Old 2003-12-03, 19:12   Link #1
ChiFan
Hen na Hito

Boogiepop Phantom - Live Action

ok people, here's some info:

http://mostlycloudy.net/~ballzapaloo...iepop/info.htm

Looks cool!

Anyone fan of the anime series? )

Last edited by ChiFan; 2003-12-03 at 20:23.
ChiFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 20:53   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Thanks for that link. I'm adding it to Torrents for Boogiepop Phantom - Live Action since there's just no other good links for it!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 20:56   Link #3
Digital-Kitty
Evil Supreme Kitty

Aye, I loved the anime series. Im glad someone finally decided to do this movie.
Digital-Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 21:36   Link #4
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Hey uh, glad you all like my site. =)

Finals week is coming up, but I'll see if I have enough time soon to goof off and do an update. I plan on doing a review/critique of the fansub.
Ballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 00:45   Link #5
Goras

You own that site? that site is awesome!
Goras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 00:55   Link #6
Relentless
Certifiably insane

Please help me, is this version subbed? Kinda sad if I'd have to download 1.1+GB to find out it's not.
Relentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 00:59   Link #7
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Yes it is subbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballz
Hey uh, glad you all like my site. =)

Finals week is coming up, but I'll see if I have enough time soon to goof off and do an update. I plan on doing a review/critique of the fansub.
Congratulations! Yours is one of the very few fansites linked on the series torrent pages! I just hope you can deal with all the extra traffic.

Yeah... like there'll really be any extra traffic... Sure... as if anyone actually looks at all my hard work and research. Everyone just posts here to ask what a series is about. Nobody reads it... (mumble, mumble...)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-04, 01:20   Link #8
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
Please help me, is this version subbed? Kinda sad if I'd have to download 1.1+GB to find out it's not.
Don't worry, it is.

I'm flattered to see my humble little site linked on the torrents page, although perhaps a link should also be available for the guys who did the actual subbing. About a year ago I myself was attempting to fansub the movie (which I describe briefly on my site), but that never went anywhere so I don't want to be miscredited for doing it or anything. That hard work all came from The Anime Instrumentality Project, whose website is http://www.instrumentality.org/. They're real friendly and surprisingly enough, they still release their fansubs the ol' fashioned way, on VHS tapes. o.o
Old 2003-12-04, 07:59   Link #9
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballz
They're real friendly and surprisingly enough, they still release their fansubs the ol' fashioned way, on VHS tapes. o.o
That rocks. XD .:still buys a lot of fansubs the ol' fashioned way, on VHS tapes:.

Anyways. I just downloaded the boogiepop phantom movie so I'll watch it now~ I've been wanting to see this for a while now.. ^^
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 10:29   Link #10
Koshiba

Just finished it. That was pretty cool. ^_^ Now I'm gonna sit here listening to my Boogiepop and Others CD soundtrack thingy. xD
Old 2003-12-04, 12:51   Link #11
wao
OK.

Hm... isn't it better for someone to host it at a different place? I dunno, all the same, there are no seeds... not that I'm going to download it, but it might put off other people...
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 13:11   Link #12
Koshiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Hm... isn't it better for someone to host it at a different place? I dunno, all the same, there are no seeds... not that I'm going to download it, but it might put off other people...
Somehow I think there ARE seeds. o_o Because when I was downloading it it said there were no seeds but I was getting good speed and was able to complete it..
Old 2003-12-04, 14:13   Link #13
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

The number of seeds/downloaders on the front page is not accurate. I know I'm still seeding it.
Old 2003-12-04, 17:32   Link #14
DieGottheit

Send a message via AIM to DieGottheit Send a message via MSN to DieGottheit
i had abotu 5 seeds through my download of it.
still downloaded slow most the time, but got it all done.

but there ARE seeds for it.
DieGottheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 18:21   Link #15
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

As has been said, the information on our page is wrong. Unfortunately our script does not work with some non-standard trackers. This is one of them. If you see 0 seeds, 0 clients... sometimes it means that we just can't find them. If you see even 1 client or seed, then you will know that that our page is working properly. It is only the 0/0 case that indicates we might be messed up.

Old 2003-12-05, 03:21   Link #16
Diedrupo

just finished watching it, that was really cool! especially since it pretty much details the critical flashback scene that was instrumental in the tv series but never fully explained. I have to wonder if it was made after the anime though, especially given the major spoiler at the very beginning of the movie. It's almost as if they expect viewers to have already read the novel or watched the tv series.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 06:21   Link #17
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo
just finished watching it, that was really cool! especially since it pretty much details the critical flashback scene that was instrumental in the tv series but never fully explained. I have to wonder if it was made after the anime though, especially given the major spoiler at the very beginning of the movie. It's almost as if they expect viewers to have already read the novel or watched the tv series.
The movie came out a few months before the tv series did. What spoiler are you referring to exactly?

And uh, for those who are curious, I was gonna update my site tonight, honestly, but I somehow got distracted into making a Boogiepop-related desktop. ^_^ (It really shouldn't have taken 2 and a half hours to create, but it did... )

That's kawaii little Kei Niitoki for those of you who've seen the movie.
Old 2003-12-28, 21:28   Link #18
i luv Kare Kano

boogiepop phantom live action???

holy sh*t i just noticed this in the series category. Has anyone seen it yet? is it good? i tried to download it but theres no seeds or even anyone download (which suxass btw). And the file's HUGE too, like 1000 mb. Is this worth downloading?
i luv Kare Kano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-28, 22:24   Link #19
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Quote:
Originally Posted by i luv Kare Kano
holy sh*t i just noticed this in the series category. Has anyone seen it yet? is it good? i tried to download it but theres no seeds or even anyone download (which suxass btw). And the file's HUGE too, like 1000 mb. Is this worth downloading?
The tracker's messed up, and isn't showing the right numbers. There are people both seeding and downloading it, so like, leech away and stuff. And if people stop seeding it, I guess I can go ahead and reseed myself.

The movie is very good in that it serves as a backdrop for the anime series, pretty much explaining all that happened before the opening scene of the first episode. The movie is NOT very good in that it's a Japanese live action horror movie. Which means it's, you know, kind of cheesy.

I still haven't gotten around to updating my site with a review of the subs. It is a very good fansub. I only counted one typo in the whole thing.

Edit: if that torrent link isn't working, try this one
Old 2003-12-29, 00:21   Link #20
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Hmmm... I didn't like Boogiepop phantom at all but, I sure do love a good cheesy japanese horror flick.

Anyone who has seen it, is their any shock value? Thats pretty much the only reason I watch these movies and why I keep watching Takahashi Miike movies.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote