AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

View Poll Results: Railgun Manga - Dream Ranker Arc Rating
Perfect 10 1 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 28.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 14.29%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-03-09, 19:58   Link #521
Miraluka
Banned

Awaki wants the shota.
Kuroko gets the shota.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 20:00   Link #522
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

...That was on purpose, Kamachi.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 10:36   Link #523
Inept Forum User

Nothing regarding the Dream Ranker this time it would seem...

The strain appears to be taking its toll.
Old 2015-03-26, 10:48   Link #524
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I sure hope the dialogue has something of importance. This is tiring.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 17:16   Link #525
LazyHunter

Spoiler for Raw spoilers:
So yeah, the plot didn't advance much and is mostly a backstory chapter for the shota, though maybe there's something interesting in the dialogue. Still waiting for the Dream Ranker to come into play, probably someone is using it to cause the accidents in the first place. I know that the arc is setting up Kuroko and Uiharu's side of the investigation but I was more interested in the Dream Ranker side than this one.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 20:08   Link #526
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Well it was nice seeing Konori Mii and her Judgement friend from the anime (but first making a cameo in the manga according to the wiki) again.

The date and time of the next incident is October 4th, 4:54pm. And it appears that two incidents are occurring at the same time (or 2 places where at least one incident will occur?) EDIT: Actually the second incidents occur 3 minutes after the first but on opposite sides of the park.

At least we know where we are timeline-wise: the day after Volume SS.

Nothing too interesting at the moment.

Also, 5 more days till Uiharu gets to 'flirt' with Kakine.
Old 2015-03-26, 20:34   Link #527
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Spoiler for Raw spoilers:
So yeah, the plot didn't advance much and is mostly a backstory chapter for the shota, though maybe there's something interesting in the dialogue. Still waiting for the Dream Ranker to come into play, probably someone is using it to cause the accidents in the first place. I know that the arc is setting up Kuroko and Uiharu's side of the investigation but I was more interested in the Dream Ranker side than this one.
If Dream Ranker comes into play it might be used embed/insert suggestions that cause the accidents (kinda like a dream Death Note) into it's users.
Old 2015-04-09, 15:47   Link #528
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

this chapter seems to remind me of kurokos rebuttal to awaki where powers were neither good nor evil and that using the power in such a way that someone ends up hurt is indicative of the users intentions. in the sense that this kid also has trouble using his power in a way that reflects his will which makes his power seem evil from some perspectives (i.e. i think the kid's evoking an observers effect by trying to look into the future which subsequently causes the accidents to happen via causality).

that said i don't know what they are going to do now; now that the character that has been the focus of the last 4 chapters is out of the picture.
seems like they tried to wrap up his character in this chapter so i doubt he's coming back, just like how kiyama harumi and nunotaba shinobu had a flash back characterisation right before they cut them out of the story for good...

lets just assume everyone who has a flash back is probably going to be written out in the next chapter; soo miskaki's had about two of them now(one in the manga and in NT11),so i'm betting she won't appear in any future chapters for this arc.
SibylEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 20:21   Link #529
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

There's a clear link now between the Dream Ranker incidents and Miyama's ability.
However, I doubt that Miyama's completely out of the picture now.

We still don't know the full background of the Dream Ranker system. It could be anything, including someone using the data from Miyama's predictions to implant "dreams" to other people as subliminal information and contribute to the prediction coming true. In any case, that facility will come into the spotlight soon. It's only just a matter of time.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 06:26   Link #530
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

i agree, seems ridiculous for several incidents to happen in quick sucession, that or kamachi's uncanniness has reached level-6.

although i could understand that the cause of incidents is related to the high abundance of technology, i.e. the presence of cars and other technology can increase the risk of incidents at the cost of convenience. with academy city having allot of unorthadox technology integrated into civilisation; accidents are bound to be in high abundance. although i haven't seen that been acknowledged yet in any of kamachi's works yet.
SibylEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 19:32   Link #531
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Misfortune huh. I see they are trying to draw some parallels between the kid and a certain spiky haired boy.
Old 2015-04-10, 19:54   Link #532
LazyHunter

Badass Kamachi!Uiharu hacking one of AC's satellites for the investigation. As expected of Goalkeeper.

So whatever the girls did to the tree is going to be related to the accident, right? Please let them realize this quickly so that the investigation moves on beyond the prevent accidents part.

Not much else to say about the chapter. We did get to see Konori again, which is nice.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-24, 18:18   Link #533
Birdway
Banned

I guess nobody cares much because still is building up and because a hacker isn't cool looking when isn't about hacking military and/or cyborgs on rampage.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-24, 19:01   Link #534
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Hackers can be cool if they're presented properly. See Bloody Monday. I've never felt that the manga presented Uiharu's hacking skills properly. For a better implementation, see Volume SS2.
Old 2015-04-24, 19:04   Link #535
GDB

Well, I can say I stopped caring because we've had what feels like maybe 2 chapters worth of content since August. And it wasn't even engaging content. Hard to stay interested.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-24, 19:22   Link #536
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It is slow, I admit, and it doesn't have the things that made the Daihaseisai Arc interesting, but I'm sure we'll get to that eventually. It may not be that obvious, but Kamachi's rather slow pacing-wise in manga format, so it does need a bigger effort to follow his stories, especially if it's in a monthly serialization.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2015-04-24, 21:43   Link #537
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Hackers can be cool if they're presented properly. See Bloody Monday. I've never felt that the manga presented Uiharu's hacking skills properly. For a better implementation, see Volume SS2.
Browsee .hackers// Helba or Kite, he makes hacking look badass.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 13:07   Link #538
Chosen_Hero

I'm just waiting for the damn chapters to release, my guess is that they are trying to synchronize the Index and Railgun mangas.
Old 2015-04-25, 18:58   Link #539
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
I guess nobody cares much because still is building up and because a hacker isn't cool looking when isn't about hacking military and/or cyborgs on rampage.
There just isn't much to discuss between chapters right now. Not much is happening so there isn't future chapter speculation.

I'll post my impressions of the chapters as they comes out.
Old 2015-04-25, 20:25   Link #540
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I'm just waiting for the damn chapters to release, my guess is that they are trying to synchronize the Index and Railgun mangas.
That would be easy if they skip 0930. Currently, Railgun is a few days after Vento's Arc.
I'm not sure if an arc skip would even happen, though. 0930 is a substantial arc in the LNs and is one of the first direct magic vs science arcs that occurred in Academy City. (The Daihaseisai is a covert confrontation in comparison.)