AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 9 16.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 24.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 32.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 11.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 5.66%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.77%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-04, 01:01   Link #41
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
I do not associate this politically. By Nazis once again I mean attitude, uniform wise like mentioned before. Uniform is not Nazi but it is similar to German military standards and some of them were Nazis not only because of their association but also their attitude that some had even if they were not part of those divisions. This being said that is how I think.
Ok, just for you again Black =/= German Standard Uniform. The army standard uniform are grey. Even to the time of the WWII. The SS Troops used Black and silver/white. sometimes with a red brassard.

Currently I am looking for a cruel officer equal to Gregor, so I skip this part until I found the best fit comparison for him.
Old 2009-05-04, 01:24   Link #42
Runty

Can you guys please use this topic to discuss the episode, and not General Gregor? There's a "general character discussion" topic for that.

Once I see a subbed version, I'll add to my review of the episode.
Old 2009-05-04, 03:00   Link #43
slayer545-sama
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Can you guys please use this topic to discuss the episode, and not General Gregor? There's a "general character discussion" topic for that.

Once I see a subbed version, I'll add to my review of the episode.
Oh hey! I am trying to convince these people that Gregor in this episode showed more behavior that would be similar to Nazis than before. His anger at the very least suggested me that.
Old 2009-05-04, 09:14   Link #44
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Oh hey! I am trying to convince these people that Gregor in this episode showed more behavior that would be similar to Nazis than before. His anger at the very least suggested me that.
Yeah, and we have so far shown you that we are not convinced.

For crying out loud, get a clue.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-05-04, 14:03   Link #45
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
What officer wouldn't be pissed off if he was getting his butt kicked by milita? He kicked the regular military's butt with such ease the militia shouldn't even be worth a fight.

He's nowhere near a nazi german at all. He's a high ranking arisotcrat so obviously he's going to display some sort of arrogance and high end attitude which Jaeger pointed out (social status) but that's another thing.

And if your going about him sacrificing his troops for the greater good there are tons of generals who've done that in the past. One good example would be the Union General Hancock who sacrificed an entire REGIMENT to the confederates during Gettysburg.

On that note, it is rather sad that the Imperials kick the Gallian's regulars so easy but when it comes to fighting the milita they can't do squat and
Old 2009-05-04, 14:04   Link #46
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

I hope Faldio dies. I don't like him taking my man Welks gurl.

THATS HIS G SON!

Maaan...now I want to watch this ep. Sounds very action oreiented...

Thoughts on when we'll get a sub?

Last edited by Tyrone Biggums; 2009-05-04 at 15:22.
Old 2009-05-04, 14:21   Link #47
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
What officer wouldn't be pissed off if he was getting his butt kicked by milita? He kicked the regular military's butt with such ease the militia shouldn't even be worth a fight.

He's nowhere near a nazi german at all. He's a high ranking arisotcrat so obviously he's going to display some sort of arrogance and high end attitude which Jaeger pointed out (social status) but that's another thing.

And if your going about him sacrificing his troops for the greater good there are tons of generals who've done that in the past. One good example would be the Union General Hancock who sacrificed an entire REGIMENT to the confederates during Gettysburg.
No kidding, its not like he was preaching anti-Darc ideologies to his troops nor was he presenting some sort of political statement. He was simply being determined and decisive when his troops failed to do what he believed they could accomplish.

How is that a Nazi is beyond anyone's guess. You don't need to use a podium with a red background to be a nazi. On the other hand, I can easily accuse him of being a Stalin. Hell, in a battle of ego between Hitler and Stalin, Stalin won, and I am not just talking about winning the war.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-05-04, 16:45   Link #48
slayer545-sama
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
No kidding, its not like he was preaching anti-Darc ideologies to his troops nor was he presenting some sort of political statement. He was simply being determined and decisive when his troops failed to do what he believed they could accomplish.

How is that a Nazi is beyond anyone's guess. You don't need to use a podium with a red background to be a nazi. On the other hand, I can easily accuse him of being a Stalin. Hell, in a battle of ego between Hitler and Stalin, Stalin won, and I am not just talking about winning the war.

- Tak
Exactly IT! Stalin and if Stalin had no same values or similar ones he would not A)Ally himself with Hitler. B) Be depressed for sometime while Hitler attacked his country. There is far more than what one sees. My problem is that sometimes I express myself in a very confused manner. That is because my religion works on the basis of Chaos so many of you can be confused by me in terms of my expressing myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
I hope Faldio dies. I don't like him taking my man Welks gurl.

THATS HIS G SON!

Maaan...now I want to watch this ep. Sounds very action oreiented...

Thoughts on when we'll get a sub?
EVEN MORE! I wished Faldio at least if he would have saved Alicia from being in a rushed state and getting that wound. I would not want as much Faldio to die but I would want him to get injured somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yeah, and we have so far shown you that we are not convinced.

For crying out loud, get a clue.

- Tak
Yeah, ok at least do not bitch at me sheesh. We all our ways of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

On that note, it is rather sad that the Imperials kick the Gallian's regulars so easy but when it comes to fighting the milita they can't do squat and
I guess then again his mentality is similar to Stalin but there is no way you are going to convince he has no elements of NAZIS. He does have some but then again this #5 so we have yet to see what other things he can show us.
Old 2009-05-04, 19:07   Link #49
Father Hentai

Gregor may be a loyal soldier and a ruthless superior but he did not show any kind of anti-Semitism yet. And again. Only because he wears a black uniform does not make him a Nazi equate.

The only one who would fit into a racist would that fat general damon.
Old 2009-05-04, 22:35   Link #50
slayer545-sama
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Gregor may be a loyal soldier and a ruthless superior but he did not show any kind of anti-Semitism yet. And again. Only because he wears a black uniform does not make him a Nazi equate.

The only one who would fit into a racist would that fat general damon.
Yeah Damon is a chicken wuss!
Old 2009-05-04, 23:01   Link #51
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Oh this is hilarious. Alicia's facial expressions were priceless as usual, but as a non-game player I feel I need to asK, are all these interactions with Faldio anime-only? If it is, I must say, they're needlessly inserting plot complications where there shouldn't be any. And the preview, oh my...
Old 2009-05-05, 01:14   Link #52
Chrono Helix

Yeah, it's new stuff for the anime.
Old 2009-05-05, 01:23   Link #53
Runty

I get the feeling that the anime is more based on the manga than the game. Though in any regard, it only has a loose basis on either.
Old 2009-05-05, 11:45   Link #54
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Something I don't get. How does Rosie discovering an animal trail => Welkin figuring out it leads to the enemy base?
Old 2009-05-05, 11:54   Link #55
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Well some good points first (without getting too deep into spoilers):
- action! Although it's still on the rather shallow side, it was quite an improvement over the bridgehead. Not to mention Largo doing what he should.
- Welkin showing his smarts
- Alicia showing her brawns err.. gung-ho rushiness
- interesting interaction between the imperial generals. They're not shown as complete fools either, which is a good change from usual "villain" leaders.
- droppings! now we're only missing the bug comparison.
- we get to see some more squadies from the game in Squad 1! (darn.. Nadine is nowhere to be seen though...)
- Did anyone else notice the battle music from the game playing during the action?

The negative:
- silent background characters. Guess we'll have to wait for the next episode again.
- background characters acting like... background characters. But then I guess having the spotlight on the main characters makes sense from an anime point of vue.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
I get the feeling that the anime is more based on the manga than the game. Though in any regard, it only has a loose basis on either.
I feel like the manga is much closer to the game than the anime. Not to mention the squadies get to be fleshed out as soon as chapter 4. In the anime we're still waiting...
Old 2009-05-05, 12:10   Link #56
Tak

I am just not happy with the visual details being sliced left and right. Seriously, they could have just used the game's engine to make this entire anime. It would have worked.

- Tak

Old 2009-05-05, 12:17   Link #57
pingva

There was a longer fight, but the episode still was boring. I find that the only interesting parts of this episode were: Radi's thought that Alicia can be a Valkyria and Faldio's thought that she is interesting.

Alicia is annoying. When she is talking I want that she would shut up.

I think that I'm going to like such characters like Faldio and Radi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Something I don't get. How does Rosie discovering an animal trail => Welkin figuring out it leads to the enemy base?
I would like to know it myself too.
Old 2009-05-05, 12:26   Link #58
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

pingva, if you spoiled me with that Alicia comment, Im gonna kill you щ(゚Д゚щ)

So far the only character I dont like is Faldio for doing that annoying small talk during the mission while being told to shut up several times and the jealous kid behind him. I dont mind if the kid gets shot.
Old 2009-05-05, 12:29   Link #59
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
pingva, if you spoiled me with that Alicia comment, Im gonna kill you щ(゚Д゚щ)
I haven't played the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
the jealous kid behind him. I dont mind if the kid gets shot.
He would be a perfect spy or betrayer.

Last edited by pingva; 2009-05-05 at 12:42.
Old 2009-05-05, 12:36   Link #60
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
It doesn't make much sense really. In the game they already know where the enemy base is, so there's no mention of an animal trail.

Thinking about it more, and there could be a few dozen animal trails in those woods. They could lead anywhere.