AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Index LN - 10th Anniversary Crossover Special Rating
Perfect 10 16 53.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 10.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 26.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 3.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 3.33%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-04-06, 13:27   Link #101
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
Railgun being useless as usual? Check.
Except she helped defeat Hel's soldier. She wasn't useless.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 01:12   Link #102
DragonXX

After reading the end of chapter 2, why do I think in the next chapter Tomua is going to say that he will not leave until he save the people of this world.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 03:15   Link #103
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
Because you're confusing post-NT9 Kamijou with pre-NT9 Kamijou? Seriously, he's not the only character who has/had those kind of thoughts.
Old 2015-04-07, 03:53   Link #104
LazyHunter

Man, ever since I translated those spoilers I was wondering how would Kamachi make Hel and the hero group's interaction work. I have to say that I was not dissapointed.

Quote:
Hel scrambled to her feet and laughed loudly (and meaninglessly). She was likely getting desperate.

She sat in a random chair and (still meaninglessly) crossed her legs. She seemed to want to mentally place herself above them to crush the embarrassment in her heart.
I'm kind of starting to find Hel adorable with how much she tries to sell the image of the queen of the underworld.

Quote:
She seemed to like it when a protagonist fought and won.

She seemed to find it sad when people were forced to part ways.

She seemed to want romance that was ultimately fulfilled.

Despite her frightening title, she seemed to have the same emotions as a normal human being.
Yep, she's just doing her job. She has a good heart.

Quote:
However, Hel looked utterly confused.

She had the same look as someone who was told, in all seriousness, that it made no sense for the sun not to fall from the sky.

Without a second’s lag, she replied.

“Society will never forgive the great crime of living an entire life without killing a single person.”
And... that got from funny and adorable to really sad incredibly fast. A world based in Norse mythology is not the best world to live in. And you know it's bad when even Karen is stunned by this kind of world.

Quote:
She could have gone for another round, but she decided to call it a day since the Black Dragon Níðhöggr was wagging its tail around as if saying, “Can I get them? Let’s get them, boss!!”
So Níðhöggr is her pet. A 200 meter dragon.

Quote:
That giant was Surtr who supposedly led a great army that would destroy the world alongside Hel.

“What are you doing in Midgard!?”

“I could ask you the very same question.”

“And where’s your fire sword!?”

“Oh, I threw that away due to certain circumstances.”

Hel felt faint when she heard the giant nonchalantly deny his very reason for existence.

The boy standing between Demon King Surtr and Hel, queen of the underworld, (a hopeless position on a mythological level) did not seem to feel any danger whatsoever.
Surtr is back! Man, that Waltraute chapter still has one of my favorite resolutions in all of Kamachi's works.

Quote:
As Hel muttered that, Níðhöggr rubbed its giant head up against her as if saying “That doesn’t matter, so pat me too!! Reward me for putting up with this cold!!” Before long, a fierce fight broke out with Garmr over who got her attention.

As she patted both their heads with a bitter smile, she felt a prickling sensation in the back of her mind.

It was like a tiny thorn, so she barely even noticed it.

It was nothing but a small story from those strangers.
Man, I had totally forgotten that Hel (the place) actually has its own guardian dog! Of course Garmr is her per too! Also, it's obvious that she would question the system once she knows it's not the only one around.
Old 2015-04-07, 07:22   Link #105
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Man, ever since I translated those spoilers I was wondering how would Kamachi make Hel and the hero group's interaction work. I have to say that I was not dissapointed.

I'm kind of starting to find Hel adorable with how much she tries to sell the image of the queen of the underworld.

Yep, she's just doing her job. She has a good heart.

And... that got from funny and adorable to really sad incredibly fast. A world based in Norse mythology is not the best world to live in. And you know it's bad when even Karen is stunned by this kind of world.

So Níðhöggr is her pet. A 200 meter dragon.

Surtr is back! Man, that Waltraute chapter still has one of my favorite resolutions in all of Kamachi's works.

Man, I had totally forgotten that Hel (the place) actually has its own guardian dog! Of course Garmr is her per too! Also, it's obvious that she would question the system once she knows it's not the only one around.
Now that I think about it, the story here seems to be a kind of resolution to the Waltraute oneshot, right ?
It was the boy and Loki who started to change the Norse old system first with stuff like Loki tried to rebel against his original role as a villain and the boy who actually stopped the coming fo Ragnarok.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 08:09   Link #106
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Now that I think about it, the story here seems to be a kind of resolution to the Waltraute oneshot, right ?
It was the boy and Loki who started to change the Norse old system first with stuff like Loki tried to rebel against his original role as a villain and the boy who actually stopped the coming fo Ragnarok.
Jack could only delay Ragnarok, but yes, I feel like this volume has ideas that Kamachi wanted to use for Waltraute like Hel (who only appeared in a short scene in Waltraute). This is probably as close we'll get to vol 2 of Waltraute, unfortunately. It even has the extra swimsuit chapter that Waltraute had.

I would love for Kamachi to prove me wrong on that, though. Waltraute was a fun read.
Old 2015-04-07, 11:13   Link #107
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Just read up to Part 4. That whole cooking scene and revenge was hilarious. Milinda living the life of a Hikikomori.

Touma should know by now that rationality doesn't work and embrace the master plan.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 15:33   Link #108
DragonXX

Something I notice is that Tomua have not show his power off must in this book, I don't even know if any of the character know he had Image Breaker and we don't know what it does to yokuri or the Norse God the closest we have of one of them is touching it is Hel Crab attack but she could of only have it on the sholder area which is above Image Breaker and when that happen to Tomua, I find it funny how it seen like he did not care.
Old 2015-04-07, 16:22   Link #109
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
Something I notice is that Tomua have not show his power off must in this book, I don't even know if any of the character know he had Image Breaker and we don't know what it does to yokuri or the Norse God the closest we have of one of them is touching it is Hel Crab attack but she could of only have it on the sholder area which is above Image Breaker and when that happen to Tomua, I find it funny how it seen like he did not care.
He stopped Níðhöggr's breath protecting everyone (except Hel ).

This crossover is made just as a celebration of Kamachi's works so the characters aren't taking it seriously so far. It might come up later but the reactions probably will be similar to Quenser's towards Satsuki transporting them to a main cannon of the Baby Magnum: "That's a cool trick/ability".
Old 2015-04-08, 04:38   Link #110
desrtsku
Nympholept

Not Kamijou Touma.

Hel is too moe for that world. Stupid kamachi imposing the role of a villain on a kind person again. Someone needs to punch that habit out of him.
Old 2015-04-11, 23:44   Link #111
DragonXX

The frozen guy have got a dead end.

So let the final battle begin, so Othinus will be coming soon if the spoilers are true.

That thing about Hel was intresting.

Last edited by DragonXX; 2015-04-12 at 00:51.
Old 2015-04-12, 01:55   Link #112
Trung-t-rung

Latest chapter, awesomeness everywhere.
Protagonists Alliance vs League of Antagonists.
Old 2015-04-12, 06:42   Link #113
LazyHunter

Quote:
“Oh, right. Your group was apparently on its way back to your original worlds, but what happened with that? And won’t you be left behind if you stick around up here in Asgard?”

“Are you serious!? Where do those idiots think they’re going without me, the center of the universe!?”
Good god, Shinobu makes up for all the time he spent frozen in chapter 3. He was having the time of his life flirting with Freyja, shame Frigg had to interrupt them.

Hel's true role in Waltraute is revealed. I'm glad other people like Baldr acknowledge that Odin is an asshole who only has his job as a head job because he's the only who can do it.

Quote:
Kamijou Touma tightly clenched his right fist.

This time, Index, the girl wearing only a cape, opened her eyes wide to analyze the enemy.

Similarly, Misaka Mikoto, with the bare minimum of protection provided by the bikini armor, scattered electricity while flicking a large coin up into the air with her thumb.

The relatively immoral Quenser and Heivia began preparing their military explosives or assault rifle.

The Princess who resembled an ice doll lightly stroked the levers that operated her colossal weapon.

The Zashiki Warashi in a leaf swimsuit simply smiled calmly.

The Yuki Onna embracing Jinnai Shinobu’s frozen form in her impish bondage bikini began freezing her surroundings with her usual look of ecstasy.

College student Anzai Kyousuke prepared himself to face the Absurdity of the world.

Higashikawa Mamoru let his special ability blossom so he could win any gamble.

The bunny girl released her murderous ability.

Nanajou Kyouichirou thanked his ability to always avoid fatal injuries no matter what happened.

Satsuki in her dancer outfit pulled out the special rubber rope that symbolized crushing death.

Finally, Kamijou Touma spoke for them all.

“Okay, let’s get this started.”

Their enemy was the queen of the underworld, the souls of all the humans unfairly cast down into that underworld, and all the sin they had borne.

This was the story of a girl who had wished to save them all and had been broken.

“Prepare yourself, Hel! We’re about to destroy every last piece of that illusion!!”

There were no side characters here.

With this many protagonists, anything was possible.
It's a team made of Kamachi's protagonists, there's no way I wouldn't get hyped!

I just love how the summons are just commands and the worlds are named like their novels.

The climax of the story is about the begin now. I really can't wait to see what Alice or Shizuna do since we don't know much about them.

Last edited by LazyHunter; 2015-04-12 at 08:49.
Old 2015-04-12, 08:33   Link #114
entei08

It's pretty sad that Anzai is the only one without any special power or means to fight. Back in Simple Series he had Alice's favor, but now Alice has been turned against him.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 08:44   Link #115
bakato

Shinobu is on cloud 9.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 11:33   Link #116
desrtsku
Nympholept

Kamachiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I take it that Shinobu was one breath away from achieving enlightenment with a beautiful 'young' girl with long blonde twintails. But not any girl with blonde twintails, it was Freyja the goddess of flirt of all people. Why is there no doujin of this? Goddammit, why!?
I take it that since he's "dead", his natural "I don't want to get killed/get into too much trouble" inhibitors are shut off and he's letting all of his beastly instincts take the lead without a care of the world. And it could have led to something amazing if it wasn't for Frigg.

Whatever, today I'm gonna jump straight into the fridge and stay there for a few weeks. Apparently, it's a free ticket to Asgard for young perverts.
I don't mind having to fight all-day-everyday until the end of the world if I can fulfil my deepest desires in the first few hours of that hell. I hope my luck stat is high enough to meet Freyja in the first place though.
Thanks for the tip, Kamachi.
Old 2015-04-14, 14:21   Link #117
LazyHunter

So chapter 3 of the crossover manga is out. It adapts from the last scene of chapter 1 (Heivia calls Waltraute a shotacon and she fries him) to part 6 of chapter 2 so Hel made her first appeareance. The ice soldier ended up looking a lot like a giant set of armor made of ice.
Old 2015-04-18, 21:34   Link #118
bakato

Chapter 4 update! That dwarf tool sure would be convenient right about now. Hey! It's Jörmungandr!

Quote:
(Don’t be embarrassed! It’s a legit chemistry term!)
Now why would anyone be embarrassed?

Last edited by bakato; 2015-04-18 at 21:54.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 22:13   Link #119
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Kyousuke's here with his Yandere (self-proclaimed) Waifu to curbstomp everyone, lol. Wait for the _________'s___, did Kamachi wrote a story like that before?
Old 2015-04-18, 23:08   Link #120
Trung-t-rung

So it begins.
Anybody what this is referring to ?
Quote:
That was a city that granted the wishes of any visitors but in a twisted fashion. It was a story of the very short time between when a boy and a girl ran across each other there and when they escaped.