Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-05-07, 02:13   Link #201
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
How could people not know that was Bruce Banner. Didn't everything and their mother see the Avengers?
And their father too ^^.
Old 2013-05-07, 07:20   Link #202
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
How could people not know that was Bruce Banner. Didn't everything and their mother see the Avengers?
Well, he wasn't giant and green.

For that matter, even in puny form, wasn't he a lot more tan in Avengers?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 07:32   Link #203
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, he wasn't giant and green.

For that matter, even in puny form, wasn't he a lot more tan in Avengers?
Also, he is the third modern Banner in succession. That sort of made it harder for us to associate the actor with the character. Much like how we don't associate one actor with film Batman. On the other hand Christopher Reeves is probably still Superman to many adults.

On that note, sad to see that RDJ would soon give the role to someone else due to limits of his health. Guess they would likely have a new Pepper to go with a new Tony, as they would want younger actors for both of them. Pity, the pair are so good, but unlike Comics, actors age.
Old 2013-05-07, 07:50   Link #204
GDB

They still should've picked up on it when he said he didn't have the temperment for being a psychiatrist.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 08:25   Link #205
Samari
World's Greatest

I guess it doesn't matter. These movies adhere to the casual fan anyway. 80% of the people don't even stay to see what lies ahead after the end credits. As long as they've seen the film, they've accomplished their task of being apart of the new hip thing for the month and maintaining their social status.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 08:41   Link #206
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I bet some were expecting the chinese version to be like this: http://youtu.be/d6LU5zI2rZA
Nah. I would have preferred this:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Finally watched the movie last night. To be honest, I don't even remember much of Iron Man or Iron Man 2, but that didn't prevent me from enjoying Iron Man 3. It was full of kinetic, cheesy fun. And it had a fairly decent story that moved fast enough for me not to notice too many plot holes.

That said, it did feel too long. I was fidgeting in my seat well before the finale. I was about to leave the theatre immediately once the credits rolled.

Then I remembered: this is a Marvel movie. So, I sat back down and stayed till the end. I'm glad I did.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 08:50   Link #207
GDB

Quote:
I guess it doesn't matter. These movies adhere to the casual fan anyway. 80% of the people don't even stay to see what lies ahead after the end credits. As long as they've seen the film, they've accomplished their task of being apart of the new hip thing for the month and maintaining their social status.
Granted, I went to a 9pm showing on Thursday (essentially a midnight screening, but for people not stupid enough to wait for midnight when they didn't have to), so it's likely there were fewer casual fans and more diehards, but still only like 8 people left the packed room before the credits finished rolling.
Old 2013-05-07, 09:12   Link #208
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ I never stay after the credits. It's retarded and I want to murderize whoever started it.

That said, you can always watch those "clips" on youtube or something afterwards.
Old 2013-05-07, 10:04   Link #209
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ I never stay after the credits. It's retarded and I want to murderize whoever started it.

That said, you can always watch those "clips" on youtube or something afterwards.
The credits are meant to be read. That's why they are there. It isn't put there just to annoy you, the people who worked to make the film wants to be recognised. The after-credits is a natural progression after too many people leaving early.
Old 2013-05-07, 10:37   Link #210
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The credits are meant to be read. That's why they are there. It isn't put there just to annoy you, the people who worked to make the film wants to be recognised. The after-credits is a natural progression after too many people leaving early.
Sorry, what? Credits are there to be a permanent acknowledgement of an individuals contribution to the film whether they are read or not. Clever movies made the credits interesting, including the cast reading them or interacting with them in some way. Old Jackie Chan movies and blooper reels show while the credits are playing.

It's a movie. We paid to go see it. If you want the credits to be read/watched you should make it interesting. Adding a scene to the end of pure rolling text is a crime to humanity.
Old 2013-05-07, 11:43   Link #211
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I know someone who was dissapointed in the movie. But I think think that was a mix of wanting the Manderin to be what he was in the 1970s comics, and two drunks being annoying in the theater. But more so on the nature of the film's Manderin.
Old 2013-05-07, 14:42   Link #212
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

The movie was a lot better than I thought. I really liked 1 and 2, but I wasn't looking forward to 3 since the trailer looked crappy. There was a lot less action, and more "Tony Stark" as my friend put it, but it was still funny nonetheless. The action though, was amazing.

The only thing that got to me and my friends was the story. It was kind of confusing, this Mandarin thing...sort of makes sense near the end, but not really. I don't think it was a good storyline to follow for #3.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 02:17   Link #213
Xion Valkyrie

Just finished watching it in 3D and it was completely not worth it. I'd have just watched the normal version if I had to choose again.

Anyways, the movie itself was fun but all of the plot 'holes/inconsistencies' that Samari pointed out did irk me too. There are some interesting issues that were brought up with various parts of the movie but they didn't seem too explored. For example, the whole part where Stark goes to Tennessee and his interaction with the Kid seemed like it'd lead to dealing with Stark's own personal family issues, ie, his relationship with his father and maybe how the repercussions of his upbringing is affecting his ability to become really intimate with Pepper. However, it didn't really go much further than that and the plot was pretty much closed as soon as he left. There was also that whole deal with the disabled veterans that Vallen Chaos Valiant brought up, but again, it's not really explored. I think the story could have been focused on either of those points and we'd have a much more interesting movie, but the way those ideas were inserted then left unexplored feels a bit jarring especially since there's just so much going on in the movie.

The villain this time
Spoiler:

The extremis tech is also a bit too ridiculous, but I guess they needed a suitable threat for Iron Man to fight. The major problem is IM's armor was shown to be able to withstand Hulk's attacks as well as Thor's Hammer, so there's no way heated up human hands could be cutting through them like they did in the movie. I think what would have made it better would be to pair the extremis up with the arc reactor, so that the extreme amounts of energy that the extremis needs would come from somewhere. It was already established IM2 that Whiplash could recreate the Arc Reactor (albeit a not as good version) so maybe Killian was able to get his hands on his notes. This would work with the theme of Stark cleaning up after his own messes.

Oh, kind of silly plot hole, but apparently the clothing that all the extremis people wear, including what Pepper was wearing at the end, can withstand the temperatures that extremis operates at, but Iron Man's armor will melt like butter

Last edited by Xion Valkyrie; 2013-05-08 at 02:37.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 08:26   Link #214
GDB

I believe the point to his armor breaking so easily is that he built them all on barely any sleep, while half asleep. He was just churning them out (based on the number of suits and the time since Avengers, it couldn't have taken him much longer than a week for any given suit, if even that long). Compare that to how he basically took weeks or months on each of the previous 3 suits, and you get the idea of quality vs quantity. It's also why he was so quick to destroy them at the end.
Old 2013-05-08, 09:00   Link #215
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I believe the point to his armor breaking so easily is that he built them all on barely any sleep, while half asleep. He was just churning them out (based on the number of suits and the time since Avengers, it couldn't have taken him much longer than a week for any given suit, if even that long). Compare that to how he basically took weeks or months on each of the previous 3 suits, and you get the idea of quality vs quantity. It's also why he was so quick to destroy them at the end.
That is something I had to re-examine and now it makes more sense. So I can give the armor issues a pass.

That being said I did think of something else which I'm not sure about. Why the hell does Killian attack Tony's house if he wants his help to perfect Extremis? And Hansan is inside. Did she agree to go in there, chat with Tony, and then potentially get killed? That doesn't really make any sense. Perhaps Killian thought of asking for Tony's help after he attack him, but I don't remember him saying something like that.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 09:11   Link #216
GDB

He was likely planning on approaching Tony as a potential ally, offering him the resources of Extremis soldiers to hunt the Mandarin, on the condition of his help. Based on the hotel scene, I don't think Hansan had divulged her plan to get Tony yet at that point.
Old 2013-05-08, 12:43   Link #217
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm more bothered by the fact Hansen never took Extremis. What kind of mad scientist is she if she doesn't test her creation on herself? Especially considering how likely she was to get shot.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 14:24   Link #218
Eclipze

You know, the extremis in the film was considerably tonned down in capabilities compared to the comics version.

Spoiler for motion comic clip:
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 14:52   Link #219
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Just finished watching it in 3D and it was completely not worth it. I'd have just watched the normal version if I had to choose again.

Anyways, the movie itself was fun but all of the plot 'holes/inconsistencies' that Samari pointed out did irk me too. There are some interesting issues that were brought up with various parts of the movie but they didn't seem too explored. For example, the whole part where Stark goes to Tennessee and his interaction with the Kid seemed like it'd lead to dealing with Stark's own personal family issues, ie, his relationship with his father and maybe how the repercussions of his upbringing is affecting his ability to become really intimate with Pepper. However, it didn't really go much further than that and the plot was pretty much closed as soon as he left. There was also that whole deal with the disabled veterans that Vallen Chaos Valiant brought up, but again, it's not really explored. I think the story could have been focused on either of those points and we'd have a much more interesting movie, but the way those ideas were inserted then left unexplored feels a bit jarring especially since there's just so much going on in the movie.

The villain this time
Spoiler:

The extremis tech is also a bit too ridiculous, but I guess they needed a suitable threat for Iron Man to fight. The major problem is IM's armor was shown to be able to withstand Hulk's attacks as well as Thor's Hammer, so there's no way heated up human hands could be cutting through them like they did in the movie. I think what would have made it better would be to pair the extremis up with the arc reactor, so that the extreme amounts of energy that the extremis needs would come from somewhere. It was already established IM2 that Whiplash could recreate the Arc Reactor (albeit a not as good version) so maybe Killian was able to get his hands on his notes. This would work with the theme of Stark cleaning up after his own messes.

Oh, kind of silly plot hole, but apparently the clothing that all the extremis people wear, including what Pepper was wearing at the end, can withstand the temperatures that extremis operates at, but Iron Man's armor will melt like butter
Just wait till He makes a armor out of the same stuff thors hammer is made.
Old 2013-05-08, 15:08   Link #220
Xion Valkyrie

Oh yeah, so doesn't this also mean that Pepper is super powered now?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote