AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-15, 21:37   Link #61
hideFan

Am I the only one who thought that this would make a much better RPG than an anime? The whole time I was watching it I imagined that many of the fights were boss battles and things of the sort... I duno...
hideFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 12:30   Link #62
Westlo
Lets be reality

The last ep was just pure fanservice and I enjoyed it a lot.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 12:51   Link #63
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
That's a big call, saying they're the most likeable in anme, considering I've already outlined why they're unlikeable and plenty of others have pointed out.
You call the main characters unlikeable just because you are expecting different things, which is not what Scryed is about. The main characters in Scryed are straightforward, they may be "selfish" for you but that's because they are always true to themselves. Much more likeable than the other main characters in other animes who tries to play some "selfless" goody guys or dwell upon some ridiculous "inner conflicts" or whatnot. And "likeable" is highly subjective, your attempt at "outlining why they are unlikeable" is just meaningless for others. You can see them as "selfish", others can see them as straightforward and true to themselves. See that there are plenty of others disagreeing with you as much as those agreeing with you here. In the end let's say it's something like the Call of the Wild, and whether one likes it depends on whether one is a wolf or a dog. For dogs who are used to be tame and dutiful, it may be completely meaningless, but for those who still have the wolf's blood flowing in their veins, the Call can make their blood boiling. Scryed is like that, it is to reawaken the adrenaline, the hotblood dreams within people, but may be too wild for some to accept it.
hipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 14:03   Link #64
PatPeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideFan View Post
Am I the only one who thought that this would make a much better RPG than an anime? The whole time I was watching it I imagined that many of the fights were boss battles and things of the sort... I duno...
YES!!! I can't remember if it was this website or another but I brought up the same statement. Yes! It would make an amazing Fighting game (not really RPG but at the same time not a 2D Fighting game like Mortal Combat, or the 3D Mortal Combat, but the ones with really SMALL arenas) in S-cry-ed the video game you would be in HUGE arenas where you can just completely destroy the arena, like when you and your opponent climb up to space and you bring him back down to earth in a bady slam it makes a crater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The last ep was just pure fanservice and I enjoyed it a lot.
Exactly I hate when people bash on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
You call the main characters unlikeable just because you are expecting different things, which is not what Scryed is about. The main characters in Scryed are straightforward, they may be "selfish" for you but that's because they are always true to themselves. Much more likeable than the other main characters in other animes who tries to play some "selfless" goody guys or dwell upon some ridiculous "inner conflicts" or whatnot. And "likeable" is highly subjective, your attempt at "outlining why they are unlikeable" is just meaningless for others. You can see them as "selfish", others can see them as straightforward and true to themselves. See that there are plenty of others disagreeing with you as much as those agreeing with you here. In the end let's say it's something like the Call of the Wild, and whether one likes it depends on whether one is a wolf or a dog. For dogs who are used to be tame and dutiful, it may be completely meaningless, but for those who still have the wolf's blood flowing in their veins, the Call can make their blood boiling. Scryed is like that, it is to reawaken the adrenaline, the hotblood dreams within people, but may be too wild for some to accept it.
Exactly! How many comments come about that compare this anime to others! If anime is based on comparision, in that world, that mind set there would make it so that no good anime arose. And for someone to be selfish they have to have a very small amount of care for other people, when Ryuho and Kazuma risk their lives for their loved ones and would fight for them to the death. I wouldn't say inner conflicts are ridiculous though, they make for good anime characters sometimes. And it is good to ouline why something is unlikable because it might be because that person doesn't understand something in the anime, and that by telling them they might start to like it.
PatPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 01:06   Link #65
Kiba_5477
MEGA MEMBER
*Fansubber

no but I wish I was almost crying at the end its was so freaking good and it had one of the best theme songs ever.

Oh and did straight couger die I mean he was talking to those kids while watching the fight but then it showed behind him and his hand coullapsed like he died. so i'm a little confused about that especally since he was one of my favorite charecters.

For all you scond half haters out there butt out I mean come on you got to addmit it was pretty dramatic Ii was a huge shocker part (for me anyway) the killed off so many people its ashame even kazuma's best freind man I was crying at that part it was so sad. :[

Ok I didn't how couger died I mean just cause his a side charecter and he got to play hero and save Ms. mimori dos'nt mean "hey lets kill him off for reasons unown in a parck in front 100s of children and old people" really I think the writers wanted kids to be afraid of parks with people in beach chairs and give old people heart attacks. So yea if anyone could give me some feedback on how couger died that would be swell.

Last edited by xris; 2007-06-17 at 02:29.
Kiba_5477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 02:14   Link #66
problemedchild
ô_ô

Wasn't Couger refined too many times? From what I remember, refining an alter user increases his or her powers, but also shortens his or her lifespan. It's what happened to Ayase Terada.

Here is what wiki provided:
Cougar was thought to be fatally injured in a fight with Kyouji Mujo, but appears afterwards in order to rescue all of the secondary characters left in HOLY HQ. He seems to die in episode 26, when he is seen sitting on a lounge chair reading his book, thinking about what Kazuma and Ryuhou should do with their lives instead of fighting (i.e. spend time with their loved ones: Kanami and Mimori). His thoughts then begin to slow down and he lays still in a lounge chair. It is still debated if he died or if he merely fell asleep. However, in the manga, he fights with Kazuma and is fatally wounded, but is executed by Urizane's alter power for treason.

That show really went downhill midway through though. That's just my opinion though.

You really didn't need to triple post, then make another topic about the same topic you just triple posted in though........
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 23:31   Link #67
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Quote:
Sure whatever, remember you were the one to make the call that they were the most likeable in anime, when clearly they are not. AS you said plenty agree with me. When characters divide opinion to the extent they do I would hardly say that qualifies them for "most likeable". Your attempts to make them likeable are just as meaningless as others.

Quote:
They are among the most likeable leads in all anime. Scryed is the show that make people recall their lost ideals, their lost dreams, their lost aspirations to become the strongest of the strong, to become the man of men, to recall the adrenaline in their souls suppressed by the drab day to day business and work. The last two episodes are what truly make Scryed shine, to truly distinct it from other beat-the-bad-guy anime. It's completely different from Kenshin, that's for sure. Both are great in their own different areas and different goals.
and for what its worth Bucks "ridiculous" inner struggle is what makes Call of the Wild appealing. His sense of duty as a domestic dog vs his instincts as a wild animal, which all domesticated animals have. By the time he makes hs choice you understood why he chose that path considering his past experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
And for someone to be selfish they have to have a very small amount of care for other people, when Ryuho and Kazuma risk their lives for their loved ones and would fight for them to the death. I wouldn't say inner conflicts are ridiculous though, they make for good anime characters sometimes.
Err remember why those people needed to be rescued in the first place, who was the main cause of it? Seems to me they wouldn't be in this position had they continously not forsaken others

Bu anyways carry on. I've said all have to say on this series. My apologies if you think I'm trolling

Last edited by hobbes_fan; 2007-06-17 at 23:51.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 22:46   Link #68
PatPeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba_5477 View Post
no but I wish I was almost crying at the end its was so freaking good and it had one of the best theme songs ever.

Oh and did straight couger die I mean he was talking to those kids while watching the fight but then it showed behind him and his hand coullapsed like he died. so i'm a little confused about that especally since he was one of my favorite charecters.

For all you scond half haters out there butt out I mean come on you got to addmit it was pretty dramatic Ii was a huge shocker part (for me anyway) the killed off so many people its ashame even kazuma's best freind man I was crying at that part it was so sad. :[

Ok I didn't how couger died I mean just cause his a side charecter and he got to play hero and save Ms. mimori dos'nt mean "hey lets kill him off for reasons unown in a parck in front 100s of children and old people" really I think the writers wanted kids to be afraid of parks with people in beach chairs and give old people heart attacks. So yea if anyone could give me some feedback on how couger died that would be swell.
Spoiler for Crouger:

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
Wasn't Couger refined too many times? From what I remember, refining an alter user increases his or her powers, but also shortens his or her lifespan. It's what happened to Ayase Terada.

Here is what wiki provided:
Cougar was thought to be fatally injured in a fight with Kyouji Mujo, but appears afterwards in order to rescue all of the secondary characters left in HOLY HQ. He seems to die in episode 26, when he is seen sitting on a lounge chair reading his book, thinking about what Kazuma and Ryuhou should do with their lives instead of fighting (i.e. spend time with their loved ones: Kanami and Mimori). His thoughts then begin to slow down and he lays still in a lounge chair. It is still debated if he died or if he merely fell asleep. However, in the manga, he fights with Kazuma and is fatally wounded, but is executed by Urizane's alter power for treason.

That show really went downhill midway through though. That's just my opinion though.

You really didn't need to triple post, then make another topic about the same topic you just triple posted in though........
Wait who triple posted and made another topic about this? And how could you say it went downhill?!

Quote:
Sure whatever, remember you were the one to make the call that they were the most likeable in anime, when clearly they are not. AS you said plenty agree with me. When characters divide opinion to the extent they do I would hardly say that qualifies them for "most likeable". Your attempts to make them likeable are just as meaningless as others.
How do you defend your idea that the reasons they are likable are meaningless?

Quote:
and for what its worth Bucks "ridiculous" inner struggle is what makes Call of the Wild appealing. His sense of duty as a domestic dog vs his instincts as a wild animal, which all domesticated animals have. By the time he makes hs choice you understood why he chose that path considering his past experiences.
I...have...no...idea

Quote:
Err remember why those people needed to be rescued in the first place, who was the main cause of it? Seems to me they wouldn't be in this position had they continously not forsaken others

Bu anyways carry on. I've said all have to say on this series. My apologies if you think I'm trolling
No please stay here, the point to a message board is to collaborate on ideas and your's seem very interesting.

And NO Kazuma and Ryuho are not always the main cause of things, if ever. How about the episode when Kazuma defends his friends from the bully gang alter user who wanted to take their turf? He didn't go there because he knew Kazuma would come.
PatPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 23:22   Link #69
noakail

I also want another season or something. But most of the time we end up getting something worst.
noakail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 17:45   Link #70
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Just finished the series, and it was a decent ride, but could have been better. first two thirds of the series were quite enjoyable and entertaining, even some of the characters were annoying, though not absurdly so, thankfully. They managed to remain consistent about the character powers and they are different enough to be interesting to watch.

Sadly it all went downhill later down the road with the series degrading in to typical shounen CheeZe as they just kept introducing more ridiculous power ups and consistency was thrown aside. The final arc is nothing short of a gigantic plothole and excuse for fanservice. The 'final boss' even had his evil lair set up ... the heck >.> His abilities seemed to turn up in ways the plot required to squeeze out more fanservice as well. But hey - nothing that a final DBZ style plothole powerup can't fix

The attacking army from mainland only made matters worse ... where did those flying pterodactyls shooting laser beams from their mouths come from ? (and those bug-like-things on ships) ... that part really put a dent in to credibility of things. Last episode was pure fanservice, and its usefulness is arguable.

Overall a good and entertaining show, but it fell downwards past the middle point. 6.5/10
Old 2007-10-15, 23:05   Link #71
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

What a coincidence! I just finished the series last week.

I have to disagree about the show going downhill by degrading into typical shounen. The show began as very typical shounen. Kazuma is a idiot whose only value is that he's good at fighting. Heck, he even knows that is his only redeeming feature. If I had to survive another repetition of him saying that you can call him trash or garbage or a worthless human being... Ug.

His rival Ryouhou isn't really much better. While he claims at first to be working hard to make the world a better place that motive quickly crumbles away as we get into the second half of the series and he turns into an exact clone of Kazuma, except that he's more arrogant. Ug.

If I was to say that Kazuma has one outstanding trait it would be that he is the worst communicator in all of anime history. He can have the best reasons in the world for doing something... Even when he's fighting to save people... Even when his "enemy" would be on his side if they only had a clue that he isn't a bastard... When his "enemy" asks him point blank why he's attacking them, he'll tell that it is just because he's a piece of trash who only lives to fight. Ug.

It is as though the show was actually created as a parody of typical shounen. They reuse practically every cliche in the book. I was particularly irked by the discovery that there isn't a single combat capable female in all of HOLY. Three of them turn out to be a man's alter and the remaining girl's ability was unbelievably weak except for the one single time that it became a plot device. Ug.

I couldn't stop laughing when the final boss, Kyoji Mujo created his final dungeon. It was like a scene from an RPG. It was the huge "living dungeon" that I've seen as a staple of such games. And there was very little reason for him to create it other than to terrify the populace, announce himself a villian of terrible ambition and crate a cool fighting stage. Ug.

As you can tell, this show wasn't exactly one of my favorites. Why did I watch 26 episodes of something that I so severely diss? Well, sometimes I just want to turn off my brain and laugh at campy entertainment. The fights were fun and I enjoyed the silly powers. This show did have some of the more outrageous powers I've ever seen. Just imagine Crisis Maxfell in any other show? LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
The attacking army from mainland only made matters worse ... where did those flying pterodactyls shooting laser beams from their mouths come from ? (and those bug-like-things on ships) ... that part really put a dent in to credibility of things. Last episode was pure fanservice, and its usefulness is arguable.
While I don't disagree with your assessment, it didn't come from nowhere. I considered that this was just an evolution of the same "refinement" technology that produced the Darths. It seemed to be a more successful method of mass producing alters.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 23:59   Link #72
foreverdissevered
Endless Entity

I loved the series, but cant remember whats its about now. Didnt really have any morals or anything to remember it by
foreverdissevered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 00:42   Link #73
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Last episode was pure fanservice, and its usefulness is arguable.
Having just read the entire thread I notice that this final episode has a great deal of controversy so I want to throw in my 12 cents.

That final episode was the only way that this show could possibly have ended. If you thought that the show was about fighting Kyoji Mujo or the Mainland or The Crystal Entity or the fight between Native Alters and HOLY, then you weren't paying attention. This show was always about the struggle between two men: Kazuya and Ryouhou. The driving force was their mutual desire to be the best. By having each other to strive against they were able to exceed their own limitations and reach for the greatest heights that men may reach.

If you think that this is laughable, then you probably didn't enjoy the show at all. It was about the fights. All the plot was only ever really an excuse. Characer development was how Ryouhou was moved by the way Kazuma was true to himself. Then the two of them continued to develop by throwing away all other attachments in this world, including the women who weigh them down from becoming true men amongst men.

You say that this was just fanservice? Heck, this whole show was fanservice. The final episode was the truest expression of this show's inner self. If they hadn't ended it with a final battle between the two then they would not have been true to themselves. Sure it was adolescent and stupid. Sure it was predictable from beginning to conclusion. That doesn't take away from it at all. In their eagerness to do battle against their only rival in this world they expressed their determination and passion. That was the nature of their honor and meaning.

As an aside I want to say that the difference between the final episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho and Scryed are as great as anything can possibly be within the genre. Yu Yu Hakusho is about growing past adolescence while Scryed is about embracing adolescence. By looking at just the last episodes you can see how those two shows are truly different. They each contain that show's truest soul.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-10-16, 02:29   Link #74
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Now now, don't say i didn't enjoy the show, as i certainly stated i did It is pretty clear the show is mainly about Kazuma and Ryouhou and the clash of their ideologies and the whole plot is a stage for the two to meet on the worst terms to fuel their rivalry and hatred towards each other. (Though it is not solely about them either, even though most events somehow tie together directly with the two).

It might have started as typical shounen indeed, but it was highly entertaining and i found myself throttling through the episodes, which doesn't happen if i don't enjoy the show (Ep 1- 18 in one day. Beat that ) I liked the setting and the way they went about the powers. It was a fun ride and i don't have a real reason to be harsh on the series, hence i am not. That said, Kazuma's first powerup was my first eyebrow rising moment, with the alter fountain in the middle of a forest.

As for Mujo - i would have preferred if he had dug himself deep within HOLY HQ and watch the building burn and crumble as our two hotheads crash their way through it. Self-regenerating structures are no fun when you have the power to level cities at your fingertips Yes, the guy was a walking plot device (just like that black entity from the other dimension), but i was expecting as much Him turning in to that monster in the end that looked like something that crawled out of Lost in Space film though. I think they could have done without it

While i was expecting a fight between the two in the final episode (And hoping for no more fights in space ), i was expecting a bit more of a global conclusion regarding the mainland. Heck, having the two 'accidentally' blow up the HQ on mainland while they were fighting would have been good (Was i the only one thinking what would happen should the mainland turn up when the two had knocked each other out ? )

My biggest knock against the show is that they managed to remain fairly consistent about the character 'power levels' in the start, but threw that all out the window in the end in favor of hourly scheduled power ups of unprecedented magnitude. But i am not complaining that much about it, and 6.5 from me for a show like this is not bad at all, and overall this is definitely a show i would recommend to someone who is looking for some no-brainer action, because the action was good and energetic indeed.

As for Yu Yu Hakusho - haven't seen that one yet, but planning to check it out sometime, only the number of episodes keeps scaring me away
Old 2007-10-16, 03:05   Link #75
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

My second post was mostly intended as a response to the last 3 pages of this thread. If you read them you should understand why I needed to rant a bit.

Quote:
I liked the setting and the way they went about the powers. It was a fun ride and i don't have a real reason to be harsh on the series, hence i am not. That said, Kazuma's first powerup was my first eyebrow rising moment, with the alter fountain in the middle of a forest.
I was also enjoying the 1-2-3 nature of Kazuma's power since it was somewhat different from anything I'd seen before. It created an unusual rhythm and tactic to his battles. However I was completely unsurprised by his first powerup since I was expecting it from episode 1. The only question I had was when he'd powerup. As soon as he went into the Alter Forest, I knew it was powerup time. It was a shame really, since the upgraded alter was much less interesting.

Quote:
While i was expecting a fight between the two in the final episode (And hoping for no more fights in space ), i was expecting a bit more of a global conclusion regarding the mainland. Heck, having the two 'accidentally' blow up the HQ on mainland while they were fighting would have been good (Was i the only one thinking what would happen should the mainland turn up when the two had knocked each other out ? )
That would have been an amazing conclusion, you're right. It would have been a kick if they had beaten up all the military forces between Lost Ground and the Mainland, then had an argument and immediately started fighting each other while standing in front Mainland HQ and destroyed it with the unintentional backlash. That might have been an improvement to episodes 25-26.

Quote:
As for Yu Yu Hakusho - haven't seen that one yet, but planning to check it out sometime, only the number of episodes keeps scaring me away
Don't let that scare you. The story, amazingly, manages to stay fresh from beginning to end. It never has any pointless filler episodes nor repeats itself. It is the perfect length for the story that it is telling. If it was shorter, or longer, the show would not have been as good. Well... maybe it could have been better with another 3-5 episodes, but not more than that.

Yu Yu Hakusho stands with Flame of Recca as my two favorite shounen genre shows for good reason. Nothing else is quite as good as them.

Old 2007-10-16, 03:26   Link #76
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I was also enjoying the 1-2-3 nature of Kazuma's power since it was somewhat different from anything I'd seen before. It created an unusual rhythm and tactic to his battles. However I was completely unsurprised by his first powerup since I was expecting it from episode 1. The only question I had was when he'd powerup. As soon as he went into the Alter Forest, I knew it was powerup time. It was a shame really, since the upgraded alter was much less interesting.
Oh, i was fully expecting a powerup somewhere down the road - that much was obvious Though i was not particularly pleased with how they went about it. (The piece of that guy's spine he tore out got absorbed by his hand ? Yea ...). That aside - indeed, i liked his first stage a lot more. It was more interesting and thrilling to see him launch in to one of his crazy blitz attacks instead of flying forward with that propeller on his back The 'use limit' of the former was a nice touch as well. Hm, perhaps it is not so much that i dislike his 'power ups' per se, but i simply find his earlier version much more interesting to watch in combat

Quote:
Don't let that scare you. The story, amazingly, manages to stay fresh from beginning to end. It never has any pointless filler episodes nor repeats itself. It is the perfect length for the story that it is telling. If it was shorter, or longer, the show would not have been as good. Well... maybe it could have been better with another 3-5 episodes, but not more than that.

Yu Yu Hakusho stands with Flame of Recca as my two favorite shounen genre shows for good reason. Nothing else is quite as good as them.
Hum, might give it a shot then Personally i am more geared towards fantasy-adventure type stories (Erementar Gerad for example), but i can definitely enjoy a good brawl as well. With all the slower paced shows i am following now, some action flick is needed indeed. Yosh! Gonna give Yu Yu Hakusho a try.
Old 2007-10-16, 07:07   Link #77
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yu Yu Hakusho has lots of powerup momments but they are good im a huge YuYu Fan you'll like it!
Old 2007-10-16, 11:24   Link #78
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I don't know NoSanninWa,

I still think the last episode were just a very badly done OVA. They basically threw away the plot, any relationships they spent time building up (And in some cases, killing off). The animation for the last 2 were a joke. That was terrible stuff. Well not terrible but the show had a higher quality than that last episode.

I enjoyed Scryed up the almost end, but that last episode felt so transplanted that I didn't enjoy it at all.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 17:16   Link #79
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
I still think the last episode were just a very badly done OVA. They basically threw away the plot, any relationships they spent time building up (And in some cases, killing off). The animation for the last 2 were a joke. That was terrible stuff. Well not terrible but the show had a higher quality than that last episode.

I enjoyed Scryed up the almost end, but that last episode felt so transplanted that I didn't enjoy it at all.
I have to disagree.

The plot was not thrown away since it was always about the conflict between Kazuma and Ryouhou. This was the true conclusion to that plot. If by throwing away the plot you are referring to that very vague and ill defined "Lost Ground vs Mainland" plot, then I have to disagree. It was a cookie cutter plot completely lacking in a well defined enemy. That wasn't a plot, it was merely an event created to drive the real conflict.

Here's a quick test: Tell me the names or purpose of the "Mainland" that we keep hearing about. Several times I saw a number of men sitting around a table talking about portentious and poorly defined goals, but they were pretty much ingnorable. That's not an enemny.

Eventually Kyoji Mujo was introduced as their face, but honestly he had as little interest in them as I did. He was just a generic power mad psycho who provided our protagonists with an opportunity to bond together by fighting.

Next you bring up the issue of relationships. Heh. Really? You think there was romance in this show? The only important relationship was the relationship between Kazuma and Ryouhou. Even the girls only existed as extensions of them. Did any of them ever go out on a date? Did they express romantic feelings? These girls were just color inserts. Sheris was just a paper doll and Kanami existed just to be narration and cuteness. As for Minori, she was the only one of the three who had an actual personality, but Ryouhou never showed more than feelings of nostalgia and friendship for her.

The relationships with these girls were not severed in the last episode. They were severed several episodes before that. You were merely refusing to believe the protagonists when they said that they had no interest. I understand the hopefulness of wanting there to be romance in a show, but it didn't really exist here. Perhaps the boys need to grow up a little more before they are actually able to share their lives with girls. Or maybe they're gay. All I know is that they really weren't interested and that was made clear throughout the show and finalized before the last episode.

As for the drop in animation quality. Okay, I can't debate that at all. It was dumb for them to use up too much of their budget. At least they had more budget left for the last 2 episodes than Evangelion! Anyway, at this point that is hardly the biggest concern. Either you were enjoying the fanservice or you weren't. If you were having fun watching episodes 1-24, then you would have fun with episodes 25-26. Picking on the animation is just a way for you to find one more thing to complain about.

Quite frankly this show isn't evolved enough for your complaints to be relevant. You seem to be complaining that Scryed was the kind of show that it was. I wonder why you actually watched episodes 1-24, because all the things you wanted were only shadows.

Old 2007-10-16, 18:15   Link #80
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I agree with everything Skyfall said, with the exception of two things:

1. There were indeed romantic feelings displayed by Sheris, and Minori to a lesser extent, while Kanami could be said to have shown either a brother-relationship to Kazuma or young love. Sheris' feelings for Ryuho were all-to clear throughout the show (Sheris worried about Ryuho going to find Minori thinking he was going after her out of love, for one example). Minori didn't express her feelings as clearly, but you can tell she cared for Ryuho. That said, it's true that the main inter-character relationship in this series was the hostility between Kazuma and Ryuho from day 1. There was no abandoning of that.

2. To a lesser degree of disagreement, I don't think the final episode's animation was bad at all. Especially in that last hand-to-hand scene when they lost their Alter extensions, the animators showed a great amount of detail in the art as well as Kazuma's and Ryuho's actions and reactions.

In fact, the last episode was probably my favorite episode, as it gave us the long-awaited true conclusion to the conflict that had been going on the entire series.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2007-10-16 at 18:32.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote