AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-25, 12:02   Link #81
Kafriel
Senior Guest

You know how already: with more plot holes
Old 2012-03-25, 15:24   Link #82
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Skipped half of the previous arc like a badass, went straight to the new one. Someone let me know if I missed something important, thanks.

So far the new arc is decent, can't complain much yet. But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Halibel will have to be rescued. I don't get the worry about her character being "ruined". She was strong, but it's not like she was a total badass or anything. I do dread two years spent on Ichigo & co. making their way into the ice palace to rescue her.

Little doubt they'll have to save Halibel, but I hope that's a relatively small part of the story here. Also, I wonder what happened to Apache, Sun Sun and Mila Rose?
I sincerely hope you're not right there, Kyu. Two years you say? It's going to be some slow fucking going. I can't handle another rescue arc.
Old 2012-03-25, 16:16   Link #83
SeanQ

Buuuuh when did protecting Hollows become a shinigami's duty -_- you have shinigamis killing evil humans and protecting good hollows now ...
Old 2012-03-25, 16:38   Link #84
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Haven't seen a shinigami protect a hollow yet...but if they did, I think it's because a shinigami's duty is to do with maintaining balance, not just killing hollows. I vaguely remember something like that, might be wrong.
Old 2012-03-25, 17:10   Link #85
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Too bad the self-proclaimed guardians of balance have been letting souls die in ALL kinds of ways. Does kido purify a hollow or does it rend the soul? What about Chad's and Orihime's kills? Ishida is known to destroy souls but got away with killing myriads of them after assaulting their territory in the HM arc...not to mention the number of souls eaten by hollows, like Aaroniero's 30k streak.
Old 2012-03-26, 03:33   Link #86
astrallionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Halibel, always gets the shortest end of the stick. Let's wait for ice boy to save her now.
That sounds about right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Haven't seen a shinigami protect a hollow yet...but if they did, I think it's because a shinigami's duty is to do with maintaining balance, not just killing hollows. I vaguely remember something like that, might be wrong.
Or is a hot chick
Old 2012-03-26, 03:39   Link #87
astrallionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Frieza called and wants his/her finger-point curbstomp back.

Old 2012-03-26, 08:42   Link #88
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
ok, now I really want to know how the Buckbeard is getting his Arrancars.. Halibel is missing quite a lot of her armour
Old 2012-03-26, 15:28   Link #89
astrallionheart

Armor? That's nothing but a sailor moon outfit I don't think it ever conferred any protection to start with

It's also clear none of it's part of her body like arrancar bone...it's literally just clothing.
Old 2012-03-26, 18:12   Link #90
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
ok, now I really want to know how the Buckbeard is getting his Arrancars.. Halibel is missing quite a lot of her armour
he wrecked her shit
Old 2012-03-26, 22:40   Link #91
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Why can't someone else save her? Ichigo on white horse is damn boring!

Can't he do something else for a change?
I think kubo has played too much mario. when ichigo arrives this time, I'm hoping for an arrancar saying: 'sorry, but the princess is in another ice palace'
Old 2012-03-27, 06:25   Link #92
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
Armor? That's nothing but a sailor moon outfit I don't think it ever conferred any protection to start with

It's also clear none of it's part of her body like arrancar bone...it's literally just clothing.
well the stuff on her breast looked pretty solid so I figured the rest could be the same
Old 2012-03-27, 06:42   Link #93
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
In all honesty I couldn't care less about any of the characters anymore. I just wanna kno how Kubo is going to explain all those dangling loose plot threads...
good luck on that!

i just read bleach out of habit. however, i do like discussing the chapters (if there is anything at all to discuss) here with you guys, maybe get a laugh or two out of it. besides, the series is ending, i'm still curious about how it all ends. my expectations are pretty low though.

Quote:
Well it kinda does. Granted, its no excuse, but its an explanation nonetheless when you factor in Kubo's other traits.

If you're not the type of writer who believes in planning ahead in great depth and you've no intention of creating a plot with no end in sight, what we end up with are a bunch of new characters being introduced to serve purposes that don't initially extend beyond the point the plot is at. So these characters get left behind as the plot moves forward which leaves them with very little reason to get any character development in the first place. Now Bleach seems to be coming to a close. So assuming Kubo was competent at minor character development, its got to be tough to pull that off when you're not leaving yourself left with much time or opportunity to do so.

When it comes to Oda, I don't read up on his interviews and I don't read the one piece manga. So all I have to go by is what I've seen from the anime. With that said, I'm impressed with Oda's ability to give attention to minor characters and am even more impressed with how he's able to make such characters become pretty important much later on in the plot after you've completely forgotten about them. But I feel like Oda can afford to develop his cast more since he seems to be better capable of planning how to integrate his minor characters into his plot (both in the short & long term). He also doesn't seem like he's ending One Piece anytime soon. So I wonder if that means he can better afford to go off on tangents as he pleases for the sake of character development.
i guess my point is, it's not about the amount of characters, it's about the ability of the writer. i believe kubo is capable of planning his story arcs though, he's just lazy. the soul society arc and the one before that was pretty well-planned. it's the arcs that came after that didn't seem to fit. even his art is a testament to how lazy he got over the years. he used to have detailed character designs and backdrops, nowadays the characters kinda look the same and his backdrops become less and less detailed with each chapter. you kinda get the feeling that he doesn't give a crap about his series anymore. it's high time he ends it.
Old 2012-03-28, 00:06   Link #94
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i guess my point is, it's not about the amount of characters, it's about the ability of the writer. i believe kubo is capable of planning his story arcs though, he's just lazy. the soul society arc and the one before that was pretty well-planned. it's the arcs that came after that didn't seem to fit. even his art is a testament to how lazy he got over the years. he used to have detailed character designs and backdrops, nowadays the characters kinda look the same and his backdrops become less and less detailed with each chapter. you kinda get the feeling that he doesn't give a crap about his series anymore. it's high time he ends it.
i totally agree. and just to confirm i went and reread the last chapter looking solely at the backgrounds... its crazy. almost every panel is blank. the ones with backgrounds are sloppy and just a few parallel lines here and there. then looking back on his older work (he was never as detailed as someone like oda) but there is a huge difference. the new stuff is very lazy and sloppy
Old 2012-03-28, 07:08   Link #95
ronin myael
lost ronin

hey, where's the new chapter thread? the new chapter is out! needless to say, it's as confusing as the one before it. hueco mundo again? another rescue? i hate hueco mundo! the place is as bland and boring as a desert! oh wait, it is a desert and i think i know why kubo chose this very location, it's because he doesn't have to draw detailed backdrops.
Old 2012-03-28, 07:28   Link #96
kiak666

Spoilers are out...

Spoiler for Yep, we just got Kubo'ed....:
Old 2012-03-28, 07:48   Link #97
kakakka

The chapter is out already, more than an hour ago.
Old 2012-03-28, 07:52   Link #98
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
The chapter is out already, more than an hour ago.
Read it already, now waiting for new thread.
Old 2012-03-28, 08:36   Link #99
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
What about Chad's and Orihime's kills?
I'm not sure about Chad after the whole fullbringer thing, but Orihime's abilities have been stated to be very similar to that of a Zanpatkuto, if I recall.
Old 2012-03-28, 08:59   Link #100
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

the latest chapter is so freaking hilarious.
Kubo wtf rofl

Closed Thread