Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-05-12, 22:03   Link #19061
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
For myself, Kallen loved Lelouch and no one else at the end of the show. I didn't really understand to need to see the crack pairing of Kagino as an possibililty. Then again, I don't ship crack pairings at all. Kallen never showed interest in any man except Lelouch during show. Kallen is an strong woman that never showed romantic interest in Gino at all or any one else(Turn 21 about not being able to move on from Lelouch showed it). She knew she didn't need another man if Lelouch died and she didn't know his feelings. Her loyalty is breath-taking.

Future speculation about romantic pairings that wasn't supported in the show seems pointless to me. Then again, I know people have fun that way. I just think its.....I'll just leave it at that.

Doesn't really matter to me if Kallen loves again or not. Series ended with Kallen in love with Lelouch still and no one else. So that's enough for me until shown otherwise.
Ah. Well, crack pairings are crack pairings. It's possible that some people just liked the chemistry she had with Gino --- not all Kallen/Gino shippers are in it for the true-love forever idea. Liking what little interaction they had and placing slightly romantic overtones on it for the sake of fanfic or whatever... *shrug* it's not really saying she needs a man, it's just enjoying a ship.

That quote, however, I will admit to having been a little iffy over. :/

As to the aggressiveness of KaLulu fandom, I can only shrug. I know I came late to the fandom, so I don't really know how everything started out, but as I mentioned, I don't think it's that horrible if someone thinks Kallen/Gino is canon despite evidence to the contrary. Shipping wars in general kind of confuse me. ^^
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 22:05   Link #19062
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
I remember when the episodes were airing. Mentioning Kalulu was something that most of the members here didn't like. Mention Lelouch with C.C/Shirley its all good. I remember getting bashed because I liked Kalulu and an few CluClu fans told me its doesn't make sense and its completely over. That I better start liking Kagino. Heck, back in those days they were very aggresive. I've never said anything like that to anyone before.
Lmao

Oh my such revisionist history. This never happened SonOfHeaven before Kalulu everything was peaceful and the fandom was so quiet.
Old 2009-05-12, 22:05   Link #19063
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
But the point is, defending something =/= aggressive.
Sure, at times it might get heated, debate is supposed to be like this, passionate, alive, but this does not mean aggressive-labels, should be delivered to each one's head, by the non-mistake pigeons.

All the fans, have gone through a stage like this. And guess what? We all survived, seen that, done the deed, went to better days. It is the way it is supposed to be.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 22:07   Link #19064
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I think I could have understood why people would like Kagino before turns 18/19/21 Turn 18 Gino telling Kallen her dreams won't come true. I don't think if Gino loved Kallen he would have said something like that. Then of course 19/21 which speaks for itself.

I can see why people people like the pairing. They look good but I never saw the chemistry so to speak. Maybe if I had shipping glasses I could have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Lmao

Oh my such revisionist history. This never happened SonOfHeaven before Kalulu everything was peaceful and the fandom was so quiet.
A few of the members sent me an couple of PMs. When I stated how I saw the turn 22 scene(Both characters eyes won't shown when they said goodbye, its an very common technique). I thought it was obvious Lelouch was hiding his feelings. I mentioned after turns 19/21. One way or the other Kallen was going to know what his feelings were. Since it was very important for Kallen's character.
Old 2009-05-12, 22:10   Link #19065
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Sure, at times it might get heated, debate is supposed to be like this, passionate, alive, but this does not mean aggressive-labels, should be delivered to each one's head, by the non-mistake pigeons.

All the fans, have gone through a stage like this. And guess what? We all survived, seen that, done the deed, went to better days. It is the way it is supposed to be.
How come we don't call anyone aggressive? i mean WE DON"T ARGUE WITH OURSELVES!

I've gone through pages with lots of people in the romance thread who have questioned my opinion, and I'll do it again tomorrow.

But how come I don't consider them aggressive? How come I didn't consider Sol falling aggressive when he declared Shirlulu canon a month after the show ended. How come I didn't call the herd of cluclu fans who were around back then aggressive.

Oh I see they left and since I still want to be around the fandom I am aggressive.

Dang that hurts my feelings
Old 2009-05-12, 22:10   Link #19066
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
It can be, depending on how it's defended.

But enough. I always get defensive over shipping wars. I get the feeling that if I'd been here at the height of fandom I'd have been fighting on your side all the way XD As it is, I only managed to get here once the anime was already over, so I only see the aftermath. XD
Old 2009-05-12, 22:14   Link #19067
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
It can be, depending on how it's defended.

But enough. I always get defensive over shipping wars. I get the feeling that if I'd been here at the height of fandom I'd have been fighting on your side all the way XD As it is, I only managed to get here once the anime was already over, so I only see the aftermath. XD
It is because, you see mostly, KallenxLelouch fans to post, this is why you think it is a huge snowball of aggressiveness.
You missed the Halcyon Days, where everyone was dancing around. {Kalulu fans too, it is not like they are perfect. Hell, we are all imperfect, the point is, to have a reason to support our imperfectness at least, not just be all smiley and "POVVVV"-card for every, single thing.}
Old 2009-05-12, 22:16   Link #19068
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Heh, yeah, I suppose. Me, I always go the smiley POV route, mostly because I find it less stressful. ^^'

Hey, I just noticed. You're from Greece? That's awesome! I went to Greece this spring break. 8D

/offtopic, random, and pointless.
Old 2009-05-12, 22:21   Link #19069
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
Heh, yeah, I suppose. Me, I always go the smiley POV route, mostly because I find it less stressful. ^^'

Hey, I just noticed. You're from Greece? That's awesome! I went to Greece this spring break. 8D

/offtopic, random, and pointless.
If it is off-topic, random and pointless, why did you post it then? 8DD //but yeah, i am.

Alright honest, enough with this matter, i think everyone got a piece of cake, back to our schedules if everyone agrees? //jesus, LJ can really drain you btw. 8D
Old 2009-05-12, 22:24   Link #19070
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

I am so addicted to LJ, it's not funny. LJ and ff.net. Mm, yaoi doujin and fanfic... *gets hold of self*

*trundles off to eat cake*

(and I mentioned it because... I had just noticed it. I don't know. I don't understand my thought processes XD)
Old 2009-05-12, 22:27   Link #19071
yvj
U Mad?

Is it me or is LJ impossible to navigate when checking threads?

I don't think its worth it to get irritated and not be able to follow the sources XD
Old 2009-05-12, 22:30   Link #19072
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Hm...? What are you having trouble with, yvj?
Old 2009-05-12, 22:35   Link #19073
yvj
U Mad?

I just get lost easily
Old 2009-05-12, 22:48   Link #19074
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Ah, okay. I see you found your way. ^^
Old 2009-05-12, 23:12   Link #19075
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Humm... I think people exaggerate sometimes... For both sides, the ones that can be really aggressive and the ones who find aggressiveness even in a "hello".

Well, i don't think the kalulus are really agressive, there's sometimes that one or the other go out of bounds, but that's only natural when there's a lot of people discussing and happens with everyone. You can't blame a whole group for one or two episodes.

And i want to pay a visit to Greece sometime, mostly because of 300, hehe. I need to see Leonidas statue.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 00:23   Link #19076
Nobodyman9
Banned

Hmm, seems I'm once again late to the party (damn, I hate working evenings) Well, I'm not sure how valuable or welcome one humble Shirlulu's opinion would be in this situation, but I guess it couldn't hurt. And I'll try to be as kind, understanding, and inoffensive as I can.

Truly, it would be quite ignorant to believe that there is no hostility between Kallen and Kalulu fans and other members of the Code Geass fanbase. I think a lot of this hostility is unwarranted and unneeded, but I can understand the underlying motivations behind it. I do sometimes think that non-Kallen fans overreact and that there is no need for their troll-ish and provocative behavior. And I too must face the fact that I have, in the past, acted in ways that could very well be categorized as "butthurt-ish". While the feelings behind these actions may be very real, we must learn to not respond in negative manners such as this.

However, I don't it's entirely fair to claim that the Kallen fans are free of fault. From what I've seen on this forum, the Kallen and Kalulu fans are a very very enthusiastic bunch and one the largest and most productive group in the whole community. However, I do think this newfound position, combined with a group mentality and propaganda has caused them to perhaps be a bit over-assertive. I certainly don't blame them for enjoying what they like and I admire their enthusiasm, but many people can see this as overbearing at times. People must realize that, even when they are a majority, that there is an entire community around them and not all people may be as enthusiastic about their views as they are.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying and promoting your views, granted it's in a reasonable and constructive mannter, but there's also something to be said for humility. I do consider myself and my fellow Shirlulus, on the whole, to be a humble bunch (comparatively anyway). You know how we learned humility? Half our ship died 3/4 of the way into the show. But I digress.

This food for thought has been brought to you by Shirlulu. "Taking the Code Geass world one humble step at a time."

Last edited by Nobodyman9; 2009-05-13 at 14:34.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 04:35   Link #19077
Levy
differently sober

I think we've discussed enough in the past about the borderline between being persistent in a discussion and getting personal and/or aggressive, I don't really feel the need to reash all of this, and I guess you gusy are able to make self-criticism and understand if and when there are times in wich you are too aggressive/judgemental/personal in your quest to elighten us non-believers with the greatness of Kalulu.

I don't go to fandom secret on a daily basis, I have no idea if there has been any about other CG couples, I remember to have seen a couple of anti- yaoi fans about Lulu an Rollo/Suzaku.

The secrets are quite dull, not even that stingy and moreover they are not Kallen-hate post - they basically say 'I love this pairing/character but I hate the way its fanbase is acting'.
Nothing really new.
Someone is not pleased with the way you ship Kalulu, guys, are you really that surprised?

If you want to, you can make a secret in reply, you'd surely have a lot of fun with that.
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 06:11   Link #19078
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Ah bleh, I can understand some posters, but just to see "Kay willow" killed me (Hey Kagino = Canonical interest in each other please.)

Now, I'm not surprised by this general idea, just like someone above me said, there is always a big bad wold gang in every fandom. The only difference with kalulu s that, at the start, they were more of the black sheep but there defenders weren't ok with that...XD
And well, when we see that Kallen's thread is this huge, we can't help but remember it was because of the great ammount of trolls, bashing her of shipping her with every guy of the show.

And since we are saying in France that the best defense is attack, Kalulu fans simply stand their ground.
And well, if you add to that that we are quiet numerous, that we got some big mouths in the fandom, and that we got more to back up than simple "interpretation" thing, I guess we can seem obnoxious (But coming from "her" it's just LOL, sorry)

If I was a CluClu fan, I would hate myself for example. Not that I bash C.C. or CluClu (though i'm a CluClu cause Lulu is alive hater, it can't be denied) but I guess that my "I always saw them as accomplices and in the end, as friends" can be seen as ZOMG denial by their fans.

But On the other side, I'd rather be an agressive fan than a butthurt one.
Matter of point of view.

(But lol at what those secret said. I don't remember having ever bashed any other girl lol. I guess it's impossible to love Kallen and still like C.C.)
And do those people know the meaning of "Mary Sue"...? Cause that's exactly what some tried to make of C.C. during the serie...and I don't remember any one trying to say "it's not Kallen's fault if she is killing blablabla"

And lol, from what I learnt, in the Seed fandom, the agressive ones were Asucaga's fans (I am a fan but I wasn't part of the english fandom, so no, thank you, I'm not related to that XD), because of Meyrin...funny to see that Meyrin is for Athrun just like Gino for Kallen XD

We got as well Ichiruki's fans, 1x2 fans (But it was crack, come on girls), ...and I guess there are many others but I don't remember....

And to love someone is sexist now. Damn, some girls should take a look at their mirror before to show their fangs to anime girls.
(And no Yvj, it wasn't. Guess some people need to let behind them fandom and take a look to their classics. Cause for this line to have been twisted this way...I feel shameful for them.)
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 06:18   Link #19079
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Let me just say that, when a person goes to the Image thread and finds almost nothing but Kallen pics have been posted and that character isn't exacly his/her "cup of tea" I think you can understand how people might become insecure and defensive about their situation. It doesn't excuse the lengths that they go to though.
I had no problems with the post until I saw this. Which almost knocked me out of my chair. I've followed the image thread for a long time and there hasn't been an influx of red until recently with Kakashi bombing it with some Kallen fan service.

If anyone could complain about Kallen pics in that thread after following it for so long then their hatred for that character runs unimaginably deeper than it not being said person's "cup of tea." Hell I've seen enough C.C pics on the net to last a life time, and it rolls right off my back.

I will ROFLMAO forever at anyone who is so insecure about seeing Kallen pictures that they need to complain about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
(And no Yvj, it wasn't. Guess some people need to let behind them fandom and take a look to their classics. Cause for this line to have been twisted this way...I feel shameful for them.)
Thank you, that was my line of thinking myself. I'm surprised people jumped to such conclusions.
Old 2009-05-13, 06:29   Link #19080
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post

Thank you, that was my line of thinking myself. I'm surprised people jumped to such conclusions.
Well, like i said to one poster there, if it out of context and stuff, it might get seen like this, but anyway, the one that made the secret was from here, so yeah, you get it.

Btw, lol, 10 e-mails-LJ-replies with attacks towards me today, wow, guess it is hard to be a Kalulu fan and pwning. LOL

Honest now, the wank transferred to LJ, classy. Really.