AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-03-06, 09:09   Link #21
Dextro
He Without a Title

uhhhhh! Now I'm about 100% more hyped about this than I was before!
Old 2016-04-08, 05:26   Link #22
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

In case you missed it, Trucy Wright and Ema Skye are set to make a return in this game as well. More details here.

The below YouTube video collects some new short character videos that were posted on the Gyakuten Saiban 6 official website:

Old 2016-04-08, 14:41   Link #23
ccesarano

I haven't been keeping up with this. I had avoided snagging Dual Destinies as I had been under the impression I never played Apollo Justice and was waiting for a chance to do so. I recently splurged, bought it, and started playing it... only to realize that I GameFly'ed Apollo Justice some years ago and totally forgot. So hopefully I'll have Dual Destinies completed by time this gets a Western release.

I'm glad this is one franchise Capcom continues to support.
Old 2016-05-11, 15:13   Link #24
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

It's been announced that Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit Of Justice will be released in September 2016 for NA and EU!

Quote:
http://www.vooks.net/phoenix-wright-...his-september/

SAN FRANCISCO — May 11, 2016 — Today, Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, has confirmed that the much-anticipated next installment in the Ace Attorney® courtroom drama series will make its way to North America and Europe as Phoenix Wright®: Ace Attorney® – Spirit of Justice. This narrative adventure stars beloved defense attorneys Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice and sees the return of many familiar faces alongside some interesting new additions. The title will be released as a digital download in the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems in North America and Europe in September this year at an MSRP of $29.99 / £24.99 / €29.99.
Old 2016-05-11, 22:57   Link #25
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
So... again we're not getting a physical version of Ace Attorney? Do they still have little faith in Ace Attorney when it comes to the West?
Old 2016-05-11, 23:34   Link #26
Freeter
beyond

The fact that Great Ace Attorney didn't get a dramatic Western overhaul should be telling enough. Capcom's not taking any risks with this series.
Old 2016-05-11, 23:41   Link #27
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 14:56   Link #28
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I'm still confused as to why a digital release is any worse than a hard copy release? Isn't the only difference a matter of taste as long as there's no extra bonus CDs or content involved?

I personally prefer digital releases for convenience...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 17:02   Link #29
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

1) Can be lent to or borrowed from a friend
2) Doesn't take space on your SD card
3) Can be sold again
4) Box has more presence in your collection
Old 2016-05-12, 17:23   Link #30
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

On the other hand, the DL version allows you to play two games or more without constantly having to switch cartridges.
For instance, right now my 3DS is loaded with MHX and Megami Tensei IV: Final. Sometimes I want to play one or sometimes the other, and by having one DL and one package, I can switch with ease.
Similarly, for the latter half of the year, Etrian Odyssey 5 will be my package game and Culdcept: Revolt as my DL game.

Though it's a bit different for me, since I have a JP 3DS. My friends can't read Japanese, so no borrowing. Can't really (and won't anyways) sell to Gamestop. And DL saves me from waiting for the game to come from across the globe.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 20:01   Link #31
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
1) Can be lent to or borrowed from a friend
2) Doesn't take space on your SD card
3) Can be sold again
4) Box has more presence in your collection
Most of those reasons don't necessarily apply to other gamers. I don't lend my games to other people. Selling is often a hassle (and places like Gamestop are a scam), so I keep most of the games I buy. I don't care about having a physical collection.

SD card space is an absolute joke, especially for 3DS games since you can get a 32GB SD card for like $12 along with most 3DS games being small themselves.

The only people that get hurt by the game being digital only are retail stores.

For regular gamers, it's purely personal preference.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 20:39   Link #32
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Most of those reasons don't necessarily apply to other gamers. I don't lend my games to other people. Selling is often a hassle (and places like Gamestop are a scam), so I keep most of the games I buy. I don't care about having a physical collection.

SD card space is an absolute joke, especially for 3DS games since you can get a 32GB SD card for like $12 along with most 3DS games being small themselves.

Until your 3DS breaks out of warranty and you realise that digital downloads are tied to the hardware instead of the account and you can't simply login in a different machine like you can with Sony and Microsoft consoles. That's my only complaint with the eShop.
Old 2016-05-13, 18:59   Link #33
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Not sure what you are doing to make it break. Of all I have played using my 3DS, the closest it ever got to breaking is... never. I did snap off half the screen (the part that holds it to the bottom) for my DS, only because I dropped it several times.
I'd say you are more likely to lose the small cartridge then anything else.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2016-05-13, 19:44   Link #34
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well, the same thing applies if your 3DS is stolen. I take it to conventions and my daily drive to Street Pass and get Play Coins, so the risk is always there. Personally I prefer physical since I enjoy collecting games. This also helps when games like say.... Marvel vs Capcom are pulled out of digital stores. It's not available digitally anymore, but I'll always have the physical copy. Same applies for say the PSP, as it's Store was closed down... so literally the only legal option is to buy physical copies.
Old 2016-05-13, 22:00   Link #35
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

I get 20% off new games with GCU. Therefore, digital only hurts me.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 03:37   Link #36
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

The other thing about digital is that if you are too lazy to buy more SD cards... you can just delete games, and store the save data locally on your small SD card, and then just download any new games that you want to get and have about 3 good games on your SD at a time. Moreover, you can just redownload games that you have already bought on eshop. It's time consuming, but not that inconvenient. And of course, there's always multiple SD cards.

I can just temporarily lend my New 3DS to friends if I really want them to play something... other than that though I can see why you'd feel differently if you care about having a physical collection. I don't physically collect stuff.

Though, I will say that for some of the RPG's come out, I'm a bit jelly about the OST CD's that come with preordering.

I'm amazed that the anime for this is going to be 24 episodes. Is quite nice. Waiting for this game is going to be tough lol.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2016-05-15, 21:33   Link #37
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The anime is 2-cour?! Sounds great, but is there a source?

Old 2016-05-18, 06:09   Link #38
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The anime is 2-cour?! Sounds great, but is there a source?
Well, I think so. I'm pretty sure it was confirmed a while back? Maybe check reddit?

Old 2016-06-15, 13:01   Link #39
AC-Phoenix
Detective

So the trailer kinda makes me wonder whether the girl standing next to phoenix is actually Maya or Maya's spirit in Pearl's body with good make up -
Spoiler for AC 3 final:

At least I got a reason to buy a 3ds now - one game alone was totally not worth it. (And by that I mean 5)

Also: I want Gumshoe back :/

Edit: anyone from germany or austria here who can tell me whether dual destenies there is actually really english or just english voice + german text?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2016-06-15 at 13:20.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-25, 17:36   Link #40
Dextro
He Without a Title

Well I just played the demo for the game that's been published today and I'm very pleasantly surprised. It's one of the best looking games I've seen in the system to date! The animations are beautiful, there's a great cell shading effect to the models that really makes them pop and everything just looks incredibly smooth. Most 3DS games I've seen always have some seriously jagged edges but this one looks absolutely stunning. I wonder if they're using some of the extra power in the New 3DS like Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate did with improved textures?