AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-24, 23:28   Link #701
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 36. Raquel's All Pumped Up! Release the Power of His First Love!

At first I was upset with the direction this episode was heading. I mean Aguri and Davie were making a big drama about Raquel falling in love with a human girl and wouldn't allow it. C'mon! How come they take the rules to the letter?

If those girls had continue behaving stubbornly on the matter, then I would have had preferred this episode being another Ai-chan centric one. Fortunately, the episode developed in such a way that the girls neither interrupted nor interfered with Raquel's date.

I believe stories and tales must feel organic to both viewers and readers, that is the characters responding on their own towards a development without acting on a predetermined set of rules, literary devices, or parameters. Hence, I would say that Raquel got all the freedom to know more about Yashima-san and learned both disillusionment and heartbreak upon finding out that she had a boyfriend.
- Ganbare, Raquel-kun!

And, I saw for myself how come this episode soldifies the whole notion that Rika/Cure Diamond gets the short end of the stick for this season. I mean it was quite hilarious how come Raquel's powered-up might literary push and carried Cure Diamond along with him, and with all that weight he literally slammed himself onto the Jikochuu knocking it out cold. The thing is that whole move made it look like Cure Diamond literally slammed the Jikochuu with her butt.

Wow, I made the most discussion in a long while for a single episode such as this one.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 11:54   Link #702
Mazryonh

There's something I don't get. Why do the various Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha series have a subforum all their own, while the various Precure series don't?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 20:39   Link #703
Witched

Or why doesn't Precure have its own Sub-Forum? Maybe it'd be cloggy, who knows.
Having separate Precure threads seem silly, now that I think about it...

Spoiler for Episode 38:

No Precure Episode this week!
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 21:06   Link #704
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
There's something I don't get. Why do the various Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha series have a subforum all their own, while the various Precure series don't?
I've kind of wondered the same thing... there's an active topic for each series every year. It only makes sense to me to combine it all into one Pretty Cure subforum. ^^;

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 08:00   Link #705
elior

Spoiler for regina:
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 15:29   Link #706
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Spoiler for Happiness charge toy solicitation:

Judging by this Happiness Charge might be 5 at the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
I've kind of wondered the same thing... there's an active topic for each series every year. It only makes sense to me to combine it all into one Pretty Cure subforum. ^^;
I think it makes sense too and it'll feel a bit more organized too.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2013-11-05 at 18:58.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 00:05   Link #707
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 37. Fix that Pickiness! Carrots vs Aguri!

To tell the truth I found this episode funny, because I like eating carrots whether be raw, in soup, rice porridge, or cake, although I'm relunctant when it comes to drink carrot juice.

That and the fact that Aguri for a brief time got her just desserts whether being afraid of eating carrots or putting her hands on fertilizer to cultivate them. As for the Jikochuu of that week, the design was clever to lure Ai inside of it with candies and haunting her with illusions of evil carrots.
Nevertheless, after Cure Ace overcame her pickiness with carrots, then the evil carrots themselves turned into cute, carrot fairies and making company to Ai-chan.

In addition, the funniest moment of the episode happened when Mana dressed in a carrot suit broke in the middle of Professor Rika's class on carrots.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-09, 19:16   Link #708
Witched

Oi! Oiiiii~!

Anyone alive for another DDPC episode tonight/today?

Can't wait to see what new happens this episode.
Old 2013-11-10, 00:46   Link #709
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 38. Bel's Plot! Ai Becomes a Selfishness?

This was a good episode to conclude the Raising Ai-chan story arc.

They played quite nicely with the trope limits about good guys turning bad guys in quite some way.

Basically, Ai-chan was seduced by the Trio into becoming selfish by indulging with all sorts of bowling Jikochuu fun, having all toys, drinks, and eating all kinds of sweets.
The loophole to the black-to-white morality trope played was that babies are not self-aware about their actions carrying moral consequences at that early age of their lives. Therefore, conditioning is necessary to properly guide and channel their behavior in an appropriate manner of conduct.

It makes me wonder what is it about Ai-chan that makes her so different from the other fairies introduced in all Pretty Cure seasons, aside of having both a body and form that is a human-like baby in appearance?
As far as I can recall I never heard of any other fairy partner getting seduced to turn into bad behavior. They may become evil against their free will if forced to by a spell or curse from the bad guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witched View Post
Oi! Oiiiii~!

Anyone alive for another DDPC episode tonight/today?

Can't wait to see what new happens this episode.
Of course, I can't wait to see the next episode now that I caught up, and this episode heralding Regina's return to playtime in her evil mode.
Old 2013-11-10, 05:16   Link #710
elior

well this was unexpected twist with regina in episode 39 but a good twist
Old 2013-11-10, 09:03   Link #711
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
well this was unexpected twist with regina in episode 39 but a good twist
I didn't saw a twist at all, and certainly not a "good one".

Spoiler for Episode 39:
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 09:41   Link #712
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
I didn't saw a twist at all, and certainly not a "good one".

Spoiler for Episode 39:
Spoiler for episode 39:
Old 2013-11-10, 13:51   Link #713
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
Spoiler for episode 39:
Spoiler for Doki Doki 39:

Last edited by Ichuki; 2013-11-10 at 16:21.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 02:57   Link #714
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Red Eyes Purple Regina!
Reginya ペロペロ(^ω^)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 17:12   Link #715
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 39. I'm Here to See You! We Meet Again, Regina!

Thank goodness that the girls actually pointed out the fake Joe was Bel impersonating. I instantly could tell right off the bat the moment I saw him wearing that gray apron decorated with the black hearts, which is the coat of arms for the Jikochuu.
In fact, they pointed out that detail, as well.

Ok. Honestly, I found out Cure Heart's act all lame, and it was ludicrous she took all those blasts from Regina at point-blank range, as if it she was hit by a gentle breeze. Pretty much, they meant that literally loves conquers anything, or there's nothing out there that can be fixed with love.

The juxtaposition came with Regina getting a hard time with Cure Heart's sugary attempts to win her over, and struggling with those feelings. It's like they telling us that no matter how much you struggle or put resistance with you're bound to lose, if you get overwhelmed by fury or some other negative emotion.

I do enjoy and understand the fighting spirit trope, but when it's put to good use. In Pretty Cure, it becomes lame and wooden when cases arise like what happened in this episode with Cure Heart becoming instantly the invincible HAXX without effort.
And, seriously, I dislike the preachiness in this franchise on to say that bad guys and bad emotions neither pay off nor win. It's like watching those American cartoon shows back from the 1980's, that at the end of the episode the main character teaches a moral lesson message to the kids watching the show.

Maybe for the magical-girl genre released by TOEI everything is pre-ordained for love to win always at the end no matter what, because it's convenient.

But, I beg to differ that the Regina scenes were truly the best. What intrigued me is that the spear of light reacted to Reginas' emotions.
Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-16, 19:26   Link #716
Witched

...Episode 40 gave me mixed emotions, but yeah, Makopi's new song is one from the DDPC Vocal Album 2 that came out some time ago her Character Album.

Spoiler for Episode 40 & 41 Preview:

Last edited by Witched; 2013-11-17 at 14:26.
Old 2013-11-16, 22:09   Link #717
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
So would this count as a passive-aggressive relationship?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-11-17, 03:16   Link #718
elior

they was so close to get regina back to be good in this episode this was so close
Old 2013-11-17, 14:31   Link #719
Witched

Dokidoki Precure 40

Makopi's moment~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7S640GVXnM
Old 2013-11-17, 16:34   Link #720
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witched View Post
this song was so good it was make me cry with tears of joy