AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-11-21, 22:36   Link #10701
Cruz Excahm
Creator Class - Kawaii

No worrys
thanks for the info.
Old 2013-12-03, 06:24   Link #10702
Avvesione

To update Cruz Excahm:

I've looked around and none of my friends have any scanners I can use. I might buy one that's a printer/scanner/etc now that there are holiday sales but that'll depend on other factors.

To update everyone:

Nothing new on Needless with this past Ultra Jump. Kami updated his blog again but nothing new unless you wanna see how he's doing with video games.

He was interviewed recently by Tokyo Manga Lab. I can't translate it but I bet there's some interesting stuff in there. Here is the link: http://tokyomangalab.com/?interviews=kami-imai
Old 2014-01-01, 03:06   Link #10703
ReikuSSR
Thy Sanely Insane Pries†

Hello, Brethren.

I have been meaning to make an appearance here, but alas I have been having quite a troublesome time. Regardless, it is a pleasure to meet some of you, and some I already know.

I am none other than Thy Sanely Insane Pries†, ReikuSSR. I hope we can get along nicely.

Last edited by ReikuSSR; 2014-01-01 at 03:08. Reason: Image
ReikuSSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 04:13   Link #10704
Xiammes

Alright I have seen a few people post, is Shirasunamura in the same universe as Needless?

If so, can someone spoil the shit out of it for me, like everything relevant, I doubt it will be scanlated anytime soon.
Old 2014-02-03, 21:44   Link #10705
ReikuSSR
Thy Sanely Insane Pries†

@Xiammes
Okay, it is been scanlated at the moment.
I have had the theory for years that they connected together and that Okami/Ogami is the second. Whether or not that is true you must wait until the release of volume 10 for me to confirm it. Please wait about 4-5 weeks. I could spoil all of Shirasunamura though, I have the entire series up to date.

Thank you for showing such interest, -Thy Sanely Insane Pries†, ReikuSSR

Last edited by ReikuSSR; 2014-02-03 at 21:45. Reason: quoting
Old 2014-02-04, 13:57   Link #10706
Xiammes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikuSSR View Post
@Xiammes
I have had the theory for years that they connected together and that Okami/Ogami is the second. Whether or not that is true you must wait until the release of volume 10 for me to confirm it. Please wait about 4-5 weeks. I could spoil all of Shirasunamura though, I have the entire series up to date.

I know its being scanlated, but its very low on Psylockes priority list, I just don't want to wait.

Yes that would be wonderful, I doubt I will be able to read the series any time soon.
Old 2014-02-04, 14:05   Link #10707
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikuSSR View Post
@Xiammes

I have a feeling Ogami from Needless is just a expy of from the one in Shirasunamura. Authors insert characters from their other stories to a another, and yet not have them relate to the story their originally from. A perfect example is Chikane and Himeko from Kannuzuki no Miko from Kaishakku. Ogami was a young boy, when he was signed up for the Adam Project in Needless. He's an adult in Shirasunamura, and his powers aren't any fragments in that story.
Old 2014-02-15, 14:21   Link #10708
ReikuSSR
Thy Sanely Insane Pries†

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
I have a feeling Ogami from Needless is just a expy of from the one in Shirasunamura. Authors insert characters from their other stories to a another, and yet not have them relate to the story their originally from. A perfect example is Chikane and Himeko from Kannuzuki no Miko from Kaishakku. Ogami was a young boy, when he was signed up for the Adam Project in Needless. He's an adult in Shirasunamura, and his powers aren't any fragments in that story.
I am sorry, but your assumption is way off. Shirasunamura occurs in year 2001, modern day. Okami/Ogami is what I believe to be The Second. I cannot give away too much fact at the moment, but I may add spoiler tag and let you people know what actual connection there really is.

Kain also relates, he is from BLACK SPOT (story released back in 1998).

I do not want to sound harsh or anything, I honestly appreciate people having such great interest in Imai Kami's works. My theories are theories too, so nothing is truly set and stone.

Last edited by ReikuSSR; 2014-02-15 at 15:27. Reason: additional info
Old 2014-02-15, 14:29   Link #10709
ReikuSSR
Thy Sanely Insane Pries†

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiammes View Post
I know its being scanlated, but its very low on Psylockes priority list, I just don't want to wait.

Yes that would be wonderful, I doubt I will be able to read the series any time soon.
Okay, there is not a lot of thick lined connections between the stories, that is partially what makes it cool, I will say that
Spoiler for :

-Thy Sanely Insane Pries†, ReikuSSR.

Last edited by ReikuSSR; 2014-02-15 at 14:32. Reason: spoiler tag
Old 2014-02-25, 12:57   Link #10710
ReikuSSR
Thy Sanely Insane Pries†

Shirasunamura/NEEDLESS

Heya people of fans of Imai Kami, just wanted to alert that Shirasunamura volume 10 cover art has been released, (hoping to get mine soon! *glad*)
Also I wanted to point out the similarities between the two, such as the cross behind Okami mimics the iconic cross on the NEEDLESS volumes, the three main characters that are exposed on the cover in the same sequence and top it all off the hand placement of Okami's and Blade's.
So yeah, that is all for now,

Thy Sanely Insane Pries†,

ReikuSSR
Old 2014-02-25, 13:47   Link #10711
Homura7

Been a while since I last posted here. I should check Imai's blog just in case. Maybe he's already working on his new? series.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 19:54   Link #10712
ReikuSSR
Thy Sanely Insane Pries†

HELLo, my fellow Imai Kami and NEEDLESS fans. I finally got volume 10, and I must say my prediction back about a year ago, (laughs) is correct. Please if you want to know more enter the spoiler tag under secrets disclosed. Thank You every one for supporting Imai Kami and I cannot wait for his next series to begin.

Secrets disclosed:
Spoiler for :

I will be back shortly,
-Thy Sanely Insane Pries†,
ReikuSSR

Last edited by ReikuSSR; 2014-03-10 at 19:56. Reason: Spoiler tag issues
Old 2014-03-10, 22:31   Link #10713
amtro
Distro

So what exactly happened to his Eve and accompanying Cruz look-alike?
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 00:30   Link #10714
Kurohane

What chapter is the Needless image from, Reiku?
Old 2014-03-11, 20:00   Link #10715
Xiammes

Good shit, any other spoilers? I would love to find out more about the series, but I can't find any raws

Last edited by Xiammes; 2014-03-11 at 20:29.
Xiammes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 13:42   Link #10716
ReikuSSR
Thy Sanely Insane Pries†

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
What chapter is the Needless image from, Reiku?
The Images I provided were all from Shirasunamura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
So what exactly happened to his Eve and accompanying Cruz look-alike?
Wataru-Tonami and Yui? whell...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Good shit, any other spoilers? I would love to find out more about the series, but I can't find any raws
The raws are hard to find digitally, I do respect greatly if you were to purchase them. There are a couple sites I can give to get the raws. I will only disperse little raws, this is so I can encourage people to actually by the books so it can support Imai Kami.

I will say though,
Spoiler for :

The grand connections will be laid out in a big, "essay" I will be typing up for all my usually areas of news, and chat. please leave any questions and I will get to them as soon as I can, I am quite busy with school work, but I do hope to share the "essay" with everyone as whell as my full ratings for all his current works.

Til then, keep posting I will be checking daily.
"Long live kami, Imai Kami."
ReikuSSR.

Last edited by ReikuSSR; 2014-03-12 at 20:11. Reason: additional info/typo
Old 2014-03-12, 23:13   Link #10717
Xiammes

I plan on buying the volumes as soon as I finish buying Needless, I only have volume 15, 16, 1. Money is tight.
Old 2014-03-14, 11:57   Link #10718
ReikuSSR
Thy Sanely Insane Pries†

Quote:
I plan on buying the volumes as soon as I finish buying Needless, I only have volume 15, 16, 1. Money is tight.
I understand that, and importing fees can suck. Depending on how THPIH does over time, hopefully, I can make contests and finally make it an actual fan website, and not just a tumblr page. I will try to have contests, so people can win goodies. I also want to raise money so I can finally get over to Japan and be Imai Kami's assistant. I want to be a mangaka too, and whell in short. I hope to support him through his career, as whell as try and stay in touch with some of the biggest fans to give thanks.
Old 2014-03-29, 16:39   Link #10719
ReikuSSR
Thy Sanely Insane Pries†

For those who are a fan of all of Imai Kami's works or his works in general, I wanted to alert that Imai Kami is producing a perfect edition to Angoromoa-chan no Chikyuu Shinryaku Nikki
It will release on April 14th, to those curious as to why no new series as of yet, whell be mad at the editors honestly, I believe that is the issue not Imai Kami himself, thank you.
"Long live Kami, Imai Kami."

ReikuSSR
Old 2014-04-21, 01:23   Link #10720
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikuSSR
The raws are hard to find digitally, I do respect greatly if you were to purchase them. There are a couple sites I can give to get the raws. I will only disperse little raws, this is so I can encourage people to actually by the books so it can support Imai Kami.
Be careful with this RAW discussion guys. Anyone asking for a place to download RAWs can get their accounts banned (yes, asking is enough for a ban), as well as those that offer help to get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikuSSR
I understand that, and importing fees can suck. Depending on how THPIH does over time, hopefully, I can make contests and finally make it an actual fan website, and not just a tumblr page. I will try to have contests, so people can win goodies. I also want to raise money so I can finally get over to Japan and be Imai Kami's assistant. I want to be a mangaka too, and whell in short. I hope to support him through his career, as whell as try and stay in touch with some of the biggest fans to give thanks.
This is also not the place to discuss your personal plans, nor is it a place to discuss the future of your site. Any more of this will result in your posts getting deleted.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen