AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-11, 19:54   Link #121
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If those other girls had magic talking goldfish that turned into flying mecha with huge guns, they wouldn't need bailing out. Level the playing field!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 21:09   Link #122
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Fair point. I almost wrote in that she's a bit of an exception, and I probably should have.

Still, a lot of anime girls like Hozuki would have needed to be bailed out here. Instead, Hozuki saved herself and her family. The cute little girl is the hero, and she didn't need anybody's help to do it (well, except for whoever supplies her with machine parts ). She's no "sad girl in the snow", even though she easily could have been.
What does bailing out have anything to do with being moe? Personally her character design and voice gave her moeness away right in the 1st episode.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 22:52   Link #123
RobotCat
In a Box

The production quality is really high for this show. Everything looked great and the detail on the mecha, the transforming scooter, the airships, look amazing and well thought out.

The characters and direction feel 'fresh' too. Definitely took me by surprise and I have high hopes.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 23:04   Link #124
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
What does bailing out have anything to do with being moe? Personally her character design and voice gave her moeness away right in the 1st episode.
How often does a cute little girl in anime get in danger, and deal with the people endangering her, without needing anybody's help?

I'm not saying she's not moe. I'm saying she's not exactly conventional moe. The aim isn't to make you pity her, or "feel a desire to protect her" (i.e. classic definition of moe), since clearly she can protect herself. Yes, she's still cute, and that's part of her appeal, but she also is strong and independent.
Old 2013-10-11, 23:04   Link #125
Allium
Keep on keeping on

That first episode was better than I expected it to be. It was unusual (I thought I'd seen enough fish in Nagi no Asukara ), almost over the top, but all those came across in a good way. Plus, the mecha designs are really nice too.
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 00:58   Link #126
Shinhwa
Banned

This anime seems nice. Good animation. Not too sure about story though. I will watch it I guess.
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 02:27   Link #127
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Just saw the first episode. I hated some aspects but liked the show overall. Will follow. The OP is fantastic. It's my favorite OP of the season.
Old 2013-10-12, 04:10   Link #128
Fevvers
a regular van veen

That was intriguing, and the hints of action-adventure feel to it has me googly-eyed. Direction was also very kinetic. Really loving the goldfish mech. The only thing I disliked was the youngest sister's voice acting which was unnatural. But I can live with that; she's an engineering geek, what's not to like?!
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 18:32   Link #129
Grey

I like it. Kinda reminds me of Sasami-san@Ganbaranai. The distinct sister trio, the high paced first episode, and its absurdist humor and oddball setup. I have a feeling I'll find this one entertaining all the way to the end.

I'm also slightly surprised and interested in the parents being part of the OP. I'm used to parents always being conveniently missing or irrelevant.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 20:18   Link #130
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post

I'm also slightly surprised and interested in the parents being part of the OP. I'm used to parents always being conveniently missing or irrelevant.
yeah, I wonder how the parents are gonna be factored in in this anime... so it's not just about uniting the three sisters, but also the whole family. Quite different from other stories, uh?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 23:27   Link #131
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I have no idea what's going on, but I know that Hozuki is freaking cute and seeing her makes me diamonds. She's probably gonna be in my next avatar.

I'm afraid this'll fall completely apart at some point like Fractale, but for now it's a definite keeper. I like it when an anime has ambition.

Last edited by Tempester; 2013-10-13 at 02:31.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 23:44   Link #132
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Somehow the three sisters reminds me of those three sisters in Sasami-san@ganbaranai.

Anyway, I'm looking forward on what tricks Umetsu will do this time to turn this to another hit. A-1 is really making those SAO faces their trademark don't they?
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 00:25   Link #133
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
This show left one of the better impressions of this season so far. I might pick this one up since I can only pick 3-4 shows out of the 10 I'm interested.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 01:06   Link #134
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I uploaded the logo for the show in a transparent PNG format for anyone who wants to use it for sigs or whatever else.

Images
logo with subtitle
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
logo without subtitle
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 02:56   Link #135
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
NoitaminA has a watchable show after ages

Too bad for the anime though that is stuck in this zone, it will definitely hurt it aesthetically, but it will be enlightening for the zone's audience

I wish that either Umetsu or Niθ did the character designs though, not that the character ones are bad or anything, it's just that those two are simply awesome.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 04:22   Link #136
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I uploaded the logo for the show in a transparent PNG format for anyone who wants to use it for sigs or whatever else.

Images
logo with subtitle

Images
logo without subtitle
Hohoho, thanks. I just considered getting a new sig with that logo.
Old 2013-10-13, 04:47   Link #137
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Not sure what the mom's going for with the Galileo thing. He died centuries ago. Let it go already!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 06:29   Link #138
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
I thought that was interesting too. The only anime I've watched recently that really gave the parents major screen time with personalities and lives of their own was Xam'd. Hoping we get something close to that with Galilei Donna.
Old 2013-10-13, 08:10   Link #139
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fevvers View Post
I thought that was interesting too. The only anime I've watched recently that really gave the parents major screen time with personalities and lives of their own was Xam'd. Hoping we get something close to that with Galilei Donna.
Bokurano, Denpa Onna, Rotte no Omocha, etc.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 09:50   Link #140
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Bokurano, Denpa Onna, Rotte no Omocha, etc.
I wasn't really asking for suggestions but Bokurano was an earlier anime; also read the manga years ago and I don't really remember much focus on the parents except for 2-3 kids I think. My memories wonky on this granted though. Narutaru does a better job from the same author.

As for the other two, from the synopsis alone, don't think it's my cuppa.

Tags
action, noitamina, sci-fi, unintentional comedy