AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-26, 21:51   Link #601
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
This isn't really relevent to the story, but is there any reason that
Spoiler for end:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 22:01   Link #602
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I wouldn't think much about it. After all, they have the same genetic predisposition to having their hair turn white.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 22:44   Link #603
Westlo
Lets be reality

I still haven't finished this but seeing the thread bumped I just have to say that the dock battle in episode 12 was fucking amazing.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 00:30   Link #604
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I wouldn't think much about it. After all, they have the same genetic predisposition to having their hair turn white.
Oh ok thanks. I thought something unnatural might have happened to cause it that wasn't mentioned in the anime.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 02:19   Link #605
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I think that becoming a quantum being is pretty unnatural. White hair is just how he responds to whatever it takes to be transformed that way. (Plus the horrible tragedy of his life of course.) They both change that way since they have the same genes.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 18:50   Link #606
LR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I still haven't finished this but seeing the thread bumped I just have to say that the dock battle in episode 12 was fucking amazing.
Ditto. Ever since the first episode I was waiting for an epic fight scene with Noein's artwork. ..although some of the character designs are plain, the artwork is truly great.
LR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 21:17   Link #607
yodaz

I have a few questions about the ending and some general points in the story.
Spoiler for ending:

Last edited by yodaz; 2008-04-13 at 22:14.
yodaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 18:40   Link #608
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Finished this a few days ago, and I found it very disappointing. There was a strong focus on characters, which I like, but they all failed to actually do anything, except for the antagonists (Atoriiiiii). Everything revolved around Haruka, but for the bulk of the series she was just cute and nice and stood around saying "Yuu!" or "Karasu!" and having the latter bail her out of danger. She was quite literally an object except for a few scenes. No wonder she was the Dragon Torque. The concept was at least interesting, although in the course of things I realized that using physics as lolmagik! annoyed me more than I had anticipated. The plot with Haruka's dad and Uchida's project seemed to not really have any place and could have easily been discarded. I felt as I do with many other series that what started as a good idea failed in execution. I give it a 6/10.
Old 2010-12-17, 02:47   Link #609
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Smile

Wow, I thought there wasn't a thread for this anime. Actually this is one of my favorite animes because of the theme, its sci-fi, and plus the nice ending song.

The graphics may have no match against the upcoming animes yet the style did add something that make the anime somewhat mysterious (that is I felt when I accidentally run to this anime while I was TV hopping) and interesting to watch.

The explanation of the time travel theory got me nosebleeding and goes searching the internet one day seeking how Einstein did the weird formulas and the opposing paradoxes.

Focusing on the time travel theories, actually its not totally impossible but there are just too many paradoxes. About the "many worlds theory" as explain in the anime, its clearly hard to imagine that such multiple worlds exist at the same time.

Time is linear and one direction only. Going back opposes many simple laws of the universe.

Cool Shangri-la giants, they are the ones I was waiting to see at every episode

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2010-12-18 at 04:28.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 07:46   Link #610
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This week Steven Colbert included a reference to Schrodinger's cat in a discussion about the possible Presidential candidacy of New Jersey Governor Chris ("Corpus") Christie. Christie's candidacy had generated so much media speculation that Colbert termed one CNN report as "both a yes and a no" and proceeded to compare Christie to the cat calling him a "Schrodinger's Candidate." This has to be one of the more arcane jokes I've seen on television in quite some time.

As you know, the cat made a cameo appearance in Noein as well.

http://www.colbertnation.com/full-ep...1-john-lithgow (starts around 3:30)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 22:27   Link #611
vieri32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengu View Post
I have watched 14 episodes so far so I am not going to make and concluding remarks about the series in general, but I must say Yuu is a character I find quick to hate.
I really like the series so far and all the other characters are all very likable but Yuu acts in so many despicable ways it's making me mad.

He is selfish like noone else, moody, scared, indecisive, jealous, worthless, shows a poor attitude against everyone, acts like owns Haruka. I have a hard time seeing anything good at all in his personalities.
Unbelieveable Haruka puts up with his tirades all the time and still like him.
Only in anime I guess....

Very nice plot though even if the "alternate timespace" was bit over the edge since we are talking about 15 years and the world is in ruins.
put yourself in his place.
Suddenly a guy from the future who takes your wife what you would appear?
Worst anime qi.
NTR Tipico the guy in the future can not que salval your girl back to the past to steal the girl from MC.
Regrettably slutty Haruka falls for a guy from the future, I noticed all the
vieri32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 19:16   Link #612
gdpetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodaz View Post
I have a few questions about the ending and some general points in the story.
Spoiler for ending:
The real problem is that we don't really understand time/space... as it is said that recently the Malaysian airliner got stuck in such a t/s well through a bleedthrough in the area, thus the anamolies... which can occur in certain locales spasmodicly osis. Haven't watched Noein in some time, but overall it did a rather nice job with the known science and there is a reason UFT isn't allowed into the public sphere, to keep control of the 'sheep', it's best to keep them ignorant as sheep, otherwise, 'the truth could set them free'... and the PTB don't want that to happen do they? Not sure all of Noein's use of these scifi plot devices make sense or have any accuracy, but parallels do exist... such as in EU theory... everything is energy interacting in gravity.... so astrology is based in astronomy isn't it? It's all just energy interactions.

As for 'merging', that is said to be a function of the transition to the next level in slef-conscious awareness... dealing with the hyperdimensional nature of the universe and the fact of 'knowing thyselves', not 'know thyself'. Usually in film, tv, anime et al, other dimensions within the same 'density' of awareness are crafted to look pretty much the same only with slightly different choices that have lead collectively to a slightly different world, for better or for worse. Reality is said to be quite similar and different, in form and function... so pretty much anything goes... and you have to be prepared for that potential as you 'merge' in the mind and learn to transit from one locale to another in your mind.

Time travel, travel in alternate dimensions etc is said to not be so difficult technically, but rather in these terms of awareness of the unlimited potentials and possibilities for universal expression... doing so means utilization of antimatter with matter to open a 'window'... but the problem first is acquisition of enough power/energy to do so... like in Back to the Future, but more importantly, is learning to direct your transit as you will be travelling to unknown and unfathomable domains, and it's always better to have some idea of where/when etc you are going. What will be the dominant species, their level of awareness, technology etc. Noein makes all of this seem rather simple, as most scifi has through the years... remember the tv show Sliders?... the 'bad' guys looking like reptilian types? Sometimes, they aren't that far off the mark.

As for being recognized, that is really the meaning of life, but it is usually directed within, to 'know thyself', or 'know thyselves' in all dimensions, densities and forms in the physcial and etherical domains... thus the 'mind' is where the real game begins and ends, as in the end, it is all you can take with you... when you go out through the same door you came in from... and time/space is the portal or highway it is said. This is why Noein utilized some quantum theory well, but only as a plot device, though rather well in comparison to most, even the ending with the 'alien invasion' has parallels such as found in mention of 'Nephilim' or alien abductions and the like... as they attempt to force the future into the paradigm of their choosing... wishful thinking of the 'dark side' thinking they can control the game they are merely pawns in, same as us. The goal is to understand it, not control it, as that is a job we do at a 'higher' level... where the doorway is created in the first place. The students don't create the school, they merely attend it and schools have a term in which students are expected to graduate of return to 'Go'.... said to be arriving rather soon for those looking to be ready when the 'wave' arrives. Life can be looked at like a RPG afterall, and 'waking up' is learning what part you are playing... 'the sleeper must awaken' (Dune)... and from there one learns as the main characters in Noein and even Harry Potter, that it really is our choices that make the difference. We choose one side of the 'fence' or the other and empower that choice into the information fields to determine all that follows.

I think the creators of this anime, weren't as esoterically oriented as one could wish for, and thus not all of the parallels are precise, but overall, they did a pretty good job, though Matrix or Dark City would get you closer to the 'Real World'. I could see some explanations for the connections to differnent dimensions, same as are referenced in Sliders', as portals can be controlled to some extent in the physical dimensions, determining who goes where, but again that is a factor of knowledge, which can be lost in times of cyclical cosmic cataclysm... not too far off now... dark star, comet cluster, 'wave' or portal to the next level of the 'game' of life... not to mention the transitional change in our planet's EM field, which brings on all the sinkholes, EQs, Volcanoes, lightning, ice age etc.

Fun times ahead.
gdpetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-04, 14:06   Link #613
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Maybe not a many-worlds reality, but a mirrored universe?

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science...ht-ncna1023206
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote