AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-25, 11:29   Link #401
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Here.

Blabla message is too short my ass
Old 2010-03-25, 13:48   Link #402
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Which begs the question; While people have noticed the fact that she lives alone, how come no one questions the fact that Asakura and Yuki coincidentally are both able to afford the rent for their apartments? Even though there's the logical explanation of rich families...
One other way... creating money from pieces of paper or metal... (refer to VN Crossroads Project)
Old 2010-03-25, 14:41   Link #403
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Spoiler, darksassin...
Im sorry If I have done anything wrong..
but what did I do wrong???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Here.

Blabla message is too short my ass
Thankies...
Old 2010-03-25, 20:19   Link #404
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksassin View Post
Im sorry If I have done anything wrong..
but what did I do wrong???
Nothing, because this is a spoiler thread lol
Old 2010-03-27, 04:40   Link #405
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Here's my sign...
Old 2010-04-09, 04:06   Link #406
SamKajam

damn, they kinda went a little overboard with Erik Satie eh?

Btw... reading the novel while watching the movie let me actually follow along. Was kinda cool but would definitely enjoy a proper viewing of the movie better.

Edit: oh yeah, and screw you to whoever spoiled who the culprit was for me on youtube.... though I guess it was pretty obvious, with the way they marketed this
Old 2010-04-10, 00:05   Link #407
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

watched the whole thing. and it's subbed. 100 times better...

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere

Last edited by Solace; 2010-04-10 at 01:36. Reason: No, the link isn't allowed.
Old 2010-04-10, 20:00   Link #408
Blayne Barudorii

I'm almost done watching it and Koizumi saying "she loves you" while being drowned out by car noises so we only hear "ves you..." is evil, that wasn't in the original light novels!!!

I think this cements the interpretation that the light novels is purely from Kyon's unreliable narration while the anime is about 80% unreliable Kyon and 20% objective from out perspective so we get to see/hear things that Kyon wouldn't have told us.
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Old 2010-04-10, 20:18   Link #409
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayne Barudorii View Post
I'm almost done watching it and Koizumi saying "she loves you" while being drowned out by car noises so we only hear "ves you..." is evil, that wasn't in the original light novels!!!

I think this cements the interpretation that the light novels is purely from Kyon's unreliable narration while the anime is about 80% unreliable Kyon and 20% objective from out perspective so we get to see/hear things that Kyon wouldn't have told us.
I came across a point in the 2ch threads where they mention this same topic. Here's my translation:

Question: In Kyon and Disapperance!Koizumi's trainside conversation, Koizumi says something like...
Answer: "It's an envious position, wouldn't you say...." In the pamphlet (program at the movie) all call Daisuke Ono's performance "Impressive."
"A tone of sadness, and loneliness" was put into the speech. Incidently, there were no lines in the original work.

Here's the original Japanese if someone could translate better that what I got from Rikaichan:
Q.キョンと消失古泉が踏み切り脇で話してた時に、古泉が何か言いかけてたような…
A.「うらやましいですね……」 小野大輔がパンフレットで「印象的な場面」として挙げています。
  「選択されないものの寂しさ、哀しさ」が込められている台詞。ちなみに原作小説にはない台 詞です。

I had been wondering the same thing myself Blayne. I'm not saying that the translations was wrong, but I noticed it was a little different than what I came across from 2ch. That itself may be wrong like a few other things I got from there, so we won't know until a non-speedsub group does the movie.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-04-10 at 20:30.
Old 2010-04-10, 20:30   Link #410
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
In Baka-Tsuki translation, Itsuki did say he believe Haruhi is "very found' of Kyon. Also, the rest of the converstation is the same. The movie made it more obvious, but it is about the same meaning in the novel.
Old 2010-04-10, 21:29   Link #411
Blayne Barudorii

I've been under the impression that the Anime takes the view that "we" the audience is actually watching whats happening so thus extra bits of talking is adding to give more perspective, which is why if my reading of TvTropes is correct that the Anime shows Kyon somewhat more aware of the relationship tangle and better shows that he cares for Haruhi while the light novels have Kyon so selectively oblivious that it has even Itsuki exasperated.
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Old 2010-04-10, 21:39   Link #412
Blayne Barudorii

Woah just this in, just finished watching, for one I give the camera guy 5 stars for waiting until the end so we can see the Stinger ending for the movie which leaves me slightly befuddled.

Also anyone know the name of the song Yuki's seiyuu sung at the end credits?

Old 2010-04-10, 22:21   Link #413
baltakatei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayne Barudorii View Post
Woah just this in, just finished watching, for one I give the camera guy 5 stars for waiting until the end so we can see the Stinger ending for the movie which leaves me slightly befuddled.

Also anyone know the name of the song Yuki's seiyuu sung at the end credits?
Yasashii Boukyaku.
Old 2010-04-11, 02:09   Link #414
Blayne Barudorii

Anyone else found Taniguchi sounding more like Minoru Shiraishi ala Lucky Star in the movie then he usually does in the anime? I had trouble recognizing him before not so much here.

Old 2010-04-11, 03:45   Link #415
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'd forgotten how nice Yuki's legs look.
Old 2010-04-11, 04:23   Link #416
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for just in case:
Old 2010-04-11, 05:31   Link #417
baltakatei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Spoiler for just in case:
Spoiler for to-be-revealed until Kyon stops delaying restoring the world:

One thing that I didn't notice from the BT translation until I heard the movie raw the other day was what Kyon said to Haruhi the second time on Tanabata, 3 years ago. "sekai wo oonimoriagerutameno John Smith wo yoroshiku" is basically what the SOS Brigade was named after: "Sekai wo Ooinimoriagerutameno Suzumiya Haruhi no Dan". That explains why it was so easy for Kyon to remember what alternate Haruhi recalled to him in the cafe.

Also, one small pair of comments that were left out due to the time constraints placed upon Kyon's commentary was a favorite of mine:

Spoiler for space:

A small oddity that depends entirely upon the type of elevator used in Nagato's apartment is: Why was the Kyon-Asakura conversation in the elevator so long? Is the elevator really that slow or did one of them forget to hit the floor they wanted?
Old 2010-04-11, 06:02   Link #418
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Naw, the best scene was Kyons INTROSPECTION scene.

To be honest, it may be the my favourite scene of any anime ever.
Old 2010-04-11, 06:15   Link #419
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltakatei View Post
One thing that I didn't notice from the BT translation until I heard the movie raw the other day was what Kyon said to Haruhi the second time on Tanabata, 3 years ago. "sekai wo oonimoriagerutameno John Smith wo yoroshiku" is basically what the SOS Brigade was named after: "Sekai wo Ooinimoriagerutameno Suzumiya Haruhi no Dan". That explains why it was so easy for Kyon to remember what alternate Haruhi recalled to him in the cafe.
I just checked and you are right. It is a hell of a translation error, then. I would hope the official translation keep the reference but I don't know if I should be as optimistic. The (other) fansub, at last, could fix it.

Not really important, I suppose, but a fine detail like that should be kept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltakatei View Post
A small oddity that depends entirely upon the type of elevator used in Nagato's apartment is: Why was the Kyon-Asakura conversation in the elevator so long? Is the elevator really that slow or did one of them forget to hit the floor they wanted?
Noticed that as well. Data manipulation maybe? Or, more likely, poetic license.
Old 2010-04-11, 08:13   Link #420
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

I can't choose between the stabbing scene or the introspection scene. those were really epic!

And people have been wondering why Haruhi looks so Emo.....HEY! SHE GAVE UP HER SEARCH FOR WIERD STUFF TO DO SOMETHING ELSE NORMAL! Of course she's not happy. she didn't do the things she wanted to do. Pffft. I'd be pretty pissed too if I gave up on something that I was passionate about.

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
Closed Thread