Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-03, 12:49   Link #41
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I wouldn't bother counting them, there's some every year.
The 11 that were introduced to us just happened to be that year's, basically Luffy's peers.
In other words, there should be dozens, if not hundreds, around. Hell some of the big boys are probably a supernova at least at some point.

He doesn't. He says so right in the chapter itself.

Unless that's another one of the panda fails...
I just skimmed through Panda translations after someone pointed out something to me, good lord it's full of mistranslations and mistakes.
Panda was actually decent this time (I compared it to a certain blog site who was a week behind). But there isn't that big a change.
Old 2013-04-03, 13:16   Link #42
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
A female gladiator with the mera mera fruit as new nakama would be cool. I'm jumping on this bandwagon!
In comes Daniel Bryan: "YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!"

Make it HAPPEN!
Old 2013-04-03, 13:22   Link #43
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Panda was actually decent this time (I compared it to a certain blog site who was a week behind). But there isn't that big a change.
By decent you mean they missed an entire entry box, missed character references, and translated "chopping heads" as "springs"?
For god's sake some of the dialog were changed to mean the complete opposite for crying out loud.
If that's what you call "decent this time", I'd hate to see when it's not.
Old 2013-04-03, 13:52   Link #44
james0246

Quote:
A grievous bodily injury is considered decent when compared to death .

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post

n btw, luffy reminds me of Gan Fall in his gladiator costume lol

I like the idea, but 20 some years previous he would have been hanging with Roger up in Skypiea, not fighting in 1000s of matches.

In fact, I expect whoever this mysterious gladiator is, they will have some sort of connection to Roger.
Old 2013-04-03, 13:55   Link #45
marvelB

As I said in a previous thread, it would be best to stick with Mangarule as far as decent translation goes. Panda is just way too darn sloppy to be reliable....

Anyways, awesome chapter. It's great that we're introduced to all of these big forces from around the NW. Surprisingly, I find myself most interested in Cavendish. It's pretty rare for Oda to make bishie characters (that's more of Mashima's schtick), but I like how this guy is being handled (that one fat guy falling for him, randomly eating that rose, being jealous of Luffy's generation of supernovas, his annoyance at being ignored ). I really want to see this guy's fighting style because I find it darned impressive that he has such a high bounty for a dude with no DF ability. Dude must be quite a skilled haki user, indeed....

As far as the other contestants go, I sort of question Oda's choice in introducing a clearly Arab-inspired dude as a terrorist who bombed a government facility, but.... well, maybe there's more to that guy's story. Those Chinjao guys look pretty interesting, too (though the face of the guy who yelled at Luffy sure looks similar to Don Krieg's.....). I wonder if Hanokuni is related to Wano in any way (I mean, are they like neighboring countries or something)? I also kinda think it would be interesting if the Eggman-lookalike and his king will have some importance, as well (though I don't see either of them becoming finalists in the tournament). As for Rebecca..... well, silly crewmate delusions aside, I'm actually interesting in learning her story, too. I kinda wonder if she's from Amazon Lily? Granted, that place most likely isn't the only island with amazon warriors, but seeing as they even have their own fighting arena and such, I don't think it's such a far-fetched assumption......

Oh, and the fact that Burgess is in the tournament now makes it LESS likely for any of the Straw-Hats to eat the mera fruit if you ask me (not that I ever believed any of them would ever eat it in the first place, mind you ). Now it's very much possible that the power will belong to Blackbeard's crew instead.....
Old 2013-04-03, 13:56   Link #46
Drriton
Naruto D. Uchia

Amazing chapter
Bellamy huh ? i think oda brought him here just to prove the strength of the others by beating him with ease i dont think lucy is going to beat him again this is one piece lame stuff like that would be annoying he may came here for revenge and will help luffy to defeat Mingo
Rebecca the undefeated woman she looks to know the secret about Kyros and i think she will be defeated and than asking lucy for help and tell him and us the whole story and she joining tha SH only if Franky is building a colloseum for her on the sunny (with other words i dont like the theory about 3 girls that would be too much for sanji ).
Cavendish over 200 mios is not match at all for lucy but he was saying what he was going to do after he gets the fruit i wonder what but one is for sure he hate the supernovas but changing to luffys side wouldn't be surprising .
The Firs Fleet Captain Jesus Burgess he will be a tough opponent im sure mingo invited him to weak luffy before he is going against diamante mingo is assuming that no one can beat Burgess only luffy but his plan could be not going as planned and it would be a big surprise if someone manage to beat him and blackbeard wont let that fruit sliping that easily .
But one thing is for sure lucy will win it not matter how
Old 2013-04-03, 14:04   Link #47
JohnnyBud

Seems like a good theory

Woah, I just had a crazy theory. Maybe the Blind Guy is Kyros, okay. The scar on his face looks very similar to the scar that was left on Whitebeard's chest by Gol D. Roger. Sooooooooo!!, maybe the scar on the Blind Guys face was dealt by Gol D. Roger and that was the only hit he took out of those 3000 undefeated battles. He was gone 20 years ago probably because he went to the execution to show some respect.

Also, they said in the Fishman Island Arc that the Blackbeard's were on a hunt for DFs so it makes sense that Blackbeard sent Jesus Burgess to dressrosa. But does he really think that Burgess will win, idk , there's probably going to be some twist at the end of the tournament.
Old 2013-04-03, 14:05   Link #48
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

The statue of Kyros looks nothing like the blind man.

Theory debunked.
Old 2013-04-03, 14:06   Link #49
mrShady

Quote:
By decent you mean they missed an entire entry box, missed character references, and translated "chopping heads" as "springs"?
For god's sake some of the dialog were changed to mean the complete opposite for crying out loud.
Must have auto corrected those then. I can't be bothered to check what's different but I thought the general story of the chapter was the same (though the dialog boxes were different most of them came down to the same thing).
So for a bamboo eating critter they were decent. But the others just Rule..... sorry for the lame wordplay
Old 2013-04-03, 14:09   Link #50
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post

Theory debunked.
Save for the fact that no one actually knows what Kyros looked like, and many think he is a myth. So, theory not debunked for the simple reason that nothing is known of the character and even his bronzed appearance could be an artists rendition based on rumour (similar to how Luffy is supposed to be 8 feet tall).

---

btw, is Rebecca actually smaller than Luffy?
Old 2013-04-03, 14:24   Link #51
marvelB

I doubt that Kyros is the blind man for the sole reason being that he shares the whole "celebrity mug" trait that's associated with the admirals. Now maybe he could have joined the marines after retiring from the arena, I dunno. But I'd think that he would have somewhat stood out more if he were a former arena champion (like maybe the owner of the restaurant would have recognized him before he took the bill for the damages a couple chapters back, or something like that).
Old 2013-04-03, 14:25   Link #52
JohnnyBud

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post

Theory debunked.
Lol, his entire face is covered for a reason. Even his eyes are thoroughly darkened. We'll just have to wait and see. And those scars do look pretty similar
[cut]

Ha, Theory validated

Last edited by james0246; 2013-04-03 at 14:42. Reason: do not link to sites that host licensed materials...
Old 2013-04-03, 14:25   Link #53
Somnus
Eh?

Count me in on the "Fire Fist Rebecca" for Straw Hat bandwagon!

That said, great chapter. Typical Luffy instantly forgetting he's Lucy, him going nuts on armour selection was awesome, too.
Old 2013-04-03, 14:30   Link #54
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Save for the fact that no one actually knows what Kyros looked like, and many think he is a myth. So, theory not debunked for the simple reason that nothing is known of the character and even his bronzed appearance could be an artists rendition based on rumour (similar to how Luffy is supposed to be 8 feet tall)
Rebecca said that noone has ever met Kyros, not that none of them didn't know what he looked like. If there's a character from a myth there's bound to be a description of their appearance included somewhere amongst it that the statue's design is based off of, especially if that statue is a modern-made one.

The impressionist thing is the only legitimate reason the blind guy could be Kyros, but I seriously doubt it. Everything else about the theory was just overanalysing.

Luffy's 8 foot rumour doesn't really make any sense in the first place either because he has a bounty poster, so practically everyone should know what he looks like.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2013-04-03 at 15:16.
Old 2013-04-03, 14:37   Link #55
JohnnyBud

-______-

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I doubt that Kyros is the blind man for the sole reason being that he shares the whole "celebrity mug" trait that's associated with the admirals. Now maybe he could have joined the marines after retiring from the arena, I dunno. But I'd think that he would have somewhat stood out more if he were a former arena champion (like maybe the owner of the restaurant would have recognized him before he took the bill for the damages a couple chapters back, or something like that).
Maybe you should read the manga more carefully
[cut]

Last edited by james0246; 2013-04-03 at 14:42. Reason: do not link to sites that host licensed materials...
Old 2013-04-03, 14:43   Link #56
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Bellamy: Curbstomped by Luffy.
Old 2013-04-03, 14:43   Link #57
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBud View Post
Maybe you should read the manga more carefully

Except I clearly said in my post:

Quote:
like maybe the owner of the restaurant would have recognized him before he took the bill for the damages a couple chapters back

Meaning that the bar owner could have recognized him the instant he took out those thugs, not afterwards. In fact, that could go for just about any Dressrosa resident, for that matter.
Old 2013-04-03, 14:47   Link #58
james0246

Quote:
I doubt that Kyros is the blind man for the sole reason being that he shares the whole "celebrity mug" trait that's associated with the admirals.
Unless it's a fun red herring . It would certainly be a nice surprise if the "celebrity mug" led us all immediately to the wrong conclusion, and when the actual reveal occurs we will be actually surprised.

Then again, is Oda really big on surprises?
Old 2013-04-03, 14:53   Link #59
JohnnyBud

Quote:
Except I clearly said in my post:

Meaning that the bar owner could have recognized him the instant he took out those thugs, not afterwards. In fact, that could go for just about any Dressrosa resident, for that matter.
What??
The bar owner did recognize him after he took out the thugs......
That part of the bar owner recognizing him BEFORE he took the bill is really irrelevant.
Whatever, I'm just saying it as a theory, a lot of it adds up if you connect it together.
Old 2013-04-03, 14:57   Link #60
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
To add on to this, if the citizens recognized the blind man as Kyros, the statue that we were shown this chapter would have no reason to look so different from him either.