AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 113 Rating
Perfect 10 50 45.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 25.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 11.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.83%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-03, 19:29   Link #301
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
If all 3 are released miria has no chance at all, so I expect one by one or 2 versus mira
that is of course assuming Miria will actually live through the series even though she got saved now, it could of just been so there is an excuse for mass deaths or a plot reason to rush the 3 former number 1's.

Miria may yet die (kinda like it was safe to assume Illena was dead but then she reappeared before being killed off) infact she could even be the first to die (just as the rest of the ghosts arrive after taking care of the lab).
Old 2011-03-03, 19:32   Link #302
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
You may not like the way Yagi did this (tired of debating the Miria/warrior teaming up at the moment), but I have to point out the term deux ex machine means something else unless used very loosely.

It might be a Fridge Brilliance (aka: Miria was killed (I hate this)... oh, wait that was all bull shit (I love the twist) and now she has an army. It's when the author is being too smart for the plots good) and raftela was the ass pull to get Miria to in a situation to win the warriors favor rather than just saying "I took your bases and I'm the new queen bitch so you'll do as I say" if things where to progress the way they where going without Raftela being there. So this isn't really a true deux ex machine... though the line between ass pulls is blurry at best. In other words the whole point of her defeat was to win her army, since she couldn't "win" by winning.

Point is, her coming back was more about earning the warriors trust than anything. Surprise, Raftela was just the method to cause the all powerful Miria to get the chance to tell the warriors about the org and for them to choose to side with her. Since who would have sided with the women that just beat them up and killed the only hope humanity had from the warriors point of view had Raftela's hax power not stopped her.

For the record I don't dislike what Yagi did beyond the cheesy factor... I'm more just pointing out how to correctly view what he did writing wise and one can draw there own conclusion if they hate/like it from there.
I think the "Fridge Brillliance" (Ain't TVTropes wonderful?) is more like this:

Miria spares everyone she fights, going with knocking out instead of killing. This leads to her being defeated. Seems foolish, no?

The brilliance kicks in when you realize that this "foolish action" is actually what managed to save her life. If she hadn't spared her opponents, someone else would have dealt the finishing blow after the mindscrew, someone who may not have been so forgiving to the killer of her comrades...

So it was Fridge Brilliance, just a little differently. I also have to agree that there are some hints of Asspull hanging in the air (I love the smell of etc. etc.) Like Raftela's mindreading and Ebi-chan showing humanity while she was supposed to have been conditioned from an even younger age then A+B, but oh well. Miria's alive, epic Revolution is afoot (way to stay relevant with current events Yagi :P). Now some Clare in the next chap, and I'll be a happy reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
that is of course assuming Miria will actually live through the series even though she got saved now, it could of just been so there is an excuse for mass deaths or a plot reason to rush the 3 former number 1's.

Miria may yet die (kinda like it was safe to assume Illena was dead but then she reappeared before being killed off) infact she could even be the first to die (just as the rest of the ghosts arrive after taking care of the lab).
That would be painful, Tabby being confronted with the fact that "Miria-Sama" could really have been saved if she'd chosen to go to HQ first. Wouldn't really put it past Yagi.
Old 2011-03-03, 19:54   Link #303
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:

If that happen it will be a much better ending for her – the leader; oh well, why clare don’t borrow her protagonist armor to her just for a little bit, is not like she need it right now.
Still, with her around I can see a claymore 2 at the mainland, someone to plan ahead.
Old 2011-03-03, 19:56   Link #304
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Still, with her around I can see a claymore 2 at the mainland, someone to plan ahead.
not sure i'm following, there are already claymores on the mainland?

edit: oh you mean sequel kinda like rosario + vampire 2 season 2 manga, yes that is possible
Old 2011-03-03, 19:57   Link #305
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
True, but it's hard to believe Priscilla's arm split three ways to revive dead bodies would give them the strength of AOs. I mean it's possible, Priscilla essentially has infinite energy, nobody has ever assessed through fighting or sensing how strong she really is.
No one has infinite energy; she has her limits, we've just haven't seen them yet. I've always felt she was somewhere between 3-4x AO; anything beyond 4xAO is too extreme, whilst we know she's over 2xAO.

No doubt Priscilla's arm will give those three intense regeneration abilities and/or suppression.

I wouldn't mind seeing Teresa again, so long as it was some sort of flashback or dream sequence like with Jean inside Raciella.

--

A sequel is really the only way I would be happy with the mainland and so on....I don't know how far Yagi plans too go, but before he deviants too much, he should finish everything on the island first and keep everything on the mainland etc a seperate sequel.
Old 2011-03-03, 20:22   Link #306
Quicksword

Really good Chapter...Miria...that was amazing. What a great and risky plan to make a serious statement. I love the General...
Old 2011-03-03, 20:35   Link #307
manmmlala

flaws in the eng translation

after reading the Chinese version, I believe there are some translation mistakes/flaws in the English translation:

1. Cassandra is not the strongest of all the no.1s, the 3 corpses we saw are the strongest among those no.1s who have no physical deficiencies, while Cassandra is the strongest among the 3 --> thus the MiBs didn't deny/agree that Teresa is still the strongest no.1 ever <-- while I doubt that they know the truth

2. Anastasia's textbox: "if this organization that gives birth to awakened is really run by the organization", the first "organization" should be replaced by "facility", the sentence flows more smoothly in this way

3. Alicia and beth's box: there wasn't an attack orchestrated by alicia and beth/the organization didn't use this as an excuse, the more logical/accurate translation should be: "the no.1 and no.2 we have never seen left the organization (to hunt Riful)", that's why the warriors were gathered at the organization to prepare for any attacks

4. i already doubted why the same message "overwhelming power. her body was like a phantom" would appear twice on different pages; when miria first appeared, the text should be like this: "but there was only one person in front of us, a warrior, just like us"
Old 2011-03-03, 20:37   Link #308
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
A sequel is really the only way I would be happy with the mainland and so on....I don't know how far Yagi plans too go, but before he deviants too much, he should finish everything on the island first and keep everything on the mainland etc a seperate sequel.
the issue though is would claymore season 2 be in name only? afterall it would be unreasonable to expect Miria or any of the ghosts to hold much importance and standing on the mainland let alone would they even care to head to the mainland?

they are not going to be just dealing with a minor organization with less than 100 troops but massive kingdoms with thousands if not millions of troops each.

in the case of Miria heading to the mainland with her army and they chose to try and defeat the org they will be not only sealing their own fate but all of human kind since the DoD's will want to exterminate the human's.
Old 2011-03-03, 20:45   Link #309
manmmlala

Quote:
All warriors are abyssal level – dae says it. he also says that Cassandra or something was half awakened ( pass her level). The real question is if Teresa may come back or not. At this point is all about liking that or not. I think its possible because only a small part of her has been used even if it is considered vital. Besides that she is the most powerful one ( mib perspective). I would say 50 % and I bet that until all have been show up we will have spoilers saying that teresa has come back.
a more accurate explanation/translation should be:
when cassandra passed her level, she was torn into pieces by the warriors hunting her
Old 2011-03-03, 20:47   Link #310
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmmlala View Post
a more accurate explanation/translation should be:
when cassandra passed her level, she was torn into pieces by the warriors hunting her
the translation I have says she tore them (as in the ones that were with her at the time) then the next group attacked her but it took hours for her to die.

are you sure your one is right? (could be my one is wrong though)
Old 2011-03-03, 20:47   Link #311
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
the issue though is would claymore season 2 be in name only? afterall it would be unreasonable to expect Miria or any of the ghosts to hold much importance and standing on the mainland let alone would they even care to head to the mainland?

they are not going to be just dealing with a minor organization with less than 100 troops but massive kingdoms with thousands if not millions of troops each.

in the case of Miria heading to the mainland with her army and they chose to try and defeat the org they will be not only sealing their own fate but all of human kind since the DoD's will want to exterminate the human's.
Which is why I'm holding out on there even being a sequel to begin with; personally, I'm not at all interested in the war on the mainland etc etc unless we find out if it's more relavent.

Right now, the way I see it, from the perspective of the islanders, what's happening on the mainland is like what's happening on another planet; at this point in time, it's not supremely relevant to them, just a side-matter - it's at the very bottom of their list of priorities.

You're right Kenshin; extremely new original stuff would have to be created in order for anything regarding the mainland to be done, which is why I feel like a sequel is better since, by then, we're devianting too much from the early volumes and what's been around for ages; heck, to a degree, the story has already deviated extremely (the original 3 Abyssals being dead for one), to the distaste of some people.
Old 2011-03-03, 20:48   Link #312
BlackMagister

Quote:
If that happen it will be a much better ending for her – the leader; oh well, why clare don’t borrow her protagonist armor to her just for a little bit, is not like she need it right now.
Or Yagi could what he did with Angel Densetsu and just finish the island battle, leaving the rest up to the fan's imagination even with unanswered questions left. Angel Densetsu is a school life manga which never had a conclusive event, just a satisfying moment to end the series on. We did not see Kitano graduate, just a small event that marked progression after a major conflict.

Of course Angel Densetsu was a comedy and a school life manga and as Yagi put it in his afterword we knew enough about Kitano to have a general idea what would happen in almost any situation by then.

Personally I'm guessing he won't go to the mainland and instead leave it up to our imaginations as I don't see the island concluding the mainland war (although the mainland may come to the island). I would be sad to see Claymore end, but at the same time excited to see what new series he would make even though it would probably be a long wait.
Old 2011-03-03, 20:51   Link #313
manmmlala

Quote:
Yes I know that. Just saying that one of them is half awakened like miria is and a lot more strong this way.

The mibs don’t know if they have warriors more powerful then abyssal, they simple throw away to the air some numbers. They said that numbers 1 always become abyssal level if they awake, but they didn’t know if more powerful is possible or they would use the zero number or something.

Rafatela is going to play some big role in the big fight coming. Lol, if she was capable of stopping miria that is more powerful than her…..
i think Rafatela's skill is similar to that of Galatea, you may fool a strong opponent at the first time (like Argatha), but after the opponent has seen your trick, they won't fall into the trap anymore
Old 2011-03-03, 20:51   Link #314
Newhope

I don't think we'll ever see the main land, and why would anybody on the Island even care about what's going on over there.

Once the ORG's gone they'd have no connection to the mainland even DnD should have no interest unless there the must kill all humans type.
Old 2011-03-03, 20:52   Link #315
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Once the ORG's gone they'd have no connection to the mainland even DnD should have no interest unless there the most kill all humans type.
from the orgs perspective it is a loose end, sometime in the future the org would make sure to wipe out anything on the island.
Old 2011-03-03, 20:55   Link #316
manmmlala

Quote:
the translation I have says she tore them (as in the ones that were with her at the time) then the next group attacked her but it took hours for her to die.

are you sure your one is right? (could be my one is wrong though)
i read the Chinese translation, it is the other way round

either way, it's still kinda odd:

1. if Cassandra awakens and tore the warriors, who can kill her? how can she remain the form as a human?

2. if Cassandra was killed and torn right at the moment she was going to awaken, why did Dea said it still took hours for her to die? she couldn't awaken after she was torn? how could she even able to survive even having torn apart?

but i still think (2) is more logical, if Cassandra already awakens, it is impossible for her to die
Old 2011-03-03, 20:56   Link #317
manmmlala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I don't think we'll ever see the main land, and why would anybody on the Island even care about what's going on over there.

Once the ORG's gone they'd have no connection to the mainland even DnD should have no interest unless there the must kill all humans type.
i would like to have another series covering the mainland, mayb the monsters there are even stronger than priscilla; and there are more political and military stuff too
Old 2011-03-03, 20:57   Link #318
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmmlala View Post
i read the Chinese translation, it is the other way round

either way, it's still kinda odd:

1. if Cassandra awakens and tore the warriors, who can kill her? how can she remain the form as a human?

2. if Cassandra was killed and torn right at the moment she was going to awaken, why did Dea said it still took hours for her to die? she couldn't awaken after she was torn? how could she even able to survive even having torn apart?

but i still think (2) is more logical, if Cassandra already awakens, it is impossible for her to die
possibly (though not likely) it was similar to Lucelia, that cassandra fought to she could no longer maintain her awakened form? though I believe in this case rafael1932 may be right that she is the orgs first and only half awakened one.
Old 2011-03-03, 21:03   Link #319
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
now riddle me this:

From the time when Miria takes out Tabitha back at Rabona, to her been (supposely.....) slayed by claymores, to her appearance at the Org Gathering....

how many days has it been????
sorry to bring this up again, but is there anyone brave enough to answer my question?.
It's been bothering since she appeared in this chapter and fairly quickly I might add.
If only she showed up when Deneve(or was it Tabitha....) group fought against the Org, it might of been different.
Old 2011-03-03, 21:04   Link #320
manmmlala

Quote:

perhaps the organization finds the clayrexpriscilla blob and transports it to the mainland for research or destructive purposes, and miria and the ghosts follow to save clare

but man, that's lame, i know
Closed Thread