AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-15, 08:59   Link #1341
ArabianSwan
Ureshii ^_^

Send a message via AIM to ArabianSwan
Position: AFX on-screens typesetter (or if you think you can do it in .ass, then apply!)
Project: Denno Coil
Group: Ureshii
IRC Channel: #ureshii-recruits @ irc.rizon.net
Contact: Just say the name of any OP in the chan, or PM me here.

I posted this after I really gave up on doing these crazy signs. So we only need very expert AFX typesetters to match sign styles, movement, effect or whatever it is . If you have seen the first ep you would know what is needed.
Old 2007-05-15, 23:45   Link #1342
bobber205

Forgive me if this is the wrong place.

I see the need for timers in this page. And I just happen to want one of those positions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5qmaayLzFk <-- is my sample project I did this last weekend.

This is just my opinion but I think I did a fairly good job splitting up the words and timing it to the music. That song is very fast paced and was quite a trick to get the words to line up right.

Anyway, I would love to be a setter. If you guys are willing to bring in a new recruit to the fansubbing world, I would greatly appreciate it.

You can PM me here or email me at bobber205@gmail.com
Either way is perfectly fine.

Edit: Thought I should add something. I am planning on updating this post this weekend with another example. I am going to subtitle part of the Ah! My Goddess movie. So that'll be a more "real world" example of my abilities.

Arigato!

Last edited by bobber205; 2007-05-16 at 11:00.
Old 2007-05-19, 17:56   Link #1343
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Group: Sprocket Hole Subs
IRC: #sprocket-hole@irc.rizon.net
Positions: Translator and other positions still open
Projects: Hidamari Sketch and others as the summer progresses
E-mail: recruits ( a t ) sprocket-hole-subs.org

--IJ
Old 2007-05-22, 09:26   Link #1344
Gains
Rain lover

Group: We're in Denial fansubs
IRC: #windfs@irc.rizon.net
Position: Typesetter+AFXer
Projects: Lucky Star, Kyoshirou to Towa no Sora
E-mail contact: cpl_crud (at) shagtech (dot) com

Basically we are in need of Typesetters and AFXers for our current project Lucky Star and Kyoshirou to Towa no Sora. Staying for project is ok, but you can also stick around for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai which we will surely pick up on Summer 2007 season.

Cpl_Crud is your main guy to seek and we hope to hear from you. Will be glad if you will take the return ride to Hinamizawa with us
Old 2007-05-23, 07:02   Link #1345
pichu
*Fansubber

Group: For the Win!
Position: JP->EN Translator and Editor/QC; we can take Chinese->English Translator since we have a few Translation Checkers.
Current Project: iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia. The second project has yet to be decided.
Membership: Full FTP access, staff forums, staff site, staff IRC channel, and some other useful things.
Email: pichu[at]pichu.org
Nick: pichu/mikan/p/[ on irc.rizon.net
Channel: Undisclosed, but I'll be around most of the time.

For translators: Summer is coming, and if you're interested in joining our group as the permanent/dedicated translator, we will give you a warm welcome. If you want to start up fresh in a new group, we can arrange that too - as we have 4-5 Translation Checkers and handful of typesetters, who started this group.

For editors: If you're looking to be an editor, you must be a native English speaker, preferably in pursuit of a literature major or has some kind of [English] liberal arts degree.

For Quality Checkers: On top of being able to edit and/or translation check, you should also be familiarized with general fansubbing process.

Note:iDOLM@STER must progress! So, please help us out

Last edited by pichu; 2007-05-23 at 07:34.
Old 2007-05-23, 16:05   Link #1346
hideFan

Group: Surprise Subs
Position: Translators, ENCODERS, QC, Typesett, and a few editors
Current Project: We descided to do two of the most obscure anime out there that really need subs. Shin Bikkuriman (From the 80s) and Happy Lucky Bikkuriman. (We may add Super or 2000 later, but two is more than enough for now.) We have some VERY nice raws for this show. The encoder would need to be able to work with WMVs (All Share seems to have.)
Email: youko_kurama6781@yahoo.com OR GaoSalad@Gmail.com
Nick: GaoSalad
Channel: #Surprise-Subs @ irc.Media-Flux.net

Last edited by hideFan; 2007-05-23 at 21:29.
Old 2007-05-24, 06:47   Link #1347
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Group: Yoroshiku
Position: Translators; Typesetters
Projects: All
IRC: #Yoroshiku @ irc.rizon.net
Contact: Grv, or alternatively send an email to the address on our recruitment page.

As luck would have it, any backup translators that once were are now also busy. We are looking for additional translators so that we can try and get back up-to-date on our projects. We're also looking for additional typesetters as the backup disappeared.
Old 2007-05-24, 17:34   Link #1348
DranzerX13

Send a message via AIM to DranzerX13 Send a message via MSN to DranzerX13 Send a message via Yahoo to DranzerX13
Group: ZeroPositive
Position/s: Translator, QC
Project/s: Monster Farm
IRC:
Web: ZeroPositive website is currently in development
Contacts: DranzerX13@hotmail.com

We are looking for translators and Quality Checkers for our group so we can fansub Monster Farm. it was licensed by ADV at one time but it isn't licensed anymore, you can even check if you don't believe me. Right now only the Monster Farm games are licensed by Tecmo. the anime is not licensed no more.
Old 2007-05-25, 19:20   Link #1349
Bio.

Group: Neet Fansubs
Position/s: Translator, Timer, Encoder, Editor
Project/s: Unknown - Possibly Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica
IRC: #neet @ irc.rizon.net
Web: www.neetfansubs.com
Contacts: reidsmodernlife@gmail.com

We would like to pick up Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica, but we are unaware if that will be what we are doing. Thanks a lot!
Old 2007-05-26, 13:15   Link #1350
tarmade

Currently look for a position in any fansub group...

Position needed:Typesetting

I am a newbie who have minimal experience in typesetting. i need someone to guide me along. thks...
Old 2007-05-27, 15:20   Link #1351
Dnous
wut

Positions: Translators, Editors, Distro and QC'ers. Experience preferred, but not required.
Group: Hikikomore
Project: Saiunkoku Monogatari 2nd Series
Contact: #hikikomore@irc.rizon.net PM me or SayaSP there. Or contact me at dnous@nekonation.org

We're in desperate need of an TL, since our previous TL left due to some odd situations.

Last edited by Dnous; 2007-05-29 at 10:34.
Old 2007-05-28, 00:00   Link #1352
ドラマの殿下
百裂拳
*Fansubber

Group: Huzzah
IRC: #huzzah@irc.rizon.net
Position: Bot Provider

Looking for fast bots.
Old 2007-05-28, 05:33   Link #1353
Prons
Disabled By Request

Shin-Getter is looking for someone to do a really simple job. I made a really basic typeset for our two current projects Yuusha Raideen and Zambot 3, the only problem is that every release I find I gotta adjust the timings so they match up with the lyrics (Older shows used to have the Kanji lyrics burnt onto the screen) and a simple time shift won't do it, I don't think. So what I need is someone with the paitence to go into Sabbu and adjust the timings on every episode. E-mail PronsAmuro@gmail.com
Old 2007-05-28, 12:19   Link #1354
Crovax
A2000A
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Crovax Send a message via AIM to Crovax Send a message via MSN to Crovax Send a message via Yahoo to Crovax
Group: A2000A (After 2000 Anime)
Position: Translator(s), TL-checker, Raw Hunter
Projects: Mamotte! Lollipop, Tales of Symphonia
IRC: #a2000a@irc.chatspike.net
E-mail: R.Hossain@students.uu.nl
Contact: Speak with Blues on IRC or use aforementioned email addy.

Short description (Raw Provider): A Raw Provider who can consistently, reliably and quickly provide us with good, usuable source material for our fansubbing operations.

Short description (Translator): A translator who knows the language well, is dependable in responding to queries and communicating, won't go MIA and most importantly is motivated.

Description (Mamotte! Lollipop):
This series deserves subbing, we have released episode 1 last week and will hopefully release episode 2 this week. Episode 3 and 4 should be forthcoming too, but we are running out of scripts! We intend to see this through to the end, and hope we can find a translator willing to work with us on this. The dialogue in this series is reasonably simple, so it shouldn't take too long to translate an episode for a good, skilled translator.

Description (Tales of Symphonia):
Judging by the game and the trailers, this will be a great OVA. We have an enthusiastic crew and a good translator available for the project, but are currently looking for another translator (and/or TL-checker) for this project which will be starting in June. Someone with a strong grasp of the Japanese language who can spare a little time to help us out; the time commitment should be QUITE minimal since the airing schedule is very relaxed. Motivation would be a nice added bonus. ^_^

Last edited by Crovax; 2007-05-28 at 12:31.
Old 2007-05-28, 23:36   Link #1355
randall
Ayu Staff

Ayu is STILL looking for fresh bloooooooooooood!

We still need some dedicated staff, more specifically the following positions:

1 x TLC
1 x TS
1 x KaraokeFX
1 x Archive Bot
Many BT Seeders
1 x Graphics Designer (for website)

If you think you can help us in any way, feel free to hop on to #Ayu-Recruits @ irc.rizon.net and PM one of the OPs there.
Old 2007-05-29, 00:09   Link #1356
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Edit: Yoroshiku will be working on the series instead of us.

Group: Tatertotz
Position:
Projects: Umisho

Looking for someone who can provide episode raws shortly after the TV airing dates. season starts 07/03 26:00, which is in about a month.
if another group picks this up we will drop it. so if anyone knows of another group with plans please let me know. if anyone was interesting in translator, TL checker, or typesetter/encoder, let me know too.
thanx.

Last edited by Potatochobit; 2007-05-29 at 13:46.
Old 2007-05-29, 00:23   Link #1357
Hiei-

Position(s): Translation Helper
Group: #Frenchies-Subs
Project(s): Original Captain Tsubasa ('1983) / Dai no Daibouken
E-Mail: hiei.tf@tiscali.fr

The work would be to translate the few missing lines which often left once my translations are done (sometimes, voices are crappy or I just don't get the sentence, I'm not perfect, and as I don't want to put something if I'm not sure about it at all). I already have someone who do that (DarkSoul), but as he's veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy oftennnnnnnnnnnnn busyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, it often take a while to get only a few sentences I didn't got, so if someone is enough skilled and interested, feel free to contact me, it could speed up a lot the releases only with this little thing.
Old 2007-05-29, 12:30   Link #1358
livs20

Group: AnimeYoshi
Projects: Zombie-Loan, School Days, Kaze no Stigma
Position:
-Translation Checker: currently looking for a TLC for Zombie-Loan, must have good jp -> eng knowledge thanks.

-Timer: looking for a timer for School Days, must have some experience in timing

-Quality Checker: Having some experience is required should know a lot about QC.

-Typsetter: We need typsetter for school days or maybe zombie-loan, we currently have only 1 TS so 1 more would be helpfull.

IRC Channel: #animeyoshi@irc.rizon.net (main), #AY-recruit@irc.rizon.net (recruit chan), plz Contact Spinal or AizawaYuuichi thanks!

www.animeyoshi.org

Last edited by livs20; 2007-06-06 at 06:08.
Old 2007-05-29, 19:26   Link #1359
Nejikun

Well, my friend luke had the idea of forming a fansub/scanlator group, so yeah, if you know enough japanese and want to be part of a group, here's the info.

Position(s): translators, and we could use help with raw provider, Timer, typesetting, Fine tuning, and editing.
Group: FAsubs (also gonna do manga too )
Project(s): manga and avi ...once the team is formed will decide series
IRC Channel: #FA@irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: lukedono
E-Mail: lukeisbad(at)msn.com

Requirements: needs to know jp and done translations before or is willing to learn, as long as it makes sense we'll take care of editing the translations. You can visit us at www.future-anime.com

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Nejikun; 2007-05-29 at 21:58.
Old 2007-05-30, 00:33   Link #1360
Cloud668
Nice Boat.
*Fansubber

Post removed.

Last edited by Cloud668; 2014-06-16 at 20:08.
Closed Thread

Tags
help thread, recruitment, translator