AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-18, 10:29   Link #61
Ray
Garnet

Wow, the cover art for the LE is stunning; it almost makes me want to buy the game..
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 11:05   Link #62
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
http://andriasang.com/con1yt/tokitowa_update/

Ugh. Soo.. the Prince gets stabbed and probably dies (Towa's hand is covered in blood), and Toki travels back in time to prevent the Prince from dying. The million dollar question is: is she the MC or is the Prince, or.. is this just the prologue?
My guess is she goes back in time and warns the MC, and so you start playing as the MC. But honestly at this point, I really don't care about the MC, the game should just be about Toki though I can't see that going anywhere if the prince is a non-factor considering the whole point is the wedding. Hopefully they realize time isn't meant to be tampered with at the end, and the prince inevitably dies.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 11:08   Link #63
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
My guess is she goes back in time and warns the MC, and so you start playing as the MC. But honestly at this point, I really don't care about the MC, the game should just be about Toki though I can't see that going anywhere if the prince is a non-factor considering the whole point is the wedding. Hopefully they realize time isn't meant to be tampered with at the end, and the prince inevitably dies.
That's quite the depressing resolution. But the dragon seems to be somehow related to the Prince..

Anyway, I think the gameplay (trailer, please) will be deciding factor for me, as well as many others.
Old 2012-07-18, 11:12   Link #64
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
That's quite the depressing resolution. But the dragon seems to be somehow related to the Prince..

Anyway, I think the gameplay (trailer, please) will be deciding factor for me, as well as many others.
I thought the dragon was just Toki's pet. Though I do find it interesting that the MC isn't anywhere to be seen and the dragon is. Weird indeed.

----------

Seems we also have some screens of the new characters announced in Famitsu

http://andriasang.com/con1yz/tokitowa_screens/

Makimono and Bikodo respectively

Last edited by Kurosu; 2012-07-18 at 11:29.
Old 2012-07-18, 12:49   Link #65
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
I thought the dragon was just Toki's pet. Though I do find it interesting that the MC isn't anywhere to be seen and the dragon is. Weird indeed.
As did I, until someone in this thread pointed out that the top of a blue dragon's head can be seen behind the Prince.
Old 2012-07-18, 14:10   Link #66
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
As did I, until someone in this thread pointed out that the top of a blue dragon's head can be seen behind the Prince.
Well then the question becomes whether the prince and the dragon are one in the same? The dragon was present before the wedding and seemed to have been treated as its own character (I'm basing this off the manga). So unless something happens related to the dragon and the prince, who knows.
Old 2012-07-19, 16:40   Link #67
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Hopefully they realize time isn't meant to be tampered with at the end, and the prince inevitably dies.
An interesting possible ending, I think, would be one inspired by the core premise of C&C's Red Alert series: the assassination is foiled (whether by being at the wedding to stop the assassins or rendering the plot stillborn before it even gets to that point), but in so doing something worse is let off the proverbial leash...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 23:17   Link #68
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

not as bad as i expecting, but it still feel clucky

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 23:48   Link #69
xizro345
King's Justice

I wasn't expecting something big so I think it works pretty ok. The only thing that seems off to me is the camera during the field sections.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 00:50   Link #70
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The battle seems kinda stiff and the way Toki walks is kinda strange...but overall, I think this might be worthwhile. I wonder if there will be only 1 party member in this game

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:31   Link #71
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Wow, no wonder they've been too scared to show footage until now.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 07:04   Link #72
Ray
Garnet

I think it looks fantastic, but still a little choppy. So it's this, Neptunia V, or the AW PS3 game. Hm. It's tough enough choice..

I hope the so-called MC (the prince) isn't just some lame manner of inserting the player into the game. I'd rather if he were some side-character.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/20...-come-to-life/

Same trailer + a tidbit of info.
Old 2012-07-20, 08:37   Link #73
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Wow, no wonder they've been too scared to show footage until now.
Yeah, seriously. It looks like they just have the characters stationary and move the background.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 09:25   Link #74
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

It looks exactly as I thought it was going to look, so I'm not underwhelmed, but this isn't a good thing either. It's... rather choppy.
Old 2012-07-20, 13:37   Link #75
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
I think it looks fantastic, but still a little choppy. So it's this, Neptunia V, or the AW PS3 game. Hm. It's tough enough choice..
Getting both LEs for now. 8P
Old 2012-07-20, 20:51   Link #76
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Wow, it looks kinda bad . Well, I won't hate on it TOO much, since they're trying something new. Still, I was kinda expecting Thousand Arms-type stuff here. Even though the 3D models in that game was S***, if the story+chars are..."enjoyable"( (>.>)...), it'd be worthwhile enough for a buy.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 01:31   Link #77
xizro345
King's Justice

Thousand Arms' battle system was horrendous and the story really fell apart in the last few hours....
Old 2012-07-21, 04:28   Link #78
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Thousand Arms' battle system was horrendous and the story really fell apart in the last few hours....
Still had interesting characters, the blacksmith concept was well-thought out and the survey type dating was fun at times.
Time and Eternity fighting system doesn't look anything better or more fun then that game to be honest, and they are years apart.

Overall theme of Time and Eternity doesn't interest me ether. If there are multiple endings then I might consider it.
Old 2012-07-21, 10:03   Link #79
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Still had interesting characters, the blacksmith concept was well-thought out and the survey type dating was fun at times.
Time and Eternity fighting system doesn't look anything better or more fun then that game to be honest, and they are years apart.

Overall theme of Time and Eternity doesn't interest me ether. If there are multiple endings then I might consider it.
Since time travel is involved, I would hope they would make multiple endings. In which I'll just default to the bad end where the prince ends up dying regardless.
Old 2012-07-21, 15:00   Link #80
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
When people say stiff do they mean like one of those old Don Bluth laserdisc games like Dragons Lair or like say a tales game.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote