AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-04, 20:18   Link #161
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

what can I say?

Old 2011-03-04, 20:22   Link #162
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

Quote:
Is it me or does Charlotte have magic boobs? They could be strapped down to pass as a boy but when a swimsuit is added they're well on their way to being motorboat material.
Well, Charlotte's special ability is "Rapid Switch" after all. ^_-
Old 2011-03-04, 21:07   Link #163
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
That, my fellow shipper, is win. xDD

Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-05, 11:33   Link #164
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Then Laura is 20 times better than Charlotte.
Erm... how is Laura forward and upfront with her feelings? She is stupid and foolhardy which is much different from being upfront and forward towards building a good relationship.

Laura is total newbie when it comes to building a relationship. That is indeed better than the tsuntsun crap with other girls (they all act basically the same derp) but in no way do I see her as being upfront and open about her feelings compared to Char. Being stupid and foolhardy isn't being upfront.

So far, even though this last episode was a bit of a letdown with regards to this, Char has acted just as a sensible girl would. She hasn't gone around vandalizing other girls, she hasn't forced her feelings onto Ichika and she hasn't acted totally in contradiction to what's in her head. Heck, she is the only one fine with letting Ichika be with other girls; she is the only one who acknowledges her rivals and is willing to work for her relationship than just wishing others away. She is also the only one who understands that Ichika is a blockhead and thus not much is to be expected of him (others get too emotional). Obviously, she is a girl in a crappy harem show and thus she will display stereotypical harem female traits here and there but at least she is a believable and sensible girl unlike every other girl in this show.

Regarding Laura, the fact that she is a total blob when it comes to interacting with men means I will let her off easy with a lot of stuff I won't let other girls with. But Char is far ahead of Laura both in terms of being a good person and in terms of feminine charm. She is willing to help this idiotic girl anyway.
Old 2011-03-05, 12:09   Link #165
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

Come to think of it, is it ever stated in the LN how Charlotte and Laura got so close to each other? Without further information, I can only conclude the following:

Spoiler for Image:

Actually, what's really surprising me about Charlotte is just how self aware she is, I'm starting to even think that she even knows to some extent that she's in a harem anime. If she ever calls Houki out on her "First Girl Introduced Advantage", I think we may have a Rank SSS Anime Singularity on our hands.
Old 2011-03-05, 17:58   Link #166
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiikamayo View Post
Spoiler for Image:

Well she does know how to drive that piler into Laura.
Old 2011-03-06, 02:12   Link #167
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

I <3 Charlotte~ She just made my number 1. She's so kawaii~~~ >W<b
Old 2011-03-06, 02:34   Link #168
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Erm... how is Laura forward and upfront with her feelings? She is stupid and foolhardy which is much different from being upfront and forward towards building a good relationship.

Laura is total newbie when it comes to building a relationship. That is indeed better than the tsuntsun crap with other girls (they all act basically the same derp) but in no way do I see her as being upfront and open about her feelings compared to Char. Being stupid and foolhardy isn't being upfront.

So far, even though this last episode was a bit of a letdown with regards to this, Char has acted just as a sensible girl would. She hasn't gone around vandalizing other girls, she hasn't forced her feelings onto Ichika and she hasn't acted totally in contradiction to what's in her head. Heck, she is the only one fine with letting Ichika be with other girls; she is the only one who acknowledges her rivals and is willing to work for her relationship than just wishing others away. She is also the only one who understands that Ichika is a blockhead and thus not much is to be expected of him (others get too emotional). Obviously, she is a girl in a crappy harem show and thus she will display stereotypical harem female traits here and there but at least she is a believable and sensible girl unlike every other girl in this show.

Regarding Laura, the fact that she is a total blob when it comes to interacting with men means I will let her off easy with a lot of stuff I won't let other girls with. But Char is far ahead of Laura both in terms of being a good person and in terms of feminine charm. She is willing to help this idiotic girl anyway.
I agree with the above statement ^
Old 2011-03-06, 04:32   Link #169
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Charlotte is unconditionally my favorite character. Her character is a standalone from the rest of the cast; she neither talks trash to Ichika or physically torments him.

So...... <3
Old 2011-03-06, 05:11   Link #170
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recite View Post
Charlotte is unconditionally my favorite character. Her character is a standalone from the rest of the cast; she neither talks trash to Ichika or physically torments him.

So...... <3
Couldn't agree more! She's the sane one out of the 5+ lol XD
Old 2011-03-06, 05:25   Link #171
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post

Spoiler for rest of post:
I don't think it's fair to be knocking on Laura as an idiot. Going by what we've seen, it's not about low levels of male interaction, this girl just plain has no experience of any interaction of the sort outside of the job. And that's what needs to be looked at first; this girl is what I'd like to call a manufactured weapon, who grew up eating weapons for breakfast, and what happens when we first see her at the IS school? She treated every but Chifuyu with contempt, and she was out for blood. Most importantly against Ichika, who afterwards opened her eyes, and this part is important.

We can't be calling her an idiot because she isn't the one giving herself [most of] the orders. Look who's been advising this total noob on her first doki-doki: Clarissa. Laura the weapon doesn't know what to do, so like every soldier she looks up the chain of command. If I had a commander like Clarissa giving me orders, I'd sure as hell follow them. Heck, the only advice to Laura I bring into question would be Clarissa's reference to Ichika as "the bride". But can we call Laura an idiot for lack of common sense? So far she hasn't done anything stupid in the Sousuke Sagara'ish way, so simply put right now she's experiencing what other Anime would call "having friends."

And I think it's great Shirley is nice to her.
Old 2011-03-06, 05:41   Link #172
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

This is a nitpick, but I believe from the japanese audio, its Clarissa who's the vice-captain and Laura the captain of Black Hares...
Old 2011-03-06, 05:47   Link #173
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

I'm going with the idea that there are no favourites for me, beacuse well every girl will have their moment, I believe I think that in the early part Charlotte takes the lead but, well it can't be said since the race is still a long way more and Chifuyu-nee san is the way I think who is winning. haha
Old 2011-03-06, 10:42   Link #174
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
This is a nitpick, but I believe from the japanese audio, its Clarissa who's the vice-captain and Laura the captain of Black Hares...
Yeah, I remember the part where they said they are behind her all the way or something like that. I'm not going to blame my health here, but the general idea I am trying to get across is that Laura was seeking advice from an elder third party who she believes is more knowledgeable in those affairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
I'm going with the idea that there are no favourites for me, beacuse well every girl will have their moment, I believe I think that in the early part Charlotte takes the lead but, well it can't be said since the race is still a long way more and Chifuyu-nee san is the way I think who is winning. haha
Lol with the recent ep I have been trying to fight the Chifuyu love within me...must not give in to the tied hair....
Old 2011-03-07, 08:29   Link #175
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

Quote:
To be honest, I'm pretty happy with this anime's distribution of attention on the girls, it's surprisingly fair all things given unlike other anime that repeatedly ram the main heroine's face into the screen. Actually, given how Charlotte barely appears in the OP and is the 4th "girl" introduced, she's been receiving a very generous amount of screen time that I certainly appreciate. Sadly, I doubt this will last till the end of the series, especially since Houki seems to be getting a deadly upgrade next episode, but it's fun to believe that there might be a remote chance that fans can affect the outcome of a story with a favorite character upset like Charlotte who only occurs once in a blue moon and who may actually be able to break the "First Girl Wins" rule through sheer likability.

With Laura, I originally didn't like her all that much, but now that she is revealed to have an ultra girlish side and is best friends with Charlotte despite both having interest in Ichika, I can only hope that Laura gets some very bad information from HQ about Japan's most dearly held Yuri traditions. Definitely wouldn't complain if they made a friendship triangle with Nohohon-chan though, which judging from the picture where they are wearing similar cat pajamas, may actually happen.

Spoiler for Ichika's Gift to Charlotte in the LN mentioned a bit back:

Last edited by Shiikamayo; 2011-03-07 at 09:23.
Old 2011-03-07, 15:40   Link #176
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Yeah, I remember the part where they said they are behind her all the way or something like that. I'm not going to blame my health here, but the general idea I am trying to get across is that Laura was seeking advice from an elder third party who she believes is more knowledgeable in those affairs.
Yeah she trusts Clarissa for advice, sadly the advice from an otaku isn't really that great if they aren't genre savvy enough.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-03-07, 22:59   Link #177
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yeah she trusts Clarissa for advice, sadly the advice from an otaku isn't really that great if they aren't genre savvy enough.
BLASPHEMY! An otaku's advice is the BEST ADVICE FOR NIPPON!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-03-07, 23:21   Link #178
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
BLASPHEMY! An otaku's advice is the BEST ADVICE FOR NIPPON!
I don't know if I should agree or not XD
Old 2011-03-08, 07:15   Link #179
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Roy View Post
I don't know if I should agree or not XD
I'll tell you one thing, the advice is working against me so far.

Assault with a deadly kiss, then the girl practically proposes, and then bedtime sleep in the nude, and then a day at the beach with her wearing a tiny Strike Witches sized bikini with a twintail hairdo, it......IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE AGAINST MY DESIRES

The question if Clarissa influenced all of the above is highly probable, considering how cute Laura has become ahem I mean this is a Shirley thread, so uh back on T, I think I'm liking a pattern here. Clarissa jump starting the advice, followed by Shirley refining it with her friendly lady-like assurances. Laura's got it good, compared to the other duo anyways (Cecilia x RinLinwhateverhernameis) .
Old 2011-03-08, 10:17   Link #180
Yusei Fudo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Yes France wins >:3

Bye Bye to the other countries trying to take our Ichika!
Closed Thread

Tags
characters