AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-18, 01:00   Link #221
narakun

You might be right about there being differnt versions.. but i think my sabers ribbon is looking wierd.
Wow, that figure is wonderful Take pictures of Rin when she arrives ^^
Something new showed up at HLJ: http://www.hlj.com/product/TRA20185

Thanks Angelsama! Please post them here when it shows up

Some more photos:
Dark Saber
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f210/n-kun/dsaber.jpg
Palm Scenery Shiro&Saber
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...hiro_saber.jpg

I remember some homepage that showed how to tell if an anime dvd/music cd is bootleg is there something like that for figures?
narakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 02:38   Link #222
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity
since the topic have came up already, how do you tell from a real genuine figure to a fake one?
As others mentioned earlier, every commercial product that concerns with Type-Moon merchandise comes with a TM holographic sticker somewhere on the package (this doesn't include doujin products, of course). The stickers essentially serve as the proof that "Type-Moon allows this product to make use of their copyrighted materials".

All Type-Moon related products I have purchased (which includes everything from soundtrack CDs to mug sets to trading figures) all contain the stickers somewhere on the package, the Clayz models should also have one on the box, like it was shown in the picture above.

I'm not aware of any "US release" of Clayz figures (o_O), but in any case, I'd suggest people choose carefully where they purchase their goods from, especially when they're shopping online. Only purchase items from sites that you trust. Just because a no-name site is offering an item that you've been looking all over for doesn't mean they're offering the real deal, you still run the risk of getting a bootleg.

Either way, if you receive your product and you're satisified with it, then that's the main thing, but it would be best if you do your researches before pushing that "buy" button.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 11:28   Link #223
moyism
Wannabe Smut Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by narakun
You might be right about there being differnt versions.. but i think my sabers ribbon is looking wierd.
Wow, that figure is wonderful Take pictures of Rin when she arrives ^^
Something new showed up at HLJ: http://www.hlj.com/product/TRA20185
Cool, I was just looking for HLJ's pre-order for this

On a related note, my Magical Girl Rin shipped yesterday from HLJ. Hopefully I'll have it in 2-4 weeks (yes, I'm a cheap bastard who does SAL). Expect tons of pics once I get my greedy hands on it!
moyism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 15:57   Link #224
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just a question for the people who have the 1/6 Saber by clayz, how tall is she in cm?
Old 2006-03-18, 17:03   Link #225
Equus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Just a question for the people who have the 1/6 Saber by clayz, how tall is she in cm?
Saber is about 25cm or so tall from the top of the base to the top of her head.

I tried to upload a picture, but photobucket is being painfully slow so I'm giving up. ^_^
Equus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 17:12   Link #226
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus
Saber is about 25cm or so tall from the top of the base to the top of her head.
Thanks, thats just what i wanted to know. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus
I tried to upload a picture, but photobucket is being painfully slow so I'm giving up. ^_^
You could use http://imageshack.us/. =P

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-03-18 at 17:48.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 17:14   Link #227
wbc1228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
You're fine, the hologram isn't on the cover. And you're right, it's a problem with PVC. That's why places like HLJ have "various quality" warnings on PVC's.

I'm pretty sure the hologram was in the clayz box, a small piece about 1/2" x 1/2". But I'm not 100% sure.
No hologram on the outside or inside the box.

edit:
comment about "Boise River Collectibles" edited out

Last edited by wbc1228; 2006-03-21 at 00:16.
wbc1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 17:27   Link #228
Jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbc1228
hmmmmmmm
guess my one is a fake.
No hologram on the outside or inside the box.
Let this be a warning to all.
Do not purchase anything from "Boise River Collectibles".

Seems like I need to get a refund from them but I'll lose at least $12 (that is how much they charge for ground shipping. i'll have to ship it back too). Or maybe I should just contact my credit card and let them handle it. I guess it'll depend on how they respond to my email.
Here's what I don't get. I don't think anyone should be so rash. All the people who have bought from USA companies seem to not have the hologram. AnimeNation, for instance, is definitely not a bootleg company, but the boxes they have don't have holograms either. It seems to me that people who get USA releases don't have a hologram of any type- I wasn't sure about the hologram in the box, but I doubt there was one.

For one thing, bootlegs don't look nearly as good. I accidently bought one bootleg of Megahouse Rukia, the problems were so horrible that I could not stand it at all.

Don't jump to conclusions. Has anyone got a Clayz figure from AnimeNation?

EDIT: By the way, the Tohsaka Rin Clayz figure I got from Japan has the hologram on it. That's why I feel it's a matter of location, as perhaps Type-Moon does not see the need to mark it as official outside of Japan.
Jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 17:44   Link #229
wbc1228

Quote:
Here's what I don't get. I don't think anyone should be so rash. All the people who have bought from USA companies seem to not have the hologram. AnimeNation, for instance, is definitely not a bootleg company, but the boxes they have don't have holograms either. It seems to me that people who get USA releases don't have a hologram of any type- I wasn't sure about the hologram in the box, but I doubt there was one.

For one thing, bootlegs don't look nearly as good. I accidently bought one bootleg of Megahouse Rukia, the problems were so horrible that I could not stand it at all.

Don't jump to conclusions. Has anyone got a Clayz figure from AnimeNation?

EDIT: By the way, the Tohsaka Rin Clayz figure I got from Japan has the hologram on it. That's why I feel it's a matter of location, as perhaps Type-Moon does not see the need to mark it as official outside of Japan.
hmmmmmmm......
now i'm confused.
I'm not trying to be rash or rude (sorry if I offended anyone), it is just that the refund has to be requested within 10 days.

Guess I'll have to wait a little longer before I decide on what to do.

So.................
has anyone brought anything from "Boise River Collectibles" and would like to voice an opinion??
wbc1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 20:23   Link #230
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Scarlet Ruby Rin's officially the largest F/SN Fig.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 20:26   Link #231
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
Scarlet Ruby Rin's officially the largest F/SN Fig.
She's probably one of the largest figures out all together.. >_>
Old 2006-03-18, 20:32   Link #232
Jump

Wow, at 1/6 Scale I thought she'd be around the size of Clayz Saber and Rin. She's huge!

By the way, Angelsama, she still wouldn't be nearly the tallest. I've seen 1/2 scale figures of Rei and Asuka, standing at a gigantic 2.5-3 feet tall.
Old 2006-03-18, 20:43   Link #233
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
By the way, Angelsama, she still wouldn't be nearly the tallest. I've seen 1/2 scale figures of Rei and Asuka, standing at a gigantic 2.5-3 feet tall.
I didn't mean it.. just got all caught up in the moment. ^^;
Old 2006-03-18, 23:06   Link #234
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Limited Edition of the first DVD volume comes out in ten days:

@CDJapan.

Comes with another character card, an artbox (this surprises me!), a special 'paper coaster' and what sounds like either a reversible slick, or an outer/inner DVD insert box (over the amray case). 3 episodes on the disk, clean opening/closing

-Andiyar
Old 2006-03-19, 00:45   Link #235
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

i have heard that people in this thread saying that the 1/6 Clayz Saber sometimes has bad paintings in them....What about the GoodSmile 1/8 Saber, anyone have problems with it? i jsut want to gather info, since if i wanna get them (hopefully i can find them) i wanna know somethings that i need to watch out for..like...ask...is it made in japan?u.s? but i have heard that Japan makes things in good quality, im sure u guys heard of it right? u dont see that often where u find things that are made in Japan.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 00:49   Link #236
Jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
i have heard that people in this thread saying that the 1/6 Clayz Saber sometimes has bad paintings in them....What about the GoodSmile 1/8 Saber, anyone have problems with it? i jsut want to gather info, since if i wanna get them (hopefully i can find them) i wanna know somethings that i need to watch out for..like...ask...is it made in japan?u.s? but i have heard that Japan makes things in good quality, im sure u guys heard of it right? u dont see that often where u find things that are made in Japan.
Bad paintings and defects are something that goes along with PVC figures, almost without exception. Calling it "bad paintings" would be too extreme, it's more like small spots or dents, places where it's a little jagged, etc. If you want perfection, you have to make it yourself.

You generally won't notice them unless you look at it REALLY closely.
Old 2006-03-19, 00:52   Link #237
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
i have heard that people in this thread saying that the 1/6 Clayz Saber sometimes has bad paintings in them....What about the GoodSmile 1/8 Saber, anyone have problems with it?
Since it's a mass produced PVC release, there will be definitely be some imperfections. You want a perfect copy, get the Resin Kit and paint it yourself.

Quote:
i jsut want to gather info, since if i wanna get them (hopefully i can find them) i wanna know somethings that i need to watch out for..like...ask...is it made in japan?u.s? but i have heard that Japan makes things in good quality, im sure u guys heard of it right? u dont see that often where u find things that are made in Japan.
The fig is Made In China. Like 99 % of the toys out there today.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 00:56   Link #238
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

ahhh ic, eh i dont mind it than heh, as long as i can one T-T
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 08:04   Link #239
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar
Limited Edition of the first DVD volume comes out in ten days
Yes, i was thinking of ordering a copy.. but if i do then i'd have to spend money each month buying the DVD's. That wouldn't bother me.. but i just know that i'll miss out on one. ;_;
Old 2006-03-20, 05:18   Link #240
nohryi

Quote:
Man where are you finding those?
I am having hard time finding decent priced ones online. Let alone, I really don't want to order one from Hongkong....it seems like it'll all be pirated copy.
If you know of any place that sells the GOod smile's, or Clayz's one, let me know too. Thanks
nohryi is offline   Reply With Quote