AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-04, 20:38   Link #1481
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Wow. Just wow. Everything from what I've been said last time in the previous post was true. Talk about conspiracy theory. this is just like from what i've been raving about what's gonna happen during Gundam 00 days:-

Quote:
'Imposter Tiger! Could this be possibly a suprisingly return of Rotwang from ep15 who the guy created CiS?!"
How come did the heroes including Kaede suddenly got captured just like that anyway? Nobody addressed to this? Probably the thing equipped with some kinda flash bang to me.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 20:51   Link #1482
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I'm going to say that the latest episode puzzled me

Spoiler:
So true But yeah really, what happen to Tiger's power problem ? It's like it was magically solved.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 21:00   Link #1483
KRegnard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
So true But yeah really, what happen to Tiger's power problem ? It's like it was magically solved.
Tiger doesn't need to exclaim "OH NO MY POWER HAS RAN OUT!!" to suggest that he still experiences to problem, the episode clearly showed his power having a shorter duration than Bunny's.
KRegnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 21:05   Link #1484
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRegnard View Post
Tiger doesn't need to exclaim "OH NO MY POWER HAS RAN OUT!!" to suggest that he still experiences to problem, the episode clearly showed his power being significantly shorter than that of Bunny's.
Yet it doesn't seem to be a big problem for him which is the problem with it. We had many episodes about it. Then when Marverick pop up, nothing anymore. And it's me or you don't like it when we criticize T&B ?
Old 2011-09-04, 21:22   Link #1485
KRegnard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Yet it doesn't seem to be a big problem for him which is the problem with it. We had many episodes about it. Then when Marverick pop up, nothing anymore. And it's me or you don't like it when we criticize T&B ?
Indeed, I don't like it, you suggest ideas as if they are definitely better alternatives to what's been dished out by Sunrise. Of course I wouldn't like it, it would be better to explain why they are actually better, like I am trying to explain why your solutions aren't necessarily so, instead of asserting your point of view with little substantiation.

Also, the most probable reason why they have not explicitly dealt with Tiger's problem is because the issue is integral to the final arc. It would be pretty superficial for Sunrise to deal with issues one by one, for example, having Maverick exposed only after Tiger's problem was addressed.
KRegnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 21:31   Link #1486
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRegnard View Post
Indeed, I don't like it, you suggest ideas as if they are definitely better alternatives to what's been dished out by Sunrise. Of course I wouldn't like it, it would be better to explain why they are actually better, like I am trying to explain why your solutions aren't necessarily so.

Also, the most probable reason why they have not explicitly dealt with Tiger's problem is because the issue is integral to the final arc. It would be pretty superficial for Sunrise to deal with issues one by one, for example, having Maverick exposed only after Tiger's problem was addressed.
Of curse, it's definitly better think it's what I think what should be better. It's my taste that's all. I don't see the problem at all with that

Now, the main problem is that his power problem has not a bigger impact on these last episodes. I would have like more impact after all these episode about it. When I think about it, it's seems to be the main problem with this show. Sometimes, they make thing looking big then in the next one : not really big anymore.

But you seem to mistunderstand me : I really like T&B. It's one of my favorite show this season (with Steins;Gate). However, it doesn't change the fact that, I think, there are some defaults.
Old 2011-09-04, 22:24   Link #1487
Jeffry2009
Banned

This is my another Sunrise anime that I was hyped about. talk about getting me on my nerves from what's gonna happen next. But after we've seen the latest episode like this one, some twist happened like I've been speculating about this all the time (kinda like premonition to me).
Old 2011-09-04, 22:30   Link #1488
ReddyRedWolf

Something occurred to me. His Hundred Power previously had what 10-15 minutes with an hour interval before using again.

What if the interval using his HP had a shorter interval duration as well? Wouldn't that be an advantage?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 22:36   Link #1489
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardanimals View Post
I honestly thought that Barnaby was going to regain his memory when Kotetsu showed him the Christmas pin...what was the point of all that stuff at the mall and the drawn out stuff with the pins if they weren't going to come up again?!
The pins have already served their purpose in the show. It was finding the pin underneath Maverick's coffee table that led Kotetsu to realize that Maverick had lied to him about not having seen Barnaby. Remember, at first Kotetsu thought is was his pin that had fallen under the coffee table. But later, when Kotetsu sat on his own pin in the car and brought the two pins together, he realized that Barnaby had to have been in the office at some time. Since the pins have served their purpose in the advancing the plot, they can be dropped from the storyline in favor of something else.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 23:02   Link #1490
Jeffry2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
The pins have already served their purpose in the show. It was finding the pin underneath Maverick's coffee table that led Kotetsu to realize that Maverick had lied to him about not having seen Barnaby. Remember, at first Kotetsu thought is was his pin that had fallen under the coffee table. But later, when Kotetsu sat on his own pin in the car and brought the two pins together, he realized that Barnaby had to have been in the office at some time. Since the pins have served their purpose in the advancing the plot, they can be dropped from the storyline in favor of something else.
Then what was the rest of it, honestly?

To be fair that this really makes NO sense to me whatsoever. Really, sunrise? You're trying to tease us once again like the other sunrise show did (Gundam series in my list)?
Old 2011-09-04, 23:11   Link #1491
Jeffry2009
Banned

Spoiler for Don't expect much of this, folks. We all know this is NOT gonna happen in the actual show.:

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-09-04 at 23:29.
Old 2011-09-05, 07:56   Link #1492
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Question: has there been a person with power mimicing in media like Kaede's power? Most power mimicers have been different:

Kaede (T&B): Touch based and can only use one at a time ie a 1 power queue. Once she copies another power, the last power is wiped away
Rogue (X-Men): Touch like Kaede but more of a power stealer than a mimicer
Peter Petrelli (Heroes): copies powers via proximity rather than touch but never "forgets" said powers unless he has a "reset"
Sylar (Heroes): examines brains to see how powers work then copies them. Also can use more than one
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 09:08   Link #1493
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Then what was the rest of it, honestly?

To be fair that this really makes NO sense to me whatsoever. Really, sunrise? You're trying to tease us once again like the other sunrise show did (Gundam series in my list)?
Well if you think a little differently, the pin had no purpose after Kotesu found it because to Barnaby it wouldn't be a big enough jolt to bring his memory back. Anyone could have bought that pin. Now the only one that calls Barnaby "Bunny-chan" is Wild Tiger. Therefore, the person he is fighting is Wild Tiger and not an imposter. Conflict was created with the false programming and his memory is restored.

It was similar to what he was trying with the other heroes that was countered when Dragon Kid instead called him a stalker.
Old 2011-09-05, 09:39   Link #1494
Jeffry2009
Banned

IF Rotwang unexpectedly shows up in this week episode, why couldn't he just showed up & explained to us why in the 1st place after we've last seen on ep15? This just makes NO sense.
Old 2011-09-05, 10:34   Link #1495
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Question: has there been a person with power mimicing in media like Kaede's power? Most power mimicers have been different:

Kaede (T&B): Touch based and can only use one at a time ie a 1 power queue. Once she copies another power, the last power is wiped away
Rogue (X-Men): Touch like Kaede but more of a power stealer than a mimicer
Peter Petrelli (Heroes): copies powers via proximity rather than touch but never "forgets" said powers unless he has a "reset"
Sylar (Heroes): examines brains to see how powers work then copies them. Also can use more than one
Marvel has a character called Mimic that is pretty close. Those with similar powers would include (from http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Replication)
Symbiotes (Marvel)
Super Adaptoid (Marvel)
Aggregor (Ben 10)
Osmosians (Ben 10)
Megaman (Megaman)
Protoman (Megaman)
Bass (Megaman)
Megaman (Megaman)
AMAZO (DC Comics)
Parasite (DC Comics)
Ditto (Pokemon)
Peter Petrelli (Heroes)
Sylar (Heroes)
Kid Majin Buu (Dragon Ball Z)
Kirby (Kirby series)
Smeargle (Pokemon)
Toa Pouks (BIONICLE)
Piraka Vezok (BIONICLE)
Uchiha Clan (Naruto)
Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto)
Kakashi Hatake (Naruto)
Metal Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Ermel (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Crystal Guardian (Adventure Time)
Dmitrii Blinov (Castlevania)
Everyman (Simpsons episode "Homer the Whopper")
The Canadian (The Guardian 30)
Phoebe Halliwell (Charmed)
Empaths (Charmed)
Telepaths (Charmed)
Alex Mercer (Prototype)
Duplico (Combo Ninos)
Shujinko (Mortal Kombat)

Additionally Igniz, Zero, Krazalid from KOF, Nagase from KOF Max Impact might qualify as might Mokujin (Tekken) and Twelve (Street fighter)
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 10:35   Link #1496
ookamigirl

Tiger vs Bunny all out action was intense. That slap was just LOL but it made things worse.
Getting Bunny to remember was pretty hard on both of them, but I'm glad Bunny is back to normal.
Maverick on the other hand is not done yet. Imprisoning the others & Tiger's dauther... & even building the android to replace NEXT, what a sick and desperate man.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 10:35   Link #1497
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
IF Rotwang unexpectedly shows up in this week episode, why couldn't he just showed up & explained to us why in the 1st place after we've last seen on ep15? This just makes NO sense.
Hmmm...don't understand why it doesn't make sense. Cis was the prototype to Dark Tiger. Maverick wants to be top dog and replace the heroes with robots under his control. Rotwang hates NEXT. An almost perfect match.
Old 2011-09-05, 11:04   Link #1498
ReddyRedWolf

I think it would've better written if Rotwang worked for Maverick in the first place rather than employed after the Cis incident.

For one thing it would've showed some conflict between Maverick and Ouroboros. With one of their agents trying to blow up the Justice Tower. To stop the android development which is a threat to Next supremacy.

Behind the scenes Maverick makes a deal releasing Jake Martinez to appease Ouroboros but having his own plan to be on top using Barnaby. A gamble.

Rotwang transporting his pet project Cis using the heroes data given by Maverick gets lost due to lightning. We know what happens next. Rotwang being a different kind of loony is a robot overlord advocate. Though his AI programming skills sucks.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 11:36   Link #1499
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I think it would've better written if Rotwang worked for Maverick in the first place rather than employed after the Cis incident.

For one thing it would've showed some conflict between Maverick and Ouroboros. With one of their agents trying to blow up the Justice Tower. To stop the android development which is a threat to Next supremacy.

Behind the scenes Maverick makes a deal releasing Jake Martinez to appease Ouroboros but having his own plan to be on top using Barnaby. A gamble.

Rotwang transporting his pet project Cis using the heroes data given by Maverick gets lost due to lightning. We know what happens next. Rotwang being a different kind of loony is a robot overlord advocate. Though his AI programming skills sucks.
But that's too complicated for an anime of this type. It's an action type anime what doing the wink nod to the hero genre (DC and Marvel). It's not meant to be complicated like GitS.
Old 2011-09-05, 14:12   Link #1500
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I agree with Enzo, something felt just a little off with Ben during the episode but I wasn't sure if it was because the writers were rushing or if Ben really is up to something (he just seemed, I don't know, not as competent as he has in the past).
And I miss Scarf-tan ;-;
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere