AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

Old 2008-10-09, 10:49   Link #621
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
Just finished watching episode 02, and decided is far too boring for me. Having played the game doesn't cut i as I can't find any "highlights" in this anime.
*drops*
Old 2008-10-09, 11:06   Link #622
NoLongerSane

I am actually looking forward to how many skits they can animate that can coincide with the story. I am really wanting to see how they animate the upcoming God Generals fights in the next episode.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 12:54   Link #623
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Japan View Post
First impression: Quite a long opening, almost as long as One Piece's opening...
I also felt that the opening was quite long.

Though, I dont watch that many shows, so I dont know if it's actually that rare to see such a long intro.
Old 2008-10-09, 15:33   Link #624
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
It is a tad bit long. 2:10.
Old 2008-10-09, 15:59   Link #625
FireChick

Meh, I don't mind. I saw episode 2 just now and...awwwww!!! Mieu is SO FLIPPING CUTE~!!! I cracked up when she fried Luke like a hamburger! That was crack-tastic!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 17:02   Link #626
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

Yeah, the opening could be cut by about 45 seconds and it would sound the same.
I had a feeling that the Mieu was going to become the mascot sidekick by the end of the episode... that fire breath will come in handy. (Well, judging from the preview, it definetly will.)
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 17:31   Link #627
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

The OP is the exact same version of Karma used for the game, down to the length. Maybe I'm just used to it or something, totally doesn't feel it's long. Not sure how you can cut it 45 seconds short and it'll still be the same wonderful spoiler-filled opening that we all come to love. (Talking about the lyric, by the way.)
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 17:53   Link #628
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I personally love the OP, it could take up half the episode and I probably wouldn't even mind.

Watching this series is actually the first time I've heard the Japanese voices for these characters, and wow, the real Tear sounds so much better than the monotone English Tear I can barely put it into words. Having her "cute" moments actually be cute, as opposed to "That's so cute" spoken in pretty much the same tone as "Luke, you're an idiot" is great.

I actually like Anise's English voice quite a bit better than the Japanese though, but I hate her anyway (prepares for flames) so it doesn't really matter much.

I haven't decided if I find Mieu cute or annoying, it's a very fine line.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 18:03   Link #629
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
The OP is the exact same version of Karma used for the game, down to the length. Maybe I'm just used to it or something, totally doesn't feel it's long. Not sure how you can cut it 45 seconds short and it'll still be the same wonderful spoiler-filled opening that we all come to love. (Talking about the lyric, by the way.)
I think the scenes and images used flow better in the game's opening though.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 18:23   Link #630
TypeR
Fate X Destiny

wow! Loving this anime very much Mieu~~! Things are looking just like the game...even though I never finished it...stopped half-way XP I'm surprised they used the same opening song as the PS2 game version.

But this is great...first Tales TV series!
Old 2008-10-09, 18:53   Link #631
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I think the 'Score Visualization' cut-and-paste cost cutting measure for the OP (( where they show scenes from the episode they're showing )) could've been done more artistically, but that's about the only complaint I'll give the OP. (( Ignoring comparisons with the game OP, of course, due to the immense difference of quality, cost, and time in construction of the 2. One had freaking Norio Matsumoto, even ignoring the amazing quality I.G churns for all its out-sourced game OPs/cutscenes. )) Been a big fan of 'Karma' ever since the game, and it actually feels short rather than long once you're sucked into it.

Besides, it's not like it affects the length of the show itself greatly, since the ED subsides by having the next episode preview within a non-extended ED.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 21:53   Link #632
Scarlett_Rain55

How come some of the cheagles walk on 4 feet, and why does cutie Mieu float? XD
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 22:05   Link #633
RahX

^ That's because of the sorcerer ring...

Spoiler for Not sure if it's a spoiler but...:
RahX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 22:34   Link #634
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
I expected to be bored watching this as I still remember the story of the game well enough to not be surprised much,but it's actually pretty enjoyable so far. The intro is fine but the ending could've been a little more upbeat and lighthearted considering how serious the opening is.

I'm pretty partial to Anise and I definitely prefer the english dubber which is saying a lot! She sounded cute and childish without being screamy and annoying, it's usually the other way around with the ng and japanese versions. Also, I dunno which I prefer between Tear's english VA and the Japanese. They're like opposites,but they both have their strengths. Everyone else is pretty much the same level imho.
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 23:23   Link #635
TrueKnight

I always though that the cheagles are like monkeys that could walk with 2 or 4 feet.

Anyway, OT,

Spoiler:
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 03:51   Link #636
kamikazex

man what an awesome start
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 05:10   Link #637
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Hoh~, the official website updated with the title, summary, and one pic of episodes 3-6.
It's quite amusing that they are also adding and explaining the terminology as it goes along...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 06:05   Link #638
Bobu44
Gaku Translator

I'd say the anime attracts a whole new demographic so those new fans who haven't played the game would be appreciating those small tidbit pics and killing themselves waiting for the next episode

But yea, not everyone owns a PS2 or has the time to finish a long role playing game, but nearly everyone should have access to a TV
Bobu44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 09:47   Link #639
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

I love such fantasy animes.
The setting, magic, swordfights and everything reminds me of my childhood ... playing with my Legos hehehe
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 09:56   Link #640
uis

The OP is good and good start...
I hope they follow game storyline...

Actually I like OP very much and Tear voice very much...
Disappoint with Luke voice... I hope it more arrogant voice...

But the most I like is Ion... How cute...
uis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy