AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-27, 22:09   Link #561
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei.K View Post
Man I still can't get used to how good Chihaya looks. I enjoy good looking heroines as much as the next guy, but this is so out of character for such a tomboyish, tactless, childish one as her... just why does she have to look like a professional model while she clearly doesn't take care of her looks or the way she dresses, as karuta seems to be the only thing on her mind. Doesn't make sense, it's just mindless fanservice to me.

Oh well.
Sorry just noticed this comment

And okay maybe Chihaya's looks are a bit unrealistic but she isn't showing panty shots, falling out of her clothes, and she actually looks like a teenager not a doe eyed little kid. If that's fanservice..I'll take it!
Old 2011-11-27, 23:33   Link #562
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Can't wait for any official tournament arcs.
There is a high possibility for this with the possible Arata vs Improved Chihaya. Arata might be getting into the game itself with how he was riding on a bike trying to say something to Chihaya and Taichi when they were leaving by the train. Setting aside his grandfather's death and stomping more people in karuta.
Old 2011-11-29, 16:05   Link #563
Sides

Ok episode this week. The new Club does a training camp, to prepare the newcomers in competitive karuta. Some character development with Chihaya. As for Taichi, he is still a bit spineless.
Spoiler:

Kana with her hairs down is so adorable ^^.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 16:11   Link #564
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 9:
Old 2011-11-29, 16:54   Link #565
takodori

The gag scene wisely succeeded in showing that Chihaya's ear is good enough to detect "Mrs. Pressure"s footsteps before she opens the front door.
takodori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 17:31   Link #566
Kazu-kun

Great episode. This was one of my favorite chapters from the manga so I was really looking forward to seeing it animated. Long story short, it didn't disappoint.

On a side note, I hope I won't have to read comments about Taichi's non-existent girlfriend. It's getting old, and I'm sure by now most people already noticed what's the deal with this character.
Old 2011-11-29, 19:43   Link #567
Setsuryuu

Chihaya is seriously getting cuter and cuter over the episodes (and it's very silly to think just because she is a tomboy she can't be pretty or take care of her looks).

But Taichi... That dude is just amazing... It seems at every episode something pops up to make him a better and relatable character. And then somewhere the dude always do something to end up being a jerk. Way to go man. I can't like you at all not even actively trying to do so. xD
Setsuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 19:52   Link #568
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Taichi choked at the end of this episode.

He knows that Chihaya looks up to Arata and admires him, so i'm sure when he saw that text, he felt threatened that Arata would get in the way of the relationship he obviously wants (Well, obvious to us) and thats why he did that indirect kiss/close encounter with Chihaya, because he didn't know what else to do. At the same time, he knows Arata makes her happy so he wasn't going to hide the text, so he decided to compete with Arata's text.

It was a nice moment however, Taichi is a good and easily likeable character in my opinion.
Old 2011-11-29, 19:53   Link #569
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuryuu View Post
And then somewhere the dude always do something to end up being a jerk.
What did he do in this episode that would make him a jerk?? He was fabulous all around IMO, specially at the end.
Old 2011-11-29, 19:56   Link #570
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuryuu View Post
And then somewhere the dude always do something to end up being a jerk.
It's not like he erased the message and never told chihaya about it.
Old 2011-11-29, 22:13   Link #571
casval cehack

Arata used a karuta-like stratagy for the Chihaya Koshien when he mailed the birthday greetings to Taichi instead of sending it directly to her phone. Class A indeed.
Old 2011-11-29, 23:15   Link #572
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
On a side note, I hope I won't have to read comments about Taichi's non-existent girlfriend. It's getting old, and I'm sure by now most people already noticed what's the deal with this character.
So I am guessing we never hear or see from her again. I am guessing Taichi broke up with her off screen (which was the right thing to do). But I think the series should have shown this because the comments won't stop.

Anyways fantastic episode, loved the birthday scene, loved everyone. I think I am becoming like a broken record in my praise for this series.

Oh and I forgot to mention that cake looked delicious!
Old 2011-11-29, 23:15   Link #573
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Captain was awesome again. Liker her strategy to help get the team ready. Though i still don't see how that will help her improve when she's trying to be Queen. Knew Taichi was well off but damn that is a nice place. Chihaya was on the ball by sensing Mrs Pressure. That's a perfect name for her. Like how they celebrated her birthday. Nice present from Arata. Taichi definitely felt threatened after seeing that, but he did the right thing by showing it to her.
Old 2011-11-29, 23:29   Link #574
GundamZZ
残念美人

It is like saying, "I have nothing to hide behind your back". Then, Taichi's body trembles like a coward. Maybe.

When five people sharing cakes by spoons, it reminds me about Japanese couples sharing drink by straws. Without hesitation, Taichi eats cake from Chihaya's spoon. Maybe he wants to kiss her directly.

Finally see Kana wearing Kimono in non-working time. Her reason for wearing is no joke for kids.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 23:35   Link #575
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
It is like saying, "I have nothing to hide behind your back". Then, Taichi's body trembles like a coward. Maybe.
But that "coward" showed Chihaya the message despite knowing that Arata would be on Chihaya's mind after seeing it.

It was hard for Taichi but he still did the right thing!
Old 2011-11-30, 00:03   Link #576
GundamZZ
残念美人

OK. He may not be a coward.

I already have an idea for fan art. What about Chihaya runs into Taichi's secret room and finds her kinky photo all over the ceiling and walls.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 00:09   Link #577
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
So I am guessing we never hear or see from her again. I am guessing Taichi broke up with her off screen (which was the right thing to do). But I think the series should have shown this because the comments won't stop.

Anyways fantastic episode, loved the birthday scene, loved everyone. I think I am becoming like a broken record in my praise for this series.

Oh and I forgot to mention that cake looked delicious!
Well, to answer that question would require speaking about the manga, which is a no-no.

In other news, I will always be in the Taichii is a spineless jerk club. He could cure AIDs for all I care, and I wouldn't change my mind.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 01:31   Link #578
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

And I'm firmly in the camp that Taichi is the most realistic and interesting person in the cast. He's the heart of the series much more than Chihaya actually, who fills the sort of traditional thankless male lead role while Taichi has gotten far more development thus far.

I don't see how anyone could fault his reaction to Arata's email. He was experiencing a perfect moment with Chihaya when yet again, with impeccable timing, Arata interjects himself (quite innocently) like a bolt out of the blue and explodes it. Taichi cares for Chihaya every day, and he's dealing with a memory, which is much harder to fight than a real person. And it's not like he didn't show her the email - he claimed the moment, took the cake Chihaya was offering him, and showed her the message. WTF is wrong with that?

I also think it's worth noting that both Taichi and Arata remembered her birthday, when by all accounts her mother and sister didn't. And she didn't see it as important enough to mention. And what a job Miyano Mamoru is doing here - hard to imagine two more different characters than Taichi and Okabe, and two more different relationships, but he's been totally believable and compelling in both. I wasn't a huge fan before, but I am now.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 04:25   Link #579
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Typical awesomeness. Man I like her wearing those shorts. :3

Also, I find it hillarious how Chihaya will bring people home. Karuta slaves, she'll be raising as she brainwashes them to love Karuta.

The highlight of this episode was definitely near the end, where Taichi admist his confusion comes across that one text from Taichi. Good times for them all. 8/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 04:39   Link #580
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
And I'm firmly in the camp that Taichi is the most realistic and interesting person in the cast. He's the heart of the series much more than Chihaya actually, who fills the sort of traditional thankless male lead role while Taichi has gotten far more development thus far.
You know I came into this thread expecting to be one of the few really thinking this, but as much as I been liking this show, Chihaya's character development has sort of been nonexistent since the very start with Taichi increasingly becoming more and more interesting in this cast.

It honestly wouldn't be a stretch for me to say that Taichi is carrying this show majorly, as he continually provides me with the most interesting interactions and aspects of each episode, while balancing out Chihaya's extremely energetic personality. Not that Chihaya is a bad character, but a character without too much depth like her cannot be more than just entertaining, without any real meat in characterization to sink my teeth into.

Taichi is the one showing multiple layers to his character and the more interesting conflicts overall. In a sense, if he was the main character, I almost think the show would be better.

All in all, I thought this show was going to be better than I expected at the start, but it's started leveling off more to my expectations I had initially at the onset (Pretty well executed heart felt story, but not SPECTACULAR). Perhaps I'm being hard on the show a little bit, but I feel it's capping out its potential in many ways because of a lack of depth in Chihaya particularly.

For now I'll sit in the Taichi camp as well.

Anyways, this episode was good overall, but like I was saying, the most interesting parts all came from again, Taichi. Well executed, but I can't help but feel that this show could have a little more going for it at the moment. I don't know. I'm still hopeful it can excel, but for now I'm going to be tough and say, just not there yet.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
josei, karuta, madhouse