2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-20, 14:10   Link #41
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Really? I kind of figured her story was done and we really wouldnt hear nor see her for the remainder of the series.
Spoiler:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-02-20, 22:03   Link #42
Tri-ring

Spoiler for Hints concerning ep7:
Old 2008-02-20, 23:15   Link #43
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

From what the main site tells us, (and this kinda confuses me), there are 13 episodes, not 12. http://www.spicy-wolf.com/anime/story.html however, there is no epoisode 7, so in reality, there are 12 episodes. I'm going to assume that the 12 episodes and the OVA means there are "13" episodes, and that the 7th episode will be the one turned into the OVA, so the OVA will be nothing new, just some form of daily life for Lawrence and Horo on their trip after leaving the city from episodes 3,4,5,&6. This is all my speculation though. What do you think? That episode 7 will be the OVA, so it's content will be something unrelated to the plot between episodes 6+8?
Old 2008-02-20, 23:20   Link #44
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Welll.... if you'd read the rest of the thread ..... yeah, ep "7" is a DVD-only episode and will probably be just a one-shot short story of them "on the road" perhaps taken from one of the short stories in volume 7 or an anime-only episode (written by the author if we're lucky).
Old 2008-02-21, 06:13   Link #45
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Welll.... if you'd read the rest of the thread .....

wow, ur good ^_^ [skipped right to page 3, and didn't bother to read the rest of the post...sigh. I apologize to all those who took the time to post something]
Old 2008-02-21, 20:14   Link #46
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Random Curiosity screencaps are out for those that like spoilage... and unfortunately, the quality of comments at that website seems to be disintegrating (both content and poster names) so consider carefully before wasting energy there posting. A little fearsome modding might improve the smell
I couldn't get past page 1. But with images 2016-2018 taken out of context can you blame them?
Old 2008-02-22, 00:41   Link #47
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Wait, wait, wait...ep 8 is already out? O.o

But then what happened with the downloads? Because it doesn't look like the subbed eps have been released.

Or is just because the subbers are just a bit behind schedule?
Old 2008-02-22, 01:43   Link #48
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

As stated, , ep "7" is DVD-only and won't be aired. Therefore subs for that ep won't be available until that DVD set is released in Japan.
The series skipped right to ep 8 which was aired a day or so ago. I imagine we'll see that sub released late tonight or tomorrow unless some real life interrupt occurred.

It is speculated that ep 7 is taken from one of the short stories in novel volume 7.. or may be an anime-only bit of sidestory.
Old 2008-02-22, 20:31   Link #49
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

I want my, I want my, I want my MTV.

T_T

JK. Patience is a virtue. Yes a virtue. I'm sure of it.
Old 2008-02-22, 21:54   Link #50
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Subs are out.
Old 2008-02-22, 23:20   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Whenever the discussion drifts to apples, gotta love Horo's reactions. Though the peaches in honey information really got her going .

Really looking out for that tail of hers though. First getting the comb and now after some oil to keep it in pristine condition.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2008-02-22 at 23:31.
Old 2008-02-22, 23:24   Link #52
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quite enjoyable ep for me. Horo reaction to apples/pears with honey was amusing, and that getting jealous bit at the end made me laugh . Feels like her personality is becoming more human like and its just makes it more interesting for me to watch it .

Quote of the week: "Peaches with honey! I can't belive this".
Old 2008-02-23, 00:16   Link #53
feRfe

Oh shit, that's one beautiful shepherd...
Old 2008-02-23, 00:32   Link #54
metronome
Mad Loli

heh, I think I am stupid, but anyway, what did the guy that wanna buy the pepper from lawrence do? cheating the scale?

and what's so wrong for serving someone beer?

ah I dont get that part, feel stupid now
Old 2008-02-23, 00:41   Link #55
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
heh, I think I am stupid, but anyway, what did the guy that wanna buy the pepper from lawrence do? cheating the scale?

and what's so wrong for serving someone beer?

ah I dont get that part, feel stupid now
With the merchant they dealt with. I think the big thing was he tilted the table or something like that. So it would it wouldn't be a fair balance. That way he could save on the amount he has to pay to the merchants.
Old 2008-02-23, 01:01   Link #56
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
With the merchant they dealt with. I think the big thing was he tilted the table or something like that. So it would it wouldn't be a fair balance. That way he could save on the amount he has to pay to the merchants.
ah great,
now I understand
thanks for the explanation. but seems like the merchant dealt with has two scales, wonder why he chose the other one instead the one that he first intend to use.
Old 2008-02-23, 03:19   Link #57
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Finally watched the ep... gave it an "8". Had a lot of great moments, but the editing just seemed a bit awkward both in scene transition and in just camera angle jumps.
On the plus side, a lot of really good facial expressions from both Horo and Lawrence. For such a verbal show, it does rely a lot on the glances they give each other.

Plot-wise... the weight of the Church (and its less than beatific controls) is palpable in every scene. It makes me fairly jumpy watching.

The build-up to the shepherd was a little bit lame but the expressions on the three of them meeting on the meadow road are a strong indication of some fireworks ahead.

Explanation: the merchant told them he was serving water -- but had laced it with wine (doesn't take much to mess with decision process). However, this also seems a bit odd to me as I thought the table being not-level for the scale and possibly the floor itself being slanted was the real issue. The water betrayed the "wacky shack" nature of the room. At least that was MY interpretation of the scene and it definitely ran counter to the subbed dialog implications.

I'll have to compare the translation with the novel and other fansub translations. EDIT: Tri-ring cleared up my misunderstanding below.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-02-23 at 04:05.
Old 2008-02-23, 03:55   Link #58
Tri-ring

Quote:
Explanation: the merchant told them he was serving water -- but had laced it with wine (doesn't take much to mess with decision process). However, this also seems a bit odd to me as I thought the table being not-level for the scale and possibly the floor itself being slanted was the real issue. The water betrayed the "wacky shack" nature of the room. At least that was MY interpretation of the scene and it definitely ran counter to the subbed dialog implications.
Nope, Horo put on an act saying she had become dizzy and accused the merchant of serving wine instead of water so she could spill the water on the table so she could reveal the slanted table trick with proof.
This way Lawrence can save face while at the same time the merchant will be placed into a corner that he can not talk his way out.
Old 2008-02-23, 03:57   Link #59
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ahhh, now that sequence is clear.... and everyone at the end is able to "save face" and still deal. Lawrence gave him a single way out that also permits future (if more careful) business with him. I just love scenes where everyone in the room is playing loose with the truth with everyone else and they all know it.
Old 2008-02-23, 03:58   Link #60
ac3y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Nope, Horo put on an act saying she had become dizzy and accused the merchant of serving wine instead of water so she could spill the water on the table so she could reveal the slanted table trick with proof.
This way Lawrence can save face while at the same time the merchant will be placed into a corner that he can not talk his way out.
Yeah, that's kinda what I thought too.

Additionally, Horo seems to play with her tail a lot more in this episode compared to the past ones.
Odd that that would be my principal observation for this episode, but it is.

I also love the jealous face at the end, hah.

Time to wait and squirm for another week~ x_x
Closed Thread