AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2014-05-27, 04:08   Link #721
LevelSeven

Quote:
Herp derp derpalicious, from wiki:
the article you posted also "says":
Quote:
Ultraviolet (UV) light is electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength shorter than that of visible light, but longer than X-rays, that is, in the range between 400 nm and 100 nm, corresponding to photon energies from 3 eV to 124 eV. It is so-named because the spectrum consists of electromagnetic waves with frequencies higher than those that humans identify as the color violet. These frequencies are invisible to most humans except those with aphakia. Near-UV is visible to a number of insects and birds.
with "shorter than visible light" they mean that the values of uv-rays are in a place where the human eye cant recognize them, they are for us invisible...
honey bees or bees in general can (or only) see the uv rays... but not the human eye...

Quote:
And before you say UV rays travel at different speed than visible light:
+1 for you

Quote:
To sum it up: (UV rays = light = visible light) = electromagnetic radiation.
like i said, uv rays != visible light, maybe it is possible to say that uv rays are a part of light but not the same (this depends on the defintion of light)

Quote:
Oh I know, you just discounted it as large scale attack and downplayed it by the simple fact that Accel blocked it in wwm, something that happens often and he did quite easily. Yup got it.
somehow i get the feeling that you either try to ignore me or you really mean what you post...
or you misunderstood me
i hope it is the latter

i already said why i dont count it (in this case, where we discuss about the possibility of accel turning invisible and still fighting like always), here:
i dont count this case because he stopped it in his white wing mode which is not his usual way of fighting (like it isnt the usual way of touma to fight with IT)

if he starts to fight with his wings all the time than i will gladly accept it but for now:
he used his wings (black or white) only fife times:
vs kihara (brain dead)
vs kakine (berserk)
vs touma (insane)
vs lsdap telesma bomb (+ halo) (until now, his maximum mode)
vs touma (minus the halo)
i dont know why he used his white wings in his fight agaisnt touma but i think that kamachi simply wanted to let the fight look more incredible...

it is similar with toumas IT:
vs izzard
vs mikoto
vs fiamma
vs othinus
it isnt their usual way to fight, touma doesnt sever his right hand and use IT-ex-machina the whole time, the same with accel...

Quote:
Look up the refractive index of air. Use the formula for refractive index to get LS in atmosphere. And fog is not air, its more water particles floating in air. Or are you going to bring up smog, steam, smoke, nitrogen, etc.?
i dont know why but i can feel a small bit of anger towards me
nevermind, right, fog is not air but it still "slows down" the light...
and thanks for the article, interesting, i didnt thought that temperature can influence light

Quote:
Or there's no point in for him in doing so.
-1 point
their was, one of the biggest examples:
vs kihara

accel holds the idiot ball and isnt using a gun, he relies on his ability -> turns himself invisible -> kihara tries to punch -> BBOOOMMM!! -> kihara dead
or the part where Worst shot at him, even if he didnt wanted to kill her, he could easily win if he knocked her unconsciouss (but he was already on the edge of breaking down )
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 04:41   Link #722
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
the article you posted also "says":

with "shorter than visible light" they mean that the values of uv-rays are in a place where the human eye cant recognize them, they are for us invisible...
honey bees or bees in general can (or only) see the uv rays... but not the human eye...

+1 for you

like i said, uv rays != visible light, maybe it is possible to say that uv rays are a part of light but not the same (this depends on the defintion of light)

somehow i get the feeling that you either try to ignore me or you really mean what you post...
or you misunderstood me
i hope it is the latter

i already said why i dont count it (in this case, where we discuss about the possibility of accel turning invisible and still fighting like always), here:
i dont count this case because he stopped it in his white wing mode which is not his usual way of fighting (like it isnt the usual way of touma to fight with IT)

if he starts to fight with his wings all the time than i will gladly accept it but for now:
he used his wings (black or white) only fife times:
vs kihara (brain dead)
vs kakine (berserk)
vs touma (insane)
vs lsdap telesma bomb (+ halo) (until now, his maximum mode)
vs touma (minus the halo)
i dont know why he used his white wings in his fight agaisnt touma but i think that kamachi simply wanted to let the fight look more incredible...

it is similar with toumas IT:
vs izzard
vs mikoto
vs fiamma
vs othinus
it isnt their usual way to fight, touma doesnt sever his right hand and use IT-ex-machina the whole time, the same with accel...

and thanks for the article, interesting, i didnt thought that temperature can influence light

-1 point
vs kihara

accel holds the idiot ball and isnt using a gun, he relies on his ability -> turns himself invisible -> kihara tries to punch -> BBOOOMMM!! -> kihara dead
or the part where Worst shot at him, even if he didnt wanted to kill her, he could easily win if he knocked her unconsciouss (but he was already on the edge of breaking down )
To be fair it wouldn't be an idiot ball since he didn't really need to be creative with his powers to win against everyone he fought. One of the things I really enjoy in this series is that Kamachi is fully aware of the idea that people who have powerful abilities are only as strong as how they decide to use them to win. If you beat a lot of people easily with your ability since they can't figure out how to get around it, then you don't need to come up with anything better, especially if you haven't ever lost and can't understand how broad of a world it is. This is why Accelerator had relied on a few fighting techniques or patterns to win. You could even say that the more powerful your ability is, the less creative you are with it, since you don't need to be creative at all with it to win. On the other hand, with a weaker but still useful ability, you need to explore all of the tricks that accompany it in order to make it fully useful all of the time I.e. Misaka and Touma. But since Accelerator started fighting people who were actually powerful and resourceful with their powers, he was forced to become much more creative and a lot stronger as a result. That's partially how I see it. Given that the Accel manga takes place apparently between the sisters arc and the remnant arc, at least at the beginning, I believe he might use this ability there before he becomes more powerful through other means...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 06:44   Link #723
Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
Well duh, human eyes can't perceive the different wavelengths of light. That's why we need to use prism in order to visibly distinguish them. UV's frequency is too low for human eyes to perceive, it is simply absorbed in the cornea and doesn't hit or retinas. The only reason why insects can perceive them is because they have photon absorption mechanism in their eyes.
Quote:
+1 for you
Quote:
"Maybe it is possible it is part of light"? It is not part of light, it is a spectrum of light, one of the seven different spectrums of light. And light is a simplified term for visible light.
Quote:
or you misunderstood me
i hope it is the latter
Blurb.
Quote:
Spoiler for TL:
Herp derp. I cited Fiamma's telesma attack and Gabriel's Sweep as examples of large scale attacks, i.e., attacks that is meant to affect a large area in addition of its intended target.
You said you didn't consider it as a large scale attack for the simple fact that it was blocked by Accel, which surprised me and which is the reason I took issue with your statement. It is as if you say a bomb that failed to destroy its durable target disqualifies it as a bomb for failing its objective. Or, to give other examples in-verse, AC's laser satellites. One of them, Altair-2, is designed to fire a concentrated beam of radiation in its target area, but GROUP destroyed its ground control antenna, which prevented BLOCK from using it. Now, does the satellite's laser no longer qualifies as large scale attack? Or Radiosonde Castle, it failed to crash into AC, thus failing its purpose of demolishing said city, does this disqualify it as large scale attack?
And now, you bring up all this red herrings about the usual fighting methods of Touma and Accelerator, for no apparent reason, since the issue we were discussing are attacks that qualify as large scale attacks.
Quote:
Quote:
-1 point
vs kihara

Refer to dniv's statement.
Neutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 07:09   Link #724
LevelSeven

Spoiler for @dniv:

Spoiler for @neutral:

so...finally the misunderstandings are cleared
Old 2014-05-27, 08:53   Link #725
Neutral

@LevelSeven
This is what we were talking about:
Spoiler for Light and laser:

Or something related to shown image.
Neutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 10:50   Link #726
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral View Post
@LevelSeven
This is what we were talking about:
Spoiler for Light and laser:

Or something related to shown image.

Old 2014-08-02, 12:42   Link #727
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Spoiler for For Novel readers Only:
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-17, 03:12   Link #728
Kyouka
Is Here

so now he's 0-3 with touma im kind of sad
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 18:22   Link #729
human013

So I read a spoiler somewhere that said one character punched Accelerator which knocked him back into a wall, then he reflected off the wall towards another punch, turning him into something like a pinball. Has Accelerator ever been pushed back from an attack with his reflection still active? besides Touma and the attack from Fiamma's floating structure.
human013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 15:32   Link #730
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by human013 View Post
So I read a spoiler somewhere that said one character punched Accelerator which knocked him back into a wall, then he reflected off the wall towards another punch, turning him into something like a pinball. Has Accelerator ever been pushed back from an attack with his reflection still active? besides Touma and the attack from Fiamma's floating structure.
it wasnt like that, a vending machine was thrown at him, he relfected it back, the person who throw it had super-strength, so he punched it back, accel reflected the vending machine and that was like a pinball match

it happens in a crossover which is non-canon
Old 2015-08-18, 04:52   Link #731
Accelerator fan
one way road

Quote:
it happens in a crossover which is non-canon
Will this crossover ever be translated ?

However what do you think about this
Spoiler for Light novel:
Old 2015-08-18, 12:54   Link #732
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelerator fan View Post
Will this crossover ever be translated ?
no idea, i didnt see anything regrading that, i heard that js06 (the normal guy to translates toaru) doesnt like crossovers, therefore he wont translate this :/

Quote:
Spoiler for Light novel:
Spoiler for answer:
Old 2015-08-18, 14:25   Link #733
Accelerator fan
one way road

Exclamation

Quote:
no idea, i didnt see anything regrading that, i heard that js06 (the normal guy to translates toaru) doesnt like crossovers, therefore he wont translate this :/
Doesn't like crossovers that is not a reason there are a lot of fan who went to read the crossover this is selfish.

Spoiler for The reply:
Old 2015-08-18, 15:17   Link #734
LevelSeven

Quote:
Doesn't like crossovers that is not a reason there are a lot of fan who went to read the crossover this is selfish.
dont rely on me, im only saying what i heard fomr someone else :/
either way, he is translating toaru without getting paid, i would think that forcing him into it is actually the selfish part
Spoiler for reply to reply:
Old 2015-08-18, 17:05   Link #735
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
I swear, some people are so entitled over stuff they read for free. js06 is under no obligation to translate the LNs, and he does an amazing job as it is compared to some LNs series can get stalled for months. Have some respect.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 17:43   Link #736
Accelerator fan
one way road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven
dont rely on me, im only saying what i heard fomr someone else :/
either way, he is translating toaru without getting paid, i would think that forcing him into it is actually the selfish part
Yeah i guess you're right we shouldn't push him he is doing it for free after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions
I swear, some people are so entitled over stuff they read for free. js06 is under no obligation to translate the LNs, and he does an amazing job as it is compared to some LNs series can get stalled for months. Have some respect.
You're right i am sorry i should respect him more.

Spoiler for Another reply:
Old 2015-08-19, 04:58   Link #737
tsunade666

-_-

its not clear if Aleister is higher than majin or not but its clear that Aleister is not a majin. He hates majin and even strap himself into a machine to stop his body from producing mana or refining his life force.

As for Aiwass, the majin mocks him as a failure but to Aleister. Aiwass is a different path from the majin.

We still can't say which is higher level of existence from what was shown.

As for accelerator's wings. Black wings is osiris format and white wings is probably horus format. I didn't read much about those but its a theory for it and Aiwass did explain that Accelerator is outdated when they first met.
Old 2015-08-19, 07:13   Link #738
Accelerator fan
one way road

What tsunade666 says that the white wings is horus format and LevelSeven says it's not.

Who am i supposed to believe guys i am new here so i don't know what to do?
Old 2015-08-19, 08:03   Link #739
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
maybe he went an overpowered hybrid
No, Aleister wants magic destroyed, why would he want a Magician Esper hybrid?
Quote:
His real goal isn't that to turn Earth into an artificial heaven and make people into artificial angels.
No, that was Tsuchimikado's conjecture, which Aleister, being a troll, neither denied nor confirmed it. All we know is that:

1. He wants to destroy magic.
2. He wants to activate an AIM Field across the whole globe, possibly to make magic impossible to do in accord to the first goal. No, it does not make people artificial angels, which is a term that applies strictly to Kazakiri.
3. He wants to make a "trinity" out of Accelerator, Last Order, and Kazakiri.
4. He is keeping Aiwass around, and tried to create a copy of it with Kazakiri.
5. His plan is apparently extremely similar to Fiamma's and rests on the Imagine Breaker and a "temple" that could be Academy City.
6. He wants to reach the "Pure World of science" beyond all layers.
7. All of this is related to the Aeon of Horus.
Quote:
What tsunade666 says that the white wings is horus format and LevelSeven says it's not.

Who am i supposed to believe guys i am new here so i don't know what to do?
It's a plausible hypothesis, but nothing in canon have confirmed anything about it.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 09:18   Link #740
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
No, Aleister wants magic destroyed, why would he want a Magician Esper hybrid?
mostlikely he wants something that goes beyond magic and science :/
Spoiler for @allfiction: