AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-29, 19:45   Link #121
Xacual

Well my question was because it didn't really seem like an open beta if I was going to have to buy the game to get in. Also not paying to join Fileplanet just for a beta key. Kind of disappointed.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 23:22   Link #122
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Fileplanet is offering some OB keys when OB is released. I'm not sure how though, someone said something about subscribing in Fileplanet but i don't know if that only includes registering and grabbing a key, or purchasing something from Fileplanet. ( I don't use the site so I have no idea what he meant.. )

Ps. You can't subscribe to Aion if you do not have an Aion account, and to have an Aion account, you need to buy the game - either digitally or physically. You can however, get beta keys from ebay for like 2$, but check out the Fileplanet first.
Somewhat stupid question (but cannot find the answer):
If you were able to play CB, will you be able to play the OB? Already have an account and the game installed (upgraded to version 1.5). Want to determine if the game is worth buying.
Rawgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 07:57   Link #123
Velore

In my country to get access to both CB and OB you could order the key in Online Game Store for like $5, yet if you've done that the game itself will be cheaper by $5 and you'll have 2-days before offical premiere access, not much of a risk if you ask me, I would check it out anyway so now It's just about buying the game knowing that I like it.

On the other hand, I also thought it would be free-entry as it's free. But I think it's just because too many people would try to connect and servers would be flooded, and that's the reason behind it. OB keys should be easier to get though.

Btw. For interested people, here are changes in 1.5 (mostly for ppl who played CB)

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/news...nslations.html
Velore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 00:17   Link #124
kramerica

To me it's more of the principle of "Am I going to pay to play a beta?" kind of thing. I do have the Aion open beta client installed and ready to go, but do not have an Aion account. So I'm hoping by the time open beta starts there's more than the currently known ways to get into the beta.

Having tons of people flood servers should = stress test, which isn't really a bad thing. Personally for me, I'm in the "hmm, dunno about this one, maybe if I can see what the lowbie gameplay is like" category, that's why I wanted to try the open beta. But either going through pre-order or fileplanet means I have to pay X dollars too.

BTW in case you didn't know, only Fileplanet subscribers will get open beta keys, not people with just accounts (that is, people who pay a premium per month will get them). There may be some other mmo sites doing giveaways, but those usually last like 5 seconds no matter how many keys are available :\

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 01:26   Link #125
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

So I thought I'd give this a go, I'm a bit late for beta and stuff but anyway. I installed it ready to go, and started it up just to see what happens... movie, login screen, whatever... but instead I get a little box saying the game isn't available in my country. Is that just because the servers are down at the moment, or is it not going to be available in Aust?
Old 2009-09-04, 01:28   Link #126
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
So I thought I'd give this a go, I'm a bit late for beta and stuff but anyway. I installed it ready to go, and started it up just to see what happens... movie, login screen, whatever... but instead I get a little box saying the game isn't available in my country. Is that just because the servers are down at the moment, or is it not going to be available in Aust?
Aion will be available in Australia, as noted by the pre-order display boxes that are in every EB Games. Also note that the next Beta push doesn't start until September 6 and the servers won't be fully open until September 23.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 02:51   Link #127
Mr Hat and Clogs

Good good, just glad I suddenly didn't go to bizzaro world and everything I'd see for Aion in magazines and shops was just a fanciful illusion.
Old 2009-09-04, 03:04   Link #128
Xion Valkyrie

Servers are east coast only =/ Sucks for Australian and East Asian players. Should use this opportunity to check your ping.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 06:06   Link #129
Mr Hat and Clogs

Meh, theres never an MMO with a good ping for Aust, we'll probably be always damned to 200+ pings!
Old 2009-09-04, 06:16   Link #130
gonzo562

i plan to give this mmo a try. I already pre-ordered it.

i love the armor designs. A low level gladiator or just any character can look can look so badass.
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 17:35   Link #131
Xion Valkyrie

Open Beta is tomorrow. ARE YOU GUYS READY?
Old 2009-09-05, 18:54   Link #132
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

nope too busy throwing trucks at Army people in Champions
Old 2009-09-05, 21:45   Link #133
Mr Hat and Clogs

Not real sure what I want to play. Have a craving to do some damage (in a flashy manner), but I want something that has either good survivability, or the ability to avoid combat. Although I'd like to play something that has a good benefit and isn't going to be lost in a sea of mediocrity.

I'm thinking I could play a Cleric, having played healers before in other various gaming formats I'm starting to get the healer bug again - probably brought on by recently starting a D&D Cleric again.

PvP healing in Aion looks to be pretty interesting tactic wise, and for PvE seems to be a sort of stock standard affair. I used to play a Priest back in (vanilla) WoW, mostly PvE, but ventured into the occasional PvP field and had some reasonable success there. I'm no twitch gamer, not anymore anyway, so I'm getting to like fights that i can outlast or torment my foes to death (clubbing people to death with my staff in WoW was one my favorite pass times in PvP - took forever but it was funny. Probably why I played a Bard and a Necromancer in EQ too.)

There's also the added advantage that healers are generally sought after in PvP and PvE, which gives a good chance to socialize and find good people to play with.

Second option I was thinking either Spirit Master or Sorcerer for the purely ranged focus. I was leaning towards the Spirit Master but there seems to be some limitations on them which would make multiple SM's less desirable to have around. Sorc's seem to be a fairly easy class to learn, but might have some more skilled aspects too it. That and blowing stuff up in an overly flashy manner can be amusing. For a melee option Assassins seemed kinda cool, I liked the general look of them but not real sure on trying one.

One thing I was curious about, I noticed with the female sorcerers that a lot of the "robes" they wear are barely more then mini-skirts with tails, I've seen the occasional robe similar to what the males wear but I'm wondering is that just player choice customizing the look of the gear or is like 3/4's of the gear mini-skirts. Personally I preferred the look of the long robes, or the pants + shirt option. Maybe it'll grow on me, but I initially found it a bit... over the top (?). That's not to say it isn't detailed though, I can appreciate the work that's gone into it. But if I was to play a female character I'd like it to be able to wear somewhat "modest" clothing. Otherwise i really like the detail in the armor, for all the classes of both sexes.

Any feedback, or suggestions, or pearls of wisdom?

also, long post is long.
Old 2009-09-05, 22:19   Link #134
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
One thing I was curious about, I noticed with the female sorcerers that a lot of the "robes" they wear are barely more then mini-skirts with tails, I've seen the occasional robe similar to what the males wear but I'm wondering is that just player choice customizing the look of the gear or is like 3/4's of the gear mini-skirts. Personally I preferred the look of the long robes, or the pants + shirt option. Maybe it'll grow on me, but I initially found it a bit... over the top (?). That's not to say it isn't detailed though, I can appreciate the work that's gone into it. But if I was to play a female character I'd like it to be able to wear somewhat "modest" clothing. Otherwise i really like the detail in the armor, for all the classes of both sexes.

Any feedback, or suggestions, or pearls of wisdom?

also, long post is long.
Nope, the better the armor is, the sexier it is

There are a few more conservative sets though, and since you can skin swap any armor in the game, you can always do that.
Old 2009-09-05, 22:44   Link #135
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Nope, the better the armor is, the sexier it is

There are a few more conservative sets though, and since you can skin swap any armor in the game, you can always do that.
uh no, the sexier the armor, the more you're garrenteed to be killed. if you want less degrading armor, you're better of rolling male characters.

Old 2009-09-05, 22:45   Link #136
Mr Hat and Clogs

Well if you can customize that's fine, but mini-skirt's would wear thin after a while. I've always liked the more 'modest' armor that suggests and hints but leaves things to the imagination. A mini-skirt, can't really do that! It's just straight up, look at me I'm in a (/roy mustang) TINY MINI-SKIRT!

lol@ pictures, Kyero.
Old 2009-09-05, 22:56   Link #137
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

people should really not look at women in games as just eye candy(atleast not so much). take Hilde from SC4 for example, wears FULL armor and shows nothing except her face. yet she's a total bad ass and sexy. she's a true female warrior.

Old 2009-09-05, 23:46   Link #138
Mr Hat and Clogs

Yeah, I really like how she looks, cool armor and style. Fun to use in the game too. (She's also partly the reason for where I got the name for my DK in WoW). She had a dress in that game you could use that was pretty covering I think but still looked quite good. I really liked the fast characters in the game, Scheherazade, Amy or Raphael.

Might sound a bit prudish, but I'm not! It's not so much that it's "degrading armor" I just have a certain taste for 'classics', from time to time. If the setting is right, the skin-tight mid-rif revealing mini-skirt armor can be quite good. Probably just need to get used to it.

edit: anyway, what game play experiences have you guys had? How's faction balance been? Any interesting anecdotes?
Old 2009-09-06, 00:29   Link #139
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

theres been unbalanced between factions? I didnt know the factions had any diffrence but appearance =\
Old 2009-09-06, 00:37   Link #140
Xacual

Apparently there was enough of an unbalance that they implemented a server control that prevents one faction from getting way more players then the other faction.

Or maybe they are just doing this so they don't have 4 to 1 imbalance possibly happening, either way its probably not a bad idea.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aion, mmorpg, ncsoft, windows