AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-01, 23:50   Link #401
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I don't recall him ever acting that way with anyone, he is just worried that Urabe will be the one who gets upset, and half the time he is correct in that assumption.

There have been 4 incidents involving other girls.

His middle school crush, who was legitimately trying to deceive and steal him from Urabe.
The underclassmen girl from the film club, who was just overly friendly.
The Idol incident, which Tsubaki wasn't even aware of until after it was over.
and finally Suwano, who has been a tease and whose motive is mostly unknown.

The only one who Tsubaki has ever "mistakenly" assumed was interested in him is the last girl, in this very arc and that was technically before this arc even began.
Old 2012-07-01, 23:52   Link #402
MAX_COLA_POWER!

So we should place Suwano on the, most hated section, on our MGX hit list?
Old 2012-07-01, 23:56   Link #403
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I kinda like Suwano actually :I

Does this mean I'll be hated?
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 00:21   Link #404
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Ah, well, not by me at least. Most people do probably see Suwano as an, INTRUSION THAT MUST BE DISPOSED OF!, since they probably blame her for the lag the story has now. Either her or Oka, but in her case, most people just look at her gazongas and think, hmm, now why was I mad at her for?
Old 2012-07-02, 00:26   Link #405
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I dunno why but, I like Urabe and all but Suwano's proactive approach lures me in after all this time.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 00:34   Link #406
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Suwano is likeable enough, she just represents a threat to the relationship we have all grown fond of. I personally have no real problem with her, I actually hope her motivations are along the lines of provoking Mikoto and Tsubaki to have their relationship out in the open, rather then hiding it from everyone.
Old 2012-07-02, 08:23   Link #407
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

We don't really know yet what this arc is actually about anyway. Is it just another rival arc? Tsubaki mixing up the drool thing? Urabe's drool losing its special effect? Or the whole thing set up by Oka to test their relationship? On top of that the reenactment of their relationship within the play with mixed roles.

I think its unusual for MGX to have all of these aspects as they each on their own could form their own short arc. Towards the end of the arc all the topics will probably be tied together somehow or there'll be a focus on one or two. Still, for this series it seems strange to cover all of that.

I hope it's just my delusion or coincidence and not a sign of the author trying to squash in ideas he had left on his list because the series might be ending soon.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 12:48   Link #408
Asagami
There are no miracles

Well... there is a reference to the very first chapter of Discommunication. I don't know if it is the chapter final of this arc, but seems yes. Also, the volume 9 is "complete", so I think at least there will be more Nazo no Kanojo X one more year.

As say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Old 2012-07-02, 13:59   Link #409
MAX_COLA_POWER!

In this case, since most of us can't read raws, I think we need the 1000 words^^;;.
Old 2012-07-02, 17:14   Link #410
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Well, the scanlated version of chapter 68 is out, and my first impression is, "What a waste of time. I suffered through this arc for 7 months and 7 chapters for that ending?"

Looks to me like someone lost all of their creative abilities, and is just using the manga to draw a paycheck.

Nope, even on a second read through, my opinion hasn't changed.

I wouldn't even say I'm disappointed, or even unsatisfied by the conclusion of this arc. Those terms aren't strong enough. I'm not disappointed because, as you may have noted from my previous posts, I haven't liked this arc, and I didn't hold any hope, at all, for a satisfactory ending. And to say that it is an unsatisfactory conclusion to the arc would be putting it extremely mildly.

Okay, I'll stop now. I might chime back in after everyone gets to read it, but I don't have anything positive to say about this chapter, at all.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 17:22   Link #411
GrimJack

I thought it was a great ending to the arc in fact it made the the pain of the whole arc worth it.

especially the two page spread

I had the raws on Saturday so this wasn't unexpected to me but the translation was worth it
Old 2012-07-02, 17:27   Link #412
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I actually think the next chapter is supposed to be the conclusion of the arc, not this one.
That said, it appears that Tsubaki was simply getting thrown off balance by the similarities between the movie and reality, and the self-realization that his bond with Mikoto being broken would be the end of the world for him was well done.

Also, we have now confirmed that Urabe's: Drool, Sweat and Tears all transfer emotions/have a special taste for Tsubaki.
Old 2012-07-02, 17:29   Link #413
GrimJack

if no one noticed, no chapter next month so a two month break for us

in some respects the next chapter is a different arc since it is the cultural festival not the filming of the movie
Old 2012-07-02, 17:43   Link #414
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
I thought it was a great ending to the arc in fact it made the the pain of the whole arc worth it.

especially the two page spread

I had the raws on Saturday so this wasn't unexpected to me but the translation was worth it
I suppose that there is one good thing I can say about this arc: it's over!

From the perspective of the stupid movie itself, perhaps that had a good ending, but the arc itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I actually think the next chapter is supposed to be the conclusion of the arc, not this one.
Oh, please, no more! I'm not even sure that I want to know anymore the answers to the questions that weren't answered in this chapter.

Quote:
That said, it appears that Tsubaki was simply getting thrown off balance by the similarities between the movie and reality,
This may be the case, but, like the conclusion to the movie, it would seem more like an easy way out of the mess of an arc the mangaka worked himself into.

Quote:
and the self-realization that his bond with Mikoto being broken would be the end of the world for him was well done.
A little late on the uptake, again, Tsubaki.

Quote:
Also, we have now confirmed that Urabe's: Drool, Sweat and Tears all transfer emotions/have a special taste for Tsubaki.
But not always? What's that all about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
if no one noticed, no chapter next month so a two month break for us
Phew! I need a break after this last chapter.

Quote:
in some respects the next chapter is a different arc since it is the cultural festival not the filming of the movie
I wonder who the next girl Tsubaki gets himself involved with is gonna be. Someone new, perhaps? Maybe Oka will have a go at him?
Old 2012-07-02, 18:15   Link #415
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Fairly certain you are being overly dramatic about this entire arc FredFriendly, it certainly wasn't the best arc, but it wasn't anywhere near bad.

And as I pointed out before, getting involved with "another" girl?
He has only had any "relationship" type interaction with 2 girls other then Urabe, including this arc.

People act like this is the 5th, or 6th time this has happened, when in reality it may not even be the second depending on Suwano's motivations.
Old 2012-07-02, 18:26   Link #416
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Well, I'm just happy this is done, and for now, we can get back to our it couple. We'll find out in the next volume is Suwano's role is just for more growth, or if she's a Harpy-like little shrew disguised as an innocent girl.
Old 2012-07-02, 18:51   Link #417
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Fairly certain you are being overly dramatic about this entire arc FredFriendly, it certainly wasn't the best arc, but it wasn't anywhere near bad.
We'll have to leave that as a difference of opinion.

Quote:
And as I pointed out before, getting involved with "another" girl?
He has only had any "relationship" type interaction with 2 girls other then Urabe, including this arc.

People act like this is the 5th, or 6th time this has happened, when in reality it may not even be the second depending on Suwano's motivations.
Please do not brand me "Mysterious Jackass X" and toss me into the corral with all the other donkeys!

I, personally, do not use the phrase "involved with" interchangeably with the phrase "in a relationship with," so we may just have a different way of expressing ourselves.

For example, he was "involved with" the kicker, and thought he was in a relationship with her because he thought she was Urabe. He was "involved with" Hayakawa, but I would not consider that he was "in a relationship with" her, no matter how much Hayakawa thought she wanted to be. He was "involved with" Suwano, if only in his own mind, during the filming of the movie, but he was also not "in a relationship with" her.

He has even expressed pleasure at having spent time chatting with Matsuzawa, something that he admitted that he never seems to do with Urabe. He even spent time alone with Oka. But I wouldn't even consider that he was "involved with" them.

The only one he has had a relationship with is Urabe. But in some, way, shape, form, or manner, whether he wanted to or not, he did get "involved with" other girls. I know there must be a TVTrope for it, you know, dull boring MC that inexplicably seems to be a babe magnet (maybe that's it), through no fault of his own, and whether or not he wants to be. Usually associated with harem mangas and animes. Wait, is this turning into a harem manga?
Old 2012-07-02, 20:30   Link #418
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
We'll have to leave that as a difference of opinion.
That is fine.

Quote:
Please do not brand me "Mysterious Jackass X" and toss me into the corral with all the other donkeys!
I never called you as such nor attempted to do so.

Quote:
The only one he has had a relationship with is Urabe. But in some, way, shape, form, or manner, whether he wanted to or not, he did get "involved with" other girls. I know there must be a TVTrope for it, you know, dull boring MC that inexplicably seems to be a babe magnet (maybe that's it), through no fault of his own, and whether or not he wants to be. Usually associated with harem mangas and animes. Wait, is this turning into a harem manga?
So in summary Tsubaki should not attempt to talk to, be in the presence of, or enjoy hanging out with girls other then Urabe at all?

Hayekawa attempted to steal him away from Urabe, even going so far as deceiving him in order to get him to agree to go to the school festival. He had no intention of pursuing a relationship with her, not to mention this was the first time anything remotely like this had occured.

Matsuzawa is in the same club; he just enjoyed talking to her about a common hobby. I don't see the problem here, a guy should be able to talk to someone in their own club about their hobby.

The Idol incident he had absolutely no knowledge about till it had completely passed. He can't be faulted for this in any logical fashion. Heck, Urabe didn't even want to tell him about it for those of you who get on Tsubaki's case about keeping secrets.

This most recent arc is the only one beyond the first that actively has him confronted with the possibility of "another girl" in any meaningful manner. He had no interest in even being in the movie, but was dragged into it by other people.

If you want to be mad at any character about this arc it should be Suwano for effectively dragging both Urabe and him into the movie. Heck, Oka even deserves more blame then him since she influenced Urabe into changing her decision to not take part in the movie.

This manga is the furthest thing from a Harem manga you could get while still being involved in the romance genre. Tsubaki has never had any intention of being with anyone but Urabe, this latest chapter should make that even more apparent.
Old 2012-07-02, 23:20   Link #419
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

lol wow now thats what i call a mixup...
so im alittle confused...
so in the last chapter did he really not taste her drool? and he got it the taste back magically this chapter?

also i feel pretty good that i picked this up so late so i didnt have to suffer 7 months...only like a week for this chapter lol
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 03:43   Link #420
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Yes, the issue about Urabe's being tasteless and the other girl's being sweet has not been resolved yet.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen