AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-26, 13:59   Link #761
jayala319

I agree, the author hinting that he could go a full dragon transformation, could be related that he has to fight more dragons, maybe later on he would have to fight in a place where actual dragons can move, I know that his BB is there for that reason, but maybe he is going to let ddraig control him , and that way draig will remember more about his past, and this way the author could solve one of the biggest mysteries. Why draig and Albion got in a fight.
Old 2013-01-26, 14:23   Link #762
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Well I wasn't thinking of this replacing his various Scail Mail form more of giving Ise some other options if he is going to be fighting massive opptents. Ise is mainly a brawler and well going up against something let dragons especailly in any sort of number it seems like he would need a different. Also let's face it not every power Ise gets is used frequently either.
True, he might gain some additional power up, but it will be something that he can use along with his Boosted Gear - and I don't think that a full dragon transformation is applying to this...

Not to mention, I don't think that the author wants to turn Ise into an overpowered killing machine, which is why he introduced this whole Rating Game subplot, where team work is something that is needed...

I mean, you seemed to forget that, in most cases Ise probably won't be alone on the battlefield... if there is something that he can't defeat on his own, his comrades can always help him in that regard - for example, why do you think Kiba received a Demonic Dragon Slayer sword, in volume 12, if he won't be using it, against some of the enemies, that the current arc is going to have.

I know that teamwork hasn't been used much, in the previous parts of the novel, but in the future arc's and the current one, in my opinion, it's going to become more apparent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcloving View Post
Well the author may have put his dragon transformation as a hint to one of the possible paths of growth he can undertake later on. Remember the better base stats he has the more powerful in BB and CCQ due to higher multipliers. For all we know he might transform into a humanoid dragon later on and use BB.

He might even turn into a super saiyan with crimson hair XD- okay back to reality. I thik the author has some kind of power up in mind regarding Ise being able to transform part of his body into a dragon. So it's not wise to rule it out completely that he won't be able to transform into one fully in the future
Well, technically speaking Ise is already, partially a humanoid dragon, the fact that he looks like a human doesn't mean that he is actually a human - it's just like Ophis, she looks like a normal human - more exactly a lolita little girl, but she's actually one of the more powerful residents of the Hyodou house, even in her current weakened state...

So, while I could see him transforming his arm, into a dragons to block against a magical attack or go through some heavy magic resistance defense, I don't think that it's going to evolve into some kind of complete dragon form... since having a complete / high magic resistance and probably an increased physical defense, over his entire body, and at the same time having some pretty high attack stats, even if it would be for a really short period of time, would seem like plain cheating to me...

After all, like I said above, in my response to GundamFan's post, I doubt that the author wants to turn Ise into some kind of overpowered killing machine that would be capable of solving everything on his own... I mean, I doubt he would introduce this whole concept of Rating Games, where teamwork is important, if most of the things, the "King" would be capable of doing on his own...

In other words, while Ise is going to be pretty powerful ... I doubt it's going to go into the overpowered territory, there are still going to be situations where his comrades are going to be necessary to achieve a victory... and while it wasn't present much, in the novel's previous part's, I think that teamwork is going to become important in this arc's battle's ... and probably the future ones as well, after all, why else, do you think this part of the novel would be titled: The Legend of Oppai Dragon and his Lively Companions , if it wouldn't mean that someone else then Ise is going to have a heavy role in it ?
Old 2013-01-26, 15:03   Link #763
Mcloving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
In other words, while Ise is going to be pretty powerful ... I doubt it's going to go into the overpowered territory, there are still going to be situations where his comrades are going to be necessary to achieve a victory... and while it wasn't present much, in the novel's previous part's, I think that teamwork is going to become important in this arc's battle's ... and probably the future ones as well, after all, why else, do you think this part of the novel would be titled: The Legend of Oppai Dragon and his Lively Companions , if it wouldn't mean that someone else then Ise is going to have a heavy role in it ?
Of course he'll require his comrades help but don't forget when the novel is about to end there's no doubt he'll be one of the strongest in the DxD universe. He'll require help getting to that stage but when he fights his rivals it'll be a 1v1 match (eg vali). Now vali is shown to be really powerful right now to the point where he doesn't need help. I know he's a humanoid dragon; what I meant was he retains both dragon and human features - (bad example would be for example elfman from fairy tail turning into a beast but still retain some human features). I agree with you I don't feel he'll evolve into a complete dragon form but a humanoid dragon form is possible.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-26 at 21:24. Reason: trimmed quote
Old 2013-01-26, 15:15   Link #764
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

@Chris38
Now that you mention it, I agree that a full dragon transformation may indeed be something of an end game thing. But I think you would agree that the dragon transformation wouldn't be introduced if it didn't have any importance in the future. I think something along the lines of half dragon transformation, meaning Dragonic arms and legs, horns and wings maybe a tail, while overall still looking human.
Old 2013-01-26, 15:23   Link #765
Tchadnis

i also don't think he would turn into a complete dragon like a western flying dragon like Ddraig , but humanoid dragon with scaly body , tail , dragon arms, legs etc.... that alone with BB giving him a form similar to that of JD just to the armor but not with the trouble.
Old 2013-01-26, 15:47   Link #766
Chris38

I agree that a partial dragon transformation is possible, but it won't be without any limitations .... in other words, it will have advantages - like for example increased magic resistance and defense + maybe some new types of attacks, but it will also have some disadvantages, that a skilled opponent might use to be able to defeat Ise in that form... for example an increased vulnerability to dragon slaying techniques compared to Ise's "normal" mode + some limitations on the amount of time, in which Ise can stay in that state (related to his current stamina)

In other words, I don't think that it will be a sure kill move, since that would make Ise's fights a little too predictable and ... boring...
Old 2013-01-26, 16:11   Link #767
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I agree that a partial dragon transformation is possible, but it won't be without any limitations .... in other words, it will have advantages - like for example increased magic resistance and defense + maybe some new types of attacks, but it will also have some disadvantages, that a skilled opponent might use to be able to defeat Ise in that form... for example an increased vulnerability to dragon slaying techniques compared to Ise's "normal" mode + some limitations on the amount of time, in which Ise can stay in that state (related to his current stamina)

In other words, I don't think that it will be a sure kill move, since that would make Ise's fights a little too predictable and ... boring...
Everything has limits, especially in the beginning. It's overcoming those limits that is interesting to see.

It's kinda obvious that the more "Dragon" Ise becomes the more danger comes from dragon slaying techniques. It's like this, basic Ise has for example -50% resistance against light and dragon slayer, in a more dragon like form his resistance to light goes to say 25-50% while his resistance to dragon slayer drops to -125-150%. While light based powers are only half effective on Ise, the threat from dragon slayer triples.

Besides there can also be another issue with Ise fully transforming into a dragon. Like Saji he may experience control difficulties. And if Ise goes berserk, there will no one who could stop him(maybe Ophis).
Old 2013-01-26, 16:39   Link #768
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
Besides there can also be another issue with Ise fully transforming into a dragon. Like Saji he may experience control difficulties. And if Ise goes berserk, there will no one who could stop him(maybe Ophis).
Ise losing control, and Ophis being the only one, who could bring him back to a more normal state, would be a pretty interesting development, since ... at least, it would turn Ophis into something more then just a mascot / comedy character...

But ... since a development like that, would be kind of similar to Juggernaut Drive, I think the possibility of it happening is pretty low...

Will, just have to wait and see, how things are going to develop - after all, at this point there isn't much more to say about Ise's potential, half dragon transformation ability...
Old 2013-01-26, 16:58   Link #769
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
i also don't think he would turn into a complete dragon like a western flying dragon like Ddraig , but humanoid dragon with scaly body , tail , dragon arms, legs etc.... that alone with BB giving him a form similar to that of JD just to the armor but not with the trouble.
You know now that I think about some more this sort of draconic transformation seems very very unlike because it really would make either BG scail mail redundant or the new power would come acrossed as rather redundant itself.

I do hope I'm wrong about Ise getting a dragon transformation like that only Saji can transform into powerful dragon.
Old 2013-01-26, 17:14   Link #770
XFire
150% done

I personally vote for the "humanoid dragon form" option. But instead of it being an independent power, the author should make that the sub-species of BG.
Old 2013-01-26, 17:15   Link #771
Velsy

Just read up to Volume 5, chapter 5. And the first thing thats happened in this manga has pissed me off. What the hell is with that retarted spell, it wouldnt even be possible. Made him self look like a true moron as well. One of the most stupidest things ever, all time low. Anyway moving on.

Sona just sprouted a bunch of words to Ise about Saji has finally suppased him and will defeat him right. But guess what!! Asia just took the kill!. Friendly fire style. Sure Saji *may* of weaken him. But Asias come to the rescue and Sona can now eat her words. Sorry Saji, better luck next time. I have to admit tho, he gave it best. I can give him credit for that, tho he did try to win cheaply so maybe he can loose some credit for that.

Issie did the most stupidest thing ever, but it ended it Asia doing something awesome even if unintentionally. Well what happened normally wouldnt be consided good, but she denied Sona humiliating Issie and took an enemy kill while at it (Asias debute kill!). <3 Asia, shes so innocently cute.

The battles been bad from a spectical point of view, so many people have come to watch as well as VIP's. But I guess Sonas in the position she has to use these tactics. I've not read up to the results yet, Rais should win from here, but who noes what other instant trap cards Sona has ready. I think its *more* bad that two friends have been forced to play off each other which is described that it will affect there career for the person who looses. I get the feeling if Sona looses, shes going to resent Rais for crushing her dream.

Last edited by Velsy; 2013-01-26 at 17:26.
Old 2013-01-26, 17:18   Link #772
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Well, I think we should wait for the translation to get a better grasp on the transformation that Ise did. Right now we know only that he transformed his arm and that he was dizzy afterwards.

Reading the actual thing may give us some clues.

Also having a Dragon Transformation similar to Saji's Vitra promotion as one of Illegal Triana move sounds like a good idea, I mean it seems that for each of such abilities there is mutated evil piece which means Ise still has 4 more new abilities to gain. Divine Dividing is probably also be possible thanks to this.
Old 2013-01-26, 17:46   Link #773
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
Well, I think we should wait for the translation to get a better grasp on the transformation that Ise did. Right now we know only that he transformed his arm and that he was dizzy afterwards.

Reading the actual thing may give us some clues.

Also having a Dragon Transformation similar to Saji's Vitra promotion as one of Illegal Triana move sounds like a good idea, I mean it seems that for each of such abilities there is mutated evil piece which means Ise still has 4 more new abilities to gain. Divine Dividing is probably also be possible thanks to this.
I always thought Ise Dragon form shape will come, after Raizer incident his arm become "Dragon", Juggernaut incident and Vol 12 fusion with GR, BB will reach a point with limits, so I think the author could use as "Ultimate Form" like Super Sayayin 4 or bankai in Bleach, but knowing the author will be in kamen rider?? shape...
Old 2013-01-26, 18:14   Link #774
Mcloving

Tbh I think his last pawn piece will change into a mutation piece when he promotes to "king". Knowing the author this route isn't entirely impossible.
Old 2013-01-26, 18:51   Link #775
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcloving View Post
Tbh I think his last pawn piece will change into a mutation piece when he promotes to "king". Knowing the author this route isn't entirely impossible.
The King Promotion is the only forbidden, Vol 1 states that, time ago we discusses all this in order to know what limits could reach evil pieces system and Ise natural power ups, like you say its not entirely sure the author doesn't do, but could the major HAX in DxD and Ishibumi Sensei just don't do, he prefers close enough border lines Deux ex Machina actions, like GR fusion and longinus Smasher or Oppai god intervention.
That's my reason to always believe when Crimson Queen reach limits he will transform in Ultimate Shape as Dragon...
Old 2013-01-26, 19:20   Link #776
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
The King Promotion is the only forbidden, Vol 1 states that, time ago we discusses all this in order to know what limits could reach evil pieces system and Ise natural power ups, like you say its not entirely sure the author doesn't do, but could the major HAX in DxD and Ishibumi Sensei just don't do, he prefers close enough border lines Deux ex Machina actions, like GR fusion and longinus Smasher or Oppai god intervention.
That's my reason to always believe when Crimson Queen reach limits he will transform in Ultimate Shape as Dragon...
or got second blessing from chichigami-sama
Old 2013-01-26, 19:46   Link #777
Velsy

Could someone explain to me why at the ending of the battle in Volume 5, Rias and Sona had to Battle ?

Acording to the rules of chess, To win all you have to do is put the king in checkmate, you dont need to kill the king. Sona with her peices gone, The Rias's 4 peices just had to corner Sona on the roof or surrounder her and it's C-h-e-c-k-m-a-t-e. A king can checkmate a king.

It just felt a little odd they had to fight. Say Rias got 1-shotted, the victory had already been awarded to Rias right ?

On that note, man of the match performance from Kiba.

Ah I just remember, if Raiser had lost all of his peices and Rais had at least 2 (inlcuding herself) would a checkmate been forced ? and why are they saying Saji killed Isse, Asia did it! She killed him in friendly fire. You could call Asia killing stealing sure, but Saji was denied his kill.

Last edited by Velsy; 2013-01-26 at 19:57.
Old 2013-01-26, 19:53   Link #778
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Could someone explain to me why at the ending of the battle in Volume 5, Rias and Sona had to Battle ?

Acording to the rules of chess, To win all you have to do is put the king in checkmate, you dont need to kill the king. Sona with her peices gone, The Rias's 4 peices just had to corner Sona on the roof or surrounder her and it's C-h-e-c-k-m-a-t-e. A king can checkmate a king.

It just felt a little odd they had to fight. Say Rias got 1-shotted, the victory had already been awarded to Rias right ?

Ah I just remember, if Raiser had lost all of his peices and Rais had at least 2 (inlcuding herself, would a checkmate been forced ?
Easy to respond: Rias personality, remember vrs Raizer??, other whom like to fight in the front is Sairaorg.
Old 2013-01-26, 20:07   Link #779
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post

Ah I just remember, if Raiser had lost all of his peices and Rais had at least 2 (inlcuding herself) would a checkmate been forced ? and why are they saying Saji killed Isse, Asia did it! She killed him in friendly fire
i believe youre not reading the LN throughout yet.
-Rias and Sona have match coz it's rating game for young promising devil and it's turn out they meet in first match. just think it like football league, your team will eventually meet all other team it's just matter of time.

-Check mean The king KOed, Surrender, or Killed. in this case Sona KOed by Kiba since as a knight he can't let his king defeated since king defeat mean end of match.

-Rias want a 1 on 1 battle with Sona and almost ended lost if not for Kiba interferences.

-in battle with Raiser she is surrendered since her side is already has no battle power.

-in Ise vs Saji battle, it's true that Ise KOed Saji in 1 on 1 battle but unknown to him Saji has drained his blood[imagine his HP got drained bit by bit] and this factor lead to Ise defeat after Asia healing got reversed[if heal reversed it's become damage]
Old 2013-01-26, 20:19   Link #780
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Actually, IIRC, they do menyion in novel that it seems to be a habit of the young devils to do a King vs King match.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen