AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-19, 19:40   Link #661
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I held my breath a full ten seconds as the lander slowly descended to the lunar surface. I finally exhaled in awe has Hibito leapt to tne surface like a child who had finallh reached their dream.

Truly, thouthfully, powerful and moving moments.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 10:11   Link #662
ookamigirl

Hibito was really enjoying himself.
Taking off the suits part was kinda LOL
Guess everyone was not comfortable with it since they are on the moon.
Well, everyone except Hibito ^^
He was just totally carefree, but it took the pressure off of everyone else.
Mutta at home, waiting for the test results..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 10:40   Link #663
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Haha, I knew Hibito was going to remove his suit without thinking twice. The others were being a little too paranoid about this. What are you going to do if you can't even trust the instruments?

At last, we will finally get the results next week. I bet they won't show Mizoguchi.
Old 2012-11-25, 11:29   Link #664
cyth
Banned

I just hope they won't be focusing solely on Makabe for the entire next episode. Quite seriously, I'm going to stop watching if they spend another five episodes before they call Mutta. Post-exam and Houston arcs have been stretched way too much for me to care anymore.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 12:17   Link #665
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

OMG! Aiiens!

Maybe they'll end up meeting Sora and her friends from Oh! Edo Rocket at their moonbase!
Spoiler for Moonbase image:
For a while there during dinner I thought I was watching the Tale of Genji with all that poetry. I presume Dad was doing his usual imitations of famous Japanese television personalities in that scene.

Luck seems an important concept to the Japanese. Mutta seems obsessed with it, though I suppose that has something to do with the "agony of Doha." I've noticed that characters in JRPGs often have luck as an attribute.

Speaking of JRPGs, I wondered for a long time why the "booby prizes" you get in the lotteries in the Shadow Hearts games were tissues. I learned later, in some anime I guess, that tissues are the standard Japanese consolation prize. Getting toilet paper as a bonus probably diminished Mutta's luck quota by some extra amount.

Like Kanon, I was giggling in expectation of watching Hibito walk nonchalantly in without his helmet on. The ominous background music by the string quartet during that scene was new, I think, and quite lovely. It recalled similar moments in movies like 2001 and Alien.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 12:53   Link #666
Kirarakim

Is it just me or did anyone else think man I wish I could win a bunch of toilet paper and tissues...that stuff is expensive.

Well I wouldn't mind winning a large screen TV either. I still have my 20th inch (non-flat screen).

My favorite part was definitely the Hibito helmet scene though.

And yes I hope they announce all the winning candidates next week. The storyline has been dragged on a bit too long. A good thing though I think Uchuu Kyoudai previews tend to be a bit misleading.
Old 2012-11-25, 13:19   Link #667
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Is it just me or did anyone else think man I wish I could win a bunch of toilet paper and tissues...that stuff is expensive.
Wait until the day comes when you start buying diapers!
Old 2012-11-25, 13:54   Link #668
Dop
Mmmm....

I thought "I've seen that moon rover before". Except this one's a bit smaller.

Actually, the thing I liked the best about this episode was the "all eyes are on the moon" scene.
It was so wonderfully redolent of those early Apollo days.

Last edited by Dop; 2012-11-25 at 14:05.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 14:11   Link #669
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I kept waiting for a scene where Mutta and Sharon used her telescope. That looked powerful enough to see the base.
Old 2012-11-25, 14:27   Link #670
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I kept waiting for a scene where Mutta and Sharon used her telescope. That looked powerful enough to see the base.
Oh yes, I'd be surprised if we didn't get that.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 17:47   Link #671
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
It's definitely better than nothing, but it's not exactly a dream prize
Old 2012-11-25, 19:18   Link #672
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Speaking of JRPGs, I wondered for a long time why the "booby prizes" you get in the lotteries in the Shadow Hearts games were tissues. I learned later, in some anime I guess, that tissues are the standard Japanese consolation prize. Getting toilet paper as a bonus probably diminished Mutta's luck quota by some extra amount.
There's also the fact that everywhere you go in Tokyo, someone is handing out packs of tissues with advertising on them for free. It's like the ultimate zero value sundry.

I, too, hope they're not going to milk the announcements by spending an entire ep on every person who gets a call before getting to Mutta. Love the show, but it's time to move on to the next phase of Mutta's dream.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 21:56   Link #673
Rahan

Quote:
Not really. Even the european VLT in Chili cannot resolve the Apollo's landing sites as they are now since they are not bright. (it can only seen the contrast between brights objects) With a crew on site, it's possible to shine some lights and be visible from the VLT, but it's completely impossible for them (or their landing site) to be visible from a smaller observatory like Sharon's.

That's why there are still Apollo doubters. The moon is so close people think it would be easy to show the landing sites and stuff, but well, it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I thought "I've seen that moon rover before". Except this one's a bit smaller.
A prototype of this rover also appears in Discovery Channel's "Space Pioneer". I can't see if it's the same as the one from your video since your video is blocked in my country but I assume it is since NASA is mentioned in the title.

I had just watched that episode of Space Pioneer a few days before reading the manga chapter and I couldn't believe it when the rover appeared in the manga. They didn't insist enough on how you enter the rover while letting the suit outside. I thought it was pretty cool.

Last edited by Rahan; 2012-11-25 at 22:18.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 00:27   Link #674
Gravitas Free Zone

Considering the pace of the show so far, I expected that it would take an entire episode before we got to Kenji's final results. Not having it be a cliffhanger for once was nice.

Random thing to note: The phone that's being used to make the calls has a cord from the handset to the base unit, but no cord from the base unit to the wall.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 00:32   Link #675
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Considering the pace of the show so far, I expected that it would take an entire episode before we got to Kenji's final results. Not having it be a cliffhanger for once was nice.

Random thing to note: The phone that's being used to make the calls has a cord from the handset to the base unit, but no cord from the base unit to the wall.
The pacing of the show is great, but this is probably the one time when I am actually quite unsatisfied with the episode.I understand that a Japanese audience is in mind with this show. The pacing when it comes to character development is great. I don't think it was a good move to do character development as the results get disseminated. I mean, are they going to do this for every side character who took the test. That's 7 more weeks of this format. I don't really care for Kenji, just want to know what will happen to Nanba.. though the episode was decent. That's what I like about this show. When an episode is on that I absolutely hate, it's still quite good in terms of quality. Very rare thing that exist on TV. This show is pretty much a unicorn that poops icecream with rainbow sprinkles on top.
lordblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 00:33   Link #676
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I feel bad for the bald guy for making these long phone calls...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 00:52   Link #677
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordblazer View Post
The pacing of the show is great, but this is probably the one time when I am actually quite unsatisfied with the episode. [...] I don't think it was a good move to do character development as the results get disseminated.
I fully agree there. This show has been great with character development, but it just got a bit boring that Kenji's flashback was worked into the loooooooooong phone call. As it was, seeing his somewhat-bland life mixed in with his great aspirations made it more of a foregone conclusion that he would pass in the end, which undercut the drama a bit. It even undermined his poker-face act at the end, at which point I was saying to the monitor "We just watched your entire life story. You passed! Stop messing with us!" (Since so far the show hasn't yanked the rug out from under us very often.)

Obligatory Monty Python reference, to TL;DR what I was thinking.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 03:04   Link #678
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say I was agreeing with Kenji during this episode. Don't need the long introduction, just get to the point! I mean sure, I fully expect that Kenji, Serika, and Mutta are all passing this, but just spit it out!

Made me less interested in what was going on with Kenji since I just wanted a confirmation first. Could have said "you passed" and then flash through his history. I mean it was nice enough focus on how he got to know his wife and his background, but still this episode felt really long because of it.

Luckily we have delved into Serika's past somewhat before so hopefully it won't take a whole episode for her. I say hopefully, but we're probably going to take a full episode on that as well. God help us if they leave Mutta for last.

Well hopefully they don't do this for everyone. Since outside of the main three I don't really care about the others. Well other than confirming that the one guy failed.
Old 2012-12-02, 06:44   Link #679
Aesthetic Shampoo

I really really liked this episode. It obviously wasn't the same for most people here but i completely forgot about the exam results for awhile because i was so engrossed into Kenji's life. Especially the part with him meeting his wife, that was so nice.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 06:48   Link #680
ookamigirl

The call from JAXA.
Flashbacks about Ken-chan's life were nice.
At least we got to know him better.
After all that long intro, I gald he passed ^^
This episode was all about him.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction, seinen