AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-30, 21:32   Link #521
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

& oh did anyone notice finale ep also a certian drink can called "mountain boo" http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...vlipo1_500.png
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 21:49   Link #522
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

nobody has the gif I could ask or do it for me ....?
Old 2012-07-01, 02:35   Link #523
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I thought the last episode would end with more tears and more drama. I would have like that. I just felt underwhelm with the ending though. I guess the first and last episodes where the worst episodes of the show. I didn't care for the yuri stuff since that's not the reason why I even watch it in first place. Overall, this series was great. The whole fantasy stuff just felt fresh and original. Sphere did a great job with the songs and the voice acting. I never though Tsumugi's voice would sound so different.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 02:58   Link #524
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Well I was satisfied with the final episode a decent end to the series, I enjoyed a good bit more than I thought I would. overall 7~8/10 for me. Saki and Natsumi were definitely my favorites of the show, but it developed all 4 of them somewhat well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Spoiler for Girls' Life 12 - ...And What Happened That Day:
Spoiler for Agreed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
nobody has the gif I could ask or do it for me ....?
I can't even see the image you tried to post .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 03:06   Link #525
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I can't even see the image you tried to post .
I spoke to a gif of this scene:

Spoiler for scene:

I would love someone to do this scene to GIF The time when Natsumi it "appears" on stage until she squats blushing
Old 2012-07-01, 21:35   Link #526
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well this was a sweet anime 4 friends last summer together all have fun but the last episode of endless eight

8/10
Old 2012-07-01, 22:20   Link #527
Midonin
Last Engage

Three pieces of fanart, each with a different purpose.

In suits

In love

In summer
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 12:52   Link #528
Marina2

Oh, it turns out that the sale may not that bad!

Temporal Blu-ray + DVD Sales Rankings for Spring 2012 (the first volumes)

*1, 7,834 Hyouka
*2, 7,510 Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
*3, 7,309 AKB0048
*4, 5,579 Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A
*5, 4,698 Natsuiro Kiseki
*6, 4,138 Eureka Seven AO
*7, 3,499 Jormungand
*8, 3,302 Sengoku Collection
*9, 3,192 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead
10, 2,248 Acchi Kocchi
11, 2,180 Hiiro no Kakera
12, 2,156 Tsuritama
13, 1,206 Queen's Blade: Rebellion
14, *,882 Kimi to Boku. 2
15, *,612 Zetman
Old 2012-07-03, 13:29   Link #529
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
So my final rating for this show would be a B average grade after letting a few days pass by to give me time to think on how well this show turn out to be. The final episode of any series usually determines the overall grade I give. If only the last episode of Natsuiro was something incredible, I would have bump it up to an A-. Of course it's no where near an S rated show though.
Old 2012-07-03, 22:09   Link #530
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu Breaker View Post

Also Yuka EXPLICITLY compared her feelings for Whatshisface to how Natsumi feels about Akira from Four Seasons.

This isn't even subtext! Thats flat out saying "You want that girl the same way I want that boy".

By no means did they have to do that!

Spoiler for size:
that could create a gif of that scene?? I board not find on the internet ...
Old 2012-07-03, 22:37   Link #531
Julio C
Bury My Shell

I can make the gif for you, but how do you want it? A frame by frame of those screencaps or the full length video clip?
Old 2012-07-03, 22:41   Link #532
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I can make the gif for you, but how do you want it? A frame by frame of those screencaps or the full length video clip?
the full length video clip please
Old 2012-07-03, 23:05   Link #533
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Exactly from what point to what point? From the start of the first screencap to the end of what point?
Old 2012-07-03, 23:41   Link #534
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Exactly from what point to what point? From the start of the first screencap to the end of what point?
yes please
Old 2012-07-04, 01:29   Link #535
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Keep getting errors in photoshop. Maybe it's too long to make it even when it's resize to a very small size.
Old 2012-07-21, 23:47   Link #536
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

And with that, I bid Natsuiro Kiseki goodbye.

Good anime, Certainly worth watching. I hereby give my thanks to rori for subbing and I want to thank you all. No particular reason. There's those animes that just emanate good vibes. This was one of them.

I love you all people.

Arturia

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 17:25   Link #537
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Thanks to Pocari Sweat and Konakaga's repeated suggestions to me to pick this series back up, I finally decided to do so. And I'm glad that I did.

A couple of the earlier episodes had a Looney Tunes-esque silliness to it that's just not my cup of tea, and I found it a little bit disappointing given how Episode 1 had made me hopeful for serious character drama in this show. So Pocari Sweat telling me that the 2nd half of Natsuiro Kiseki had some real drama to it played a big role in my decision to pick this back up, and sure enough, the 2nd half of this show did have some pretty compelling character drama to it.

And one thing I liked a lot about Natsuiro Kiseki is how it truly fleshed out and developed its entire main cast. I felt that, over time, the flaws of each of the four main girls were thoroughly explored, and were developed in a way that actually made those flaws somewhat endearing, rounding off qualities of the characters that I sometimes found annoying in the early-going.

Yuka's high-energy but reckless and low-responsibility ways eventually struck me as more funny than annoying, and overtime I could get why her friends consider her fun to be around in spite of (or perhaps even due to) the troubles and hectic times that she causes them.

Similarly, Saki's occasionally strict and standoffish nature (which sometimes even bordered on snobbishness) eventually seemed to kind of morph into maturity and practicality and soft sensibility. And Rin's very quiet, soft, unassuming, and "happy in a supportive role" nature eventually struck me as more of a positive than a negative, as Rin went from a forgettable presence to an important presence that rounded out the group as a whole.

And that well-rounded nature of the group - The internal chemistry that truly grew and blossomed between them - Was indeed the main strength of this show, imo. By the arrival of the last few episodes, I could tell just how "in-synch" these four girls were. It reminded me a lot of K-On! in how the group dynamics simply clicked effortlessly, making everything that much more fun to watch.

My one lingering disappointment is one that I suspect Sol Falling might identify with.

Like Sol, I saw strong yuri vibes between Saki and Natsumi. That one scene on the boat where Natsumi seemed to stop just short of saying "I love you, Saki." really sent my yuri goggles aflutter with brilliant
rainbow-colored fireworks!

Maybe I'm underestimating how strong platonic friendship can be, but I honestly felt that Natsumi's relentless desire for Saki to not leave, and eagerness to even have Saki move in with her and her family, suggested more than friendship alone. And waking up each morning, to stare across two windows and only a small gap between two houses, in order to look at one another - I have to admit, that's rather romantic.

I'm not surprised that Natsuiro Kiseki didn't "go there", but if it had, it would have made this show an instant all-time classic for this big yuri fan, lol. As is, it was still a pretty satisfying conclusion that tied most things up well.

And if nothing else, any yuri fan should have an easy time making romance-fics out of Saki and Natsumi.
Old 2012-08-15, 19:57   Link #538
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
My one lingering disappointment is one that I suspect Sol Falling might identify with.

Like Sol, I saw strong yuri vibes between Saki and Natsumi. That one scene on the boat where Natsumi seemed to stop just short of saying "I love you, Saki." really sent my yuri goggles aflutter with brilliant
rainbow-colored fireworks!

Maybe I'm underestimating how strong platonic friendship can be, but I honestly felt that Natsumi's relentless desire for Saki to not leave, and eagerness to even have Saki move in with her and her family, suggested more than friendship alone. And waking up each morning, to stare across two windows and only a small gap between two houses, in order to look at one another - I have to admit, that's rather romantic.

I'm not surprised that Natsuiro Kiseki didn't "go there", but if it had, it would have made this show an instant all-time classic for this big yuri fan, lol. As is, it was still a pretty satisfying conclusion that tied most things up well.

And if nothing else, any yuri fan should have an easy time making romance-fics out of Saki and Natsumi.
Haha. Indeed, I don't know why more companies don't just bite the bullet and cross over to explicit romantic yuri. At least, that seems to have worked out just fine for Mouretsu Pirates. I might be willing to excuse some hesitance on this specific production on account of the association with the real life Sphere seiyuu unit, but honestly when you make yuri overtones such an explicit part of the core appeal of your series then not providing any resolution is just shooting yourself in the foot.

Well, I guess "just" yuri overtones can still be enjoyable enough in a slice of life context. I probably wouldn't be complaining about lack of resolution if the ending hadn't focused on drama. In a manner that is admittedly scaling back my expectations, but then like Triple_R outlined the strongest part of this series could generally be said to be the character interactions.

On the strength of those character interactions I would still say I enjoyed this series, which is why in summary I chose to focus on the possibility of an OVA which would feature more of them. As regards the drama in the finale, though, I would say that yes, I was pretty disappointed with the ending and the ambivalent resolution to the yuri in the story.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 09:33   Link #539
Sparvid
*hic*

A heads up: I just came back from the Natsuiro Kiseki Festival concert / drama reading / silly talk with the cast, and not only did they show a 6-minute original clip for the audience, but on the way out all 5000 in the crowd (presumably) received a free DVD ("not for sale") with the same short on it. So I guess it will show up online any moment now.

Spoiler for content:
Old 2012-08-29, 11:29   Link #540
Sparvid
*hic*

My thoughts on the concert itself:

Spoiler for length:

According to an ad, the show will air on a Japanese satellite channel on October 6th, but it's listed as "16:00 - 17:00". Considering that the whole show was three hours, it would seem that they'll cut out everything that isn't someone singing live.

Tags
seinen, slice of life, supernatural