AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-08, 02:48   Link #12801
Chris38

As was rereading the manga something caught my attention, in chapter 18 of Season II on page 30 Runy has said that How he has become Tsukune is ... already able to feel things normal humans can't

What do you think she meant by that statement, that Tsukune has become able to sense youkai aura, or has she meant something else ??

Also in the next page she says that He's at least still human though .. well she could mean that Tsukune has still got his humanity intact ( that his heart is still human ) becuase I don't think we can call Tsukune ( physically ) a human, well he's at least partially human .... but connected with what was said before, maybe she means that Tsukune's "transformation" has reached another step ... or I could be reading too much into it

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-01-08 at 03:00.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 03:56   Link #12802
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
As was rereading the manga something caught my attention, in chapter 18 of Season II on page 30 Runy has said that How he has become Tsukune is ... already able to feel things normal humans can't

What do you think she meant by that statement, that Tsukune has become able to sense youkai aura, or has she meant something else ??

Also in the next page she says that He's at least still human though .. well she could mean that Tsukune has still got his humanity intact ( that his heart is still human ) becuase I don't think we can call Tsukune ( physically ) a human, well he's at least partially human .... but connected with what was said before, maybe she means that Tsukune's "transformation" has reached another step ... or I could be reading too much into it
Er... the fact that he has the same senses as a vampire is what the first part is saying. And the second part is referring to his humanity, not human as in physically human. To be human is to be compassionate and that's what Tsukune is.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 04:35   Link #12803
Chris38

What do you guys think is going to happen in the next arc ?

I kinda hope will see some kind of development in Tsukune's "vampire side" and I want him to finally kick someone's ass. I don't think that the Yakuza guys count ( since Tsukune was obviously physically stronger then them, but at least beating them up helped Tsukune regain his spirits ) and he couldn't beat the Siren guy from Fairy Tail ( at least it was nice knowing that Tsukune actually progressed and is not an amateur in fighting like he was before ). I mean I don't think that Tsukune should defeat a vampire, because I don't think he is at that level yet (but who knows, I don't think all vampires are as strong as Inner Moka, so Tsukune might have a chance of defeating a average vampire - we simply don't have enough information to judge how Tsukune is compared to a "average vampire), but he should be able to defeat someone strong without assistance.

Well what I would also like to get is some new information about Moka's family, which might not be so impossible to get since I think it was mentioned at the beginning of Season II ( when Kokoa was introduced ) that it was actually Moka's mother who developed the principals that made Moka's seal work and with that seal weakening, who besides Moka's mother would know how to fix the Rosario.

I know we should expect that the Wong's family will somehow get involved, I don't think that Tsukune and Moka will actually join the mafia, but they might consider helping the Wong siblings in their problem (which, unless some new "fraction" enters the scene is possibly related to Fairy Tail ) for information about Moka's seal.

So I have huge aspirations on how this story arc could develop, probably because of the recent filers ... maybe I shouldn't hope for so many things to actually happen in this arc, but I couldn't help it

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-01-09 at 06:12.
Old 2010-01-09, 08:17   Link #12804
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I expect a load of Wong for at least an arc, so that we can move on an either integrate him into the popular cast or leave him as a reference for later on...whichever way the story goes, Wong will be in it
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 11:26   Link #12805
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I expect a load of Wong for at least an arc, so that we can move on an either integrate him into the popular cast or leave him as a reference for later on...whichever way the story goes, Wong will be in it
Well, so far I have mixed feelings about the addition of the Wong siblings into the story, but it might be because so far they where only used in comedic and gag situations ( like for example chapter 25 ). So I might change my opinion about them when we see them doing something in a serious plot, because right now I think that they aren't needed in the story at all.

The only plus to their addition to the story I see right now is, that thanks to their actions Inner Moka has started to become more honest with her feelings, well I might change my opinion later, but I think for now haven't we got enough important characters appearing in the story already?

Well, it might be possible that later Fong Fong will become interested in one of the girls that make Tsukune's harem and that's why he was added to the plot, but it's just a guess and frankly speaking I don't think that it will happen, but who knows what the author was thinking about when he, introduced Wong Fong Fong in chapter 23.
Old 2010-01-09, 16:03   Link #12806
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

New arc? We just started one here.

Oh, and I bought the first five volumes at Barnes & Noble last night.
Old 2010-01-10, 00:52   Link #12807
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
New arc? We just started one here.

Oh, and I bought the first five volumes at Barnes & Noble last night.
I'm talking about what the arc that just started, could be about ... sorry if I confused you DragoZERO.
Old 2010-01-10, 04:25   Link #12808
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Well, it might be possible that later Fong Fong will become interested in one of the girls that make Tsukune's harem and that's why he was added to the plot, but it's just a guess and frankly speaking I don't think that it will happen
I thought that would be the most obvious outcome though...but I don't want him joining the newspaper club, he's not a girl after all and Gin's in only because he's the prez!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 06:55   Link #12809
Ged
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I thought that would be the most obvious outcome though...but I don't want him joining the newspaper club, he's not a girl after all and Gin's in only because he's the prez!
+ Gin never shows up there xD so he only has the title of being the prez... ^^

But I gotta say that I personaly would consider it as an really interestin outcome if guys start to gather up and steal Tsukunes harem away one by one... but I HIGHLY doupt that will happen. xD The whole genre would change.. it wouldn't be harem manga anymore.
Ged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 07:16   Link #12810
Johnny
Working the bags...

For Gin it all depends how far the story will go. If it goes past this year school wise, then Gin is history. Unless the chairman gives him some faculty position like he did Ruby.
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 10:47   Link #12811
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Gin is gonna go work at the beach house with Sun. And then when the final battle happens, he'll show up with her and help Tsukune.
Old 2010-01-10, 11:39   Link #12812
Chris38

Since we are already discussing what Gin is going to do after he graduates, who do you think will become the new president of the newspaper club when Gin retires ( for me it seems like it will be Tsukune ), and I think that the author should start putting new members in the club, because at this moment the only member left, when Tsukune and the rest of the team graduate is going to be Kokoa ( if she doesn't resign from school when her sister graduates from the academy )
Old 2010-01-10, 11:58   Link #12813
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

It's definitely going to be Tsukune.
Old 2010-01-10, 20:07   Link #12814
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Yeah, it'll be Tsukune. If he isn't elected it by the rest of the harem/club, it will be thrust upon him by Nekonome-sensei.
Old 2010-01-12, 14:10   Link #12815
Chris38

Well I sort of had a insight recently, do you think that after Tsukune graduates from Youkai Academy, will he return to the human world ?

I mean he has changed quite a lot, so he might not fit into the human world anymore. There is also the matter that Tsukune has gotten himself quite a reputation in the underworld of the Youkai world and I don't think that every youkai that have connections with the underworld, are happy about Tsukune's reputation. What I wanted to say that if Tsukune returns to the human world his family could be endangered .... well of course he can defend himself, but that would mean exposing his family the existence of ayashii.

So, I don't think it is a wise idea for Tsukune to return to the human world, I think that in the end Tsukune is going to stay in the youkai world ... since he has become a half youkai already.
Old 2010-01-12, 14:14   Link #12816
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

They all always eventually return to the real world. "Youkai world" is just a term akin to that of saying "World of War", it's a matter of awareness. It's not a separate world or anything of the sort. The academy is only invisible because of the barrier.
Old 2010-01-12, 14:26   Link #12817
Chris38

Then why did Inner Moka said at the end of Season I of the manga said " remaining in the human world or being a resident in the monster world " when talking to Tsukune ?.

We also have villages where only youkai live ( I mean the Yuki-Onna village, and if you remember it was also surrounded by some kind of a barrier ).

I don't think that the Youkai Academy is the only place that is built for youkai to live in ( well, there are exceptions ... to everything so ... ), I mean I don't remember the manga saying that there aren't other "places" which are usually hidden from humans.

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-01-12 at 15:02.
Old 2010-01-12, 18:22   Link #12818
KoSa333

I don't think, the academy was built in the purpose of teaching the monters how to live with humans in the human "world" after graduating. Everyone will return.
I don't really remember to the barrier of Yuki-Onna village but I remember to a human boy there.. Maybe there are more youkai villages in the world it would be hardly enough to every monster (and of course tsukune doesn't have his "own" village to live in, he has a family and many-many girlfriends who wish to live with him they will able to defend his family and it's only a matter of time when the secret is going to be revealed..)
An other option is to buy a house and live seperately from his family.
KoSa333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 18:44   Link #12819
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm pretty sure there are certain species that erected barrier around their villages that separates them from the humans. But that doesn't mean it's a different world, its a figure of speech.
Old 2010-01-12, 19:25   Link #12820
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Well, I agree that the youkai "world" isn't separate, but I think what is meant is more of social association rather than an actual place. But then again, there are separate pockets of youkai civilization her and there so it might be possible to relate the literal and metaphorical implications there as well.

But if what the Bus Driver and Nekonome did during Sun's arc was to temporarily enclose Marin's inn in a barrier, that could have meant that the inn was for a short time put into the so-called youkai world to hide the battle being waged there. So it could be said that the mysterious house right next door to you could also be located in Youkai territory. Even if the house itself was still visible, what goes on there probably isn't visible to the outside onlooker.

Where as the stronger barriers like the Grand Barrier not only renders the premises it's protecting invisible, it may also stretch space in such a way that if you walked in the direction of the school from the outside, the distorted space would displace the area so that you could literally be standing with both feet on opposite sides of the barrier as if you were standing over an invisible model of the entire school and it's surroundings, compressed to maybe the size of that computer mouse in your hand.

If those barriers collapse, earth suddenly gains a few square miles of extra land that hasn't been accounted for in current maps, and other side effects as well.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire