AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-28, 15:28   Link #481
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That of course will lead to questions about the Disappearance group and what happened to them.
Old 2011-09-28, 16:28   Link #482
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Tanigawa surely likes mindfucking his readers, i gotta say :/
Old 2011-09-28, 18:09   Link #483
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
That of course will lead to questions about the Disappearance group and what happened to them.
Watch as they show up again.
Old 2011-09-28, 19:08   Link #484
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I would be amused by this, especiall if they had their own Kyon...but then Kyon is the one going between all these different versions.
Old 2011-09-28, 19:13   Link #485
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
I would be amused by this, especiall if they had their own Kyon...but then Kyon is the one going between all these different versions.
I just got this really weird image of Kyon as Gary Sparrow from Goodnight Sweetheart.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
Old 2011-09-28, 19:21   Link #486
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Kyon never did see that "slider".....
Old 2011-09-28, 19:26   Link #487
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
Kyon never did see that "slider".....
Too many weird images now, him filling several roles including the 12th Doctor.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
Old 2011-09-28, 22:36   Link #488
ijuinkun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranas View Post
This is something I also tried to figure out a few posts back and it still doesn't make sense to me why she doesn't get suspicious if she actually remembers both.
Haruhi has a mental block regarding her powers that makes her unable to perceive anything odd about things that they cause unless it is shoved in her face. She did not see anything at all odd about the weird things that were happening during the movie shoot (e.g. sakura blooming in October), nor did she seem to have the "deja vu" feeling that Kyon, Koizumi, and Mikuru had during the "Endless Eight" time loop.
Old 2011-09-29, 05:17   Link #489
Tiranas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
Haruhi has a mental block regarding her powers that makes her unable to perceive anything odd about things that they cause unless it is shoved in her face. She did not see anything at all odd about the weird things that were happening during the movie shoot (e.g. sakura blooming in October), nor did she seem to have the "deja vu" feeling that Kyon, Koizumi, and Mikuru had during the "Endless Eight" time loop.
That's valid to a certain extent, but only for her. However in this case Haruhi was just an example to illustrate my confusion with the resolution as a whole. The whole mixed-memories-thing also applies to at least Taniguchi and Sasaki (see Kyon's conversations with them in the epilogue) and even though I can't think of definite evidence probably also Kunikida, Mikuru, Tachibana and Fujiwara.

And that the new timeline in the epilogue is neither alpha nor beta but was created by them merging somehow as suggested by someone a few posts up is a thought i also entertained.

I'm just going to blatantly quote myself from the previous page here: "Additionally it seems like its completely arbitrary which memories are retained. But somehow there has to be one set of coherent memories within each person which would then be neither alpha nor beta but a third timeline. And would said timeline then just be an artificial memory or what "actually" happened?"

I'm not sure if the question at the end is able to convey what I actually mean but my English skills are already at their limit. Aside from that my stupid linear perception of time is just not cut out for this kind of thinking.

Last edited by Tiranas; 2011-09-29 at 05:30.
Old 2011-09-29, 11:29   Link #490
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
IIRC, Kyon does mention that what others seemed to have remembered as the "correct" timeline was basically completely arbitrary.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
Old 2011-12-13, 16:09   Link #491
fire_man545

I don't know if it's been answered before but i can't find the answer. Is vol 11 the last of the series, since from the author postScript, it's hinting that he will write about new stuff, dunno if it's about haruhi novel
( from ps : I tihnk i may write somewhat starnge thing and character from here on. I hope to continue receiving your support. I think the character will have a damaged personality.) ?
because i was hoping for a more satifying ending then that.
Old 2011-12-13, 16:28   Link #492
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_man545 View Post
I don't know if it's been answered before but i can't find the answer. Is vol 11 the last of the series, since from the author postScript, it's hinting that he will write about new stuff, dunno if it's about haruhi novel
( from ps : I tihnk i may write somewhat starnge thing and character from here on. I hope to continue receiving your support. I think the character will have a damaged personality.) ?
because i was hoping for a more satifying ending then that.
The latest we've heard (in a roundtable recorded in April) is that he's in the middle of writing the next novel. These two's release were delayed 6 months for translation into Chinese and Korean, which likely worked well for Kadokawa. I would not be surprised if the next novel's release was delayed for the same reasons.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-01-22, 01:40   Link #493
amyjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaruhiIncarnate View Post

Spoiler for adventures of mikuru asahina movie idea spoilers:
I just finished re-reading The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina 00, and was glad to see someone else came up with the same idea I did. Seeing page 48 of Wavering, it was pretty obvious that there was some foreshadowing--although perhaps it was more than just foreshadowing of the plot in books 10/11, as another person commented, since he has had to make other choices as well.
Old 2012-03-03, 22:11   Link #494
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
I found this linked on 2ch and thought it was really well done. I didn't feel comfortable putting it in the images thread due to how Yuki looks, so I thought here was best.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-05-08, 01:18   Link #495
VitaX

Just finished volume 11 and I have to say the story just keeps on getting more and more unique and interesting. Not many manga/novels out there today have such a refreshing story to tell like Haruhi does that keeps you guessing and waiting in anticipation for more.

Classified Info on page 24 provided a real in depth analysis of the series thus far, it was a good read. I hope to see to Sasaki as a recurring character in the novels to come as she is one of the more interesting characters of the series. I'd like to see her relationship with Kyon and Haruhi be expanded upon in the novels to come.

Last edited by VitaX; 2012-05-08 at 02:07.
Closed Thread

Tags
haruhi suzumiya, light novel, spoilers