Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-04, 06:05   Link #1
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

A curious question

I asked this in manga/anime identification request. But was pointed to here, so here it's:

Is there an anime/manga that has a mature female character but with a not-so-developed body (loli you can say), befriend with (or is a sister of) a girl with vice versa features (childish but have fully developed body)?

Btw, both of them should be around the same age in their teenager.

The best example i can think of is Chief Saki and Haruka in Kanamemo. But Saki's loli because she's elementary student, and it's arguable if she's mature
... and Haruka's not quite childish.....
Old 2009-11-04, 07:06   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Curious question indeed, but never fear for I have two suggestions:

I would say Kannagi for all the wrong reason and point out to Nagi (under developed, but not a loli) who becomes a very good friend with Tsugumi. As far as I'm concerned, they are both very mature.

The one other show that comes to mind at this instance is Asatte no Houko. I don't want to give away the premise but it delivers exactly what you are looking for after a bit of twist in the opening episode.
Old 2009-11-04, 09:08   Link #3
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Curious question indeed, but never fear for I have two suggestions:

I would say Kannagi for all the wrong reason and point out to Nagi (under developed, but not a loli) who becomes a very good friend with Tsugumi. As far as I'm concerned, they are both very mature.

The one other show that comes to mind at this instance is Asatte no Houko. I don't want to give away the premise but it delivers exactly what you are looking for after a bit of twist in the opening episode.
Spoiler for Kannagi:

Spoiler for Asatte no Houko:

I will explain how i got the idea so that you guys may clearly see what i expected.
Was watching "Seitokai no Ichizon" this morning when they showed how the level of mature clearly matched the character's look (if you watched this, you knows who are these two). Then right after that, they mentioned about how "looks can be deceived". That's when i got the idea: what if they have a character that almost look like a child but very mature , pairing up with a childish but tall and endowed girl. Well it exist in case of master-maid relationship (e.g. Wataru- Saki in HnG), so i start to get rid the difference in society role and have them as purely friend or family instead.

It will be something like Rika and Mion (in Higurashi) but they have age gaps and are not really that close. Oh wait, i found a better example: Yuno and Miyako in Hidamari Sketch (their personalities are not that different through)
Old 2009-11-04, 09:41   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I didn't know I was talking to someone who is well-versed in his anime.

Now that I've a clear grasp of exactly what you are looking for, may I suggest that you patent your idea? More than likely this concept hasn't been done yet which automatically increases the potential for such in the near future. Seitokai no Ichizon has its moment that's for certain.

Another show that comes to mind is Kurenai. The difference here is the loli is acting her age most of the time but still shows clear signs of maturity here and there.

edit: Oh my gosh... I think I might have found the one matching your criteria... it's called *drum roll* Dears.
Old 2009-11-04, 10:02   Link #5
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I understand what you mean in Kurenai, and it's likely that i will check out Dears asap just for that.

Lol at your patent suggestion and thank to keep up will my silly curiosity
Old 2009-11-05, 15:05   Link #6
Kazu
Flowing

Liz and Patty from Soul eater I think,but they're both sisters,but I think they fit most of your description
Old 2009-11-05, 15:37   Link #7
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Girls Bravo maybe? But I think most of the girls are well stacked, so yeah.