis isn't particularly interesting, just saying that this is the final battle in a style like the opening narrator's stuff. bottom is just the listing of who's working on this episode.

the big thing of interest is the title "all the heavenly lights are stars", which is a whole lot like alt. boota's line in episode 1 "so all the heavenly lights are enemies?"

Last edited by ashlay; 2007-09-23 at 16:54.
Old 2007-09-23, 21:43   Link #1309
Schmorpheus

With what we've seen in ep 26 , picture this: Humanoid Boota jumping face first into Yoko's chest.
Old 2007-09-24, 00:05   Link #1310
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
第27話「天の光は全て星」
これは自分の運命を知らなかった一人の男の人生の物語。
今、男は自分の運命を知り、愛する女と、友と、まだ見ぬ明日のための最期の戦いが今、始まる!

Episode 27: All the heavenly light are the stars:
This is the story about a man who did not know about his own fate.
Now, the man who learned his own fate, along with his lover and his friends, started the final fight for the unforeseeable future.
Old 2007-09-24, 01:03   Link #1311
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

My guess is that the scene where ep 1 starts off in space, is where ep 27 ends.
that or the beginning of ep 27.
SPIN ON!
Old 2007-09-24, 15:25   Link #1312
7Th
Mixtape

Just noticed what I'm sure was the KA for the Nono goes away sequence in Diebuster 6 drew a Nia illustration for the Gainax blog as she finished her work in episode 27.

And a lame speculative explanation I came up while browsing 2ch of Nia, Boota and the Anti-Spirals:

Nia is like Boota in that she absorbed enormous quantities of Simon Spiral power due to both her close relationship with and the fact that she, Boota and Simon slept in the same bed for 7 years and Simon's Spiral Power manifests itself unconsciously in the "growing up" cell multiplying process while he sleeps. This is why her "fake incomplete human" personality became a "real creature" and the true Anti-Spiral will was overtaken. Pretty much the reason the Anti-Spirals keep investigating was to understand this, but after discovering how Boota suffered the same process as her they came to an understanding and she turned useless for their analysis.

Last edited by 7Th; 2007-09-24 at 18:03.
Old 2007-09-24, 18:35   Link #1313
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Lol, she and Simon slept together for 7 seven years? I suppose I can agree with the absorbing of Spiral energy, but if they were really sleeping together for 7 years... you'd think that Simon would have an easier time proposing to her right? I'm more inclined to think that they lived in the same house but in different rooms, maybe different beds. I think Simon respected her enough not to *cough* bed her in the 7 years. This is where 18+ doujins come in

Anyway, I'm still having some reservations for the last episode. Some of us may have let our guards down with episode 26, but I still don't know what Gainax will do in episode 27.
Old 2007-09-24, 18:38   Link #1314
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

I've heard so many rumors about Gainax wanting to expand GL into a universe simlar to that of Gundam (movies, oavs, tv, etc).

Do YOU think it'd work?
Old 2007-09-24, 18:44   Link #1315
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Lol, she and Simon slept together for 7 seven years? I suppose I can agree with the absorbing of Spiral energy, but if they were really sleeping together for 7 years... you'd think that Simon would have an easier time proposing to her right? I'm more inclined to think that they lived in the same house but in different rooms, maybe different beds. I think Simon respected her enough not to *cough* bed her in the 7 years. This is where 18+ doujins come in

Anyway, I'm still having some reservations for the last episode. Some of us may have let our guards down with episode 26, but I still don't know what Gainax will do in episode 27.
Specially as Nia is still half gone in there.
Old 2007-09-24, 20:22   Link #1316
Dave1988
Kick reason to the curb!

Send a message via MSN to Dave1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post

Kakihara said in a radio interview that Simon and Nia post time skip aren't virgins....You do the math.
Old 2007-09-24, 20:57   Link #1317
Takeo
Jetsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1988 View Post
Kakihara said in a radio interview that Simon and Nia post time skip aren't virgins....You do the math.
How did Nia manage to understand that, yet not understand Simon's proposal?
Old 2007-09-24, 21:07   Link #1318
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Lol, I certainly did not know that. So much for it being a kids show. Oh wait, who am I kidding.
Anyway it doesn't matter if Kakihara is joking or not. I'm not surprised if Simon really did do Nia. Ok so where're the doujins?
Old 2007-09-24, 21:38   Link #1319
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
somehow , what you just said had the same effect one me as if someone shot me in the heart with a shotgun .
Old 2007-09-24, 21:48   Link #1320
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
If Kakihara really said something like that, I am sure we will be seeing a bunch of doujins pretty soon. lol.

Which episode of the radio show did he say that on, any summaries of the episode on the web?
Closed Thread