AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-30, 10:49   Link #21
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I wonder what effects that Smile do, if its enough to make a Yonko angry that he is not getting it than it must be some good stuff.
Old 2013-01-30, 11:07   Link #22
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I wonder what effects that Smile do, if its enough to make a Yonko angry that he is not getting it than it must be some good stuff.
It's what Ceaser uses to make Artificial Zoan Devil fruits. Apparently Kaido wants to/has have/has an army of DF users to control. For what reason? No one knows. For the Lulz I suppose.
Old 2013-01-30, 13:04   Link #23
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

First point!

30% chance of victory? With Luffy you ALWAYS need to add an extra 0 if you're calculating probabilities

Second point!

Fourth option: Law is playing Doflamingo; he knows exactly how Doflamingo will react to this, and is in fact counting on it.
Old 2013-01-30, 13:05   Link #24
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

no one talking about granny kicking ass on the cover?
Old 2013-01-30, 14:09   Link #25
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Jinbei threw away his shichibukai rank and no admirals seem to have come after him, Wonder why the difference?
Old 2013-01-30, 14:12   Link #26
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Jinbei threw away his shichibukai rank and no admirals seem to have come after him, Wonder why the difference?
Hehe..he was imprisoned in impel down, remember? He was probably set for execution at a later date. So really, he was probably chased off-screen.
Old 2013-01-30, 14:12   Link #27
gibits
Endless

Cover: granny is defending or attacking that slime man?

Loved this one. Oda is at his best here. The marines acting like asshats because they feel conflicted and the Strawhats brushing it off because they know was very classy.

No mention of the samuri and his dragon kid. Too bad was hoping they would join the crew so their would be 3 swordsmen in the crew.

Doflamingo getting owned by Law was defiantly the highlight here. I wonder why Law wants Doflamingo to vacate his spot. Does he really plan on releasing Caeser? And how does this improve his chances against the beast?

Oda has me wanting more with his impeccable control of plot and pacing. Even though we just ended one arc I'm still intrigued by what's to come.
Old 2013-01-30, 14:53   Link #28
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
First point!

30% chance of victory? With Luffy you ALWAYS need to add an extra 0 if you're calculating probabilities
What, like 30.0%?
Old 2013-01-30, 15:02   Link #29
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
It's always a shock to see Doflamingo doing anything other than smiling... so I wonder how it'll be now that his anger's overflowing...
Old 2013-01-30, 15:11   Link #30
Samwise

I'm sure that unless there is some third course of action, Doflamingo will leave his position as shibukai. If he stayed he would look like a coward, hiding behind the marines from kaidou, and he would be abandoning his crewmates. Somehow I don't think he would do that, despite being a villain.

Option 2 would be he leaves and submits to Law's wishes. However, now that he is no longer a shibukai he has plenty of time to plan revenge and if Law isn't careful he will have a vindictive Dofla on his tail as well as a Yonko. Law is playing this one pretty close to the chest for sure!

Also, if Dofla leaves it shows just how powerful Kaidou is compared to the marines- so much so that the smart move is to side with him.
Old 2013-01-30, 15:14   Link #31
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
and nobody is talking about it...but I liked the scene between the Strawhats, the marines and the kids this chapter xD

Don't worry, I enjoyed it myself..... I'm really starting to like those G5 guys, actually. I kinda wanna see them team up with the Straw-Hats again in the near future.

And yeah, checking out the chapter, Dofla DID seem more pissed off than worried. But I think that would be kind of a natural reaction towards a traitorous former crewmate of his. Either way, I kind of imagine that having to choose between getting gangbanged by the admirals or being goatsed by Kaidou wouldn't exactly be the most welcome of decisions.

BTW, I meant to comment before that Kaidou's reputation really says a lot about how much of a monster Moria must have been during his younger years. If he was considered a rival of the "world's strongest creature" back then, he must have truly been a grand fighter back at that time indeed, which makes it more of a shame that he became such a lazy sloth by the time the Thriller Bark arc came around. Hopefully, Moria will have returned at least some modicum of his former glory once he returns to the story......

Quote:

Circumstances, man. While it's true that Jinbei quit his title during the war, he hasn't really done much to be considered a top-priority target (but it's not like the marines ignored him, either..... he WAS confirmed to have gotten a bounty hike during the skip).

On the other hand, we've got Dofla, a dude who has major influence all over the Grand Line, has contacts and connections within the WG's upper echelon, had one of his most trusted men infiltrate the marines so well that he became a freaking vice-admiral, and to take the cake, worked as a mole for a madman who produces deadly weapons of mass destruction (some of which are provided to one of the yonkou). Furthermore, all of this was done in the shadows. "Apples and oranges" doesn't even BEGIN to explain the differences here.
Old 2013-01-30, 15:28   Link #32
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i am guessing option B

once Smoker gets back and report in how Dofla had the Marines infiltrated, he might not have much of a choice anyway.
Old 2013-01-30, 15:56   Link #33
marvelB

BTW, going back to that reference to Baki that I made on the opening post..... IMO, it would be all kinds of awesome if Oda went the extra mile and drew Kaidou Itagaki-style, lumpy body and all.
Old 2013-01-30, 16:25   Link #34
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Circumstances, man. While it's true that Jinbei quit his title during the war, he hasn't really done much to be considered a top-priority target (but it's not like the marines ignored him, either..... he WAS confirmed to have gotten a bounty hike during the skip).

On the other hand, we've got Dofla, a dude who has major influence all over the Grand Line, has contacts and connections within the WG's upper echelon, had one of his most trusted men infiltrate the marines so well that he became a freaking vice-admiral, and to take the cake, worked as a mole for a madman who produces deadly weapons of mass destruction (some of which are provided to one of the yonkou). Furthermore, all of this was done in the shadows. "Apples and oranges" doesn't even BEGIN to explain the differences here.
Fair enough. I can see that the WG would look upon Doflamingo being a threat than Jinbei if he went rogue.

Anyone wanna start speculating what kind of rare Zoan Kaidou is? Considering his connection to Drake, I'm guessing a T-Rex Zoan?
Old 2013-01-30, 16:30   Link #35
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Fair enough. I can see that the WG would look upon Doflamingo being a threat than Jinbei if he went rogue.

Anyone wanna start speculating what kind of rare Zoan Kaidou is? Considering his connection to Drake, I'm guessing a T-Rex Zoan?
Drake was a T-Rex

Kaidou, something bigger and nastier.

How about a Non-Human Creature with a Human-Shape type Zoan?
Old 2013-01-30, 16:37   Link #36
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Drake was a T-Rex

Kaidou, something bigger and nastier.

How about a Non-Human Creature with a Human-Shape type Zoan?
Actually he ate a Theropoda dinosaur fruit. So it could be any one of those.

Old 2013-01-30, 16:40   Link #37
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Actually he ate a Theropoda dinosaur fruit. So it could be any one of those.

still, i would be disappointed if Kaidou is just a bigger Drake.
Old 2013-01-30, 16:48   Link #38
Slayerx

I can't help but think that Doflamingo won't be able to find Baby 5's and buffalo's body and thus will hand their heads over to members of his crew who will use them like weapons... Baby 5 will transform into different weapons, and buffalo will use his head like some kind of circular saw blade

Quote:
I would think mythical zoan... Maybe a chimara since it's a mix of different beasts. Or maybe a hydra.
Old 2013-01-30, 16:52   Link #39
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I can't help but think that Doflamingo won't be able to find Baby 5's and buffalo's body and thus will hand their heads over to members of his crew who will use them like weapons... Baby 5 will transform into different weapons, and buffalo will use his head like some kind of circular saw blade
i think the male crew members will find different uses for Baby5's head.

and Law need to make sure sanji doesn't make off with Baby5's body.
Old 2013-01-30, 17:16   Link #40
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Kaidou is secretly Hanma Baki...on an extended vacation in the OP world.
Closed Thread