AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-09, 05:37   Link #21
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Unles you're like me, who read it in chunks before I even finished the second twlight.
Old 2009-07-09, 07:15   Link #22
Alaya
Counter Force

Let's recap what happened in episode I-II. We have six people killed in the shed with huge magic circle draw on it's shutter. The last time we saw them alive is around 22.00 or 23.00 of 4th October 1986. The locations are as shown in the anime.

Now it is time to serve some question to new viewers. Wild speculation is allowed, try to use your most creative imagination.

1. Does the 19th person exist on Rokkenjima?
2. Who gave an umbrella and a letter to Maria?
3. Who killed those six people?
4. Why the culprit damaged the heads of victims?
5. If you notice, there're some heads that only half smashed. Why the culprit did not smash the head completely as other corpses?
6. Why drew such a magic circle?

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-07-10 at 16:00. Reason: guidance elements have been removed.
Old 2009-07-09, 07:46   Link #23
Shadow Kira01

I haven't played any of the games or read the manga. Based on the first episode of the anime, I can only say that this seems to be a murder mystery with supernatural elements. Not sure how it will turn out..
Old 2009-07-09, 07:57   Link #24
Alaya
Counter Force

Well the fun part of watching/reading/playing Umineko is making speculation, so feel free to do so. It doesn't need to be correct, even a crazy theory could feel pleasant here.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-09, 13:38   Link #25
SailorMoon4ever

Just watched the first two episodes of this and im already addicted ..it's also my first Horror/mystery type.
Old 2009-07-09, 14:04   Link #26
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

After reading the Epitaph again, I was sure that 6 people were going to die that night. What I'm curious about though is this line.
"He who lays hand upon the key shall travel under the rules below."
I'm sure a lot more would be clear if....
1.: We knew what the Key is
2: The one who "laid their hand" upon it.

At this point I can't be TO sure who would do it but I'm sure it wasn't Maria, seeing as how she was sleeping for the remainder of the night. And I'm absoloutley sure it wasn't any of the kids. My most likely suspects at the moment are Eva and Hideyoshi.
Old 2009-07-10, 02:45   Link #27
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor Jube View Post
After reading the Epitaph again, I was sure that 6 people were going to die that night. What I'm curious about though is this line.
"He who lays hand upon the key shall travel under the rules below."
I'm sure a lot more would be clear if....
1.: We knew what the Key is
2: The one who "laid their hand" upon it.

At this point I can't be TO sure who would do it but I'm sure it wasn't Maria, seeing as how she was sleeping for the remainder of the night. And I'm absoloutley sure it wasn't any of the kids. My most likely suspects at the moment are Eva and Hideyoshi.
Check your PM, I'll try to answer those, but it might be spoiler material.
Old 2009-07-10, 02:49   Link #28
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
We VN readers aren't supposed to be in this thread, much less answering questions, let 'em work stuff out as the anime is released.
Old 2009-07-10, 02:57   Link #29
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelii View Post
We VN readers aren't supposed to be in this thread, much less answering questions, let 'em work stuff out as the anime is released.
Which is why I don't answer anything in this thread. I only offer to answer them in PM, and put them under a bunch of spoilers tags so they don't need to touch it if they don't want to.
Old 2009-07-10, 03:02   Link #30
Alaya
Counter Force

I think we are more like conductors that raise questions for the new viewers :P.

For me it is much more fun, to see how other people will explain the incident, especially the new viewers ^^

Old 2009-07-10, 03:09   Link #31
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Thanks, didn't seem to spoil too much, appreciate the info.
Old 2009-07-10, 05:14   Link #32
Unknown Soldier
:D

Anyways, the epitaph by the portrait of Beatrice:
Quote:
My beloved hometown, the sweetfish river running through it.
You who seek the Golden Land, follow its path downstream and seek the key.

If you follow the river downstream, you will find a village.
In the village, look for the shore the two will tell you of.
There sleeps the key to the Golden Land.

He who lays hand upon the key shall travel under the rules below.

At the first twilight, you shall lift up as sacrifice the six chosen by the key.
At the second twilight, those who remain shall tear apart the two who are close.
At the third twilight, those who remain shall praise my honorable name on high.
At the fourth twilight, gouge the head and kill.
At the fifth twilight, gouge the chest and kill.
At the sixth twilight, gouge the stomach and kill.
At the seventh twilight, gouge the knee and kill.
At the eighth twilight, gouge the leg and kill.
At the ninth twilight, the witch shall be revived and none shall be left alive.
At the tenth twilight, the journey shall end and you should reach the village of gold.

The witch will praise the wise, and should bestow four treasures.
One shall be, all the gold from the Golden Land.
One shall be, the resurrection of the souls of all the dead.
One shall be, even the resurrection of the lost love.
One shall be, to put the witch to sleep for all time.

Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice.
My thinking is that the key is literally a key in this arc. Natsuhi has it, it's the key to Kinzou's study. Her survival is at least guaranteed for some time as long as she has the scorpion medallion. The other group who have the scorpion medallion are the kids, since Battler has the other one. As long as Battler, Jessica, George, and Maria have the other medallion and stick together, they will at least survive until the gouging of various body parts. It should be noted that according to the epitaph, 6 + 2 + 5 = 13 people will die before the 9th night. There are 18 people on the island (not counting Beatrice). So 5 will survive until the end and meet Beatrice. Of these, Maria has already met her. My wild prediction is that the survivors will be Natsuhi, Battler, Jessica, Maria, and George.
Old 2009-07-10, 05:20   Link #33
Paranoia833
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Anyways, the epitaph by the portrait of Beatrice:

My thinking is that the key is literally a key in this arc. Natsuhi has it, it's the key to Kinzou's study. Her survival is at least guaranteed for some time as long as she has the scorpion medallion. The other group who have the scorpion medallion are the kids, since Battler has the other one. As long as Battler, Jessica, George, and Maria have the other medallion and stick together, they will at least survive until the gouging of various body parts. It should be noted that according to the epitaph, 6 + 2 + 5 = 13 people will die before the 9th night. There are 18 people on the island (not counting Beatrice). So 5 will survive until the end and meet Beatrice. Of these, Maria has already met her. My wild prediction is that the survivors will be Natsuhi, Battler, Jessica, Maria, and George.
Of course that assumes the epitaph actually refers to the murders and wasn't just something completely different that's been co-opted by someone(s) of less than pristine ethics who either wants a crack at the big juicy inheritance or have some other as yet unknown grudge against the Ushiromiya family.
Old 2009-07-10, 05:31   Link #34
bjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia833 View Post
Of course that assumes the epitaph actually refers to the murders and wasn't just something completely different that's been co-opted by someone(s) of less than pristine ethics who either wants a crack at the big juicy inheritance or have some other as yet unknown grudge against the Ushiromiya family.
Well, that might be true in the long run since I suppose that we're attempting to find logical reasons for all that is happening on Rokkenjima. But of course, this being a question arc, the coincidence of six dying will probably not be the only coincidence that occurs. I feel that the rest of this arc will follow the epitaph verbatim in order to secure some supernatural feelings within us.

My question is: will only 13 actually die? Having seen Higurashi, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole cast dies off >_>
Old 2009-07-10, 05:48   Link #35
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjw View Post
Well, that might be true in the long run since I suppose that we're attempting to find logical reasons for all that is happening on Rokkenjima. But of course, this being a question arc, the coincidence of six dying will probably not be the only coincidence that occurs. I feel that the rest of this arc will follow the epitaph verbatim in order to secure some supernatural feelings within us.

My question is: will only 13 actually die? Having seen Higurashi, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole cast dies off >_>
Seeing as how this is the first arc, I'm pretty sure it will be a BAD END, so I expect the entire cast to be killed off, if not killed then go missing.
Old 2009-07-10, 05:55   Link #36
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It wouldn't be interesting nor urgent if people didn't meet theiruntimely demise in such horrifying fashions now would it?
Old 2009-07-10, 06:30   Link #37
Unknown Soldier
:D

I should clarify, my silly little theory is that the 5 who survive until the 9th night are Natsuhi, Battler, Jessica, Maria, and George. However the epitaph makes it pretty clear that nobody survives after the 9th night except Beatrice and possibly the one who holds the key. It's not likely that in the first arc someone is going to make it to the 10th night and find the gold, so Natsuhi (the key holder) will be the last to die on the 9th night. Nobody makes it to the 10th night, and that will be the end of the arc.

Of course it's even more likely that what I've predicted is totally wrong, but it sounds good. I'm sure when all is said and done something random will come out of left field like the Himanizawa Syndrome which explains everything that was going on. Since the Chiru chapters are not yet completed, I'm sure even the VN readers don't know what really is the root cause of the events yet since only one chapter (Episode 5) has been released of the solutions.
Old 2009-07-10, 06:32   Link #38
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Episode 5 of the games aren't out yet.
Old 2009-07-10, 07:00   Link #39
Kazane

I wonder if there is a reason for choosing those six or if they were just randomly selected to be sacrificed for the first twilight. I mean, I expected only most of the parents to die and not the servants.
Old 2009-07-10, 10:02   Link #40
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

From what I seen so far, I highly doubt Beatrice exists. There are 18 ppl in the house so if someone outside is wandering around, surely someone must've caught it. Unless Beatrice is truly a witch who can pop out of nowhere behind Maria and kill all those ppl with her supernatural power. But then that's not really a mystery element anymore which I think is what the series is going for.
Closed Thread