AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-17, 22:59   Link #441
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderlan View Post
Cecily's really pissing me off though, not because of her presence, but because she is 'all talk'. But anyway I love Cecily because she is sexy... LoL
same here.. Luke needs to train her -_- she's really horrible

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2009-10-17 at 23:43.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 05:27   Link #442
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderlan View Post
Cecily's really pissing me off though, not because of her presence, but because she is 'all talk'.
I was like what the heck in episode 3. NAIVE NAIVE NAIVE.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 09:09   Link #443
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Decent third episode. The score is still quality, and we get a Master Asia quote Akimoto Yousuke. I couldn't stop smiling during his speech to the other knights. Just what i wanted to see from a more serious Akimoto role.

The development for Cecily is going at a good pace, especially with the direction of the second half of this episode.
Old 2009-10-18, 10:05   Link #444
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Decent third episode. The score is still quality, and we get a Master Asia quote Akimoto Yousuke. I couldn't stop smiling during his speech to the other knights. Just what i wanted to see from a more serious Akimoto role.

The development for Cecily is going at a good pace, especially with the direction of the second half of this episode.
I agree, though I didn't find Cecily as bad as some others did in the first two episodes, i'm definitely starting to like her a bit more now. I'm sure a lot of people in her position would do/act the same. Hell, i'm sure 75% of the people in her shoes wouldn't have the courage to even try to fight.

And danggggg, Aria is quite beautiful for someone in her 40's ;P
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 10:17   Link #445
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Much as they try to present Reginald as a jerkass - and maybe he is one, for that matter - I can't disagree with him. Cecily's lack of skill, discipline, and resolve make her a danger to herself and to others. She talks big, and she means well, but that's about it.

I'm not sure what to think of his stance regarding swords, though. First, what does he have against weapons with both an edge and a point? Second... What did he mean with that silly dispute about the use of swords? I agree that they're not toys and that the purpose and skill lies in the wielder rather than the object, but is that what he meant?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 10:53   Link #446
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

hmm, so luke has an agenda with god and not the devil... l wonder who/what he lost. as for Aria she is made of pure win, l greatly enjoyed her character intro. can't say much about cecily though... she seems to have become the played out " l will defend my honor and protect everyone" yet can't come to terms with killing a human in battle type of character. cecily is still a fun character even with the played out persona in this types of anime, lf only they would just change her chest plate....bad fanservice is bad. As for the evil man in black... who here thinks it's that knight guy from episode 2?
Old 2009-10-18, 10:59   Link #447
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
hmm, so luke has an agenda with god and not the devil... l wonder who/what he lost. as for Aria she is made of pure win, l greatly enjoyed her character intro. can't say much about cecily though... she seems to have become the played out " l will defend my honor and protect everyone" yet can't come to terms with killing a human in battle type of character. cecily is still a fun character even with the played out persona in this types of anime, lf only they would just change her chest plate....bad fanservice is bad. As for the evil man in black... who here thinks it's that knight guy from episode 2?
^I've been thinking that ever since i saw the OP scenes, with Luke(?) or was it Cecily duking it out with that knight from episode 2. But i feel like that'd be so lame if that were true, so my fingers are crossed that it isn't him!

And man, i feel so bad for Aria. And i wonder how many knew she had a human form...
Old 2009-10-18, 11:13   Link #448
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
As for the evil man in black... who here thinks it's that knight guy from episode 2?
It obviously should be him, yeah.
Old 2009-10-18, 12:13   Link #449
Lummie

Well i've watched all 3 episodes and so far i don't have any big complaints (exept that Cecily fails as a meaningfull character to me) and i think i'll proceed with watching the serie.

btw,

In episode 3, failing to injure a sitting barehanded guy with a knife is such a fail. I can't believe that Cecily is supposed to be someone to protect.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 12:13   Link #450
LKK

Quote:
As for the evil man in black... who here thinks it's that knight guy from episode 2?
What (which) knight guy from episode 2? I'm drawing a blank.

I think it's good in an absolute morality way that Cecily finds it hard (impossible?) to kill another human. In and of itself, that's not a bad thing. But if she can't resolve this issue, she needs to find another profession. Not all the bad guys in this world are monsters. Some will be humans turned monsters. And likely some will be fully human acting in a monsterous way. She needs to make a decision. I wonder if Luke will razz her for her lack of performance? Or will he have courtesy enough to let her resolve this issue without his sarcastic influence? Just how tactless will he be?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 12:26   Link #451
Johnny
Working the bags...

Well at least they didn't give Cecily an instant power-up, yet. Thought that was the route after seeing the OP and Aria's sword form. Would be nice to see that it takes a little effort to gain some skill. With all the practicing and sweating, and more practicing and even more sweating, oh and panting, yeah lots of panting...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 12:32   Link #452
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
What (which) knight guy from episode 2? I'm drawing a blank.
this guy.

Old 2009-10-18, 12:39   Link #453
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
With all the practicing and sweating, and more practicing and even more sweating, oh and panting, yeah lots of panting...
Panting is only going to be possible if Cecily loses that breastplate. I don't see how she even manages to breathe wearing that thing. I can't begin to imagine how she would be able to pant in it.

Quote:
this guy.
Oh, him. Yes, I agree. I thought it was him to begin with when he appeared in that scene.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 12:40   Link #454
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Unfortunately, many times the manga is. But so far, the anime has been enjoyable. If we didn't her about the manga, we wouldn't have any qualms with the anime. It is disappointing to hear that we'll be losing some mature content (blood & gore). I'd include nudity but it be censored so badly it wouldn't be worth it.
Speak for yourself. I've already stated my distaste with parts of this anime so far long before I had heard about what was different in the manga.

Hearing things from the manga just makes them worse.

Yeah I'm still not liking Cecily. Other than looking sexy she has almost no redeeming qualities for me.
Old 2009-10-18, 12:59   Link #455
Lummie

Anyone noticed this?

VS

Erza scarlet vs Cecily Cambell
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 13:16   Link #456
satomianzaki

as for me i kinda like the development they're giving cecily...

and this anime is getting really better and better...the plot is really promising and the characters were just awesome especially the female characters...

satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 13:34   Link #457
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Anyone noticed this?

VS

Erza scarlet vs Cecily Cambell
Who's erza scarlet? Is it the girl from fairy tail (opening?)

Lawl @ the breast plate...again *sigh*

edit:

Nvm, just took a look at the opening scene in fairy tail again...seems like they're not the same >.>

but there is a resemblance :X!

2nd edit:

Haha what? She IS from fairy tail? Mmm...my second guess would've been from One Piece. The drawing style looks really similar. (never watched One Piece)
Old 2009-10-18, 13:35   Link #458
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Who's erza scarlet? Is it the girl from fairy tail (opening?)
Yep, she's from Fairy Tail.
Old 2009-10-18, 13:50   Link #459
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

they shape the breast plate like that because if it were flat like guys and the girl is not flat her self it would effect her in battle and such.

like how women cant be snipers for that reason as well. so they put the boob space on the armor for the women. not for fanservice(well maybe a little)... now the breast plate busting like it did in Ep2, now thats fanservice 100% XD

why they leave their stomack open is beyond me... i think its very stupid. specialy if they don't use shields... the girl in the left pic however is doing it right. Full plate or none at all. I can't belive Anime and games still do this crap. one good swing from the girl on the left and she can cleave cecily in two at her belly.
Old 2009-10-18, 14:48   Link #460
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I know eventually Cecily will develop through this but have to say I was disapointed with her in this one. Was she working under the assumption that she'd never have to kill someone? Maybe she was, but anyways being put in that situation was bound to happen eventually. Not saying I'd be better in the same situation yet I wouldn't take up a job like a knight. Guess we'll see how Cecily will move forward from here. Still she had a nice start with flipping out and trying to take Luke out with that dagger.

Still a nice episode for Aria. A pretty likable character and she's definitely been through a lot. Liked how she dealt with the zweihander guy. Probably not the person you want to dislike you. 40 years but finally found people that will see her as not just some tool of killing.

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen