Notices

Old 2013-05-23, 22:29   Link #1281
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Oh OK, he was not actually there, that was just Yuuki's flashbacks. Makes sense. I thought he was there in that scene, but turns out he died off-screen anticlimatically.

I find it both funny and sad that she ends up having kids with both Kaname and Zero, the mangaka is really trying to appease all fans. And Kaname being the only one still alive at the end is just sad. Though I guess Yuuki's had a good life, living for a thousand years, raising her two kids, and probably spending most of that time with Zero, too.

Oh and we get basically no epilogue on any of the other characters because MILLENIUM TIMESKIP. They just get an honorable "life goes on" mention, some walk off in couples, and her female friend happily grows old telling tales about her.

Now that I read it again and understand it a bit better, I guess it's not a horrible ending for Kaname (but does he have his memories or not? Last time this process wiped memories after all), but it sure sucks for basically everyone else (and I did not want to see Yuuki dead). But it just doesn't sit right with me. And "giving world" is a bit far fetched, Kaname was basically OK walking around during daylight so he already knew what it looked like I'd hope. Oh well, on to the next vampire story.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 23:06   Link #1282
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

...that was so bloody lame, but honestly i wasnt expecting much from this, the story just didnt make any sense after yuki transformed back into a vampire, there was no substance to it at all.
Zeros character was all over the place first wanting to kill all vampires, then protecting yuki, then wanting to kill them all again then protecting her again......i just gave up

Conclusion, the series started realy damn great! Then it got stabbed in the middle of the series and slowly bled to death
Old 2013-05-24, 04:10   Link #1283
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
what a dumb ending, Zero got the leftovers. Ending up begging a girl who didnt love him that much to be with him. Good job Yuuki, if you can't have one guy, get the one who's still alive and have both of their kids. Poor Zero, shouldve moved on to a better girl.
Old 2013-05-24, 08:13   Link #1284
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I don't know what to say about the ending. It has neither left me disappointed nor contented. I guess this is what happens when a good manga has been screwed long enough.

I don't get about the children at the end. I know they are Yuki's children, but are they Zero's? Is the boy with white hair Zero's son and the girl with long hair Kaname's child? So confused. If that truly is the case, then the pairing discussion can go to trash now. After all, she has children with her two love interests

I suppose if one wants to look at the bright side of things, it is good that Zero finally has his fair share of happiness. Also, the last page with Kaname awakens as a human is surprisingly touching.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 08:25   Link #1285
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Is the boy with white hair Zero's son and the girl with long hair Kaname's child?
Yes. And it's not really that confusing. Messed up, yes, but not confusing.
Old 2013-05-24, 08:55   Link #1286
lightbringer
M9000

Well, considering that we only ever saw her sleep once with Kaname and had no indication whatsoever that this kind of result was coming (and nothing on Zero except him begging her to stay with him), I think "confusing" is as good a term to describe it as any. And it's just there to appease both shipper factions IMHO... at least the fujoshi get almost nothing out of this.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 09:05   Link #1287
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
im just going to pretend this ending never happened and chalk it up to another manga that was to finished other wise i will just bash the hell out of it. The ending was horribly rushed and the author obviously tried to appease both Kaname and Zero camps by having Yuuki birth a child to each of them. As for Zero dying and Yuuki reviving Kaname then dying herself i just dunno. Very disappointed
Old 2013-05-24, 09:21   Link #1288
dmaxzero

What an anticlimatic ending. A total waste, I liked the first part of the manga a lot more than this.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 14:03   Link #1289
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I was just thinking back and remembering that i've been this annoyed with a manga ending once before.... Ceres the Celestial Legend.... this is way too similar in it's annoyingness and its ending!

It had that whole:
Yea i know she doesn't love you or anything but i need you to be with her anyway and raise my kids and such... I know you got nuthin better to do with your life either way so it should be cool.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 15:02   Link #1290
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I was just thinking back and remembering that i've been this annoyed with a manga ending once before.... Ceres the Celestial Legend.... this is way too similar in it's annoyingness and its ending!

It had that whole:
Yea i know she doesn't love you or anything but i need you to be with her anyway and raise my kids and such... I know you got nuthin better to do with your life either way so it should be cool.
exactly what I thought, more added with the "hey she just might pity you enough to have your kid too! But don't get too full of yourself, she'll eventually sacrifice herself to revive me since she only loves me". By the way you guys notice Yuuki only mentions that Zero brought her happiness? She never mentioned once whether she loved him or not, he was just the replacement
Old 2013-05-24, 15:14   Link #1291
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
exactly what I thought, more added with the "hey she just might pity you enough to have your kid too! But don't get too full of yourself, she'll eventually sacrifice herself to revive me since she only loves me". By the way you guys notice Yuuki only mentions that Zero brought her happiness? She never mentioned once whether she loved him or not, he was just the replacement
agreed its like reward system make yuuki happy she opens legs and has your child. poor zero he was a butt monkey for kaname and yuuki
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 15:23   Link #1292
rickiminato

I have a question concerning the end of the manga
when kaname wake of his millenial dream and see his daughter that means that yuuki and zero have died or
Old 2013-05-24, 15:29   Link #1293
Bern-san

So this is the end at last, a shame the manga ended up being the joke that it is now because I was fond of the art and the plot seemed interesting at first but the quality started declining until I just read it for the sake of reading it.

A shame Zero was so desperate to be with Yuuki but at least he remained happy until his death after that. Secondary characters? What, there's more characters aside from the main trio? Huh.
Yuuki and Zero's child is a girl or a boy? Either way Kaname is going to bang them both

What would annoy me is that the last volume gets good sales instead of other shojos which deserve more recognition.

Last edited by Bern-san; 2013-05-25 at 07:45.
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 21:37   Link #1294
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
I have a question concerning the end of the manga
when kaname wake of his millenial dream and see his daughter that means that yuuki and zero have died or
Yuuki visits Zero's grave
Yuuki sacrifices her life for the mane she loved (Kaname)
Kaname wakes up as a human so he can be in sun, YuukixZero's son & YuukixKaname's daughter greets their *other* dad(Kaname)
Old 2013-05-25, 00:11   Link #1295
taichi-kun

I wonder how many years managed to live zero,he probably died only a few years before Yuuki.

Aidou and the rest lived 1000 years ?

hino.. you forgot to tell us the names of the children.. and should have shown a bit more about yuuki-zero's family life.

Last edited by taichi-kun; 2013-05-25 at 09:49.
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 11:17   Link #1296
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
I wonder how many years managed to live zero,he probably died only a few years before Yuuki.

Aidou and the rest lived 1000 years ?

hino.. you forgot to tell us the names of the children.. and should have shown a bit more about yuuki-zero's family life.
They will give the names in the next series where the older sister is in love with her vampire brother and Kaname is trying to steal her away in his human form. While 60% of the fan base will be on Kaname's side even though it's seemingly impossible and the other 40% is dead set on the vampire brother who looks down on Kaname since he's both human and his fathers "rival." Then 70% of those two groups will just call her a slut for having mixed feelings about the both of them and somehow ending up in strange relationships with both her brother and her father....I'll just stop here I don't wanna spoil ya too much
Old 2013-05-25, 11:45   Link #1297
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
YuukixZero's son & YuukixKaname's daughter greets their *other* dad(Kaname)
The me from before who had just read chapter one would probably go berserk to see what a..slut she is at the ending. I don't feel anything now but I wonder whether it's because that I accept the ending or I'm just tired with all of this

Any chance for more extra story in tankoubon release?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 13:48   Link #1298
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
what a dumb ending, Zero got the leftovers. Ending up begging a girl who didnt love him that much to be with him. Good job Yuuki, if you can't have one guy, get the one who's still alive and have both of their kids. Poor Zero, shouldve moved on to a better girl.
Oh GEEZE. Not this argument again!! I am so sick of this.

Yuuki: I received a lot of happiness from Zero.

YOU CAN'T BE HAPPY WITH SOMEONE YOU DON'T LOVE, SO YES, SHE LOVES HIM, DAMMIT.

Quote:
By the way you guys notice Yuuki only mentions that Zero brought her happiness? She never mentioned once whether she loved him or not,
They're the same thing!!
Old 2013-05-25, 13:59   Link #1299
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Oh GEEZE. Not this argument again!! I am so sick of this.

Yuuki: I received a lot of happiness from Zero.

YOU CAN'T BE HAPPY WITH SOMEONE YOU DON'T LOVE, SO YES, SHE LOVES HIM, DAMMIT.

They're the same thing!!
I can agree with this even though i didn't like the end and how everything happened. Judgeing yuuki for being with zero after that other guy is gone is like judging a widow for remarrying later in life after her husband dies. Nothing was said about how long it took for her to move on and there really isnt anything wrong with moving on. So she "remarried" and took zero as a husband and stayed with him till he died, and I have no doubt that she loved him. She decided to die along with her husband and in doing so gave a life to the other person she loved and lost.

With all of that said i just didn't like it. It just bothered me that Zero was portrayed as a poor lonley sap that would have been completely alone if Kaname hadn't died. (because of my own preferance and it reminded me too much of Ceres). So i guess what i didn't like about the whole story was never Yuuki, but the portray of Zero. If Kaname hadn't asked them to be together and Zero hadn't seemed like a begger there at the end. I probably would have been a little more happy with the ending.
Old 2013-05-27, 03:06   Link #1300
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I can agree with this even though i didn't like the end and how everything happened. Judgeing yuuki for being with zero after that other guy is gone is like judging a widow for remarrying later in life after her husband dies. Nothing was said about how long it took for her to move on and there really isnt anything wrong with moving on. So she "remarried" and took zero as a husband and stayed with him till he died, and I have no doubt that she loved him. She decided to die along with her husband and in doing so gave a life to the other person she loved and lost.

With all of that said i just didn't like it. It just bothered me that Zero was portrayed as a poor lonley sap that would have been completely alone if Kaname hadn't died. (because of my own preferance and it reminded me too much of Ceres). So i guess what i didn't like about the whole story was never Yuuki, but the portray of Zero. If Kaname hadn't asked them to be together and Zero hadn't seemed like a begger there at the end. I probably would have been a little more happy with the ending.
moved on? HA that's a good one. She felt lonely and needed some *comfort* while she spent the next thousand years devoting to her research to bring Kaname back, which she eventually finished and turn him human at the cost of her life. Moving on... heh funniest thing I've read

Tags
manga