Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2003-11-06, 01:39   Link #1
urdaddy
Inactive Member

Subtitles.. WHERE?

Hi everyone! (first time on this forum)

i've recently dl'd RK (rurouni kenshin) from ahq

i was wondering how could i enable subtitle under ogm format...

when i switch over to japanese theree isn't subtitles... can anyone help?

thx eveyroen!
Old 2003-11-06, 02:01   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

First of all I need to tell you that you have committed a faux pas by asking a question that involves licensed anime. That's why this thread is closed. We frown on the downloading of licensed anime here.

As for OGM, I will tell you that you need to use a player other than WMP9. Check the Media Configuration Guide for options. You can then manually turn on the subtitles. The exact mechanism for this is player specific so figure it out yourself.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-11-09, 04:26   Link #3
vinhdang

Confused... ogm as file type? What's ogm?

I downloaded full metal panic and now the file extensions are ogm. What can I do to change it? I changed one to avi, but then it messed it up. Now it's a 2kb file that doesn't work. I'm also using Windows Media Player 9 and uh... codec ff something... it includes xvid and divx and all. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 2003-11-09, 04:30   Link #4
vinhdang

a-l.full.metal.panic.07.xvid.ogm

that's the name of one of the files. It's full metal panic 7-12. So i have 5 more like it.
Old 2003-11-09, 11:47   Link #5
Onegai

Yes, I am having the same problem. What program do I use to open an .ogm file? I tried WMP and BSPlayer and both didn't work.
Old 2003-11-09, 11:53   Link #6
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinhdang
a-l.full.metal.panic.07.xvid.ogm

that's the name of one of the files. It's full metal panic 7-12. So i have 5 more like it.

My guess is that no one will help you because you are talking about the fact that you downloaded a licensed anime.

NoSanninWa will probably close this thread soon too.

P.S. *hint* Try Google. */hint*
Old 2003-11-09, 11:56   Link #7
Esperchld
Photographer

Do a google search for it or see if any of the threads on this survived.
Old 2003-11-09, 12:28   Link #8
Onegai

Nevermind, I figured out how to watch Iketeru Futari. Thanks!
Old 2003-11-09, 12:42   Link #9
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

As people have pointed out there are two problems with this thread:
  1. Information on OGM files can already be found in this very forum.
  2. Full Metal Panic is indeed licensed anime and we won't help you to get or play it.
Old 2003-11-25, 22:20   Link #10
ReNeGaDe
Inactive Member

Send a message via MSN to ReNeGaDe
Red face Please Help (ogm Files)

i downloaded .hack//sign the first episode role play and the file is OGM so i got the codec from this site http://ld-anime.faireal.net/guide/ogm-en and the site even tell you how 2 work omg files....but some how i keep on getting an error on all these programs

zoom player
the core player
viplayer
ogg player
bsplayer

NONE OF THEM WORK

IF anyone out there that can help please let me know
Old 2003-11-26, 06:09   Link #11
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

.hack//SIGN is licensed. In order to fix your .OGM files, you buy the correct and legit DVD. Therefore you do not promote the distribution of others hard work, and you also don't have to worry about any stinky .OGM files or containers or what not.

try www.DVDpacific.com for a region 1 copy, or www.fbo.com.au for a region 4 (region 4 has a volume 1 + box, not the same box as the R1 though)
Old 2003-11-26, 06:15   Link #12
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Instead of exposing yourself as a downloader of licensed anime, why don't you just read the important "sticky" threads in this forum?

On the other hand, if you got the codec from that page, then you probably aren't very good at following directions. That page is actually pretty helpfull, but there is more than one thing to download...

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-17, 05:31   Link #13
majinvash

XSVCD <-- I cant get it to play back properly!

I downloaded a Movie.. and it was encoded with XSVCD anyone ever heard of this and more importantly

ANYONE GOT A PLAYER OR CODEC cos i really want to watch it

Thanks
Old 2003-12-17, 06:06   Link #14
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Exclamation

The format of xSVCDs is the same as sVCD: MPEG2. This would suggest the file extension is something like .mpg. However, given you are having problems playing it, I am going to assume that you have a CD image not just the video.

I'm also going to guess that you did not get the file from a link listed on AnimeSuki ~ partly because AFAIK we've not listed any CD images yet, partly because you just refer to it as a "Movie" (not by it's name) and partly because you're new to the forum and may not have read the rules yet.

Sorry but I'm not going to give you the benefit of the doubt; which means I'm going to close the thread. I've probably given you all the information you need anyway. If you think the post is within our rules; feel free to PM me (or one of the other moderators) to get the thread re-opened.
Old 2003-12-18, 11:28   Link #15
Kite
Needs More Cowbell

Help!! No Audio and Jap. Subs

I downloaded a Japanese Movie called Infernal Affairs and it comes with the .avi.It also comes with a .idx and a .sub file I'm assuming in one of those files has the english subs in it. How do I get the subs on the .avi?

I also have no audio. When I look at the properties it says 52:59 and 384kbps.

Please Help!
Old 2003-12-18, 15:37   Link #16
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
You should probably tell us which codecs you have installed, if any, and which media player you are using.
Old 2003-12-18, 15:49   Link #17
Mcgreag
Gunnm junkie

For the subs you need to install a program called vobsub.
For audio I guess it's probobly ac3 so you need an ac3 filter. Go to http://www.doom9.org/ they got most stuff you might need.
Old 2003-12-18, 16:13   Link #18
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite
I downloaded a Japanese Movie called Infernal Affairs
According to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338564/ the movie is licensed in the U.S., and therefore..

Do not ask for licensed anime or manga
As described in Fansubbing and Licensing fansubs are technically illegal as they breach copyright. However as AnimeSuki.com does not wish to be associated with piracy, discussions about unlawfully getting licensed anime or manga or even DVD rips are not allowed. This means it is not allowed to post links to sites with such licensed material or ways to obtain it illegally, or ask for links or instructions to be emailed or PM'ed to you. Threads which break this rule will be either closed or simply deleted.

Hint-Hint: Media config guide.
Old 2003-12-22, 04:53   Link #19
ShuLi

Pls help with the MKV sound

hi
every body. MKV is new to me so i don't now how to get the sound to work yet. Pls help me. when i try to play Ranma S7 *some random site* useing WMP9 it plays in two different language at the same time, Japanese and Engliah. How can i get it to play in english only? Thanks
Old 2003-12-22, 05:09   Link #20
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I'm sorry, but we aren't going to help you play licensed anime. At AnimeSuki we are opposed to the downloading of licensed anime as it hurts the hobby and takes money away from the creators.

If you really want to know how to do this, I might suggest that you try posting the question in the Anime-Xtreme forums. Actually, you shouldn't need to post because somebody else has almost certainly asked this identical question over there.

Heck, you can even find the answer to this question here if you bothered to look.

PS. I just took a look at their forums. They give an answer there, but I would advise you not to use it because it will cause trouble with videos that you might download from other sites. Follow the advice that you'll find in our forum to get the best result.