AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-07, 10:46   Link #41
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Or it could be a real alien. Who likes soccer.
LOL If this show were Level E, I would say that's the most likely answer.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 10:46   Link #42
yellowscarves

The first episode's pacing was great, the art and animation were solid, and I'm already really attached to the characters. I'm glad I didn't read very far into the manga, because this is exactly the type of show I've been looking to follow on a weekly basis.
yellowscarves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 10:51   Link #43
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Was watching this just now and while the story is nice, I just can't get some stuffs out of my head about real life football and the one in Area no Kishi

- Shigeru is in a normal high school
Usually players (especially ones that have been selected to represent the country) enrolls in a special football school/academy. Most of them starts really young (10, 9 even).

- They play on a normal Japan school field
These are the types that has no grass. If JFA's Junior manager sees Shigeru playing on that he would be blowing his top. The chances of getting injured are really high compared to playing on grass

- Generic panel styled football
Introduced during black and white TV days, these ball designs were iconic and synonym to football. But since the last decade, this design has been slowly phased out and it's hard to see them now. While they might be using it to make it easier for viewers to recognise it is a football, they had used an Adidas designed ball during the flashback sequence.

- Brazillian are all dark and generic
Come one, give some distinction. And not all of their players are dark, IE: Kaka

linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 11:20   Link #44
leokiko

Actually, the Japanese may have gained some more knowledge about Brazilians. Before, they thought we were all monkeys who lived in the forest. Anyway, I laughed so much at that, it felt like Brazil had changed into Africa. More creativity please.

Regarding the chapter: Didn't anyone feel Touch vibes here? It's extremely similar, I was expecting Seven to be called Minami-chan at some point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Not really similar to any of the above, but if I were to make a comparison, I'd say it's closer to Touch ( by Adachi ) mixed with Whistle!
^. Not just me then

Last edited by leokiko; 2012-01-07 at 11:37.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 11:42   Link #45
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Regarding the chapter: Didn't anyone feel Touch vibes here? It's extremely similar, I was expecting Seven to be called Minami-chan at some point
Area no Kishi's current setting isn't even trying to pretend it's not a Soccer!Touch.

Of course there's differences, but the key things? Complete with that foreshadowing near the end?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 14:18   Link #46
ookamigirl

First tennis and now soccer. Is this gonna be a year of sport anime? ^^
It's so refreshing watching something like this since I just had a flashback to my childhood and my first soccer anime ever, so nostalgic!
This looks promising. I'm gonna give it a try.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 14:30   Link #47
leokiko

Quote:
Area no Kishi's current setting isn't even trying to pretend it's not a Soccer!Touch.

Of course there's differences, but the key things? Complete with that foreshadowing near the end?
Indeed. I enjoyed the rivalry in Touch, but hated how the relationship with Minami was handled. I hope this series: 1- Don't go into romance AT ALL, just hints and maybe they hook up in the end or 2-They actually get together in the middle, he keeps soccer while dating her.

In Touch, it seemed like Minami was only going to be with Tatsuya if he got to Koshien. That was stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
First tennis and now soccer. Is this gonna be a year of sport anime? ^^
It's so refreshing watching something like this since I just had a flashback to my childhood and my first soccer anime ever, so nostalgic!
This looks promising. I'm gonna give it a try.
Hey! Don't forget Kuroko no Basket (my most anticipated one)
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 03:01   Link #48
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Spoiler for Episode 1-I Like Soccer.:

My rating for this episode: 8/10.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 04:44   Link #49
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

This one is going to be the most underrated anime of the season. Its too bad not many people is going to watch this.
Old 2012-01-08, 14:58   Link #50
king12354

Enjoyed it especially when the main character has a role model like Suguru to help him develop as a character. Sigh..
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 16:10   Link #51
Excorsism

This seems like a fun watch for sure.

Totally on the Kakeru x Seven boat. As far as romance progression, maybe something like Major would be nice.
Old 2012-01-08, 21:34   Link #52
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

I love soccer.. anime!

This feels just like Aoki Densetsu Shoot! My all time favorite series.
I'm looking forward to a faithful retelling, the manga is very fun to read.

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 22:14   Link #53
destiny4everlove

I watched the first episode and it was a very good one.

- An alien appeared out of the blue and began playing soccer with Kakeru…I’m not sure but I think that alien was 1)Suguru or 2) Nana.

- I’m really intrigued about Kakeru’s left leg …it seems an accident happened to him and since then he stopped playing soccer and became a manager…

- I might be very wrong…but I have a feeling….
Spoiler:

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
destiny4everlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 07:50   Link #54
Arya

Quote:
Not really similar to any of the above, but if I were to make a comparison, I'd say it's closer to Touch ( by Adachi ) mixed with Whistle!
Thanks, I've watched the first episode. And could say I'm in!!
Anyways I haven't watch Touch but
Spoiler for Cross Game/Area no Kishi spoilers:

I agree with most of you, alien has to be Nana. Brother is taller than Kakeru. His left leg problem give Nana the handicap to play better than him.

Or
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Or it could be a real alien. Who likes soccer.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 16:27   Link #55
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... I may give this one a try. I am not really into "sports series" per se, but may as well give it a shot. (Err ... no pun intended here.)

Old 2012-01-09, 16:45   Link #56
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Ignoring the fact that hearing football be called 'soccer' is going to annoy me no end, I quite enjoyed the opening episode. Certainly appears to a good chemistry between Kakeru, Nana and Suguru - though that's hardly a surprise considering they were once teammates.

Curious to know why Kakeru can't use his left foot (and even more curious towards the next episode regarding what is going to happen to Suguru/Kakeru - that last line in Episode 1 wouldn't have been there otherwise).

Not watched a sports anime that plays it straight (started trying to watch Softenni, but if that's a sport anime, I'm Dutch. Also tried Prince of Tennis, but it's far too over the top in terms of the actual sport) - so I'm definitely in.

Anyone know how long this anime is?
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 16:58   Link #57
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
This one is going to be the most underrated anime of the season. Its too bad not many people is going to watch this.
The first episode is okay, but it suffers from poor animation (not to mention the balls that look flat and poorly superimposed on the background) and an uninspired storyboard.

A good story might make this worthwhile though.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 20:02   Link #58
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
surprisingly the first episode was pretty decent. Going to continue watching this anime as I can see a lot of potential. Hope it'll be as decent as cross game.
Old 2012-01-10, 00:09   Link #59
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... well ... it's kind of ... erm ... cute? I guess? Not especially profound or anything, but not especially offensive.

I must admit that I literally lol'd when the person in the alien mask showed up. Wasn't expecting that. (Although I must admit that I had an immediate guess to who it was.)

Maybe I will give this a few more eps to see where it goes. 7/10 vote from me for this one.

Oh yes ... for some reason Nakatsuka's hair cracked me up whenever he popped up on the screen.
Old 2012-01-10, 01:08   Link #60
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Anyone know how long this anime is?
Unknown, but assuming the anime will adapt the manga reasonably faithfully, and based on the opponents he's facing in the OP...

It'll take 60-80 episodes for the confrontation against...

Spoiler for manga/OP:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sports