AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-27, 20:37   Link #921
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Jun Fukuyama voices Yata? Why didn't I notice? Maybe because Yata does not appear to have magic eyes?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 22:31   Link #922
yari_mari

Okay, I've heard someone from Tumblr that gives a good theory on Tatara's murder. While it may seem a third person may be involved in this case, it could be someone close to Tatara or knows (or working for) Evil!Shiro.

I don't know, I did give my own theories about it, but I think the video's not showing the entire picture on Tatara's murder. It's plausible the video is doctored (judging by the high-tech setting of K) but I don't think Homura is that dumb to blame the murder on a random person.

With all that mess I just threw up, my head's starting to hurt with all these strange gaps that's left out in order to see the full picture of our beloved Tatara's murder. I apologize if what I said here doesn't make much sense.
yari_mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 01:20   Link #923
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Oh yeah, after rewatching Ep3, I noticed something. After Yashiro killed Tatara, a truck disappeared. That truck was filled apparently "enough guns and ammo and weaponry to open a gun shop". What if the flash bombs Yashiro used in Episode 2 were from that truck?
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 05:19   Link #924
niffum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Oh yeah, after rewatching Ep3, I noticed something. After Yashiro killed Tatara, a truck disappeared. That truck was filled apparently "enough guns and ammo and weaponry to open a gun shop". What if the flash bombs Yashiro used in Episode 2 were from that truck?
I'm guessing that was the truck those English-speaking gangsters were talking about in episode 1 and I got the impression that the gun used on Tatara came from said stolen truck. As for what Shiro used in episode 2, weren't they just some of the fireworks he'd been sent out to buy?
niffum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 10:19   Link #925
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

K's mildly entertaining at this point. It's at least pretty to watch, but its plot and characters are lacking. Best character would have to be Kuroh, on account of his personality quirks. I'd have said I liked the cleaning robots, but my love for them is wearing thin the more that the series goes on without making its other characters interesting. (The robots are good, but they can't carry the show alone!)

At this point I think the only way I'm going to like Yashiro is if he turns out to be an evil mastermind after all. Preferably one who's messed with his own memories. A mere split personality or twin or clone or whatever just won't be good enough. I think he could have been interesting if only he had been given some more character depth, but it's four episodes into the series and he just hasn't got it. Neither has anyone, really. Only him being a cool manipulative villain/anti-hero will be enough to redeem him now!

Neko was pretty cute this ep. I liked seeing her antics this time, but I'm still very disappointed that she turned out to be a thick-as-a-brick catgirl. It's such a waste. Again, there's a possibility she'll end up as morally ambiguous or interesting, or that she knows more than she's saying, but that would be very difficult to reconcile with her current persona. It could be done, but it would need to be well written.

The other characters...Well, they've got potential, but I just don't know whether they'll be given enough screen time to be worthwhile. So far, although we have got a plot, IMO it doesn't seem to have a lot of charm, and it hasn't gone anywhere much for a while. Next ep, people should at least be after Shiro again. It's repetitive, but let's see how the writers handle it.

I've read comments about K at a few places, and I'm finding it hilarious how some people are hating on K because of it being "yaoi", "gay" or "shounen ai". I think those people must never have seen an actual shounen ai series. There are many series where some types of yaoi fangirls swear blind that characters are 100% gay and that every moment on screen with them is a hardcore yaoi moment, when that is not really the case and they just have their yaoi goggles on far too tight. It's as if some homophobic fanboys have accidentally duct-taped those yaoi goggles to their faces while watching K, and are panicking.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 13:23   Link #926
Eclipze

They could have removed episode 2 and 3, take the important stuff from those episodes then put them into this one, and we would not have lost much. The energy from episode 1 has depleted at this point, sadly.

Padding out the episodes with repeated character quirks isn't working out so well IMO.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 13:39   Link #927
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I think what's hurting the show for me right now is that it just feels like it's lacking direction at what is the 1/3 mark of the entire series, which is never a good sign. I just see little reason to stick with this right now as very little is coming together or clicking for me at the pace I would expect it to for such a short series. I'm not getting much of anything from the antics of the main trio who haven't really progressed as characters much (I need to actually know about a cast and what makes them tick to be able to laugh at their actions) since the start of the show and honestly it has nothing to do with the Yaoi or BL vibe or whatever people are getting (though lately they are admittedly starting to lay it on a little thick as if they expect to satisfy the audience while they scramble to come up with a coherent plotline), they're just bland characters in a story and setting that could easily be very interesting (I don't know how they're doing the whole factional warfare thing and failing so completely to make ample use of it to develop the cast and it's conflicts) but needs to actually start going somewhere.

As it stands I'm going to be putting this series on hold to see if it ends up going anywhere interesting in the next month or so, but somehow I'm not holding my breath. I think I know a meandering aimless series when I see one and so far K seems to fit all the usual trends. If this were 26 episodes I honestly wouldn't have any problem with where things are in K right now though.

By the way I think at this point I officially do not care for the main character Shiro at all. There's just something rather bland and off-putting about him...maybe it's that his voice actor Daisuke Namikawa who I've often found is extremely hit or miss is playing him a little too overly effeminate to the point where it's almost a little uncomfortable and feels unnatural (there's just something about the performance that unnerves me in a way that effeminate voice acting usually doesn't...maybe it's the lack of flamboyance and the fact that it's pretty much played straight up) maybe it's just his lack of really doing much of anything interesting since the 2nd episode where he managed to fake out Kuro a little, but yeah just not really compelling at all as a main character so far and with a kind of annoying companion in Neko and another character that's just okay in Kuro that's kind of a game breaker for me at the moment.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 13:46   Link #928
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
K's mildly entertaining at this point. It's at least pretty to watch, but its plot and characters are lacking. Best character would have to be Kuroh, on account of his personality quirks. I'd have said I liked the cleaning robots, but my love for them is wearing thin the more that the series goes on without making its other characters interesting. (The robots are good, but they can't carry the show alone!)

At this point I think the only way I'm going to like Yashiro is if he turns out to be an evil mastermind after all. Preferably one who's messed with his own memories. A mere split personality or twin or clone or whatever just won't be good enough. I think he could have been interesting if only he had been given some more character depth, but it's four episodes into the series and he just hasn't got it. Neither has anyone, really. Only him being a cool manipulative villain/anti-hero will be enough to redeem him now!

Neko was pretty cute this ep. I liked seeing her antics this time, but I'm still very disappointed that she turned out to be a thick-as-a-brick catgirl. It's such a waste. Again, there's a possibility she'll end up as morally ambiguous or interesting, or that she knows more than she's saying, but that would be very difficult to reconcile with her current persona. It could be done, but it would need to be well written.

The other characters...Well, they've got potential, but I just don't know whether they'll be given enough screen time to be worthwhile. So far, although we have got a plot, IMO it doesn't seem to have a lot of charm, and it hasn't gone anywhere much for a while. Next ep, people should at least be after Shiro again. It's repetitive, but let's see how the writers handle it.

I've read comments about K at a few places, and I'm finding it hilarious how some people are hating on K because of it being "yaoi", "gay" or "shounen ai". I think those people must never have seen an actual shounen ai series. There are many series where some types of yaoi fangirls swear blind that characters are 100% gay and that every moment on screen with them is a hardcore yaoi moment, when that is not really the case and they just have their yaoi goggles on far too tight. It's as if some homophobic fanboys have accidentally duct-taped those yaoi goggles to their faces while watching K, and are panicking.
I really enjoy K for me it's a goodmix of action, mystery, supernatural and comedy(i thing after 4 episodes it's showed who this tread need a "comedy" tag too) because this show is definitly a light comedy too not just only action and supernatural and about the "yaoi/shounen-ai" i thing the problem is because how to much effeminate shiro is portraited, he "blush" on a guy, have a light voice, make some gay jokes("mine wife made this", "this is from mine wife"), the only thing who not let shiro cross the yaoi bordeline is neko, because looks like maybe they gona start to develop him relationship with her on next episodes(judging on how he hold her hand while protecting her from kuroh), but for now the writes dont make too much clear shiro sexuality, and most of the male cast are too much bishonem, this leader to ppls who really dont know what differ "gay" mangas and animes from hetero with character with designer to look like are from both gender to make sure ppls fron any gender can like to watch, a good exemple is yatagamo kuroh before anime starts on the povs i missinterpreted him as a girl not a male, only after watch at last 3 times same pov and see others pov and read some spoilers/news i find he is a guy, and if u read the mangas or LN(who are focused on the homra and scepter 4 groups story before anime story start; at last in the homra manga who i read the glass guy who is ex-homra and now work on scepter is a playboy womaniser he get to sleep with a differ girl each night this not exactly a spoiler), and some of the others homra guy have girlfriends(or have ex- or have some girls crush), but if u watch carefull all chapters until now u can say who maybe this anime can be yuri too, because have at last 2 potential yuri girls(kukuri friend who aways jealous while kukuri is near or talking with a guy, and blushed while see neko for the first time and the student concil vice-president girl), this lead ppls to get wrong conclusions about anime tag, but for me is more like the write try to make sure everyone(heteros, yaoi and yuri fans) can enjoy the show.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 15:14   Link #929
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I"m liking K; is it the best series out there? Hell no.

For starters, as someone said, there's not been much of a focus so far, and it's about to reach its halfway point. Might be fine for a 22-24 episode season, but for 13, it's not a good sign.

The only interesting characters in this so far are NotShizuo(forgot his name), Creepy Glasses in the Blue Man Group and the Redhead, whom we've only seen a few times.

The best character in the whole series is Kuroh. Can we have a spinoff with him? The powers that be can have him cook and have Ono sing cooking songs. Also, in all seriousness, I'm more interested in whatever happened to King Ichigen Aizen then seeing Italia run around and how Kuroh came to serve under King Aizen.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 16:03   Link #930
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm kind of surprised that people are annoyed at the cat being, well, a cat.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 16:30   Link #931
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I know right?

I like Neko. She's not supposed to be sexual she's a CAT.

Unless you like that sort of thing....
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 18:01   Link #932
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I think the video has been altered with footage missing. I also agree that there is a 3rd entity at the scene. Remember, Shiro said that he was waiting for someone.

If you're shot, you don't turn the video to get a picture of your chest and then magically focus it on Shiro in your last moments. Plus, the lighting is different for the chest scene.
Old 2012-10-28, 18:14   Link #933
Konja7

I really like "K". The story progresses slowly, but I still like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I"m liking K; is it the best series out there? Hell no.

For starters, as someone said, there's not been much of a focus so far, and it's about to reach its halfway point. Might be fine for a 22-24 episode season, but for 13, it's not a good sign.

The only interesting characters in this so far are NotShizuo(forgot his name), Creepy Glasses in the Blue Man Group and the Redhead, whom we've only seen a few times.

The best character in the whole series is Kuroh. Can we have a spinoff with him? The powers that be can have him cook and have Ono sing cooking songs. Also, in all seriousness, I'm more interested in whatever happened to King Ichigen Aizen then seeing Italia run around and how Kuroh came to serve under King Aizen.
I read that there will be a new manga and will be called "K: Stray Dog Story" (It will be serialized in the magazine Good! Afternoon). I read the story focuses on Kuroh.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 18:54   Link #934
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Neko is fanservice throughout the current episodes.....

Hope they change it sooner or later... or this will go BTOOOM!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 19:18   Link #935
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
She's not just a random cat, though, she's one of the three main characters to the series, and the only main female character. But so far all she's done is engage in cute cat antics and run around naked a lot for fanservice. She hasn't got any character depth to speak of, based on the first four eps... and that is disappointing. Of course, K's strength is obviously not in its characterisation, because it hasn't managed to do much for the rest of the cast yet either. But Neko seems to be doing especially badly. The worry on finding out that she was going to be a catgirl was that the writers would be relying on stereotypes like this. There's still time for them to develop her further as a character, but so far they've shown no inclination to do so.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 20:01   Link #936
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well, she did say that she was a cat and her shots are her being naked alot. I wasn't expecting a lot of development on her character. In reality, she acting like a kitten and not an adult cat.
Old 2012-10-28, 20:03   Link #937
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well, she did say that she was a cat and her shots are her being naked alot. I wasn't expecting a lot of development on her character. In reality, she acting like a kitten and not an adult cat.
Thank goodness.. can't wait till they animate her first "heat".....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 20:47   Link #938
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by yari_mari View Post

I don't know, I did give my own theories about it, but I think the video's not showing the entire picture on Tatara's murder. It's plausible the video is doctored (judging by the high-tech setting of K) but I don't think Homura is that dumb to blame the murder on a random person.

Just read your theories; where does it say they didn't find a body? Why are people so sure he is dead, if that is the case?
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 20:48   Link #939
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Thank goodness.. can't wait till they animate her first "heat".....
Gawsh, you're bringing back horribad memories of mine...those sleepless nights where my kitten would just meowww.....and meowwwww....and meowwwwwwwww because of being in heat.

Man I wanted to cry

Seems like this series is trying to go for shock value, though finding the bloodied shirt wasn't much of a surprise.

2 possibilities: 1) Just another set up. If someone can go through the trouble to make a video look like him, then it's not too hard to put a bloodied up shirt in his closet (funny the cat can't smell the blood).

2) Second possibility: He does have two sides to him, an evil and a normal one, and I sure as hell hope theres an evil side to him. And if that's the case, I hope ms. neko chan also has an evil side to her that she's unaware about.

Who wants to see evil neko?
Old 2012-10-28, 21:08   Link #940
mayumi

i got to say this series is funny. kuroh is hilarious and that tape recorder sayings are funny. kukuri is also another funny character.
neko is alright, i hope they develop her more.
shiro is the main guy who is a bit dull other than when he being sly and making silly comments about his "wife". his best moments are with kuroh.

i enjoy the rest of the cast of bishonens. LOL.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural